USE LATIOS PEOPLE

forestflamerunner

Ain't no rest for the wicked
well i was checking ou stats for the PO beta server, and i saw something that made my heart drop. Both latias and latios are UU. this is an outrage. they are too good to be UU, even if everyone is looking to use a new gen 5 poke. i resolved to make a good team abusing specs latios, who with psycho shock, draco meteor, and trick breaks down walls like a boss

TEAM BUILDING

ok, like i previously mentioned, i am planning on using specs latios. so the first member of my team was set.

now, in my experience, specs latios, actually specs pokemon in general, are great at tearing down special walls and helping some special sweepers set up down the road. the best way to abuse specs latios would therefore be to help it set up a special sweeper. several immediately popped into mind. lucario for its nice typing and access to priority, darkrai due to its access to dark void and incredible speed, and mew for its limitless movepool. mew is another pokemon that is unnecessarily UU, which also aches my heart but having two psychic pokes wasn't something i would be over the moon about. lucario had nice priority, and could destroy doryuuzu and had great typing, so it was definitely in reserves. darkrai did not have the typing of lucario, but had access to dark void, which was great and had a mosterous special attack and speed, so ultimately i chose darkrai.

now both of these pokemon are special attackers. therefore, i decided to get a physical attacker. i knew i wanted priority, since some wheather pokes can become a pain very quickly and i didn't want ttar since it would give me too many bug weaknesses. i got my choices down to roobushin, bbreloom and scizor. scizor had the best synergy with darkrai and latios so i went for scizor.

next i needed entry hazards to help secure some ko's for my pokes. stealth rock was the most important and spikes would be a nice addition. i didn't want toxic spikkes since that would interfere with darkrai's dark void. garchomp was an option since it had that creep speed and great typing, as well as access to earthquake, which my team still lacked. my other option was natoreii, which could set up both spikes and rocks. i decided to use garchomp initially, but eventually i changed him for natorrei since it helped with giving my team some more bulk.

final two slots. first i wanted a bulky water, and then a decent anti lead. i just ended up going with two pokes that i've had decent success with: marvel scale dragonite as an anti lead since it can deal with deoxys-A, which otherwise i have no answer to and rest talk milotic which provided a status absorber for my team.

i completely forgot about my spin blocker while team building, so i chose to replace milotic with burungeru, since it performed a similar function and sported excellent synergy with natoreii.

MY TEAM

Dragonite@life orb
brave/252ATK/252SPA/4HP
multi scale

Fire Blast
Earthquake
Extremespeed
Draco meteor

this was the old dragonite anti lead with multi scale instead of inner focus. fire blast and earthquake are to help take down steels, and are my only ground and fighting attacks. extremespeed is to help me take down deoxys-A and deoxys- S and also deals with darkrai and ulgamoth pretty well late game. draco meteor is my obligatory stab and my most powerful option against bulky waters.

latios@choice specs
timid/252SPA/252SPE/4HP
levitate

draco meteor
psycho shock
hp fire
trick

the star of the show. latios has been degraded to UU which is unnexceptable so i'm using specs latios to kick ass draco meteor to take down bulky waters (most are KO'ed after a little prior damage. psycho shock is for blissey and other special walls and the numerous fighting types that now lurk throughout the OU tier. trick was for walls i didn't like and natoreii when it feels like being clever, setting up rocks and all. hp fire is to help against natoreii and scizor.

scizor@choice band
adamant/248HP/252ATK/8SPE
technician

bullet punch
pursuit
superpower
uturn

f pursuit is to take care of all those shanderall who trap my poor latios and kill it with shadow ball (i can take a shadow ball from shandera too). superpower helps me deal with blissey if it is too scared to leave because of pursuit. TBH there isn't much to say about this guy. its the standard scizor that we all know and love.

nattorei@shed shell
sassy/92SPD/252HP/160DEF/4HP
iron barbs/1 spe IV's

gyro ball
power whip
spikes
stealth rocks

i have both entry hazards so if the opponent doesn't deal with nattoreii quickly, they will regret it. gyro ball and power whip are the two most powerful attacks available to natoreii outside explosion, while shed shell is to make sure shanderaa doesn't rape my ass. 1 speed ivs are to power up gyro ball while still being able to outspeed other natoreii with similar ideas.

