UUPL XI - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
113/191 (i may have gotten this number wrong but im too lazy to check), ending regular season with just below 60%

Cinnabar Arcade Stars (0) vs (0) Safari Zone Smashers
SV UU: Chaitanya vs Feliburn
SV UU: Skarph vs Star
SV UU: Spellcaster vs Moutemoute
SS UU: ProDigeZz vs KSt3ve
SM UU: pdt vs robjr

ORAS UU: Pak vs Killintime - this is about as close of a matchup as we're going to see in these playoffs, both statistically and literally. both players have been pushing the meta, perhaps unsurprisingly, and i think they've both been playing up to their expected standards. there isn't much to say about these two that i haven't said a million times before; i don't think this game will come down to the techs, though i'd expect that they'll exist here, but pak has just kept his cool and outplayed his way through bad matchups, so while kt will probably end up with the good mu, he'll still have to work his ass off in game to get the win here.

BW UU: Amukamara vs Shiba - liam has been performing as expected, and despite dumping his entire builder however long ago, he's proven that he's still been able to nab himself some good matchups fairly consistently? which i'd argue is not very easy to do in bw, and has backed it up with his play, save for a suboptimal end game vs finch if i remember right. that aside, i'd argue right now liam's the #2 bw for the playerbase after his performance this season, and my faith in him usually doesn't waver. i'm going to try to avoid memeing on shiba here - while he did play a wacky team last week (god i wish amoonguss was good), he played fine himself, and his team was serviceable enough as well. while he is a former UU Classic Champion, though his lack of a role for it wouldn't indicate it in the discord, i think liam should be able to handle anything shiba throws at him fairly handily, especially since i don't view shiba to be the type to outplay from behind in a tier that isn't adv.

DPP UU: Leru vs Micciu - micciu and his seemingly infinite motivation and enthusiasm has netted him a solid record this season. i think his teams have been pretty cool - incidentally, the main blemish i can think of so far from his season was that very very not good end game vs fatty, but blaziken rain is pretty interesting, living vicariously through the old belief of rain being broken from years ago (lemayo). leru is genuinely one of the most annoying people to play on the planet though. i don't know if patience is the word i'd use for him being an enjoyer of doing the most mind numbing things possible, both in and out of dpp uu. however, his record hasn't been amazing, and while he theoretically outclasses micciu in every aspect from experience to gameplay to determination (again, being able to sit through pokemon games that are the equivalent of watching paint dry), micciu still has the better record. i expect leru to play better, but i'm making the safe bet here regardless.

ADV UU: Parpar vs eden - sunny decided to bring a cool team last week that seemed to have more offensive pressure to it than anything else the smashers has brought this season. i feel like that end game was fucky from highways and he maybe should've won that? idk i wasn't paying full attention. i am a big fan of focus punch ampharos, it's pretty much the best way to punish rest cycles from kangaskhan for it unless you're a loser and just decide to commit to fishing for crits (if you do that early it means you're forced to, meaning your team is ass). parpar has had a rough go for the second half of his season, as going from 3-0 to 3-3 is a real dogshit feeling. salt aside from last week, i think he's a better builder than anyone else in the playerbase by a sizable margin, having no opposition to using the janky shit like cb solrock and quagsire. his game vs heysup was maybe not great, with heysup's hypno having its best showing since the days where baton pass was allowed and kanga's most common set was wish 3 atks, but i'm not going to hold that against him enough to really want to bold against him. sunny certainly has the capacity to pull through here, but parpar is just the rising star, literally and figuratively, right now.

GSC UU: HSA vs kaori - goooodddddd i really wanna bold hsa here man. i really do. maybe now that he's in playoffs and close enough to the custom avi he'll put his best foot forward? maybe? i feel like in 2023 he just doesn't give a fuck anymore, and i truly hope i'm wrong. but kaori has been real good this season. to be honest i thought he was 5-2 but Suppose I Was Wrong. i think hsa is the better player at his 100%, and if that happens and there's no hiccups he'll take it, but that is the biggest if here.

as for tiebreak....idk. i think this would be the probable pairing?

SV UU: Skarph vs Star - but if skarph wins this week pretend i bold him
ORAS UU: Pak vs robjr
GSC UU: HSA vs kaori

i think picking gsc in tiebreak is real risky normally, but i think it's the smasher's best option, because for the stars in the fairygens you'd slot in pdt, and in any other old gen you'd slot liam in given his recent uu classic win. the next best thing for the smashers could theoretically be adv, but their record has not been great in it. i mentioned before in another chat that hsa would rather eat shit than play a tiebreak, but fuck it, maybe he will anyway. if not, leru and liam aren't bad choices either. while pak has said he thinks he's better at sm than oras, he has literally fucked up the pool every single tour for a while now, and i think he has much higher odds of winning vs rob in oras than in sm.

glhf idols and LETS FUCKING GO VTUBERS IT'S GAMETIME NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)