Vulture Kangaroos

Vulture Kangaroos
Hey everyone I am Ashley11 and I am here with my very first NU RMT. I have played NU for a while, but i have always been way too lazy to make RMTs, so i decided i would make one today. I made this team literally yesterday, and i laddered all day with it and ended up only losing 3 times, (hax and a musharna) and ended up peaking #46 on the ladder with a ladder score of 1931. Without further ado i will go on to my teambuilding process and my team itself.​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Teambuilding Process
First off I started with Kangaskhan because he is such a pain to offensive teams, and can pretty much work on any type of team. He is also pretty powerful with Double Edge and has good priority to stop sweeps.
Next, I went with Mandibuzz because since it dropped down, I really wanted to try it out. It also had some nice bulk and i just had to use it on this team.​
After that i realised that status conditions are already a pain to my team since kangaskhan hates burn and Mandibuzz hates Toxic, so i knew i needed a heal bell pokemon to support my team. I also got completely mauled by Choice Band Sawk which you should always have something to wall it, so I saw that musharna was the perfect solution to this problem.​
I always use a stealth rock user on my team since stealth rocks can keep give me some good 2 hit ko's, so i decided to go with my all time favorite stealth rocker, Golem. Golem also gave some good resists such as a rock, fire, and flying resist, as well as an electric immunity. He could give me some great synergy, as well as the stealth rocks i needed still.​
Next I felt that i really needed a good water resist, as well as another semi offensive pokemon since the only real offensive presence i had at this point was kangaskhan and golem. I decided to use exeggutor since I have always really enjoyed its sheer power from a choice specs Leaf Storm, which can really wallbreak. It actually one hit ko's swellow with leaf storm 0_0. I also used it because it gave me an answer to some common walls like alomomola and tangela.​
Finally, I realised that Tangela and just grass types in general were a pretty big pain to me, so i decided that I needed a catch all grass type pokemon. The first thing that came to mind was magmar since it had vital spirit to be immune to sleep, and was apparently fire type to burn all those plants. So since that would pretty much cover up my last weakness that is what i went with.​
I tested it on the ladder a bit and went like 24-2 and i realised that magmar just wasnt doing much besides for taking on grass types. I understand thats all its supposed to do, but it just wasnt fitting the bill. I decided to replace it with roost+3 attacks charizard since its a powerhouse and can still take on the grass types. It turned out working much better than magmar, even though i miss the sleep immunity.​
This ended up being my final team, that i went 27-3 with. I will probally keep laddering with this team a bit, but I lost 3 battles with this team, so its apparently not perfect, so I put it here to get some advice from some people out here..​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
The Team
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
Description: Kangaskhan is a monster. It can easily pick apart frail offensive teams if they arent prepared, and can pick off even walls when they are weakened. Its also very bulky and can take a hit when needed and get the health back with drain punch.
Why The Item? I chose the item Silk Scarf because it boosts a half of my moves, and doesnt give my recoil like life orb does so i can use double edge instead of return. Double Edge is much stronger than return, and it gives me some good power that i need.
Why The Evs and Nature and Ability? I chose to use max speed with max attack with a speed boosting nature because that maximizes my offensiveness with Kangaskhan. I am already bulky enough to take hits, so I didnt need any added bulk to her. I apparently chose scrappy because it allows me to pick off foes like haunter and misdreavus.
Why The Moves? I used Fake out combined with sucker punch in order to have a lot of priority on my kangaskhan and stop sweeps easy. I chose Double Edge because it is a very powerful STAB attack that i can use on anything i am faster than to kill. I use drain punch to take on rock and steel types and get my HP i lost back from them, and it just overall increases my lifespan. I chose it over earthquake for these reasons, and i am happy with it that way.
____________________________________________________________​
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Trait: Big Pecks
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Spd / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play
Description: Mandibuzz is most likely the MVP of my team because of how well it does at literally everything. It can break the toughest of walls, tank the toughest attacks, and kill the offensive pokemon that think they can beat it. I will tell you what i mean soon, and its the glue and wall of the team with musharna.
Why the Item? I chose leftovers as a reliable way to slowly gain back HP, and its pretty much the standard item for any fully evolved wall.
Why the Ability Evs, and Nature? I chose the ability Big Pecks so nothing can lower my defense, and nothing else was really better as an ability. I decided to give it max sDef to maximize its potential in walling special attackers. I put some evs into speed to speed creep things, and so i can taunt and beat other mandibuzz. The nature is Careful to maximize my walling capabilities.
Why the Moves? I chose the move roost as a reliable way to get health back since i AM a wall. I chose taunt because it just completely shuts down walls that decide they want to beat me. I have toxic as a way to stall those walls out. Now the best move ever is on this pokemon, Foul play. Foul play completely destroys jynx, and gorebyss after a shell smash. Foul play destroys anything that try boost, anything that try to come in with high attack, it hurts about any thing and everything. Foul play allows me to beat over half the entire tier.
________________________________________________________​
Musharna (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Psychic
Description: Musharna is a great wall, and supporter. I use her on my team to keep status from annoying me, spread paralysis, and wall threats. This is my go-to sawk counter. I like having musharna on the team, and cant think of anything else that could be better.
Why The Item? Like mandibuzz, musharna uses leftovers to maximize its healing potential to stay alive and healthy.
Why The Ability, Evs, Ivs, and Nature? I chose the ability synchronize to pass on status to pokemon like alomomola who try to toxic my pokemon. I have a bold nature to make me bulky in the Def, and is the same reason for why i have my evs as they are. I put 0 Ivs into attack so foul play does as little as possible to me and confusion doesnt hurt me as much.
Why The Moves? I chose heal bell to get rid of the status that can really hurt all of my pokemon. i chose Thunder wave because it helps spread paralisys that exeggutor likes so he can outspeed things. I have moonlight as reliable recovery to use for it to stay healthy, and psychic as an attacking move to keep me from getting set up on by things like gurdurr.
_________________________________________________________​
Golem (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast
Description: Golem is my all time favorite stealth rock setter, and since it has sturdy it always gets them up. It is also very good offensively and can take on many things. It can take pokemon like braviary and zangoose as well, which is a big load off of mandibuzz and musharna.
Why the Item? Once again, the item is leftovers, so i can recover hp in some way.
Why the Evs Nature and Ability? I chose the ability sturdy to give me a second life if i am facing a one hit ko move, and it almost gurantees me a stealth rock. The nature and evs are there to maximize my hp and attack to make me a tank, being able to take and dish out attacks.
Why the moves? I chose the moves earthquake and rock blast to have good powerful STAB attacks to deal damage. I have the move sucker punch to pick off faster threats. I have Stealth rocks there to get the crucial ko's i might need in the match later with my kangaskhan or something.
________________________________________________________​
Exeggutor (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 112 Spd / 144 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Description: Exeggutor hits like a truck. No, not a truck, a train. Its so powerful, it does over 50% to physical Mandibuzz with leaf storm. with Stealth rocks, its a 2 hit ko, if its two switches into stealth rocks its a 1 hit ko. That gives you an idea of how hard this thing hits. I love using it when i can, and it just seemed to fit great into this team.
Why the Item? I chose the item choice specs because it allows me to get some crucial one hit kos and 2 hit kos, and i just hit amazingly hard. It might seem bad on paper to be locked into one move, but i usually only need one move and thats leaf storm, so thats perfectly fine with me.
Why the Ability, Nature, and Evs? I chose the ability chorophyll because there really isnt any other ability thats better than it, and you never know, i might happen to run into a sun team. I chose the evs so i could outspeed alomomola and standard eelektross, and maximized my spA and put the rest into HP.
Why the Moves? I chose the moves Leaf Storm Psychic and HP Fire so i could get good coverage with my monster spA. I chose giga drain over sleep powder because i wanted some way to get HP back, and i dont like the idea of being locked into a status move that can put one pokemon asleep in the match with sleep powder.
_______________________________________________________​
Charizard (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost
Description: Charizard is quite the powerhouse, and with roost he can get rid of that pesky Stealth rock weakness. It can take on the grass type my team hates, and just hit anything really hard.
Why the Item? I chose the item leftovers to get more recovery from the SR damage. I dont use Life Orb because i dont want to get below 50% after SR and life orb recoil or i cant switch.
Why the Ablity, Nature, and Evs? I chose the ability blaze since i am not using a sun team, and blaze could turn out to be useful in a pinch. i have the evs to maximize my offensive presence, and i have the nature to make me as fast as possible.
Why the Moves? I chose the moves Fire Blast, Air Slash, and Roost to get as much coverage as possible with my monstrous spA stat. I also have roost there to get my health back from Stealth rocks and just get healthy again when im low on health.
Conclusion
This is my RMT, and I am very happy with it, and my team. I do have some flaws though since i lost those 3 battles, and i need to get them fixed. Any rates are appreciated. Please leave a like if you enjoyed this RMT, its appreciated and encourages me to do these more often. Tell me what i should do to make the RMTs better, really any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time, and see around Smogon some other time!
~Ashley11
Importable
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Trait: Big Pecks
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Spd / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play
Musharna (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Psychic
Golem (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast
Exeggutor (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 12 Spd / 244 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Charizard (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there!

