Data Usage-Based Tier Update for January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Thank you for doing this every month Marty
I think there's a mistake with the LC UU banlist you have posted though. It has some things that are definitely below the usage cutoff in there like Buizel.
As far as I can tell, the correct banlist should look something more like this
LC UU Banlist:
Diglett-Alola, Drifloon, Drilbur, Elekid, Foongus, Gastly, Glimmet, Gothita, Grimer-Alola, Growlithe-Hisui, Impidimp, Koffing, Magby, Magnemite, Mareanie, Meowth, Mienfoo, Minccino, Mudbray, Pawniard, Porygon, Shellder, Shroodle, Snivy, Snubbull, Stunky, Tentacool, Timburr, Tinkatink, Toedscool, Trapinch, Voltorb-Hisui, Vullaby, Wattrel

Let me know if I'm mistaken for some reason. Thanks again
Oh yes my mistake, I didn't review the LC output; that was using the month 1 cutoff with no rises. The real banlist is what you have listed plus Scraggy. I'll update my post, thanks!

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Terrakion in PU is maybe the biggest indictment of first-month DLC tiering I've ever seen. OU usage deciding which lower tier you drop to is ridiculous when you just know it'll be controlled by new-toy syndrome. Hope they change this next gen
It's either we do this or we wait several months for a bunch of shitmons to get down to the right tiers (Which granted still happens to some extent even with the current way DLC drops are handled, but it would be way worse if we just had them all go down to UU and go through the usual drop cycle). Besides, stuff like Terrakion in PU is fairly easy for the lower tiers to deal with since they can just ban the motherfucker, and it will end up in a more appropriate usage based tier come February anyways.

Terrakion in PU is maybe the biggest indictment of first-month DLC tiering I've ever seen. OU usage deciding which lower tier you drop to is ridiculous when you just know it'll be controlled by new-toy syndrome. Hope they change this next gen
What, change it and bring back the issue of it taking multiple months for a good amount of Pokemon to actually fall down to the tiers they're "meant" to be in? Thats immensely more stupid then funny meme creating tier placements lol

It seems people don't realize that Terrakion dropped so hard not because it's worse than all those pokemon that landed in RU and NU, but because it's completely outclassed by its paradox form, which has the same role. There was just no reason to use Terrakion in OU, unlike other bad mons, which at least have some unique properties to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)