SV OU UU Drip Squad AV Sandy Shocks + Regenerator Core (Peak #5 2007 ELO)

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
images_15.jpg

Hello everybody! This time I will be bringing a team that went through several changes until reaching a satisfactory result, the initial idea was to build with :Sandy Shocks: and :Zamazenta: , but I discovered that unfortunately: Zamazenta: is a Pokémon that depends a lot on MU, although Sandy Shocks can handle as well as big threats like :Dragapult: :Slowking-Galar: :Gholdengo: :Zapdos: he has to spend his tera ice for this, making him vulnerable to stealth rock and I believe that all this effort ends up being unnecessary.
From this and many games played, the team was built little by little and I collected information to put together a team with good synergies and with Pokémon not so used in the tier.

Team Introduction

I ended up creating a really cool and functional team with 4 Pokémon below OU and I went up from around 1650 to 1922 very quickly when I had collected all my necessary information to build this team.

In short, the team has a very interesting regenerator core, namely :Tornadus-Therian: and :Amoonguss: , the :Amoonguss: was possibly the ace up its sleeve to close the team as it has a very good property in addition to an excellent moveset, and can be considered a exceptional anti sweeper, especially against :Ogerpon-Wellspring: an extremely dangerous Pokémon, being able to either hit with foul play after an SD or reset its buffs with Clear Smog if the situation is even more critical due to trailblaze, in addition to being a Poison/Grass that takes neutral Ground damage since Garchomp invites Enamorus in a lot. Making it possible to mix between :Tornadus-Therian: and :Amoonguss: to mitigate the damage of :Enamorus: and make life easier for :Garchomp:

Garchomp was chosen especially because of its ability + rocky helmet which is an item that I really enjoy using and abusing because fixed damage is always very welcome, a great example is against a very common threat which is :Kingambit: the damage from Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin on him ends up being very valuable, and because he generally has :Kingambit: he ends up being forced to give Sucker Punch most of the time, giving you the option of risking stacking even more Hazards or offering your Chomp in exchange for weakening a lot of him. in more absurd situations against : Great-Tusk: for example, despite his Ice Spinner, he needs 2x to kill, taking considerable damage in the process and leaving him useless most of the time, so basically he has to decide whether he is going to lose a lot life to kill :Garchomp: or take out the Hazards so that both of them are very weakened in the end.

In short because of its ability + Rocky Helmet and because it's been noticed much less :Enamorus: lately Garchomp has shown itself to be a very good Pokémon as it has the ability to passively weaken physical Pokémon very easily and is also very good at stacking hazards on the field

:Tornadus-Therian: , in turn, there's not much to say, it simply fulfills its function, and goes far beyond making a core regenerator with :Amoonguss: it's a good way of speed control, it's a good pivot and has considerable damage to deal with Pokémon slower than him if this is necessary during the game, he is generally used by me to knock off at the beginning of the game and clean up weakened Pokémon in the middle/end of the game, so much so that this explains his tera flying which can be used as an emergency button to further amplify damage.
Thanks to his partnership with Amoonguss, a great threat in the meta :Iron-Valiant: ends up being neutralized most of the time as he tends to not be able to deal with them efficiently as psyshock + calm mind tends to be somewhat unusual.

To close Sandy Shocks, my inspiration to start.
It is an extremely strong Pokémon that, with its AoA set, can threaten the majority of the meta thanks to Tera Ice. and if desired, it also has Volt-Switch, something that is very welcome as this allows the team to have a Volt-Turn core as well, which greatly benefits Regenerator in general.
As I said at the beginning, it can threaten very common Pokémon in the meta such as :Gholdengo: :Zapdos: :Slowking-Galar: and because it is AV :Dragapult:
The choice of your item is due to the fact that I think AV is better than Booster Energy in general, at least in this team, as this team is not super aggressive in general, for me it doesn't make sense to activate the item, stealth rock or toast You'll have to try to kill something and have a weak Pokémon when it leaves the field. Without the help of AV Sandy Shocks is somewhat vulnerable to special moves, and can never be used as a switch in more emergent situations.
Furthermore, thanks to AV you have the security of using him as a lead as well as Booster Energy since he will hardly be knocked out by OHKO and can surprise possible SPECS :Dragapult: :Enamorus: and others :Sandy Shocks: and have a much greater durability over the course of game

Well, throughout this RMT I will be explaining each Pokémon in more detail on how to use it and possible synergies with the rest of the team, as well as making a final consideration when I finish the development of my RMT talking about the strengths and weaknesses that I ended up noticing when carrying out several games over time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Development

989.png

Sandy Shocks.png

The initial idea was to be a core of :Zamazenta: + :Sandy Shocks: but because I judged Zamazenta to be extremely dependent on Match Up and because Sandy Shocks ended up needing tera and being vulnerable to stealth rock, I realized that maybe this synergy wouldn't be so good after all, Because of this I abandoned the idea of using :Zamazenta: but I kept the idea of using :Sandy Shocks: as I noticed a great potential in it.

