Tournament UUPL VIII - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 5:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (6) vs. (4) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Star vs. ZoroDark
SS UU: teal6 vs. Sabella
SS UU: explodingdaisies vs. Wanka
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Eternally
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak
BW UU: MrAldo vs. choolio
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. brewfasa
ADV UU: gorgie vs. BKC
GSC UU: The Kyle vs. alive
Bo3: robjr vs. HT

Eterna Forest Veterans (4) vs. (6) Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Ajna
SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Kushalos
SS UU: Accelgor vs. TDK
SM UU: esche vs. suapah
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Garay oak
BW UU: Amukamara vs. FLCL
DPP UU: Stone_Cold vs. Eo Ut Mortus
ADV UU: Raichy vs. ict
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. d0nut
Bo3: CBU vs. jacob

Camphrier Town Ladies (6) vs. (4) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: Skysolo vs. ggggd
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Luthier
SS UU: col49 vs. lax
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Eternal Spirit
BW UU: r0ady vs. Lopunny Kicks
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: H.M.N.I.P vs. Bouff
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA
Bo3: Adaam vs. yeezyknows

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (6) vs. (4) Iki Town Idols

SS UU: Twilight vs. Lilburr
SS UU: vivalospride vs. Freeroamer
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Moutemoute
SM UU: Bebo vs. Cynara
ORAS UU: TSR vs. bugzinator
BW UU: SOMALIA vs. SPACE FORCE meeps
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Chill Shadow
ADV UU: rozes vs. Shiba
GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. kaori
Bo3: Sacri' vs. Sage

Deadline will be Sunday, April 19th at 11:59 PM GMT-4

Good luck to everyone!​

Last edited:
I will break tradition and not tell Lily to do anything specifically. Unfortunately she is no longer undefeated due to a loss to Indigo Plateau...but 3-1 makes me proud nonetheless.

Good luck to the friends and let’s step it up idols, the playoffs are still in our reach!

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
more average predicts

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (4) vs. (6) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Star vs. ZoroDark --- both players are undefeated as of now, clearly proving that they're capable of piloting any cohesive enough team to a win. star's sample size is more convincing as he's had 4 games to work with as opposed to zoro's 2, so I favor him here. this will probably end up close either way, should be a fun watch.
SS UU: teal6 vs. Sabella --- it's nice to see both players doing well for themselves thus far and while this one's another game that's bound to be close, I think the current state of the tier favors teal's traditional up tempo style. I wouldn't be surprised at all if sabella took this one though, he's been grinding the tier and the results have been apparent.
SS UU: Feliburn vs. Wanka --- neither of them have hit their groove yet but based on what I've seen from each in ss uu, I think wanka will take it as he's put more effort into the tier over the past few months.
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Eternally --- Eternally has had more results in sm uu and I think he has the best sm uu support in the whole tour. I'm sure jaaj is no slouch but I've never seen anything significant from them in sm besides winning that one ghosting tour iirc.
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak --- it pains me to have to bold one of these two over the other since they're both dear friends and equally potent in oras. pak's recent and uncharacteristic struggles make this closer than it would've been and I think kt's dangerous when it comes to abusing the established style you'll see from many oras players. kt's also been having a slightly better tour therefore I'll slightly favor him here. this is definitely one I don't want to miss though.
BW UU: MrAldo vs. choolio --- chool's been doing well for himself while diversifying his team choices as expected. aldo with evi's support isn't to be underestimated at all but I do favor choolio's recent results and overall familiarity here.
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. brewfasa --- I do like the potential of what llamas can do in dpp, but the fact stands that the battle girls haven't won a dpp game yet (though ig you could blame rng for at least 1 if you really wanted to). fatty's 2-2 but should be the clear favorite here as the battle girls' dpp uu slot is a liability in an otherwise stacked dpp uu pool.
ADV UU: gorgie vs. BKC --- good showdown between 2 potent adv guys. it'll be fun seeing floppy in adv uu again but I think bkc + his support should be favored here as it's been working out well thus far.
GSC UU: The Kyle vs. alive --- I'm surprised kyle was taken out of adv when he was excelling there, but I don't at all doubt his potency in gsc. alive's been having a rough tour but he did end with the best gsc record last year. that definitely has to count for something and I just haven't seen anything in gsc from kyle to consider favoring him here.
Bo3: robjr vs. HT --- bo3 really never disappoints. I'd favor rob in sm, ht in oras, and rob in ss based on what i've seen in ss from both so far. both are clearly top players and I hope we get to see a full series from them to fully showcase what the both of them are capable of.

