Data Usage-Based Tier Update for April 2023 (nobody's fool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hisuian Zorua being used that much in NU seems to be entirely because of the dedication of one single person who is spamming the living hell out of it for whatever reason.

Someone must've had too much time on their hands.

Kingambit being the number 1 in NatDex is crazy. Is it because of Pursuit? Or something else?
It also has knock off in ND, which means that even good switch ins are weakened pretty severely, and Great Tusk being worse (due to a few things, but in part since it really hates toxic and scald) means the easiest check isn't as easy to fit. Tera is also just a lot harder to deal with in national dex, and its tera options all allow it to beat its checks, which is a pain when it's most threatening at the end of the game, since that means you can't reliably keep enough checks around for it.

Honestly if tera doesn't get banned after WC or home (probably the soonest the council can justify a retest), king will probably get banned, since having it all the sudden beat landorus t and mega lopunny (it's two most commonly used checks) with a tera means it's so hard to deal with. It's honestly more busted than annihilape in ND.

I made teams out of the top 6 best from every meta (except NatDex it's too weird with every Pokémon). I say "made" but I actually just copied the analyses for most of them that aren't OU.

OU:
https://pokepast.es/524c60f407c15d56
UU:
https://pokepast.es/421a9c0544644941
RU:
https://pokepast.es/216304045115199b
NU:
https://pokepast.es/cfde3500b64f54f6
PU:
https://pokepast.es/af2cc2e0229ba8cb

I've been making these types of teams for a while now and I'm only just sharing them now. Since they're the top 6 used in their respective metas yes they are viable teams, I tested them. They take a while to get used to using like using a sample team in a new meta you're trying.

The NU team in particular is interesting in my opinion. I've been playing NU since gen 7, and not once have I seen this many utility sets on one team.

For the PU team, I had no idea what I was doing. I never bothered trying PU, or RU for that matter. My natural habitat is OU, NU, and Almost Any Ability. I found no analyses for the PU team except for Quaxwell and Gabite since they came from NFE, so I basically put what I thought what would be cool in one set and called it a day. It worked, though, and that's all that matters.

RU wasn't that hard. I copied the analyses and it worked much better than I thought. I still lost a lot, and I will most likely not return to RU until May usage stats come up.

The UU team was east to make, as I have used Talonflame, Scizor, and Sandy Shocks a lot in the past. I shifted the sets around according to the analyses, and it did fine. The team was more of a low ladder team than something that can get you into the top 500.

The OU team is exactly how you would expect it. It's the same 6 things you see on every team. Seriously, I can't find and OU team that doesn't have at least one of them on it. Sadly, I didn't get to add Clodsire to it. I was really excited to see if Clodsire would be in the top 6, even though I knew it wouldn't. Maybe next time after a few more random suspects and bans. This team works pretty well, but then again I'm still not that great at OU and I'm still low ladder, oh well. The team worked really well and is relatively easy to use.

I do these types of teams every month for fun, and I'm always excites to see new usage stats to see what I can play with on my teams. This month in particular I mostly knew what was coming, except in RU and especially PU. Except I don't quite understand why Zoroark made top 5 in NU since I barely see any. Maybe I'll start posting these teams on most of the usage stats pages, maybe not. I probably will though, this was really fun.

(P.S. I 100% do NOT recommend using ANY of these teams at high ladder. If you do, prepare to go back down to 1000. Unless you're just that good and can get to top 1 on the ladder with one of these teams.)

(P.P.S If you have any suggestions for stuff I should change or fix, feel free to change it and maybe even tell me what I missed or messed up on so I can use it on future teams.)

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Looks like the monthly overall monotype stats aren't compiling correctly now. Looks like, based on the list, it's pulling from the wrong tier, since it has plenty of (currently) unobtainables.

Per type is definitely fixed from when it was brought up a few months ago, though; much appreciated! :)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Looks like the monthly overall monotype stats aren't compiling correctly now. Looks like, based on the list, it's pulling from the wrong tier, since it has plenty of (currently) unobtainables.

Per type is definitely fixed from when it was brought up a few months ago, though; much appreciated! :)
I don't know if you noticed yet, but you're looking at a Gen 8 file where those Pokemon do exist.

Reactions: ken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)