Its biggest difference in usage chosen by me was in relation to the item AV>Booster Energy.
AV can make you much more durable in the match, and makes you enter the field more often safely, as the team has passive means of healing itself thanks to the regenerator core, in addition to good pivots, an extra bulky ending up being very welcome as the team continues to have good pressure in addition to being difficult to take down.
In short, when :Sandy Shocks: is not taking care of the specific threats mentioned above, he is offering his damage to weaken and tank relatively well the rest of the team in the future.
You can choose to either play aggressively with him opening up right from the start and spending his tera ice to surprise the opponent or playing more safe and waiting for the right moment to offer damage with his excellent moveset.

So :Sandy Shocks: needs to be used wisely, because at the same time as it becomes very strong with tera ice it becomes much more vulnerable, so it is necessary to know how to weaken potential threats such as :Great Tusk: surprising with tera or :Zapdos: which is one of the biggest threats to this team since it doesn't have super efficient and safe ways to deal with this mon.
As the team does not have Defog or Rapid Spin it is very important to keep in mind the MUs you are against :Ting-Lu: or where the opponent has some other form of Hazard Stack such as :Glimmora: or :Samurott-Hisui: on this occasion it is more recommended to know the exact time to give Court Change with :Cinderace: than trying to press with Hazard from your Garchomp, as you, in addition to a regenerator core, have 3 HDB users to provide support in this type of situation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

445.png

Fat Chomp.png

Garchomp, is one of the Pokémon that I have noticed the most potential and I want to test different colors with it, as its possible biggest threat: Enamorus: appears less frequently.

As I consider Rocky Helmet to be a very good item, the synergy with its ability could not be any different, it is very satisfying to have 29% FIXED damage passively and still place hazards in the Field
Pokémon that are on the rise like :Dragonite: (when it doesn't have Ice Spinner) for example are great examples of how good :Garchomp: can be, as it is kicked off the field thanks to Dragon Tail breaking its Multiscale and preventing a possible Sweep . of Extremespeed, punishing him severely, in addition to being able to mention other very common physical threats such as :Kingambit: as this will normally take a lot of damage in the process and allow him to stack even more hazards for fear of possible EQ, giving Sucker Punch as a form of prevention and :Samurott-Hisui: who will get hurt a lot in the process of putting Spikes on the field thanks to the incredible bulk of :Garchomp:
Even in extreme examples like Ice Spinner from :Great-Tusk: he will end up hurting himself a lot in the process if he wants to kill :Garchomp: as they are naturally 2HKO and if he wants to use Rapid Spinn to take away the Hazards from :Garchomp: they will be +29% fixed damage dealt passively to him.

In addition, great notable mentions go to punishing possible U-turns during the game and dealing exceptionally against :Ceruledge: since this one will not be healed at all with Bitter Blade and will still be expelled or killed by :Garchomp:

the real concern of :Garchomp: disregarding special attackers can be attributed to :Ting-Lu: since :Garchomp: can at most expel him from the field and it will never be advantageous to exchange Hazards against him, as he will always beat you in 1vs1 and generally teams with :Ting-lu: there are a lot of HDB users. in addition to, as previously stated, making his :Sandy Shocks: increasingly weakened and useless throughout the match, as he cannot use his tera Ice while his field has SR + Spikes. In this case, know the right time to use your :Cinderace: and know how to intelligently weaken :Ting-lu: starting by giving :Tornadus-Therian: Knock Off is something small at first, but extremely valuable later.

In relation of his tera is tera Steel, not that it will be a frequently used tera because :Sandy Shocks: :Kingambit: or even :Tornadus-therian: end up using it more frequently.
This choice is especially useful against fairies and :Dragapult: if you deem it necessary to surprise him with a Dragon Tail right from the start, weakening him for the rest of the match.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
815.png

Cinder.png

Cinderace, in turn, is a Pokémon that was put on the team especially to help the regenerator core and to have a different form of Hazard Control. before he joined he had tested :Great-Tusk: however the result was not very satisfactory, as the team now has many similar weaknesses due to having 3 grounds at once and in addition it is another Pokémon that tends to offer no threat to :Zapdos: making the MU even more complicated against this mon.