SS UU: Saria vs. ggggd --- both haven't hit their strides yet but I prefer what I saw from br in his game last week in terms of adapting to a newer meta. pablo's got no shortage of skill or support himself so again, this is a really close one.
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Luthier --- gxe's uu stock has been trending downward despite winning masters, while luthier's been steadily improving his uu sense with a good win last week. i think luthier just has the better momentum going into this game and think that'll be the deciding factor.
SS UU: col49 vs. lax --- dope to see 49 get some playing time. it's just hard to favor him over lax here as he's established himself as a force so far and 49's an unknown with what he can do in ss uu atm (though he is to credit for the exposure noiv's gotten over the years). lax's team choices have been enjoyable to watch too and I'll readily root for anyone who's kicked my ass lol.
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo --- sm uu is christo's domain and he's proving it in every sense this tour. empo's no slouch at all but on paper he seems to be outmatched here.
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Eternal Spirit --- cool mu between the 2 most dominant players in the oras pool right now. I only favor gama because he's had tougher opps up until now but this pick's essentially a coinflip in a sense. both are good, both are capable, and either of them can win this one and I wouldn't be surprised.
BW UU: r0ady vs. Lopunny Kicks --- although r0ady and punny hold identical records going into this week, r0ady's invested a lot more time into bw uu and I'm sure it'll help to make things click together for him this week. punny with bouff's bw support isn't to be scoffed at though and I'm hoping to see a good game from both.
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Thiago Nunes --- both are killing it right now. I'm especially impressed with what thiago's shown us all but this is heysup in dpp. their performances in this tour may be equal but there is an immense advantage in experience and general meta exploration on heysup's side.
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Bouff --- sam's been great and has brought downright nasty team compositions up until now that make me as a spectator want to not play him. bouff's a great adv mind but he's been struggling so I favor sam's momentum and results here.
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA --- hsa's destroying this tour and is the prime candidate to end the tour as the most dominant gsc uu player. zokuru's been doing alright but it's hard to predict against hsa right now.
Bo3: Adaam vs. yeezyknows --- bo3 fails to disappoint yet again. I fully believe this will be the flashiest bo3 series of the week and I expect a lot from both players. adam's been having a much better tour as of now, leading me to believe that he'll end up winning this one but it's never a good idea to count yeezy out even as a spectator. hope both of you guys go off.

