VGC Cursola/Toxtricity trick room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi^^ That's my first VGC20 team... what do you think about it?

Hatterene (F) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Indeedee-F (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic

Hatterene/Indeedee is the most common trick room core. I'm only unsure about the spreads... maybe I should go for a tankier indeedee...

Toxtricity-Low-Key (M) @ Room Service
Ability: Punk Rock
Happiness: 160
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Toxtricity is great. With Room Service he reaches 48 in speed: I mean, that's an okay speed in a trick room team.
I chose for Boomburst instead of Hyper Voice because I used Cursola next to him.
Great mention for his poison type dynamax move, that increases Toxtricity's and his teammate's special attack^^

Cursola (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Perish Body
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump

Cursola has a great special attack and it's EXTREMELY slow, perfect in a trick room.
As mentioned before, his ghost typing, helps Toxtricity using Boomburst.
Giga Drain and Hydro Pump are great for coverage (Tyranitar, Rhyperior, Rotom W, Gastrodon...), even better in their dynamax version.

Corviknight (M) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Tailwind
- Roost

Dragapult (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

These last two pokemon are my "out of trick room picks", just in case I'm against a team that counters me.
I choose not to give Corviknight any speed evs to make it kinda viable even in the TR.
I went for psychic seed to boost his special defense, thanks to Indeedee's ability.
Dragapult, on the other hand, is maybe the strongest and fastest pokemon in this meta, so it kinda fits in every team^^

P.S. Sorry if my english is kinda bad :c

Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)