Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
[Art is being worked on :)]

VGC Classics PL Overview:
  • 6 teams to play in an 8v8 regular season, followed by a 8v8 playoffs stage featuring the top 4 teams
  • Format overview is as follows:
    • x1 VGC 22
    • x1 VGC 21 (SwSh S9)
    • x1 SwSh S3
    • x1 VGC 19 Ultra (can gentleman's to Sun or Moon)
    • x1 VGC 18
    • x1 VGC 17
    • x1 VGC 15
    • x1 VGC 13
  • 100k budget for a min of 11 players, no max player cap
    • Bidding prices start at 3k
  • Each team can have a manager + 2 co-managers, one of which can be bought as player for 15k
  • Trades for players can happen until the start of Week 1
  • Standings will follow a points system, 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss. (Tiebreakers will be specified in Admin Thread later)
As a manager team, your responsibilities will be:
  • attending the draft and selecting an eligible team of players
  • sending rosters to the commissioner on time weekly (I start school soon so pls don't keep me waiting)
  • aid your players in their respective playing slots
  • resolving any conflicts that arise
  • motivating your team to have a great season!
The managers will be picked by the commissioner (hi that's me) and any VGC forum moderators who are not participating in VGC Classics PL

Signup Format: (copy below)
Name:
Co-manager(s):
Team Name:
Relevant Social Media(s):
Timezone:
Why should you be selected to manage?:

Example Signup
Name:
Eeveon7
Co-manager(s): Imagine having friends
Team Name:
Ecruteak Elekis

Relevant Social Media: https://twitter.com/Eeveon7, astralbarrage (Discord)
Timezone: GMT-4
Why should you be selected to manage?: I've managed VGC PL III + co-managing Team Canada. I also make bad spreadsheets and have some type of benchwarming power in team leagues. (insert more relevant stuff to make your app more compelling!)
Manager Signups: Aug 28 - Sep 3
Player Signups: Sep 4 - Sep 15
Draft: sometime Sep 16-17
Week 1: Sep 18 - Sep 24
Week 2: Sep 25 - Oct 1
Week 3: Oct 2 - Oct 8
Week 4: Oct 9 - Oct 15
Week 5: Oct 16 - Oct 22
Semis: Oct 23 - Nov 5
Playoffs: Nov 6 ->

Last edited:

Gramgus

is a Tiering Contributor
VGCPL Champion
Name: stephen
Co-manager(s): emforbes
Team Name: Lanakila Leles
Relevant Social Media(s): stephen252 on discord, we both have twitters that are pretty inactive
Timezone: NYC time for me, west coast for emi
seems p straightforward btwn our combined team tour managing and playing experiences and pedigree in these formats (also not the discussion thread but would love playoffs to be 8v8 still with a 3v3 tiebreaker)

Last edited:
Name: z0mog
Co-manager(s): Lunar.
Team Name: Los Platos Hermanos
Relevant Social Media(s): @z0mogvgc / @chrisdanzo
Timezone: -7 and -4
I am a very experienced and successful manager across every variation of team tournament you can think of. Lunar is Chris Fucking Danzo

Last edited:
Name: stephen
Co-manager(s): emforbes
Team Name: tbd (will determine before sign-ups close)
Relevant Social Media(s): stephen252 on discord, we both have twitters that are pretty inactive
Timezone: NYC time for me, west coast for emi
seems p straightforward btwn our combined team tour managing and playing experiences and pedigree in these formats (also not the discussion thread but would love playoffs to be 8v8 still with a 3v3 tiebreaker)
confirming

Name: ZardiCharVGC
Co-manager(s): Dutch Turtle, Carneyasada
Team Name: Twinleaf Turtwigs
Relevant Social Media(s): ZardiCharVGC, @Carneyasadaa, @Dutch_Turtle_
Timezone: PDT (GMT-7)

Manager History: (Currently having a 71% win percentage as a Manager, will update after Opal finals).
- Opal: Currently in Finals, "B" team finished as the 1st seed.
- USPA: Finished with a 7-3 record, 1 game win away from making Finals.
- VCL (Team Dojo), 3-0 record as a player.
- PGL IV: Current League.
- LRL: 1 win away from Playoffs with a 5-3 record.

Player History:
- Experience playing in NPA, VCL, PGL, USPA, High Roller, WL, PL. All either had excellent positive records individually or as a team.
- Just recently finished 3-1 on the Dozo's.
- Experience with D2's within the Regionals circuit, and excited to add more to my resume.

I believe the three of us have the pedigree and experience on the field to Manage, and I have proven results regarding competency as both a Player and Manager. I have experience playing in all Legacy formats. I want the opportunity to foster a positive, uplifting culture, while fighting for every win week in and week out.

^Confirming above. The three of us work together very well. My time zone is EST/EDT.

Player history: Lots of draft league experience and team league experience. Finalist in USPA S2, made playoffs in LRL, undefeated in OPL S1 before managing S2 where our main roster made finals. Lots of 6 win finishes at regionals in the 2023 season, finished at 209 points. Currently playing in PGL4.

We will foster a positive and welcoming environment for everyone, while remaining competitive and focused on the end goal of winning the league.

Zeal

DPL Champion
Name: Zeal
Co-manager(s): mattadome
Team Name: Malie Heat
Relevant Social Media(s): @ zealpkmn @ mattadome
Timezone: gmt+8

Both myself and Matt have been around since 2017 and have multiple top cuts and day 2 finishes at worlds and internationals between both of us, so we know the playerbase well. I’ve had experience managing in DOU World Cup and Matt has managed in a past VGCPL.

Last edited:
Name: Zeal
Co-manager(s): mattadome
Team Name: Malie Heat
Relevant Social Media(s): @zealpkmn Mattadome
Timezone: gmt+8

Both myself and Matt have been around since 2017 and have multiple top cuts and day 2 finishes at worlds and internationals between both of us, so we know the playerbase well. I’ve had experience managing in DOU World Cup and Matt has managed in a past VGCPL.
Confirming above, Zeal is a homie <3

Timezone is GMT+8
Player history: Been around since 2017 and qualified for Worlds 3 times, two of which were Day 2. I’ve cut internats twice, also won a PC when Singapore still had those.

Zeal and I are super chill and look forward to having great time with everyone :)

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Name: me
Co-manager(s): tbd
Team Name: tbd
Relevant Social Media(s); xbossarux
Timezone: GMT-5
Why should you be selected to manage?: ''6 rings''

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)