Ursaring Team Revamped!

Yipes! Aragornbird's art is utterly amazing. just click the link for his site. It's amazing

So you guys remember my ursaring team. For those who don't, it can be found here. Now it was great and all, but it had some big weaknesses, like, say, heracross (the ones used by good people) and, well, special attackers in general. Not to mention the fact that it was utterly walled by blissey. So, following MoP's suggestion, I have revamped the team, fixing holes, spreading para a lot better, and not getting walled into hell by the fat pink blob. The team still focuses on ursaring, and I'm going with para rather than speed passing because ursaring in general switches a lot, and you don't have to set up para every time you want to switch back in. This team covers itself pretty well, and it is definately much better than the other one. But it can still be improved for sure. Now, many of you are probably thinking "why use ursaring when there's other shit like MoPcross and SD lucario?" Well, a major factor that this team has over my other various teams is that I enjoy using this a whole lot more. The making of my ursaring teams, both this and the last, has opened my eyes to the fun side of pokemon. It's a whole lot more fun using something like Ursaring that nobody uses than using some random shit like SDcario, who everyone and his mother uses. But the competitive aspect is still there. My last Ursaring team got infinitely more attention than any of my other teams. All that attention from the community helped me to see flaws in the team and make it better. Let's hope this gets as much attention as my last rmt, and maybe I can make this even better. So this team is fire themed (sorta), so in honor of that, I've chosen bright red as my main color. Enjoy!

Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires

Forest Fires Happen Fast
a.k.a. Salamence

-----------------------
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Hydro Pump
~ Dragon Pulse

Comments: The salamence on this team not only makes a great lead, often able to kill guys off the bat with a super fast draco meteor, but also is my revenge killing force. He comes in after someone faints and usually just draco meteors whatever is out to hell. What's nice about Salamence, though, is that he can come in on weak physical attacks and do massive damage as well. His resistances are plentiful, and he can make use of the free turn, perhaps not as well as the specs or mix version, but I've got to have him scarfed, and he still does shitloads of damage.

Role in Assisting Ursaring: Salamence is able to take out pokemon that are faster than ursaring and can pose a threat. Salamence can revenge kill beautifully with a massively powerful draco meteor.

I Wish There were no Fires
a.k.a. Jirachi

---------------------
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Careful
Ev's: 252 hp, 188 special defense, 72 attack
~ Body Slam
~ Wish
~ Zen Headbutt
~ Stealth Rock

Comments: Jirachi is my best answer to special attacking stuff, my special "wall" if you will. He sets down the rocks, which are important to every team. Jirachi passes wish, which is essential to this team, and the paraflinch is lovely for the team. This thing has a 60% chance of paralysing the opponent, making him able to just cripple random pokemon that wish that they were cool enough not to get paralysed, like random ground type pokemon that I can't touch otherwise. say, cb swine locked into ice shard... The ev's are a bit funny, because he is specially defensive rather than physically. 188 ev's seemed like just enough to me for surviving specs gengar's shadow ball (3HKO at best) while hitting back for an almost guranteed OHKO with zen headbut. Guaranteed with stealth rocks, even to scarfgars who pack 68 hp ev's.

Role In Assisting Ursaring: Jirachi provides the required wish support. Ursaring is constantly losing health due to status, so wish support is absolutely vital to his survival. Jirachi sets up rocks, which ruins random sashes that might end Ursaring's rampage. Body slam is an amazing move, as it hits pokemon with a 60% paralysis rate, and combining that with the 40% flinch of zen headbutt, this guy can take some pokemon that the team might not be able to handle otherwise. The para also greatly helps ursaring against random fast pokemon that I might be switching in on.

Farenheit 451 My Ass
a.k.a. Vaporeon

-------------------------
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 188 hp, 252 defense, 68 special attack
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
Name Explanation: Well, in Literature Class, I just finished reading this exceedingly gay book titled Farenheit 451. In that book, I learned about salamanders and how they are able to survive in fire (at least, my lit teacher made me learn that). Well, vappy is a salamander (you see it, don't you?) and she survives fire, so woop-dy do.

