SS Doubles OU (VERY EARLY GEN 9 TEAM) I made a Shedinja team for Scarlet/Violet DOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Theres no SV Doubles OU option so I'm putting this post on SS Doubles OU. And yes I know I'm extremely early)

Scarlet/Violet are only 2 months away until release (as of this post). Since Terrestrial Phenomenon is the new gimmick. A lot of posts about Electric Type Shedinja with Air Balloon have been going around the internet so I decided to make a 3-mon team for that planned strategy that everyone is going to use (if Nincada, Ninjask, or Shedinja get shown in the next trailer)

Here is the team!

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 22 SpD
- Protect
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Shedinja will be the main focus of this planned team, Terrastalize it on the first turn into an Electric Type. This makes it immune to ALL DAMAGING moves (Even secondary effects such as 10% chance to burn moves). Shedinja has Protect incase of a potential Leech Seed or Will-o-Wisp to swap out before it takes that kind of damage. Giving it Tera Blast instead of Poltergeist because I don't think that move is coming into SV. I gave Shedinja 0 Def and 22 SpD so incase a Download ability pokemon swaps in it gets a 1+ Atk boost instead.

Swablu @ Eviolite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 124 HP / 188 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Tailwind
- Safeguard
- Protect
- Body Slam

I'm putting in Swablu as the second Pokémon. The reason why I picked Swablu instead of it's evolution, Altaria is because it is Normal/Flying which only has 3 weaknesses while Altaria has 4 weaknesses with Ice-Typing being DOUBLED. Anyways Swablu gets Eviolite which is more bulkier than Altaria. Swablu has Cloud Nine that removes the effects of the current weather, This also removes Sandstorm and Hail from Shedinja's hatelist. Swablu gets Safeguard which temporarily prevents Shedinja from getting burned, paralyzed, or posioned (Just use Protect on Shedinja because Swablu is terribly slow). Protect is very useful since it can keep Swablu in the battle-field for an extra turn incase your opponent tries to double-target it. Tailwind can be used to speed things up (such as any other 3 mons you put into the team). Body Slam is for chip-damage or a last resort.

Cyclizar @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Shed Skin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 140 HP / 118 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dragon Claw
- Shed Tail
- Protect
- Shift Gear

Cyclizar is the final pokemon for this team. It has Covert Cloak to counter Fake Outs. It invests 252 Speed, 140 HP, and 118 Attack. We do not know what Cyclizar's stats are but I'll make it Jolly Nature. So far Cyclizar is confirmed to learn Shed Tail, Shift Gear, and Dragon Claw. But I'm putting in Protect since it probably can learn that too. Shed Tail will be used to swap out into Shedinja to give it a substitute, This also avoids Will-O-Wisp and Toxic without Safeguard (But you still need Swablu in the battlefield though).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)