UUWC III - Finals (Won by Rest of World)

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

Hosted by Vertigo and ken
Announcements | Replays | Usage Stats

~Spreadsheet~
(courteous of Ticken)

Welcome to the Finals of UUWCoP 2023!

US West (3) vs (5) Rest of World
SV: velvet vs tko
SV: TSR vs ninjadog
SV: BigFatMantis vs udongirl
SV: vivalospride vs ChrisPBacon
SV: dex vs zS
SV: Monky25 vs damien the genius
SS: Attribute vs Chloe
SM: EternalSnowman vs DugZa

US West (0) vs (0) Rest of World

Congrats to both teams for making it here and good luck!
DEADLINE: Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 at 11:59PM GMT-7

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
US West (4) vs (4) Rest of World

Good luck and have fun to both teams! Hoping for some cool games :).

Now to my team... It is a real shame we fell short but regardless of how it ended I had a blast exploring the new SV meta and teaming with yall, most of you were longtime friends but it was great seeing some new sparks grow within the team as well, if you do decide to stick around in UU or Smogon I can only wish you the best and hopefully we get to team again sometime too :D.
I won't go into the specifics with shoutouts but I would like to thank Lyssa for co-managing with me and for all the effort that went into this tournament especially in the semifinals round and Sirwings for being an overall great sub and for all the testgames you've played with me. To everyone else on the team and to all the people who joined to support, thank you to you guys as well.

See you all around!

MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe US West

US West (5) vs (3) Rest of World

SV: velvet vs tko - The cho has been owning big time this tour. I think this is actually one of the much closer games tho. Think Velv can definitely get it if she tryhards enough in the builder which I wouldn't be surprised if she does. Both good players and should b a good game. 45:55
SV: TSR vs ninjadog - Ninjadog has been okay but there have been a couple very puzzling turns and rag has done well. Also probably wins in the gaf department. 40:60
SV: BigFatMantis vs udongirl - There's a non-zero chance we see some super wack teams from both players. Mantis has done pretty well this tour so going with him. Udons not bad by any means though and I wouldn't be shocked if we see a specs arboliva on a win screen. 65:35
SV: vivalospride vs ChrisPBacon - Dondozo is not in this tier so ChrisP is debuffed 65:35
SV: dex vs zS - Might be a funny game in more ways than one, favour zS as a player 30:70
SV: Monky25 vs damien the genius - Monky brings Father 44:56
SS: Attribute vs Chloe - Gattribute? Attriboat? w/e both sound awful. Better than Guk though. Honest I'd prob bold Attri over almost every other player in the tour. One of the few ppl who actually likes the tier and from what I've seen is pretty good at it too. Wouldn't write Chloe off at all though, shes a solid player, esp if she lands an MU as brutal as the one in semis. 75:25
SM: EternalSnowman vs DugZa - I have to confess I have not watched a single SM game this entire tour. I'm a simple predicter, I look at records, I see 4-0, I bold.

Super heat finals, it's been cool to see RoW make such a deep run taking out both former finalists. Either can take it rly and I'm hoping to see some good (ideally not choked!) finals gaming.

spell

Death and I
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion

Interesting matchups, think it could swing either way as all of the pairings feel relatively close, besides like attribute v. chloe. tko did a good job managing to hero this team to finals somehow so rooting for him but west seems more solid even if by a minuscule amount. Going into this tournament I expected the result to be similar to years previous - one of East or Europe running the show with a strong lineup of new and old heads while everyone else fought for scraps. This time around it's been different, with two new teams in the finals and that's 100% due to the (mostly, why is there ss and sm lol)All-SV format. The SV metagame right now has been pretty diverse, fun and in a good state. Anyways go RoW!

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's no shortage of friends / players who I highly respect on both sides here but my heart urges me to look forward to a future where TSR comes out on top. I'm truly hoping to see some revolutionary gameplay throughout the series, gl all!

USW (3-4) vs (4-5) ROW
USW (4) vs (4) ROW
  • SV: velvet vs tko. velvet vs tko
    • Tko aka MEMSHOW/Llegamos al centro seems to be a master on getting a setup sweep and the one who managed to win with a Lokix and lose against a lokix but also win against Finch. There's a reason it was trusted on the tiebreaks but i'm not sure of which one is better. Just to throw a coin I'll say velvet.
  • SV: TSR vs Ninjadog.
  • SV: BigfatMantis vs Udongirl
    • Don't want to be too despective, but is difficult to trust a player who has lots of recent registered loses and was not present during quarters, specially against someone with such an Azelf obsession impecable balance.
  • SV: vivalospride vs ChrisPBacon
    • I'm goint go be honest, both seem underwhelming, but vivalospride has been even more inconsistent during this tournament.
  • SV: dex vs zS
    • I bet for zS for 2 reasons. 1°: zS can claim it won against Lily the profile changer. 2°: I don't trust dex's 1-4 record in this tournament.
  • SV: Monky25 vs damian the genius
    • Gotta be honest, I with I could said Monky25 due to the username, but Damian seems slightly better as a player.
  • SS: Attribute vs Chloe
    • While both seem to be great players but Attribute seems to edge the opponent out by a lot. Predict a stomp here
  • SM: EternalSnowman vs DugZa
    • Both seem amazing players in general, but DugZa seems a bit more flexible in terms of teams while snowman has more experience. I'll say DugZa for roughly the same reason as velvet.
In case of tiebreak I still expect ROW to win most of the time due to having a better SV lineup, but in general is more likely for ROW in a 3-5.

PS: They confirm me tko was the one defeated by lokix... Oh, this now seems to be game for anyone and is likely to end up in tiebreak.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)