This will be a simple and quick rate since we've already discussed most of what I'm looking to suggest for you on IRC. Anyways, this is a rather interesting bulky offensive team you got there, though I see a general weakness to most Water types that have the ability to break through Exeggutor. This includes examples such as Carracosta, Samurott, or Ludicolo, etc. as nothing likes taking really strong hits and the latter two are capable of cleaning up this team entirely once hazards are up. A quick suggestion that I would make is Choice Scarf Jynx over Exeggutor, as Exeggutor's placing on the team is rendered redundant if you are willing to take Cherub Agent's suggestion of Power Herb and Solar Beam on Charizard. Jynx also is able to switch into or revenge kill most of the aforementioned Water-types and provides you a solid revenge killer for the likes of Serperior as well, which can come in handy.

Aside from that, lets get into some nitpicking. As many on IRC has mentioned themselves, I don't really like Drain Punch on Kangaskhan for you, as it makes it especially easier to Carracosta to setup on Kangaskhan as well as less useful coverage on Rock- and Steel- as Earthquake provides. Earthquake also hits Metang or Klang harder as well, which is going to come in handy considering how much Pokemon on this team that they are capable of beating 1v1.

Otherwise, not much to comment on unless it's deceptively optional. Hope these changes were helpful for you. :)

Code:
Suggested Changes:

Kangaskhan: Earthquake > Drain Punch

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)