- Poison Jab<br />
- Protect</p>

<p>words</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>everything lol</p>

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why would i use this over Shuckle, Galvantula, or Smearlge? And don't say Toxic Spikes for the first two, as they are not good enough of a reason to justify using such an outclassed and bad Pokemon.

Its only real niche, now that I think about it, is that it can defeat Florges and Sylveon. Probably isn't much of a niche though.

Another cool niche I can see it having is beating opposing smeargle with insomnia, but of course that depends on how popular smeargle is. other than that , I don't know

People seem to be forgetting about its ability Insomnia which allows it not to be able to be put to sleep. When people see Smergle in the team preview they will assume that it will spore, set up entry hazards, Baton Pass and people can predict that and lead with Grass type pokemon or Insomnia Pokemon, take out Smergle and boom, you have no entry hazards. At the moment, Ariados has it's niche but I believe Smergle still outclasses it because it can have any move set it wants and smart people will take advantage of the generic set and run something else.

This will get bullied out of Ubers/OU but will see the light of day in RU/(New 6th gen tier here)/NU

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea whatever, might be good in the lower tiers, but we don't have lower tiers atm, so its got to deal with the big boys and well...it doesn't.

QC REJECTED 2/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)