[UU BETA] My attempt at making an adaptable, balanced team.

This is a team I built over the course of UU Beta and Gen 5 UU. My goal was to minimize the effect of enemies status aliments and making a team not completely hosed by Bisharp and Latias. This is my first RMT but I've tried to test it against a multitude of teams and was fairly happy with my results, so I decided to see what kind of advice/feedback I could get on it, It's the first team in awhile I can say I'm happy with.

IN 4D!!! (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is a pretty simple one, I typically lead with him and try to smack something with a download boost. HP Fighting is there for Bisharp, Who would otherwise wall this set. As far as ice beam, I'm not quite sure what it hits well enough, My initial thoughts were Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T. The other two moves are self explanatory; I really like him but he's my weakest link and could get axed if it were absolutely imperative. It also grants me a switch in to ghost moves.

Tinkerdelphia (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

This set I feel really needs work and one of the reasons I wanted to post in the first place. It's my primary Utility pokemon, Giga Drain is there for STAB and recovery but I don't find myself attacking very frequently with it. Heal Bell is there because I absolutely hate status aliments and stealth rocks is there because it's a fantastic move and helps it out immensely as things that Celebi are typically weak against are weak to stealth rock, giving me a good chunk of damage and potentially a paralyze on the switch in. It's also running natural cure, causing most status aliments to be wasted turns against it.

Percival (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

I hate Bisharp: The Pokemon: The Movie: The Soundtrack: I'm running CC for Wallbreaking and Stone Edge for the Therians and Zapdos. Iron head smacks Florges in the teeth along with Gardevoir-M, both of which are very scary pokemon when allowed free switch ins. Swords dance is there for potential sweeps if I can get an opening, but it rarely happens I could switch it for an extra coverage move. Not a whole lot else to say about it other than it's immune to toxic which is useful in getting a free switch.

Arm Floaties (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Two stealth rock users on the same team? At the moment yes, now hear me out here, Celebi and Swampert cover each others weaknesses and wall different things, allowing me a much much easier time with planting rocks in the first place. Waterfall and Earthquake are pretty self explanatory, but I was considering Scald/Earth Power for the burn chance; Albeit lower damage output. I put Roar in for Phazing as Set-Up Sweepers are something this team doesn't seem to handle too well, It also wracks up free Residual damage if it's safe enough to use. It's also Immune to Thunder Wave, nice!

Boxframed (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Rotom-H covers a lot of my weaknesses with it's awesome typing. It's immune to burns, Immune to T-Wave and Immune to Earthquake. I really don't know a good set for Rotom-H but I like discharge for the heavy para chance and Volt Switch for the obvious momentum, Overheat is there to ideally hit like a truck, Shadow Ball is there for mirror matches and coverage. Not too much else to say except that he's a wonderful Pivot and assists Swampert's Grass weakness and Celebi's Fire Weakness. Heavily considering dropping Shadow Ball for WoW

Whatabird (Staraptor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Defog

What a bird indeed. He's absolutely stellar at tearing holes through teams, Phazing with intimidate and clearing hazards if need be. U-Turn hits Respectably for free damage occasionally and keeps momentum up. He's also the reason I'm currently running two rockers, as defog deletes my own. Also Immune to Earthquake and Ghosts moves! I'm most happy with Staraptor because he forces a lot of awkward situations for my enemy.

Last edited:
Firstly, you might want to try a Dual Status set on Rotom-H if you were thinking of dropping Shadow Ball for WoW (which I would probably suggest). May I suggest:

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge / Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

If you are worried about mirror matches you can always switch out with Volt Switch, and if they are at all invested in speed, then you will be able to grab momentum if they choose to Volt Switch first, meaning you get to counter whatever they have sent in. You may even want to drop a couple of IVs from Rotom-H's speed just so that you can have the slower Volt Switch out in the case of mirror matches, which will give you the advantage, or you can predict what would be switched in and hit it, burn or para it. Because Shadow Ball or no Shadow Ball, there really isn't much point for Rotom-H's to be standing against each other.
Will-O-Wisp however gives a tonne of utility and when paired with T-wave, you can effectively cripple in some way almost every Pokemon in the game. You can use Discharge if you want a STAB electric hit which doesn't force you out, but a lot of the time T-wave is more reliable than hoping for the Para chance.

And you really shouldn't be running 2 SRs if you can avoid it. Celebi has a lot of useful moves that can replace it. I'd suggest either Perish Song (if set-up sweepers are giving you problems or you want to force something out), Recover (to increase Celebi's longevity and ability to wall for longer) or perhaps U-turn (to have a nice Volt-Turn core with Rotom or to maintain momentum). Healing Wish is also a nice utility to have in the last slot if you want to renew one of your Pokemon. But really, there are a lot of things that you can do with Celebi.

Otherwise nice team! I wish you luck.

You might want to switch some evs on swampert over from Sdef ,ATK, or HP to defense to have something to better tank physical hits, running 200-240 HP/200-252 DEF/16-108 ATK. Staraptor should be running reckless over intimidate, as intimidate may force a few switches, but reckless will allow him to KOs he might be missing via brave bird

Firstly, you might want to try a Dual Status set on Rotom-H if you were thinking of dropping Shadow Ball for WoW

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge / Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

And you really shouldn't be running 2 SRs if you can avoid it. Celebi has a lot of useful moves that can replace it. I'd suggest either Perish Song (if set-up sweepers are giving you problems or you want to force something out), Recover (to increase Celebi's longevity and ability to wall for longer) or perhaps U-turn (to have a nice Volt-Turn core with Rotom or to maintain momentum). Healing Wish is also a nice utility to have in the last slot if you want to renew one of your Pokemon. But really, there are a lot of things that you can do with Celebi.

Otherwise nice team! I wish you luck.
I decided to drop shadow ball for WoW and it has served me extremely well. I've played a few battles with Rotom-H with T-wave and did not find it as useful as discharge, Rotom took too much residual damage from having to switch out frequently due to it's moves phazing itself.

As for Celebi, I'm considering U-Turn, and I'm also considering Leech Seed and Earth Power. I've actually been in a position where Celebi was my last pokemon and giga drain ran out of PP. Leech Seed and Earth Power would both help that marginally.

I've been doing tests with Metagross over Cobalion and my god it dumpsters people, it survives Celebi EP's with assault vest and soaks a LOT of damage.

Percival (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

It could use a lot of work but it hits really hard, which is something my team was sort of lacking, instant offense, plus it gives me a priority user which this team had 0 of.

Staraptor should be running reckless over intimidate, as intimidate may force a few switches, but reckless will allow him to KOs he might be missing via brave bird
Staraptor can't run defog and reckless as far as I can tell, otherwise I would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)