:Cinderace: offers a great form of Speed Control with :Tornadus-Therian: in addition to its priority with sucker punch to punish :Dragapult: leaving only something to be desired in relation to :Greninja: and Scarf/Booster Energy users. However, it is worth mentioning that threats like Booster Energy :Iron Valiant: and Dragon Dance :Dragonite: are stopped by :Amoonguss: which makes this team very safe to deal with all forms of speed control in the meta.

Although it is a little strange to have Court Change + Hazard Stack on the same team, this ended up being necessary, as said several times throughout the RMT due to this, in more specific MU it requires analyzing the game as a whole and avoiding starting by putting your Hazards on the field. , wait for the opponent to take the initiative and gradually weaken him and only then use Court Change.

:Cinderace: as I always say, it's a Pokémon to give mobility to the team, and especially with :Tornadus-Therian: the mobility turned out to be excellent, since both are very fast and have u-turn, making slower Pokémon like Ogerpon-Wellspring is completely nullified by this team, as he will be severely punished with u-turn throughout the game and when he is not being punished for this he will be completely stopped by Amoonguss.

Knowing when to give :Cinderace: u-turn to :Tornadus-Therian: is something that can be crucial during the game, as this is a passive way of activating :Tornadus-Therian:'s regeneratopr, if this is already the case. is weakened during the game
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
641-therian.png

TornT.png

:Tornadus-Therian: is a Pokémon that I particularly wanted to test for a long time, as it offers a lot of usefulness and has considerable damage.

As Knock-Off is a move that you don't always see nowadays, having it on a Pokémon on your team is always something very welcome, especially when you need a Ground Immunity to complement the team,This is combined with his incredible regenerator ability, which will greatly extend his life throughout the match by making him enter the field several times

:Tornadus-Therian: it is not an exceptional Pokémon that will do 6x0 in every game because it is a very dangerous Pokémon, but it will always help you a lot at the beginning and in the middle of the game, and even at the end sometimes if you are willing to use tera flying to amplify its damage thanks to its high speed and sp.atk.

Thanks to its high Speed and moveset it is a very safe Pokémon to start the game by giving Knock Off to take out Leftovers and pivot with U-turn to other Pokémon in addition to having Heat Wave to surprise :Kingambit: in exchange and be a great threat to :Iron-Valiant: if it has already lost Booster Energy, something relatively easy, since :Amoonguss: forces it to leave the field most of the time.

Other factors such as Extremespeed :Dragonite: after Dragon Dance can be stopped by :Amoonguss: which further favors the ease and safety of using :Tornadus-Therian: making it play its role very efficiently throughout the game. time he receives and gives a lot of support to the rest of the team.
591.png

Among.png

:Amoonguss: in turn, it was the most difficult and super advantageous choice, as I said before, the team went through several changes to reach this one.

:Amoonguss: has the main function of acting as an Anti-Sweeper: and promoting a regenerating core. since for example, against :Dragonite: a Pokémon that is becoming increasingly stronger and more popular Pokémon such as :Tornadus-Therian: :Cinderace: and :Sandy Shocks: are severely punished and killed by it after 1 DD, in addition to of course: Ogerpon-Wellspring: which after 1SD + Tera + TrailBlaze has the potential to single-handedly sweep entire teams. even more so when Ivy Cudgel doesn't make contact in :Garchomp:

In general :Amoonguss: complements the regenrator core with :Tornadus-Therian: acts as an anti-sweeper and can also be used against :Enamorus: since :Garchomp: invites him a lot to enter the field as he is the only poison type of the meta that doesn't suffer for Ground.

possibly the biggest threat to :Amoonguss: is :Kingambit: since he fails in what he is supposed to do, since he cannot stop him under any circumstances. Clear Smog doesn't work, Foul Play doesn't do that much damage even after 1 SD. The most you can do is spore it and hope it spends several shifts sleeping, or keep your :Garchomp: healthy to punish him with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin.

your tera water is to have even more security against :Great-Tusk: and :Dragonite: Ice Spinner and end up killing them or putting them to sleep thanks to Spore, since both after a little buffs can become great threats for the team, In this case, it is always good to be prepared for the worst and have a way to fight back.