burunguru@leftovers
calm/252HP/8DEF/248SPD
water absorb

surf
energy ball
ice beam
recover

burengeru completes the natoreii burenguru core. burenguru, on my team, functions primarily as a spin blocker to prevent the rocks and spikes and rocks that natoreii worked so hard to put up to be spun away. surf is used over boiling water as to not limit the number of pokes darkrai can put to sleep. surf takes care of blaziken and ulgamoth, ice beam deals with various dragons, and energy ball for the likes of starmie. recover just adds bulk to burunguru and keeps it to fight another day.

darkrai@life orb
timid/252SPA/252SPE/4HP
bad dreams

dark void
focus blast
dark pulse
nasty plot

dark pulse and focus blast are almost unresisted together and coupl that with 135 base special attack and you have a real terror. dark void provides me with a turn to set up. nasty plot boosts my special attack stat to a point where blissey can be 2HKO'ed with focus blast. dark pulse provides obligatory stab, while dark void puts my opponents to sleep to provide set up oppurtunity.

Hi! On your team, Natorei sets up hazards and then they get spun away by Rapid Spin. You need a Spin Blocker so use Burungeru Over Milotic. This gives you a solid defensive core, resisting all types but Ground and Flying. Next Scizors evs. ALWAYS max Hp before Defenses as this allows you to take hits better. Move all the Sdef to Hp. Dragonite shpuld not run Brave, that lowers his speed, try Naive. Finally on Latios, Draco Meteor already destoys Bully Water so use Hidden Power Fire to hit Natorei and Doryuzzu. GL with your team.

Burungeru Set
name: Utility Counter
move 1: Boiling Water
move 2: Recover
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Is the shift key on your keyboard broken? Because I don't see a single capital letter. Don't have much to say team-wise, but you refer to Scizor in its description as Burungeru, and you have a bunch of typos

forestflamerunner

ok i fixed the typos. as for the no caps, my little cousin ripped off the shift key on my computer, and that is why there are no caps. i'm sorry if that irked you so much to make a post on this thread exclusively for that reason, but i don't have the time to fix all the capitalization errors with finals and everything coming up.

I don't think Dragonite needs the extra speed from naive. He has no evs invested so a brave nature that ups attack and doesn't lower defenses would be better

forestflamerunner

yeah, thats what i personally thought, but i figured i was a noob and didn't know better :). i guess i'll unfix it.

Run the Smogon EVsd for lead nite, with a Rash / Mild nature. Never ever run a neutral nature, especially not on a hard hitting lead. The smogon EVs are 116 Atk / 200 SAtk / 192 Spd. Allow you to outrun some common leads while still hitting as hard as possible.

Run the Smogon EVsd for lead nite, with a Rash / Mild nature. Never ever run a neutral nature, especially not on a hard hitting lead. The smogon EVs are 116 Atk / 200 SAtk / 192 Spd. Allow you to outrun some common leads while still hitting as hard as possible.
I disagree. If you are running an offensive lead and need speed, Salamence hits it bar Extremespeed.

Drogonite should never lower it's degences in the lead position. Thanks to his new ability, he is probably the bulkiest lead in the current metagame. Besides, he has Extremespeed to make up for his loss of speed.

In short, Bulky Dragonite Lead > Fast Dragonite Lead

I disagree. If you are running an offensive lead and need speed, Salamence hits it bar Extremespeed.

Drogonite should never lower it's degences in the lead position. Thanks to his new ability, he is probably the bulkiest lead in the current metagame. Besides, he has Extremespeed to make up for his loss of speed.

In short, Bulky Dragonite Lead > Fast Dragonite Lead

Your point is valid, but if you're saying "Bulky Dragonite Lead", then I would suggest running HP EVs. Putting all of your EVs into attack (s) is wasteful and ineffective, wouldn't you say?

I'd then go 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SAtk so your DMs and Fire Blasts hit as hard as possible. And run Mild / Rash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)