Weight lifting.

bench 165
clean ~115

only 2 i have recently tested although i might have a better clean now i dunno

standard barbell flat bench: 215 1rm
standard deadlift: ~ 320 6rm (deadlift with kilogram weights so that's about the conversion in pounds)
standard squat: 215 6rm
ohp: 115 8rm... i think?

i'm learning olympic lifting style so i'll be able to snatch and clean and jerk soon; i can already do cleans but i've been doing low weights to learn the form, so it's not a notable number

and yes i know that my bench is disproportionate with my squat and even my deadlift as well. i didn't bother squatting for the longest time (and when i did i rocketed to 205 in about a month) because i didn't care for my lower body. i don't have really bad chicken legs like some guys i see in the gym though

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Um, nice OP.

I stopped going to the gym when I moved downtown in August, but I've been doing P90x since then, tomorrow is day 73 of 90. The only weights we have here are dumbbell bars with small plates, so I just do the exercises for reps. I'm in great shape, though, and would love to see what I can lift now. When I stopped, I probably could have benched 200 or so, squatted about the same (I was never good at squats), and deadlift, no idea, I have a bad back so I never do it with serious weight.

I don't test 1RMs ever so I'll just post my normal lifts:

Bench 5x5: 195 lbs
Squat 5x5: 225 lbs
OHP 5x5: 115 lbs

and I still can't deadlift or Clean or C&J unfortunately, my lower back really fucks with these lifts (squatting too but I push through that usually)

To all those who have bad backs (myself included).

Have you considered doing sumo deadlifts? It shifts the burden of the movement from the back and hamstrings to the quadriceps and adductor/abductors, and can make it especially easier for dudes with TRex arms. It will still work on your back, but not as much as a conventional style. Many powerlifters, almost all of them in lower weight classes, deadlift sumo. However, the really big guys like Andy Bolton pull conventional.

As for me:

Bench Press: 195
Deadlift: 275
Squat: Untested

I'm actually afraid to test a 1rm for a squat, since if my spotter is bad I could get seriously screwed over. Whereas, if I fail a deadlift I just drop the bar.

To all those who have bad backs (myself included).

Have you considered doing sumo deadlifts? It shifts the burden of the movement from the back and hamstrings to the quadriceps and adductor/abductors, and can make it especially easier for dudes with TRex arms. It will still work on your back, but not as much as a conventional style. Many powerlifters, almost all of them in lower weight classes, deadlift sumo. However, the really big guys like Andy Bolton pull conventional.
The problem is that I don't really need any extra quad work as much as I need posterior chain work, so that would be kind of counter-productive.

I'm actually afraid to test a 1rm for a squat, since if my spotter is bad I could get seriously screwed over. Whereas, if I fail a deadlift I just drop the bar.
Yeah this is one reason why I don't like testing 1RMs. Bench is not really that bad because generally my spotter would be strong enough to get the weight back up, but with the squat I feel like I could really do some serious damage if it's too heavy, even with a spotter. The bottom position for the squat isn't the most forgiving position when you mess up form.

Bench- 210
Squat- max was 440 about a year ago. Haven't lifted the same in a long time so it's probably closer to 340ish.
Power Clean- 165 This was always my worst lift, I think my technique was holding me back
Military Press-185
I wish I could've max'd out on Deadlift but there wasn't enough room on the bar to add more weight.

Also, what is 1RM?

1rm= single rep maximum

btw, how is your military press so beast compared to your bench press? my bench press is higher than yours, unless you can do a significant amount of reps of 210 lbs (I can do 8 or so reps only at 185 lbs). and even if you can, it it's like 70 lbs higher than my military press!

I'm not even sure. I guess I just have strong shoulders. I play basketball so we do a lot of rebounding drills and whatnot that really engage the arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)