UU - Balance

One day on Shoddy Battle, I was battling with my old UU team. Once I had a big losing streak, I thought it time for a change. I thought about a few options and finally came up with a good team style I would use, Balance.

So, presenting the team!

At a glance:

Moltres (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EV's: @ 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp
Nature: Timid
-Air Slash
-Hp Grass
-Fire Blast
-Roost

The Lead

Moltres provides quality coverage while being an excellent lead. It can take on most of the top UU leads and can also help me out late game. Air Slash and Fire Blast are deadly by themselves and Hp Grass is just a bonus option for those rare Quagsires out there. Moltres is also useful for stopping leads to setup Stealth Rock. Uxie may be able to set up rocks, but it can easily be beat out by Moltres with Fire Blast.

Why this pokemon?

Moltres is indeed one of the best UU leads out there in this Metagame. It's only trouble is Ampibom which can KO with Double Hit after Fake Out. Yanmega can't touch Moltres, but Rotom is a problem, especially if it's scarfed. I can usually switch to Milotic to take the hits and Recover back while being able to 2HKO Ampibom with Surf.

Drapion (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Battle Armor
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Nature: Adamant
-Poison Jab
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit

The Physical Attacker

Why doesn't anyone ever use this beast anymore? Drapion has won me so many games that it's not even funny. The typing that Drapion has makes it a perfect Chansey counter. Just switch in Drapion on an incoming toxic and either Crucnh or Pursuit Chansey. Crunch KO's Standard Roserade after SR damage. Poison Jab beats out any Venasaurs and Sceptiles that stand in its way. Earthquake can 2HKO Steelix while he's setting up Stealth Rock and it takes on opposing Drapions.

Why this Pokemon?

While Honchkrow could be used in this spot, I prefer Drapion since I don't carry a spinner. Drapion takes 12% from SR and while Honch takes a massive 25%. Roserade isn't a problem since Drapion outspeeds and KO's with either Crunch or Poison Jab. The only problems I have with Drapion is that Ampibom can come in and Fake Out and eventually take out Drapion.

Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Ev's: 252 Hp/252 Sp Def/4 Atk
Nature: Careful
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

The Rocker

Steelix is a perfect SR'er and a surprise counter to Yanmega and Honchkrow. You maybe asking yourself, "WTF, Special Defensive based Steelix?!" Well, this baby can survive a Superpower from Honchkrow and deliver a KO with Stone Edge. Now, Gyro ball can also KO Honch after the Def drop but Gyro Ball can't take on Yanmega. Stone Edge KO's the bog standard Yanmega with ease. a Bug Buzz coming from max Sp Atk Yanmega takes a measly 32% while Steelix brings the pain.

Why this Pokemon?

Steelix is a brilliant Stealth Rocker and an OK counter to Yanmega and Honchkrow. It can also take on opposing flying types such as Swellow, Articuno and such. Dugtrio isn't a problem since EQ takes 64%, while Steelix KO's back with Earthquake. Opposing Steelix can also be a problem but Milotic walls all variants.

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 56 Hp/252 Atk/212 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Wood Hammer
-Substitute
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

The Subtree

Torterra is a monster in UU. Toxic Spikes are a problem for this guy with Wood hammer recoil and Substitute, but with Drapion absorbing them, Torterra comes in clean as a whistle. Now you may think that Roserade counters Torterra, but he only takes around 69% from a STAB Sludge Bomb and I'm able to KO back with Earthquake. The 212 Spe that Torterra carries is to outspeed Milotic, Slowbro and Quagsire. KO'ing Quagsire and Slowbro and a 2hko on Milotic.

Why this pokemon?

Torterra has a high Attack and Hp making it naturally bulky. His Stealth Rock resistance makes him excellent for switching in and out during some tight situations. It also works great against Thunder Wave Clefable and Porygon 2's.

Chansey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 Def/252 Sp Def/4 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

The Special Wall

Chansey is the glue of my team. Wish passing support and walling any specials attacks dished out at her. She can either Wish Pass to Milotic, Torterra or to recover herself. Now I run Shed Shell for those pesky Dugtrios who like to try to trap me, but end up getting walled by Milotic.
The rest is self explanatory.

Why this pokemon?

For the simple fact of how well it works in synergy with other Pokemon in UU. Able to take hits and decently dish some back makes Chansey a god send. Not much to say for this little egg. Although, I'm thinking of changing Shed Shell to Leftovers, since I haven't really been trapped as much.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EV's: 216 Hp/252 Def/40 Sp Atk
Nature: Bold
-Surf
-Haze
-Recover
-Hp Electric

The Physical Wall

Milotic is the second part of the defensive core going along with Chansey. I had 2 other Bulky Water choices which were Lanturn and Quagsire. While both Quagsire and Lanturn have an Electric immunity, they have no recovery move besides rest. Milotic being bulky and having a recovery move was the obvious choice even though it's weak to electric. Blaziken can deal around 56% maximum with Superpower, while I can recover off the damage, or Surf Blaziken altogether.

Why this pokemon?

Milotic is key when using this team, without it, Chansey and the rest of my Pokemon are as sure as gone. There have been alot of crucial times where HP Electric was not needed as much as Ice Beam was. I use to run the set Surf/Hp Grass/Ice beam and Recover, but a lot of UU Cursers tend to setup on Milotic, and without Haze, I'd just get swept.

Well that's my team. Thanks for reading!