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs. (6) Iki Town Idols

SS UU: Twilight vs. Lilburr --- I'm happy to see twi finally in since he was my main influencer when I picked ss up later than most of the other mains. He definitely has his work cut out for him here though since lily's had some great showings so far. I favor the higher consistency from lily but I'm sure this one will be close.
SS UU: vivalospride vs. Freeroamer --- I really want to see viv do well as it seems his fundamentals are strong with room for improvement on the execution side of things. he does find himself up versus a tough cover in roamer, who's currently holding on to a strong 4-0 record. based on recent results, roamer's the easy pick to win this one but viv isn't to be underestimated at all.
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Moutemoute --- odr's been killing it while I haven't seen anything significant from councilman moute. big edge here.
SM UU: Bebo vs. Cynara --- like the above matchup, I think the friends have a distinct advantage here with bebo's success, though sporadic, in sm uu. I'm sure cynara's a solid player capable of playing well but until proven otherwise, I'll favor the player with more exposure to this specific tier.
ORAS UU: TSR vs. bugzinator --- tsr's got the building advantage for sure while bugz most definitely has that edge as a player. I favor bugz here simply because a good team is nothing without execution, and I'm sure bugz can make up for any potential holes in his oras build with his playing ability.
BW UU: SOMALIA vs. SPACE FORCE meeps --- cool matchup between two guys with a penchant for the unorthodox but I slightly prefer what meeps has brought to the table.
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Chill Shadow --- I think chill got the better of donny last time this matchup happened but there's nobody who can match donny's dpp flavor. chill's been having an average tour but he's a beast nonetheless with an especially convincing win last week so look for this one to be close.
ADV UU: rozes vs. Shiba --- I'm sure rozes will play by feel and do it well enough at that, but shiba's won adv cup and uu classic in the past so the results are there.
GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. kaori --- sinkyr's been having a decent tour while kaori's been struggling a bit. the gsc minds on the idols are probably unmatched in the entire tour and this, combined with kaori's capable execution, should be enough to take this one.
Bo3: Sacri' vs. Sage --- I honestly think it takes some time to adapt to the flow of a bo3 series in terms of both prep and how one strives to stay consistent over multiple games. sage's probably been involved with bo3 in the past despite not actually playing it and while I'm sure this one will be close, I really like and prefer what sacri's shown us all so far.

You know the drill vets, let's get it done.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Predictions:
Week 5:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (0) vs. (0) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Star vs. ZoroDark: people with usernames that are real words usually do well
SS UU: teal6 vs. Sabella: Sabella beat me on the ladder recently
SS UU: Feliburn vs. Wanka: I think i'm in more PS private rooms with Feliburn
SM UU: Jaajgko vs.Eternally: I dislike usernames with double vowels
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak: funny story the friends discord had an argument about whether to let Pak in our chat, he must be good
BW UU: MrAldo vs. choolio: one of my good friends, this is biased predict
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. brewfasa: he was fairly nice to me whenever I posted in RU stuff
ADV UU: gorgie vs. BKC: 3 letter usernames always have at least 93 GXE
GSC UU: The Kyle vs. alive: I like how Kyle stood up for his senpai heysup after heysup lost a game
Bo3: robjr vs. HT: i play rob later in m00la's 50 dollar tour so hopefully HT can tilt him for me

Eterna Forest Veterans (0) vs. (0) Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Ajna: pink dragons are the hardest to tame and yet he's done it somehow, also 3 letter name (pdt)
SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Kushalos: don't do drugs, drugs are bad
SS UU: Accelgor vs. TDK: TDK liked one of my posts recently, i hope accelegor wins though I'm rooting for vets
SM UU: esche vs. suapah: i hate double vowel in names
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Garay oak: dingbat is really good at oras
BW UU: Amukamara vs. FLCL: FLCL is good at mons
DPP UU: Stone_Cold vs. Eo Ut Mortus: why are they playing mons still lol they are like 35
ADV UU: Raichy vs. ict: ict is evil he turned nakeeb into a monster and made lax rage quit for a month last uupl
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. d0nut: go vets
Bo3: CBU vs. TonyFlygon: 3 letter name, CBU is really amazing, hopefully tonyflygon will let "flygons by bygones" for this prediction against him (this is a dmt quote, i think his online presence is gone rip

Camphrier Town Ladies (0) vs. (0) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: Saria vs. ggggd: i thought estarossa was in the vets chat wtf
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Luthier: Even I never got 100 GXE...
SS UU: col49 vs. lax: I like Lax a lot, friend for life
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo: Christo is one of the best!
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Eternal Spirit:
BW UU: r0ady vs. Lopunny Kicks: both of these players are really good sports
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Thiago Nunes: I've known heysup for longer
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Bouff: bouff is so sweet and innocent
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA: 3 letter name
Bo3: Adaam vs. yeezyknows: i just want to see yeezy rage at this prediction, he'll probably cancer his team because i predicted against him. I watch yeezy ladder a lot over the past 2-3 years and jeeze he can get mad. but if he can channel that anger he may do well

