Tournament UU Snake Draft I - Finals [Won by TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name aka the KSt3ves]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

this wonderful banner was drawn by lydian, thank you so much!

Announcements
Schedule
Spreadsheet
Scheduling Sheet (thanks Eyan!)

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Assist and Copycat are banned in BW UU.
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU.
- All standard tournament rules apply.

:ss/bouffalant:

Los Cherno Bouffalants (2) vs (5) TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name aka the KSt3ves
SS: Askov vs umbry
SS: Lyss vs KSt3ve
SS: Nat vs Ajna
SM: robjr vs suapah
ORAS: Garay oak vs obii
BW: Punny vs SoulWind
DPP: Tomahawk vs Eternal Spirit
ADV: BKC vs Star

The deadline for finals will be Sunday, January 31st @ 11:59PM EST

Best of luck to both teams!​

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Los Cherno Bouffalants (win) vs (lose) TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name aka the KSt3ves
SS: Askov vs umbry - Askov is one of my favorite brazilians and im a big fan of him and his pocket monsters prowess, although I am a major umbry simp because she's so nice and 2021 vivalospride is desperate for female validation so gonna have to bold umbry.
SS: Lyss vs KSt3ve - Gonna have to bold this steve guy bc there seems to be a lot of mythology around his name, not that ik why.
SS: Nat vs Ajna - I like ajna and nat, might have to bold nat for similar reasons as askov vs umbry. I feel like Ajna has had more success on this site in recent memory but I'd only really take that into account if I gave a shit about getting these predicts right, excited to see which Kyurem team Nat uses this week of SS UU.
SM: robjr vs suapah - robert likes blissey, carson likes blissey, what could go wrong here? I'm sure this will be an extremely exciting game of pocket monsters to watch and I'm giving robert the edge because he's fuckin robert
ORAS: Garay oak vs obii - I actually generally enjoy both of these users with the limited experience I have with them but unfortunately I think one of them is a lot higher up on the ORAS UU totem pole so I will have to bold him, I'm also very upset with obii for beating pearl and making us go to tbs >:(
BW: Punny vs SoulWind - soulwind is p good but ik bouff has a boner for punny in BW UU and I kinda have a crush on bouff and want him to be happy, I also miss watching his ig stories of what song he's listening to on a daily basis.
DPP: Tomahawk vs Eternal Spirit - Tomahawk has a doom avi so in the name of the villain he will shit all over ES and everything he stands for, pls avenge TSR even if you don't care about that :(
ADV: BKC vs Star - As I've been over before, Thisbemyalt is literally the only human capable of vanquishing BKC in ADV UU, we didn't get to see it this tour unfortunately because God isn't real and if he is he certainly doesn't care about us, but at least we all have each other to get through this Noah "Thisbemyalt" drought. Hang in there kids, dw, I will get him in uupl and you will get to see the man at work once again.

fuck carson!!!

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
SM: robjr vs suapah

Rob has been on one of his patented kill streaks that pop up from time to time and his passion for the tier has been put on display yet again. He's undoubtedly been one of SM players to beat since about half way through the tier's run, and unlike most of the playerbase, he still likes it apparently. I have a lot of respect for my man sooper on the other side, and he does seem to be generally comfortable with tdk's arsenal of teams, piloting them to solid success over the last couple tours. With that said, I'm not entirely sure how dedicated tdk has been on the support front, especially with all the other stuff hes had going on lately. For the spectators sake, I kinda hope he stays out if you catch my drift. In all seriousness, there should be some solid teams on both sides with some high level gameplay, but it's hard not to favor rob with his recent success and and far superior experience in the tier. I hope to catch this one live as long as the Blissey count remains below one.

ORAS: Garay oak vs obii

Both have had very weird tours. As far as I know, Garay's been pretty busy throughout, so that in combination with their weeks being over when he plays or not mattering at all has made his record a bit misleading, featuring a lot of team recycles and even memes. Anyone who's followed this tier in any capacity over the last couple years knows how capable he is. The question here really comes back to how seriously he'll take it. For the reasons above, the effort behind garay's team picks has been super erratic. Obii on the other hand has pulled a better record, with some activity/mono flying stuff in there too notably, but I'm not as sold on it in comparison to garay's historically better track record. To be frank, the tdks have used a lot of pretty questionable stuff, whether it's outdated or just weird. I mean it's worked in some capacity, so hard to fault it, but I really have no idea what to expect from their side for this one. For that reason, it's hard to definitively call this one because I would assume garay might run into similar difficulties in this dog ass tier, and along with that, obii's been coming off some recent success in the most recent snake and jazz too. Still, I have to favor garay, mainly because of the track record and the much higher level of consistency found in his teams from what I've seen of the two.

Last edited:
i enjoyed this tournament a lot. thank you august and Eternal Spirit for picking me up. thanks to ksteve for carrying us the entire way through and playing amazingly well in playoffs. you rock bro

shoutouts TDK for being a great chat presence and helping out despite not being on the team. you were vital to our win, hope u get drafted next year bro.

ggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)