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, got your pm, good team. The team is well versed and has a good balance between walls and sweepers. What I will say is that you have no legit Fighting resist and no one can safely come in on the likes of Hitmontop and Hariyama. Sure you have Milotic but overall I think you'll find that your switching out most of the time. The team itself needs more offense so I will suggest an Altaria over Torterra to check Fighting-type attacks and add a solid offense threat.

Altaria
@ Leftovers
Careful Nature (SpD+ / SpA-)
252 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpD / 64 Spe

- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Heal Bell
- Roost

This is a great Altaria set from my experience and can very well fit on your team. The basic strategy is to come in and start to Dragon Dance on things guys that can't hurt you. With the current EVs you'll find that you can get at least 2 Dragon Dances. As odd as it may sound, Altaria is capable of defeating Milotic with Ice Beam. You use Dragon Dance as it uses Ice Beam, then you use Roost ro remove the Flying-type - basically you can alternate between Dragon Dance and Roost until your maxed out and begin to use Dragon Claw for the 2HKO. Dragon Claw is great in this tier and is only resisted by Steelix and Registeel, who apparently lack recovery move. Heal Bell clenses the Thunder Wave that you hate so much and other dumb status. I think this guy can benefit the team and adds an extra weapon in your arsenal.

I don't see Steelix doing much as Chansey and Milotc already checks both Yanmega and Honckrow. What you need is a good spinner to help Moltres stick around for a while. Also helps Altaria in the long run. Try Donphan with the EV spread 52 Hp / 202 Def / 252 Atk / 6 Spe and moveset: assurance / earthquake / ice shard / rapid spin. With the current evs you have a high chance of 2hko on all spiritomb, Mismagius, and Rotom who block your spin. Ice Shard checks Torterra, who is a decent threat, as well as SD Venusaur who takes 60% from ice Shard. Try this guy, as it may help your team's weakness to SR.

As for other options go, Hidden Power Electric is not needed in this tier on Milotic. With Hidden Power Grass you can now check Relicanth and SD Kabutops, striking them for the OHKO. Grass still hits Azumarill and Feraligatr so don't worry. I think your better off with 252 hp / 252 def / 6 SpD now if you opt to go to donphan. This way you can check Honkrow to a good extent as well as Speed Boost Yanmega. Overall gl.

Have you tried Rock Polish torterra it is just ur team seems very defensive to be balanced. Not that that is a bad thing. but rock polish torterra is a great late game sweeper

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey, sheep, nice team! uu is a really fun tier, besides being practically forced to use a registeel or chansey to beat yanmega. your team is cool in the sense that it uses some SEVERELY underrated 'mons in torterra and drapion. now, this team isn't perfect, but it is good! as franky said, ground and fighting attacks are a total bitch to this team, but unlike franky i don't think that altaria is the answer to your problems. i think that a mismagius would be a great addition to your team in the place of moltres. this may seem stupid, as that means you have no proper lead, but fear not! steelix is an excellent lead, as it takes on ambipom with ease, and can even take one lo roserade leaf storm with the defensive ev spread you currently run. moltres isn't a problem because of the whole milotic + chansey thing you have going. i don't suggest a sub + calm mind mismagius; instead i suggest taunt + will o wisp mismagius. with steelix being on the front line, he is taking more damage early, so keeping rocks up is so valuable. taunt wow mismagius also completely destroys most stall, just look at EUM's recently posted team. he can take a hit from yanmega, just in case milotic is weakened and chansey dead. the main attraction is the immunity to both types of moves that give you trouble, while not being sr weak.

mismagius @ leftovers
calm 252 hp / 216 sdef / 40 def

~ pain split
~ will o wisp
~ taunt
~ shadow ball

ok, secondly i dislike offensive torterra spreads on non rp torterras. i really dislike torterras with substitute, and their only form of recovery being leftovers. sub torterra either needs leech seed or synthesis to recover off the damage he's taking from putting up subs and taking attacks. a more defensive spread is in order as well, as this eliminates the chance of fighting types sweeping you. 252 hp / 212 def / 56 atk adamant is a cool spread that can take hits like a bitch and dish them out fairly well too. sub/leech seed/earthquake/wood hammer is a nice set that gets nice coverage, and with leech seed you totally own chansey, registeel, etc. sub blocks nasty status, and goes hand in hand with leech seed! good luck with the team, i hope my suggestions work

haunter

Banned deucer.
As others have said, this is a pretty solid team, and I agree about fighting attacks being a problem overall. Indeed Moltres can switch in decently into fighting moves but, of course it needs spin support to work properly.

I don't honestly like Torterra on this team, because it seems that it's not supporting it in any way. Actually I think that your team would benefit much more from a rapid spinner in that spot. The obvious suggestion here is Donphan, so:

Donphan@leftovers
nature: adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spe
-earthquake
-assurance
-rapid spin
-ice shard

with its naturally high defense and HP, Donphan would actually help your team taking fighting attacks, while supporting Moltres with rapid spin. With assurance hitting frail spin blockers (like Rotom and Mismagius) and earthquake coming off a respectable 120 base Atk, and rapid spin, it would of course help your team dealing with opposing stall teams, which indeed seem a problem for your team as you lack a proper stall breaker and have no way to get rid of opposing entry hazards. Ice shard would be precious to revenge kill a weakened opposing RP Torterra, which currently looks like an automatic loss for your team if Steelix (or your own Torterra) is not at full health (and btw it can only roar Torterra out).

I've tested both Altaria and Mismagius.

Altaria caused me to lose alot more, since I lose half of my Offensive combo.

I get all of My DD's hazed.

Mismagius works well and I'll update later.

I am currently testing Donphan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)