Comments: Jirachi is my best answer to special threats. Vappy is my best answer to physical ones. The little newt neuters (get it?) garchomp and resttalk gyarados, both of which are quite high in usage. This vappy doesn't carry wish, though I may try it just so that I can have recovery. Jirachi already carries wish, and for now that's good enough. Subpassing is important, because if I get a sub to Ursaring, it can be game over. Done. Period. Vappy does well physically and does fine with surf and ice beam. Bulky waters wall her, but then again, I have Celebi for those bitches. It's hilarious to see someone sacrifice all their pokemon to take out celebi and then find that their resttalk gyarados can only heal this guy. Priceless. Anyways, with two intimidators on the team, this guy's job is a lot easier than Jirachi's.

Role in Assisting Ursaring: This thing performs the subpass. Now, we all know how insane vappy is, but it's completely different once you actually use the bitch. Originally, the idea for subpass vappy was inspired by Lee's marowak team that did the same thing for marowak. I decided to be bold enough to suggest it to someone else, and it worked wonders, helping a lot to set up swords dance lucario. Well, vappy's here, doing the same thing. It's amazing how she gets so many free turns by coming in on the huge amount of things that can't threaten her. I have no sleep inducer on this team at the moment, so she can't come in on drowzy pokemon, but still, she's amazing at what she does to help Ursaring.

Fires Make me Taste Bad
a.k.a. Celebi

--------------------
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252 hp, 96 special attack, 162 defense
~ Leech Seed
~ Thunderwave
~ Grass Knot
~ Recover / Light Screen
Name Explanation: Celebi is a pokemon that reminds everyone of an onion. Now, being Greek (hell yes!), I love my traditional Greek salad, which most people find disgusting. Feta cheese, onions, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, and lots of vinaigrette (similar to the italian one). Well, I'm a peculiar Greek, and I don't like my onions cooked. So fire makes them taste bad. Hence Celebi's name, which happens to have something to do with fire.

Comments: Celebi is a pokemon that I don't have very much experience with. I've only used it in one team, my Gyarados team, and it worked amazingly well. On this team, it should work even better. Leech seed coupled with wish (possibly two wishers) helps keep the team alive amazingly. This celebi hits Gyrados for a solid 3HKO while taking barely anything back. It also carries thunderwave, which helps the para spreading theme of the team. This guy is almost a pure support pokemon, whith the advantage of being able to take out gyara and dent other bulky waters. Recovery is good on Celebi and helps him a lot against gyara, but light screen helps the team in the special department, which I am kinda lacking in. Help on the choice between these two would be appreciated.

Role in Assisting Ursaring: This guy uses leech seed, which helps to almost negate the status on ursaring for a few turns (until toxic gets big). Those turns could be the few that he needs to swords dance up and then sweep the team. Celebi also spreads even more thunderwave to help ursaring get in the amazing sweep.

Fire Fears Me
a.k.a. Gyarados

---------------------
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 attack, 184 speed, 72 hp
~ Thunderwave
~ Taunt / Dragon Dance / Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Waterfall

Comments: Thunderwave Gyarados is pretty perfect for this team. Now, most smart people who see a paralysis team switch a natural curer or resttalker or some shit like that everytime they see a paralysis user. That's why some of the best paralysis guys are the offensive ones. Gyarados with Thunderwave gets many, many scarfers / bulky waters / etc. paralysed due to sheer surprise. This guys is my best source of paralysis, and he does his job amazingly. There's a bit of a conflict for a moveslot, though. Taunt helps screw over the walls that may come in after the surprise has been revealed. Dragon dance helps to maximize my sweeping potetial and make gyarados something they have to deal with ASAP, helping me to lame those scarfers with para or possibly even sweep. Earthquake provides me with a ground move, something that this team doesn't have very much of.

