VGC '12 Midwest Regional - Madison, WI - Won by ZachDro & WaterPokemonTrainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fuck it i'm going

i've got nothing else going on, a month of time to kill, and a strange desire to live in the past

no guarantees that i will be any good, but impulse decisions are best decisions

oh yeah i'm also in the master's division

Actually screw the Dells idea. Going to the Bucks game MAYBE instead, talked to the Pokecrew about it. Might have room for rides. Might. Maybe. Depends. But yeah that won't be as expensive as the Dells...because I'm not honestly sure what the hell to do in the Dells for under $30.

Also Macle, another friend is tagging along with us. He doesn't know much about VGC yet so dw. :p

I will almost definitely be there – I only live about fifteen or twenty minutes away, so life permitting, I'll see you all there (and be a stepping stone to Nationals) in Masters.

I'm know judging the TCG Saturday and probably the VGC Sunday. I still need confirmation which they are having me judge Sunday though.

Anyone gonna be at the Sheraton tonight? I'd be interested in playing some Mario Kart 7 or some Kid Icarus

My friend wants to, I didn't bring either one sadly, but he'd want to play. I'm not at the Sheraton though :l about 5 miles east of you at the Days Inn. We can talk about meeting up though and maybe doing some practice battles too.

Also, me, Jhud, and a few others are getting dinner tonight at Wendy's at about 8:30pm (the one off of highway 51) if anyone wants to join us they're welcome to.

fwiw since I probably wont try to get on IRC or be able to post while I travel due to my phone not handling it so well anymore:

Going to this event as its the only one that I can actually get to before it starts, won't get in until 11 or 12 tonight, will probably be around to hang around a bit then and after the event tomorrow since we're gonna do the drive home in two days and hang out in Chicago or something tomorrow night to avoid doing 16 hours of driving in 30 hours or so. If we get in town before the Blackhawks game ends tonight(starts at 10, ends at 12:30 or so) it is likely we'll want to hit a bar and catch the end on TV, otherwise open to whatever, trying to take it as easy as I can this weekend though I need to do some work at some point. My # is on my FB for those you who have me friended there but don't have it and want to get a hold of me.

My friend wants to, I didn't bring either one sadly, but he'd want to play. I'm not at the Sheraton though :l about 5 miles east of you at the Days Inn. We can talk about meeting up though and maybe doing some practice battles too.

Also, me, Jhud, and a few others are getting dinner tonight at Wendy's at about 8:30pm (the one off of highway 51) if anyone wants to join us they're welcome to.
Come downtown you dbags, I don't have a car >:O

Or I will just hang out with the ~Co0l cRoWd~ of evan and synre

I can give rides to 2 more people besides Luke from downtown to the Wendy's if needed O:

Also 320+ turnout for TCG today. They're expecting (roughly obviously) 250-500 for VGC. Should be much better if there's more than even 200, hopefully nothing like Fort Wayne where we have to play each other.

The room is currently set up to host 900 people...it can fit 1300 if necessary. Big venue, great location, well managed...I'm already impressed.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
also madison is a so much better than ft wayne it's not even funny

great town

Ah sorry for the lack of meeting up guys me and my mom/bro got in late and were pretty much ready to call it a night seeing as I'm from EST :P I'll see you guys tomorrow, I'll be in a light blue shirt with some blue/white plaice pants, just come say what's up!

And ya I hope the location is better than ft Wayne. That location was pretty lackluster =\

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm just rounding up the last of the scores on the doors, but I can confirm Zachdro wins this regional!

Results from WI
Masters
ZachDro 7-0
Sixonesix 6-1
Trainer Red 6-1
Jhud 6-1
MangoSol 6-1
theamericandream38 5-2
Synre 5-2
Calvin Chan 5-2
Shiny Regice 5-2
evan 5-2
Psycho 4-3

(Not ordered by final position, just scores.)

Yeah so

<- 6-1, 8th place

Top cut would have been nice here since there were exactly eight 7-0s/6-1s at the end, but what happened happened. I just needed to not lose in round 2 the way I did, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)