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (3) vs. (7) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Star vs. ZoroDark: 4-0 with a pretty strong showing so far, not much else to say
SS UU: teal6 vs. Sabella: I'm a huge fan of my man teal6, and even though I heard Sabella's been grinding SS UU so far and has played pretty well, I'm bolding teal for his aggressive play in what should be a close, hype match
SS UU: Feliburn vs. Wanka: Neither have hit their stride yet, but I'm bolding Wanka since he's faced stiff competition in ODR, roamer, and lax, while Feli has only played one game so far
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Eternally: Eternally is the better player both in SM as shown by his strong showing near the end of the gen and overall, so I expect him to take this one comfortably
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak: This could really go either way depending on what each load up, but I'm going to assume Pak is gonna go bananas in a do-or-die week for his team
BW UU: MrAldo vs. choolio: MrAldo hasn't played yet and choolio is 3-1 so I expect him to take this one
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. brewfasa: Always been a fan of fatty's DPP and I haven't seen atomicllamas play this tier yet
ADV UU: gorgie vs. BKC: BKC is the better player and I expect him to bounce back to his winning ways after his first loss last week
GSC UU: The Kyle vs. alive: No idea how alive is winless but if there's a week he's going to bounce back, it's this one
Bo3: robjr vs. HT: Fan of both players but I think rob is better overall and takes SS + SM

SS UU: Saria vs. ggggd: I like how Hikari has been playing so far despite some unfortunate matchups, but pablo is obviously no slouch and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this one
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Luthier: Gotta bold the man who gave me my only loss with those cursed Escavalier EVs...
SS UU: col49 vs. lax: lax is the better current player and has been playing really well so far
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo: Christo is one of the best SM UU players I've seen, and although Empo is very talented too, Christo has more experience with the tier and is 4-0
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Eternal Spirit: Gama has convinced me more so far but I think this one could go either way
BW UU: r0ady vs. Lopunny Kicks: Close game but I think Punny has more capacity to outplay
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Thiago Nunes: Heysup is the better player and knows the tier more, strong edge
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Bouff: My gut says Bouff, but Sam I Yam has somehow forced his opponents to choke a couple times and has the better record; wouldn't be surprised to see Bouff come out strong & bounce back
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA: HSA has been going off and I don't expect him to slow down here, strong edge
Bo3: Adaam vs. yeezyknows: One follows me on instagram while the other doesn't, so obviously Adaam will take this. Excited to see what each player comes up with team-wise, but I personally think Adaam is the better player and has only lost to the greek GOD CBU, while yeezy has struggled in his series so far. Hoping for a close one

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (4) vs. (6) Iki Town Idols

SS UU: Twilight vs. Lilburr: I've only seen Twilight play a few times while Lily has put on a respectable showing so far and is the better player
SS UU: vivalospride vs. Freeroamer: Big fan of Cheeseroamer and he's looked very convincing in his 4-0 so far. I like Russell Westbrook too, but it's hard to predict against the undefeated one. Really looking forward to this one, give us a good one bros
SS UU: Odd Della Robbia vs. Moutemoute: ODR is 4-0 with a strong showing while Moute hasn't convinced me in his 2 games so far, solid edge
SM UU: Bebo vs. Cynara: Bebo has more experience with SM UU and can be tough to beat if he's on his groove
ORAS UU: TSR vs. bugzinator: I think this one could go either way, but I'm going to favor bugzi to come back hungry after not playing last week and outplay in a hopefully close match
BW UU: SOMALIA vs. SPACE FORCE meeps: Unsure about this one, but meeps has looked more consistent to me so I'll give him the slight edge here
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Chill Shadow: Gotta bold Donny P just because he's my dad and taught me everything I know about DPP UU, but CS is very talented and I wouldn't be surprised to see him steal a close game in the final turns
ADV UU: rozes vs. Shiba: Shiba's more proven result-wise in this tier and I expect him to come out hot after last week's SM shortcoming
GSC UU: Sinkyr vs. kaori: kaori has struggled so far, but the Idols have a very good all around GSC while Sinkyr hasn't really impressed me, solid edge
Bo3: Sacri' vs. Sage: Sacri has looked really strong in Bo3 so far and personally I'm higher on his ceiling than Sage's, but I'm also a fan of Sage and hope she comes out hot after her mediocre showing last week. Really excited for this one and I wouldn't be surprised if Sage takes it with her creative builds

