Tournament UUPL IX Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 5:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls (2) vs. Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers (8)

SS UU: 100%GXE vs. odr
SS UU: Mindnight vs. Meru
SS UU: avarice vs. Draphirion
SM UU: Gondra vs. shiloh
ORAS UU: r0ady vs. Killintime
BW UU: Finchinator vs. Alkione
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Donphantastic
ADV UU: Raichy vs. TSR
GSC UU: Estarossa vs. Leru
Bo3: Alpha Rabbit vs. Sacri'

Heaheabeach Surfers (5) vs. Safari Zone Smashers (4)

SS UU: Highways vs. LNumbers
SS UU: Luthier vs. Cynde
SS UU: Askov vs. KSt3ve
SM UU: Corazan vs. HT
ORAS UU: Eternal Spirit vs. Chaitanya
BW UU: Hyogafodex vs. watashi
DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs. Tomahawk
ADV UU: Plas vs. Shiba
GSC UU: LpZ vs. HSA
Bo3: mncmt vs. robjr

Mikan Island Monsters (9) vs. Camphrier Town Ladies (0)

SS UU: tko vs. Splash
SS UU: col49 vs. tlenit
SS UU: Star vs. Ramolost
SM UU: Bushtush vs. Pak
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. devin
BW UU: Punny vs. choolio
DPP UU: TonyFlygon vs. brewfasa
ADV UU: Ark vs. Christo
GSC UU: d0nut vs. Zokuru
Bo3: TDK vs. Adaam

Eterna Forest Veterans (8) vs. Iki Town Idols (2)

SS UU: Notily vs. Nat
SS UU: basaninho vs. umbry
SS UU: Cam vs. Lilburr
SM UU: Xiri vs. PinkDragonTamer
ORAS UU: Kink vs. J0RIS
BW UU: Amukamara vs. SoulWind
DPP UU: esche vs. Chill Shadow
ADV UU: JabbaTheGriffin vs. Bouff
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs. kaori
Bo3: CBU vs. bugzinator

deadline is Sunday April 4th at 10 pm Eastern

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
cool gen predix :blobwizard:

DPP UU: Heysup vs. Donphantastic

Donny has been on a tear this tour and I don't see him stopping any time soon. Though if anyone can slay the Donfather, it's probably Heysup. I expect two cool, honest builds here that try to outsmart each other and hope for a clean game that will leave both parties and the spectators satisfied.

ADV UU: Raichy vs. TSR

Both of these players, bless their hearts, come off a loss. Raichy got lead pigged and consequently folded to Walrein, while TSR had a bit of a rough showing in his game versus Shiba last week. I believe TSR isn't quite as motivated anymore which is a shame but I'm sure he'll try and bounce back for the friends. This is a close call still, but I cannot in good faith predict against a man who has the confidence to bring Stantler - regardless of whether that's a good or a bad idea.

DPP UU: Thiago Nunes vs. Tomahawk

Two handsome individuals facing off. Thiago has been doing nothing short of great so far this tour, wielding Donny's offensively-minded teams to great success and I don't see him switching that up really. Toma, on the other hand, switched it up from his usual more balanced approach to the tier last week and was promptly punished for it. In a way, Toma gets another shot at building for Donny this week so I'd love for him to redeem himself. Thiago boasts one more win than Toma on his record but I do appreciate seeing new teams every week so just to encourage that I will go with Toma here.

ADV UU: Plas vs. Shiba

To the surprise of absolutely everyone Shiba is doing great this tour. Jokes aside, his games have been entertaining to watch and he's been playing well. His opponent, Plas, is back on his feet, settling his record after two rough first weeks. He rolled up with triple Water last week, which I can absolutely respect and he's shown before that he's more than capable holding his own when squaring off against the best in the tier. Ultimately though, I favour Shiba here because even when this man uses balance you can never rule out the looming threat of a Linoone in the back which definitely influences how you have to play the game. This I think might give him the edge both in the builder and in the game here regardless of whether we end up seeing another Linoone or not.

DPP UU: TonyFlygon vs. brewfasa

Fatty managed to grab his first win this season, which was good to see, whereas Tony doesn't seem to have found his foot in DPP quite yet. To be fair, Tony has been occupied with SPL a lot so I don't know how invested he is in the tier right now. While I won't underrestimate the energy an SPL victory could bring with it, I still think fatty is favoured overall here, because as we all know he's one of the best in this tier.

ADV UU: Ark vs. Christo

This one is a toughie. I know Ark has some cool stuff up his sleeve and he's been doing pretty well this tour. However, Christo is obviously no slouch regardless of which tier you face this man in and he did beat Bouff last week, despite some luck going his way. Hopefully, we see some more of Ark's innovative team building approach pay off for him in a game where he isn't on the receiving end of a Silver Wind boost.

gl hf idols

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
feed the streets

ignore my dimensions pls :) LOL, thank you Thisbemyalt Pak TSR Accelgor Donphantastic r0ady Killintime, fuck Wanka

streets fed

yes it's an hour 1/2 long get over yourselves and listen to our voices while you're driving or at work or something you pieces of shit
i skipped around for a whole 45 seconds to find out that my opponent is bolded?? what the fuck is this!!! i knew vivalospride was in the video but didn’t know he was gonna infect everyone and put on a clown show... Donphantastic Accelgor you guys kinda cute tho

Ramolost i thought about saying something in solidarity with you but you suck so i hope your opponent wins

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i skipped around for a whole 45 seconds to find out that my opponent is bolded?? what the fuck is this!!! i knew vivalospride was in the video but didn’t know he was gonna infect everyone and put on a clown show... Donphantastic Accelgor you guys kinda cute tho

Ramolost i thought about saying something in solidarity with you but you suck so i hope your opponent wins
1617135755142.png

thisbemyalt tagged me and told me to watch the last minute. it appears that i have been manipulated by the youtuber vivalospride after all and i wont give any credits to his future videos

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
First of all, for the record, I showed Viv how to crop his OBS and I guess I didn't do a good enough job. I will accept full responsibility for people using his video as a podcast.

Secondly Drew's highlights:

DPP UU: Heysup vs. Donphantastic No explanation needed on this one. I don't even know the tier but tag me in this one. Donny P invented sexiness and Heysup is goated. Next,

SS UU: Highways vs. LNumbers Life is a highway, and I hope highways dubs because the goat deserves some wins. That being said it is LNumbers birthday today so he deserves all the love and support. I hope it's a good game! Next,

SM UU: Corazan vs. HT I just like these UU players. They both have great past performances, I've enjoyed watching their games. Next,

ADV UU: Ark vs. Christo Ark, ich liebe dich. Du bist ein sehr guter Spieler und eine schöne Person. I didn't know Christo played ADV but he's been nasty in every other tier so I have no doubts he is in old gens as well. Next,

Bo3: TDK vs. Adaam Two of the best UU players in general and both nice people. I hope TDK doesn't stall so I can see a game that isn't 100 turns. I expect big things from this series.

Eterna Forest Veterans vs. Iki Town Idols Every game here is a highlight as far as I'm concerned. Some of the coolest people in existence. basaninho, Expulso, Kink, CBU, PinkDragonTamer, Amukamara, you're all dope people and emanate such intense levels of swag its unhealthy to be around. I hope you guys win but if you lose, at least have a fun hax free game!

Have a great week everyone! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)