983.png

kingambit.png

To close the team, the choice of :Kingambit: is due to the fact that the team does not have any type of ghost resistance and no sweeper so far, something that I think is extremely important to have in any SVOU team.

in relation to your set, especially in this team, I admit that this time I'm missing Low Kick>Iron Head due to the fact that basically the whole team is vulnerable to 1 SD from others :Kingambit: and not always :Garchomp: being healthy to deal with with him. how unfortunately :Amoonguss: fails to slow down :Kingambit: it only serves to make you even more dangerous to the rest of the team, especially in the late game.

The big problem with using low kick and putting a spread with more speed is: what tera am I dealing with? Am I dealing with Tera Flying? with Fairy? Is there any point in making this exchange? Because of this I ended up keeping the traditional set with little speed and Kowtow Cleave/Iron Head.
If anyone is interested in this team and decides to test or recommend another moveset, here's my tip, this spread and moveset that I chose to put in :Kingambit: is not by far the final, in fact it is still unknown. because this way you end up having a very strong :Kingambit: in general but losing to others :Kingambit: which is not a very good thing for this team.
Team Conclusion
This is a very interesting team to use with good durability, as it has 2 regenerator users and several tank Pokémon.

the big threat is against MU vs :Zapdos: who find it easy to play against this team, meaning that you must play very well with your :Sandy Shocks: and know the right time to spend the tera in addition to :Kingambit: who becomes becomes extremely threatening after giving 1 SD and :Amoonguss: is unable to stop it, making it mandatory to keep your :Garchomp: as healthy as possible to be able to deal with it.

also against MU of Hazard Stack = HDB Spam where it becomes extremely important to know the right time to use :Cinderace: for Court Change

The team, as previously mentioned, was made to play with :Sandy Shocks: and :Zamazenta: however I abandoned the idea of using Zama, as I thought he was extremely dependent on MU and Sandy was dependent on using his tera to clean especially :Zapdos: for Zama .

Sandy is a really strong Pokémon and difficult to take down with AV, and can be a surprising factor for the opponent, but when using his tera at the same time as he becomes very strong he becomes cursed with a horrible property, pure ICE, he has the misfortune taking 24% every time he enters the field, he doesn't have good resistance and many weaknesses.
Because of this, I always say how important it is to know how to analyze the game and know the ideal time to use your tera with it if you wish, as the difference will end up being very good in the kill potential.

If you want to play more conservatively with :Sandy Shocks: know that you have a :Tornadus-Therian: and a :Cinderace: with boots as well as an :Amoonguss: use your Pokémon to weaken threats that pose Hazard like :Ting-Lu : If this is the MU you have to face, avoid stacking your own Hazards when the opponent also does this because your :Sandy Shock: will always be at a disadvantage.
and take very good care of your :Kingambit: and :Sandy Shocks: to be able to deal with :Zapdos: as he is one of the ones that puts the most pressure on this team along with others :Kingambit:

take advantage of its incredible potential to stop sweepers with :Amoonguss: and :Garchomp: and use it more calmly :Cinderace: and :Tornadus-Therian: the team does not have great destructive power due to only having 1 sweeper but it has great ways of keeping the pace of your game in addition to great security in doing so.
That's all, I hope you enjoyed it, I'll be taking a break and coming back next year with more teams. I will leave the peak test and the poképast here for anyone interested in testing
Poképast: https://pokepast.es/9400903a3f5a0c00
Proof of the Peak:
Sandy Shocks TOP 5.png

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1995804914-9kobnmcyuhmoc1aaxbnmmlq6o7t82l1pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1995696458-ikfhnl4thlhhq03ribkeg3j5n94p0gmpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1995042880-sdaeym8sw215r3wsnjesu4r5x9k258upw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1995811370-kb8min1vtyxu2tjg0hqx4ahdvdb4r3cpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1995171475-6v9q2asa7viuzpr7g6buak1qmrc60vvpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1997198741-xdh4g7ji4zqfjhu0wqbjwu7le6kdjafpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1997298670-v4w828xhquigpkj4u5oxb5m6olxt9rcpw

Peak Proof:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1998404374-14sg84arlpwli4oqvyp96g6wr4vn0q7pw?p2

Last edited:
Hey, if you guys wanna use this team in Scarlet and Violet here is the rental code: RFXM2R

Note: I did change some EVs so all the mons are on odd hp on lvl 50!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)