Venomoth

Baton pass the quiver dance. Sleep powder just in case. Bug buzz so your not taunt bait.

Veno: timid, tinted
Sleep powder
Baton Pass
quiver
bug buzzzzz

most efficient way to use him.
not the perfect special sweeper prototype, but can easily help set a bulky special sweeper.

I like taunting/encoring lead pokemon that decided to use entry hazards/boost stats, then comes veno with atleast a free quiver dance--if not two or three! Depending on opponents pokemon it's a bug buzz for the kill or it's a hand off to a grateful companion :D

I almost feel bad using Venomoth. Almost.

I've been testing a defensive set which has proved unfortunately slow, but is safer in case Sleep Powder misses! It's also easier to get 2 QD's by surviving a hit from the opponent's secondary check (if the first one is slept). Really not sure if it's worth it though.

Venomoth @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/160 Def/98 Spe
Standard Mono-attack set with Tinted Lens

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like Black Sludge would always a better option than lefties. Is there something I'm not thinking of or do people just forget about it?

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like Black Sludge would always a better option than lefties. Is there something I'm not thinking of or do people just forget about it?
Simple its due to trick. Its just plain safer to use leftovers in the off chance Venomoth gets trickscarfed/banded. So that the opponent won't be passing off Black Sludge to another mon which would take damage from it.

Simple its due to trick. Its just plain safer to use leftovers in the off chance Venomoth gets trickscarfed/banded. So that the opponent won't be passing off Black Sludge to another mon which would take damage from it.
O duh. I overlooked the fact that they can trick more than one poke.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
What if you predict Trick and switch to Venomoth so it takes the Black Sludge back?
Meanwhile you managed to slightly damage the Trick user instead of healing it.
It's not much, but it's certainly an advantage over Leftovers.

What if you predict Trick and switch to Venomoth so it takes the Black Sludge back?
Meanwhile you managed to slightly damage the Trick user instead of healing it.
It's not much, but it's certainly an advantage over Leftovers.
Yes but point is its safer, and most trick users would rather use trick for the incoming switch in given that Venomoth will most likely be stuck using Quiver Dance or whatnot (you wouldn't be tricking Venomoth when its fully set up after all). Or Venomoth is KOed then it becomes much easier to trick black sludge to something that wouldn't appreciate it. Either way, leftovers doesn't leave you with all those mind games with trick but in the end it is your own risk reward gamble.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Thanks to scolipede, toxic spikes isn't illegal with baton pass. You could use him as a lead, and after you put the pokemon to sleep, use the turn they switch to get your spikes up (unless they have a lum berry...).

I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why not run Wonder Skin over Tinted Lens on the Baton Pass set? I haven't played with Venomoth yet, but it seems that making moves like Taunt, Roar, Whirlwind, and Thunder Wave 50% accurate would be very valuable for a Baton Passer. Tinted Lens is only used when you're attacking Pokemon that resist Bug Buzz. With Venomoth's base 90 Special Attack, you're not exactly going to be punching holes in things unless you have a few boosts already, and if you do, they're probably more useful on something else.

I don't think something like this would make or break Venomoth, but it seems it would help it pass more effectively. And as long as the opposing Pokemon doesn't resist it, it can still use the boosts as effectively as it does with Tinted Lens. Am I looking at this wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)