Gen 3 Wait, what?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know how, but this shit has been working for me lately.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 132 Atk / 40 SAtk / 96 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Counter / Selfdestruct
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch

Counter for servers without database mods. Still makes a great leadoff.

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

MoPcross. No Maggie support, so I look for Snorlax to draw out and cripple Skarmory.

Solrock @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Reflect
- Rock Slide

Salamence/Gyarados counter.

Houndoom (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 228 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

When I originally posted my thread on Hera/Solrock, a few of you suggested this, so I'm testing it out. Might replace WoW with Beat Up.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Personally, I just like Modest Gengar for the damage it does. These are the wrong EVs, and I thought I changed them earlier, but w/e. Just know I use 186 Atk for Explosion.

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 44 HP / 236 Atk / 228 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Gengar and Duggie work great together.

Do what you do.

Hmmmmm, outside of snorlax you have a pretty big weakness to bulky waters, and I just don't think solrock will cut it as a sala/gyara counter--mixmence and elemence kill it with ease and gyarados can have Hydro Pump these days to not be totally walled by skarm. He is also not the physical wall your looking for (nor the droids you are looking for :nerd:). Would not use self destruct on snorlax unless you blow up on their bulky H20, as without him they can run through this pretty well. Besides that this looks solid, its good like all your teams and props for solrock usage! Take my suggestions with a grain of salt though, cuz snorlax should be able to wall waters pretty well--your multiple exploders help as well.

by adding 4 evs to snorlax's attack, you gain 2 points other than 1 because of the stat breakpoint, so i suggest to do it.
When using counter, consider return > body slam, if nothing just because a misplaced fullypar screws the things up in a pretty bad manner by revealing the surprise of counter. Also, when you are not running rest, you may favour immunity to thick fat, since I don't see particular troubles with entei, jynx or petayazard in your team nonetheless. If there are any tough, I would prefer to stick Roar on Doom rather than using thick fat lax, thus because of the fact that pretty common toxic milotic/vaporeon would otherwise cause you some problems (and roar helps a lot against cmpass speedy celebi).
I believe you are going with 30 HP ivs with heracross, unless for some reason you want the capability of subbing four times... up to you, just remember that the 30 ivs are the quickest way to activate the salac berry.
Maybe consider fire blast (or even overheat) on solrock since you have to weaken skarm pretty badly if you want mopcross to sweep.

No sleep absorbers and no cleric mean you are pretty weak to sleep status, and an opposite subsporebreloom sure as hell is not going to make you a favour (you have to be very smart with Houndoom and/or Duggy to avoid at least one kill). Beware of mixmence (pretty rare thing tough) since lax cannot eat too many brick breaks and reflect will not make up for this; mixed Sala isn't going to eat your team alive but it will cause some damages all around. Random problems with boah, if you manage to remove the sub there is always duggy tough (even if dugtrio fails at ohkoing it, crunch wouldn't ohko back unless spikes are on the field).

Pretty good for the rest. I would change the heracross to a resttalker for better coverage against boah (well, unless it is a flamethrower version) and sleepers, but by doing this I'm under the impression of removing the center of your building intention.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, it is 30 HP IVs. Also, I'm considering Beat Up on Houndoom, but not sure if I want to lose WoW.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just saw Lum Berry, Sync. Care to atleast explain why you're using that, lol?
Ballsy Hypnogars. Also became custom for me when McGar fucked up the Beat Up version with paralysis.

adamant duggy
MAX ATTACK
Ermm... no.

44 HP is there I think to take a hit from a super-effective Hidden Power, and Jolly Duggy is better here or else + Speed Infernapes will outspeed most Pokémon here and hit 4/6 of his team super-effective.

Edit: I just looked the the Pokémon's attacks and realized I was in Ever Grande RMT, not Stark Mountain RMT.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Infernape sounds like a lame DP Pokemon. Lame DP Pokemon are not in Advance.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have just been shown by Synch that user Earthquake tried a DP Rmt in a R/S/E section, lol.

I am impressed with Lum Berry Houndoom.

healty hera deals with other crosses at low hps... and also there is gengar. Agilitygross is some sort of a problem, but against snorlax things are that it suicides or dies to a counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)