Role in Assisting Ursaring: Gyarados helps ursaring a lot, being able to spread super huge amounts of status and drawing in the all important scarfers and laming them. Gyarados also happens to hit insanely hard, which is always a plus. Thunderwave gyarados spreads an obscene amount of status, and he also has intimidate and a fighting resistance to boot. Lovely.

Smoky the Bear
a.k.a. Ursaring

-----------------------
Ursaring @ Poison Orb

Ability: Quick Feet (for now, I'll decide between the two after testing)
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Swords Dance
~ Facade
~ Fire Punch
~ Earthquake

Comments: Ursaring, after a swords dance, just eats everything with facade. Everything that doesn't resist it is OHKO'd. A lot of stuff that does resist it is OHKO'd. Your typical run of the mill walls like weezing and gliscor that work oh so well on SDcario, well, they all die. The most powerful physical pokemon that resist facade are foretress and skarm, and neither likes fire punch, especially forry. Earthquake provides great coverage, and close combat just lowers my stats, so earthquake goes over it. Fire punch hits just about every ghost for an OHKO and earthquake hits dusknoir. Random steels are raped by earthquake. This thing is an amazing game-ending force when everyone faster than him is paralysed. And that happens a lot against this team.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Well, without this guy, Ursaring wouldn't be able to do anything, m i rite?

Overview:
So the team spreads para like a bitch while still hitting moderately hard. I set down rocks with Jirachi, paralyse shit with Celebi, Jirachi, and Gyardos, and then totally rape the team once ursaring gets a free switch, or even more when he gets in with a sub passed from vaporeon. The team is lacking in the way of special attack, but all the physical walls are raped anyways, so it doesn't matter. And well, all the physical walls are raped, which explains how the team attaks on the physical side. The team is weaker defensively on the special side as well, but Jirachi does fine I guess. If I go light screen on Celebi, that would help as well. I have two intimidators, and two physically oriented "wallish" pokemon, so I'm fine on the physically defensive side.

Threat List:

Garchomp:
--- Initial Switchin: vappy does fine against just about every set

---SD Garchomp: vappy is my best answer, OHKOing with ice beam
---Choiced Garchomp: if it's locked into outrage, I can paralyse it with Jirachi. if it's locked into earthquake, I can rape it with salamence.
---Sub Garchomp: now, this could be a problem, but vappy still does its thing, and once I've figured his moveset, it's pretty easy to bring him down
---Chain Chomp: vappy kills him fine

Gengar:
---Initial Switchin: Jirachi takes just about every attack. If garchomp is gone, I can put vappy to sleep. I need to fit a sleep absorber on the team somehow, though, and nobody better suggest resttalk gyarados over twave.

---Life Orb Gengar: if sleep clause is activated, Jirachi comes in for paltry damage and then OHKO's with zen headbutt.
---Scarf Gengar: Ursaring can come in on shadow ball for a free swords dance or just mash the blighter. otherwise, JIrachi again.

---Subbing Gengar: Jirachi just keeps breaking the subs 'till this guy's dead.
Blissey:
---Initial Switchin: Gyarados can come in on flamethower, ice beam, and well, everything but twave. Ursaring can come in on twave.

---CMBliss: this could be a problem. luckily, I don't see too many. if I can get a sub up for ursaring, then she's going to die to one or two facades. If not, then gyarados can come in and (possibly) taunt her before raping her. unfortunately, she might pack tbolt, so after she's taunted, I just wear her down with Jirachi (provided she carries tbolt over flamethower, if flamethrower, gyara just stays in)

Gyarados:
---Initial switchin: celebi does fine, absorbing twave with natural cure and killing him with grass knot faster than he can kill back.
---Bulky Gyarados: celebi counters it.

---STalk Gyarados: wall'd by vappy
---Choiced Gyarados: holy crap! celebi beats this too??!?
---Life Orb Sweeper Gyarados: alright, the celebi thing is getting kinda old.

