Tournament UU Snake Draft I - Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
This thread will be used for announcements and administrative decisions for the first edition of the UU Snake Draft, including schedules, activity calls and so on. Please be aware of all messages posted in this thread.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Re: Manager Signups

By popular demand, signups for managers will have their closing date changed to Friday, November 13th, and they will be chosen on that day alongside the release of a draft order. This is being done to give managers more time to plan their drafts. The date for player drafting is still scheduled for Sunday, November 22nd, though this is subject to change in order to accommodate all manager schedules.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Managers

The managers for this edition of the UU Snake Draft will be the following users, as can be seen here:

CBU
martha
hs
Bouff
Bebo
TDK
Indigo Plateau
Ramolost

The draft order will be as follows:

martha, Ramolost, TDK, CBU, Indigo Plateau, Bouff, Bebo, hs
The picking for this was done in a group chat on PS! and proof can be found in this imgur album.

Expect a follow-up announcement soon regarding the tiers and number of slots soon, once I get opinions from all of the managers.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Player Draft

The player draft will be held on Sunday, November 22nd at 3PM EST/GMT -5. Player signups will also be closing at 11:59PM EST/GMT-5 tomorrow (Saturday, November 21st). Cross-posting this on both this thread and the signups thread for clarity.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
The draft has now concluded! Here are the results. Thanks to all the managers and people who showed up to watch, I hope you all enjoy the tournament!

Schedule will be posted shortly. In the meantime, if any managers are considering trades, please let me know before Week 1 goes up (which will be later tonight, probably).

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
UUSD I Schedule

Week 1

Dreamyard Diancies vs Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Brave Mew World vs Los Cherno Bouffalants
The TDKs vs Bebo Brand Barboaches
Union Cave Dunsparce vs Lake of Outrage Sandacondas

Week 2
Dreamyard Diancies vs Brave Mew World
The TDKs vs Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Union Cave Dunsparce vs Los Cherno Bouffalants
Lake of Outrage Sandacondas vs Bebo Brand Barboaches

Week 3
Dreamyard Diancies vs The TDKs
Union Cave Dunsparce vs Brave Mew World
Lake of Outrage Sandacondas vs Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Bebo Brand Barboaches vs Los Cherno Bouffalants

Week 4
Dreamyard Diancies vs Union Cave Dunsparce
Lake of Outrage Sandacondas vs The TDKs
Bebo Brand Barboaches vs Brave Mew World
Los Cherno Bouffalants vs Dragon's Den Dragonairs

Week 5
Dreamyard Diancies vs Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
Bebo Brand Barboaches vs Union Cave Dunsparce
Dragon's Den Dragonairs vs Brave Mew World
Los Cherno Bouffalants vs The TDKs

Week 6
Dreamyard Diancies vs Bebo Brand Barboaches
Los Cherno Bouffalants vs Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
Dragon's Den Dragonairs vs Union Cave Dunsparce
Brave Mew World vs The TDKs

Week 7
Dreamyard Diancies vs Los Cherno Bouffalants
Dragon's Den Dragonairs vs Bebo Brand Barboaches
Brave Mew World vs Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
The TDKs vs Union Cave Dunsparce

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Trades

Due to personal scheduling constraints, I didn't really give teams enough of a chance to make potential trades. To make up for this, I'll be extending the trade period to the end of Week 1. Trades can be made until Week 2 is posted and will be active Week 2. However, if a team member plays a game this week, they are not allowed to be traded anymore.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: lax

User lax informed their manager, ramolost, that they were very busy and would no longer be able to play any games for the duration of the tournament. Given the trade period was still open when ramolost brought this to my attention, it was decided that it would be easiest and most fair if Brave Mew World was allowed to remove lax from their roster and choose a new player. They have chosen to take Camarade Papadov as their new player that will be able to play from Week 2 onwards, and as this is lax's first offense and it is not considered major, their punishment will be a ban from participating in the next edition of UU Snake Draft.

Tagging managers to ensure they are aware of this.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Blaziken

Blaziken has been banned from SS UU, and following internal discussion with managers, it will be banned in Week 6 of UUSD too. It may not be used in SS games.

Re: Accelgor vs Sabella

Accelgor and Sabella were scheduled to play their Week 5 SS game on Sunday, December 27th. Following discussion with both of their managers and both players, they have agreed to rule it as a dead game, so it will be treated as such. The Lake of Outrage Sandacondas win 4-3 over the Dreamyard Diancies as a result.

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Brave Mew World

Recently a lot of Brave Mew World's players have quit Smogon (or have been... forcibly ejected), so they're going to get one replacement player for their permabanned user, which I was fairly liberal on because it's the last week of the tournament and the manager of their Week 7 opponents, hs, was okay with whatever Ramolost wanted to do, and there was no opposition among the rest of the managers.

Ramolost will be allowed to play for the last week of the tournament, replacing xJoelituh. This is quite the exceptional circumstance since managers needed to draft themselves Round 1 in the auction and he chose not to, so this will be treated as exception and not the rule going forward, but because Ramolost's team currently barely has enough players to field a roster, I've decided to let it slide for this week since they can't make playoffs anyway. This still barely gives them a roster but it at least means that the regular season of the tournament can ideally be completed without many activity calls.

Edit: As a side note, Star will receive the activity win over xJoelituh this week since, well, he got banned, and the Mews can't get a sub (Ramolost will not be allowed to play until Week 7)

Last edited:

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Re: Week 7

As expected, a few games were left unplayed during Week 7. The following games were ruled as dead:

EternalSnowman vs Askov
r0ady vs Amukamara
Ajna vs Meri Berry

Re: Player Substitutions

As part of... some kind of bet, Bouff played against Thisbemyalt during Week 7. This decision was approved by myself, Thisbemyalt, and both Bouff and Indigo Plateau, so it was deemed okay despite Bouff not having drafted himself. It should be noted that this did not affect seeding whatsoever; had it impacted playoff contention whatsoever, this decision would never have been approved.

In addition, as can be seen here, there were some scheduling issues in semifinals. Askov and Nat had their slots switched this week after the week went up to remedy this. This decision was approved by myself, all four players, and both involved captains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)