Personal highlights from each series for me:
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo
DPP UU: Donphantastic vs. Chill Shadow

Time to turn up even more Vets, let's hope for a good one Monsters

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Spr_RS_Battle_Girl.png
vssmall.png
Pokémon_Ranger(M)DPsprite.png

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (4) vs. (6) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: Star vs. ZoroDark: Two undefeated tour players squaring off here but I think I just favour Star in terms of playing ability and I have a hunch he might be a bit more involved in the making of his team as well as having a greater knowledge of the tier than Zoro does.
SS UU: teal6 vs. Sabella: On the face of it Sab seems to have more of an interest in the tier as well as not being afraid to use stuff others might otherwise shy away from which makes him tough to prep for and read in game. Teal is obviously very capable though which is why this is only a small edge.
SS UU: Feliburn vs. Wanka: Really tight one as both of these guys seemed to be playing the tier a fair amount prior to UUPL starting and I'd probably put them on a fairly even level in terms of ability, Wanka is definitely better than his current record shows and he might just be that touch more motivated for this which gives him the smallest edge.
SM UU: Jaajgko vs. Eternally: Hard one to call honestly, both have had less than ideal tours so far. I'll call what might be a little bit of an upset here purely based on jaaj moving back to SM where he might be a little bit more comfortable than he was in SS.
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Pak: The immediate temptation here is obviously to bold kt in order to piss him off and supposedly give him bad luck for his game. Once I get past that and look at this properly KT has been up and down with last week being a low point, while Pak looked solid last week after a surprisingly shaky start which makes this tough to call. I'll make the predict I would've made prior to UUPL but with less conviction.
BW UU: MrAldo vs. choolio: On paper it's hard to not see this as the most lopsided matchup in this series, choolio knows this tier inside out and is probably more competent as a player in general, the right Evi team could definitely throw a spanner in the works here but I'd still back choolio to pull through.
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. brewfasa: llamas looked ok last week in a game that was pretty unfair to him but it's pretty difficult to go against fatty's pedigree in this tier, even if his tour hasn't been his best.
ADV UU: gorgie vs. BKC: This probably has the potential to be the most entertaining game in the series, fully expecting gorgie to bring at least one out-there mon or set and kyle's support should really help him do that. I still favour BKC's general consistency as a player to handle it, but definitely a game I want to watch.
GSC UU: The Kyle vs. alive: alive obviously had a great tour last year but he's struggled hard this year and I think if the battle girls made this change then Kyle surely feels almost as confident here as he does in ADV, so I guess I'll go with the "hot hand".
Bo3: robjr vs. HT: I think rob has a decent advantage in SM, while I'd probably call the other two gens even or close enough so just off that I'll say rob wins SM and one of the other two.