Tyranitar:
---Initial switchin: vappy can take a hit or two, possibly passing a sub to ursaring who kills with eq.

---BOAH: vappy can take non-tbolt ones, but tbolt ones are kinda mean. jirachi stalls it with wish, I guess. without ice beam, 'mence beats it.
---DDTar: this thing sucks. salamence can revenge kill it, I guess. vappy can hurt it before it rapes me. gyarados can come in on eq and waterfall.

---Choiced Tyranitar: vappy is my best answer to crunch. if he's locked into eq, mence comes in to kill something. if he's locked into stone edge, jirachi sets up wish.

Heatran:
---Initial Switchin: vappy can come in on fire blast and surf back.
---SpecsTran: Vaporeon takes on all non HP Electric/HP Grass moves. If one uses hp grass, 'mence will punish him. hp electric can be dealt with (kinda) by jirachi, who sets up
---Life Orb Heatran: mence can come in on taunt, fire blast, and earth power.
---ScarfTran/ResTalk Tran: vappy can do fine, passing a sub to ursaring to do the dirty work on the resttalk version and surfing the scarfer.

Bronzong:
---Initial Switchin: once someone is asleep or I come in on gyro ball or stealth rock, vappy just subs up and passes it away to someone else
---CMZong: mence can take grass knot, and usually they only pack one attack. psychic versions get walled by jirachi.
---Rain Dance Bronzong: mence can come in, and nobody likes taking boosted hydro pumps

Salamence:
---Initial Switchin: I can scout with vappy, and jirachi can come in on draco meteor to body slam the switch and spread para. vappy beats physical versions pretty easily
---SpecsMence: well, vappy comes in on half his moves and subs the switch
---MixMence: if it's the beginning of the game, I just meteor that bitch, and most mixmences are leads.
---DDMence: vappy can come in with some ease and ice beam,
---CBMence: jirachi comes in on dragon moves, gyara on ground and moves to spread para, and vappy can come in on just about anything to ice beam back

Metagross:
---Initial Switchin: vappy can switch in on cb meteor mash pretty well.
---CBGross: vappy.
---ScarfGross: vappy does fine.
---Life Orb Pure Physical Gross: vappy and jirachi can stall it for life orb damage
---AgiliGross: jirachi hurts the ones without earthquake. mence outspeeds most and can hurt it.
---MixGross: 'mence can come in on the special moves and threaten to OHKO. meteor mash and just about everything else physical gets absorbed by vappy.

Infernape:
---Initial Switchin: vappy can come in on pretty much everything and surf back.
---SDNape: vappy can come in to kill it and mence can come in okay (intimidate and resistance to stabs) to kill it
---MixNape: vappy kills him
---ScarfNape: cake for vappy

---------------------------------------------

Weavile: jirachi can come in to u-turn to whatever, or possibly kill him. vappy takes little to no damage from him.

Swampert: this guy doesn't enjoy draco meteor from mence, but then I have to switch back out. jirachi and mence can play around with him if I predict well

Skarmory: mence can come in on just about everything and kill it

Gliscor: vappy comes in and then subs on the switch

Starmie: jirachi can take the time to body slam and wish

Celebi: mence can take anything physical and come in on grass knot. this thing doesn't enjoy fire blasts

Forretress: mence does just fine.

Cresselia: charge+ice beam tanks can be annoying, but generally vappy can sub on it. ursaring can absorb status and then I can switch to someone else to put on the hurt. it's worn down, I guess.

Togekiss: it doesn't enjoy repeated ice beams from vappy mence can come in on hustle versions just fine. np guys usually pack lots of speed and not much defenses, so mence can kill it. jirachi resists airslash and can flinchhax back at 'kiss
---------------------------------------------

Heracross:
---Initial Switchin: mence can come in on his stabs (intimidate) and kill it
---CBCross:I can come in on his stabs with mence. 'dark move' doesn't do much to mence either. gar can revenge kill it.
---ScarfCross: just about the same as cbcross, but he gets two hits in that are both weaker. I wouldn't mind paralysing this with someone and then hitting it hard, as then it is essentially a super-slow cb cross
---Setup Cross: this thing is annoying, but if I can get it paralysed (most use swarm) then I can kill him okay.

