Data Usage-Based Tier Update for September 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 547500
Brute Bonnet has surpassed Ursaluna lesgooo proved the doubters wrong
View attachment 547501
But seriously, can anyone explain this?
pretty sure it's purely because people on the ladder were spamming the hell out of this team during olt and the gambit suspect.

on an unrelated note, congratulations to garchomp for sticking around in ou. here's to hoping they give you scale shot in the dlc because otherwise I don't think you are making the cut this month.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
More like hoopa and roaring moon. they are way better than ursaluna is becaues its slow, wears itself down and has no recovery, and struggles to do much that others cant... a stall breaker doesnt matter if stall isnt really that good... Trick room isnt good either

Ursaluna might get quick banned but that is on the fact that it can exploit turns right but usually it gets a trade at best cuz a 50% ursaluna is dead weight and often is gonna do jack shit
Roaring Moon stinks way more than Ursaluna ever could. At least Ursaluna has a nuclear matchup against defensive teams, even offense can keep the likes of Roaring Moon’s schtick away with not much effort.

1693636353363.png

1693636547435.png

1693636556089.png

1693636624373.png

1693636638360.png

1693636649730.png

1693636663112.png

NatDex UU right now:

1693638525405.png

Well I guess NatDex ladder truly is the wackiest of them all...
But seriously, why the f*ck did this happen ?! Like, this thing is one of THE best defoggers in the whole meta, much more than "Skarmory except I'm stuck being shitty at removing hazards cuz' i have none" or "I fear Knock Off and tiny pebbles" Moltres. Are people just copying OU trends without understanding the WHY of it ?

Are ghosts that meta asphyxiating to justify that kind of Gambit usage? At least Tusk provides universally needed team building tools in ground + knock + spin that are scarce in viable Pokemon to justify it's usage.

Are ghosts that meta asphyxiating to justify that kind of Gambit usage? At least Tusk provides universally needed team building tools in ground + knock + spin that are scarce in viable Pokemon to justify it's usage.
If Natdex OU this month is any indication, yes, the ghosts are that asphyxiating. Note that Natdex OU, which recently banned Kingambit after Kingambit spiked to #1 usage there for months, has Gholdengo at #1 and Dragapult at #2 (granted, Gholdengo has actual defensive utility against Fairies like Tapu Lele/Clefable and doesn't completely buckle to Earth Power from Diancie-Mega/Enamorus/etc. and isn't touched by Fighting attacks from Lele/Iron Valiant/etc., unlike the old-school but outdated Fairy killer Heatran).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)