veteran.png
vssmall.png
monster class.gif

Eterna Forest Veterans (6) vs. (4) Mikan Island Monsters

SS UU: PinkDragonTamer vs. Ajna - I'm a fan of pdt and hope he has a good tour but it's hard to bold here when Ajna is 4-0 and has a lot more experience in tours. I think the Vets SS can provide the better support though so there's a good chance the teams brought here could swing this the other way.
SS UU: Indigo Plateau vs. Kushalos - IP has brought cool stuff for particular opponents and been playing well for the most part while Kush has had a tough tour so far, albeit picking up his first win last week but I have to favour IP here.
SS UU: Accelgor vs. TDK - Heat game, TDK has more of a history in tours but has really struggled of late while Accel seems determined to establish himself as one of the top dogs early in this gen and is doing a fine job of that so far. I will favour the man in form currently.
SM UU: esche vs. suapah - esche always seems to have the confidence to bring something slightly quirky whatever the tier and that could be a bit of a nightmare for suapah if he hasn't played a ton of this tier, even though I think his recent SPL suggests his playing ability might be higher than that of esche's.
ORAS UU: dingbat vs. Garay oak - You never really know what you're going to get with the bat, sometimes it's genius and sometimes it's unfathomable, while Garay represents consistency a bit more but has struggled in the last couple of weeks. I'll go with Garay purely on the basis that I feel like I can count on him bringing something solid more than I can dingbat.
BW UU: Amukamara vs. FLCL - As anyone who frequents the UU cord will know, Amukamara has been pretty unlucky this year which makes his current record less representative of how he's actually been playing. That said, FLCL is a better player and knows what he's doing in this tier so I'll favour him here.
DPP UU: Stone_Cold vs. Eo Ut Mortus - Despite his pledge to only use fun teams, I think Eo is a better player and should edge this one.
ADV UU: Raichy vs. ict - Raichy has had the better tour so far but ict is always dangerous and picked up a convincing win against BKC last week. I'll bold Raichy here but this can easily go either way.
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. d0nut - Pretty tough to call considering I don't know a lot about GSC and these two have identical records so far. I'll go with 378 purely on the basis that his loss was to HSA who's been the clear best GSCer so far.
Bo3: CBU vs. TonyFlygon - I think CBU has a decent edge in SM, while I'd perhaps give Tony a small edge in ORAS and SS is probably dead even so working off that I think CBU will take SM and one of the other two.

lady-gen3.png
vssmall.png
harlequin.png

Camphrier Town Ladies (5) vs. (5) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: Saria vs. ggggd: I enjoyed Hikari's game last week even tho he lost, he did well to drag out such a tough matchup and give himself the smallest chance of pulling it off. Hoping he gets a matchup that allows him more of a chance in the game cos this should be a good one as Pablo is obviously a competent player aswell.
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. Luthier: One of those matchups where GXE definitely has the advantage in tier knowledge but Luthier is probably a more consistent player. Gonna go for GXE to bring something cool and take this one.
SS UU: col49 vs. lax: Lax is one of the best around and is being supported with some nice teams from yeezy so he's got a clear edge here, looking forward to seeing col's take on this metagame and what he cooks up though!
SM UU: Christo vs. Empo: I think I'd bold Christo in a SM UU game against pretty much anyone on the site, and this is no exception. Interesting matchup though because Empo is obviously a great player aswell, and is perfectly capable of using something unconventional that could catch Christo off guard. An SM game I actually want to watch, who knew...
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Eternal Spirit: Santu seems to be winning games for fun these days whatever tier it's in, while ES has bounced back really strongly from week one to put a great run together. Gonna go for ES here cos his last two weeks were especially strong performances.
BW UU: r0ady vs. Lopunny Kicks: Even records but I'll just edge Lop Kicks here due to having more tour experience.
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Thiago Nunes: Thiago has definitely shown himself as a competent DPPer which is a big credit to him in a pool that looked so stacked at the start, but it's tough to go against Heysup when he's been so good at this tier for so long and they have the same record so far.
ADV UU: H.M.N.I.P vs. Bouff: Pity we don't get to see Sam play but now Pietro has been subbed in it's hard not to favour Bouff with his greater experience in the tier, idk if Pietro has ever played this before so tough to say a lot more but I hope he does well and makes this a good one.
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. HSA: 5k HSA what a steal... Been the best GSCer so far while Zokuru has been struggling in the last couple of weeks, clear edge.
Bo3: Adaam vs. yeezyknows: Fire series, I think Adaam has a small edge as a player generally, but yeezy can definitely take 2 games aswell. I don't think there's a big edge in any of the tiers so hopefully we get a full 3 games to watch.

Playing Viv sometime Saturday, looking forward to it, lets grab this one idols!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)