Jirachi: mence can come in on anything not named icy wind or ice punch, and neither are used much.

Breloom: ursaring comes on the spore and then mence comes in on the focus punch or sub.

Vaporeon: I have to just wear him down. he's really annoying, but paraflinch can put an end to him.

Electivire: gar comes in on cc and eq to kill. tpunch can be annoying, but if I intimidate him and then switch mence away, he doesn't pose much of a threat. mesprit can wear him down.

Hippowdon: leads get killed. otherwise, vappy can pose an immediate threat

Azelf: mence can come in on np or grass knot. scarfzelfs get neutered by gyarados. he dies pretty fast to just about everything.

Snorlax: this thing can be annoying, but vappy can subpass to ursaring who can set up on it

Mamoswine: vappy does fine and ice beams the blighter.

Scizor: mence can come in on x-scissor and pose a threat. otherwise, jirachi can paralyse him and then set up wish

Porygon-z: jirachi resists his stab and ice beam and takes nothing from him for SE, while paraflinching him to hell and recovering with wish. mence can pose an immediate threat as long as he doesn't switch into an ice beam.

Magnezone: if he comes in on jirachi, I pray for him not to have hp fire. otherwise, I pray to the hax gods to flinch him to death. this thing doesn't pose a threat to anyone else except gyara and I just wear it down.

Yanmega: ursaring comes in on status and then vappy comes in to ice beam its weaker special side. I lol at paralysed ones. jirachi resists air slash and body slams to paralyse it.

Zapdos: he takes a lot from mence and then jirachi can paralyse him and hax away. this guy doesn't enjoy repeatedly switching in on stealth rocks either.

Suicune: annoying, but I guess that vappy can come in on the resstalk ones that only carry surf, and he can subpass to ursaring against ice beaming ones. celebi can grass knot it to hell, I guess.

Ninjask: if he's leading, mence kills him with, well, anything. as he subs down, I hurt him and he can't get anything but speed passed, which is pointless once the enemy is paralysed.

Gallade: mence comes in on cc to kill it. otherwise, gyarados just eats him.

Kingdra: vappy can handle it.

Abomasnow: mence eats leads, which is the only reason to play obama

Umbreon: vappy subpasses, but the meanlook passer is annoying. I just have to hit him hard.

Alakazam: vappy can hurt him while not taking much back, provided he goes grass knot over energy ball. otherwise, mence can revenge kill and just about everything can kill a paralysed one.

Charizard: salamence can kill a fully set up bellyzard. otherwise, vappy.

Aerodactyl: vappy kills it fine

Problem pokemon
Raikou: annoying. this thing once set up kills me. when it's not set up, I just have to hit it really hard. hp grass gets owned by mence, and jirachi can throw try to help flinchhax him. if he gets paralysed (which means he doesn't have a sub up) then mence can take him if I can get him in. this guy is annoying.

Mismagius: he won't enjoy repeated zen headbutts if he doesn't have a sub up. but this guy is rather problematic.

Machamp: vappy can take some hits, but the confusion is pretty mean everywhere on the team. Then again, any team without Slowbro will have this problem. mence can come in when they don't have ice punch.

Lucario:
---Initial Switchin: salamence can come in on sd versions as they dance.
then I switch to vappy to scout for bullet punch and extremespeed. if he uses it, then I go back to 'mence to hit him hard, and take away half his boost.
---SDLuke: if he doesn't pack priority, I'm saved. mence can repeatedly come in, resisting close combat and intimidating. he easily kills with fire blast.
---SpecsLuke: jirachi, I guess. if he's locked into aura sphere, mence comes in. if he's locked into vacuum wave, same thing I guess. if he's locked into hp ice, vappy subs the switch. I have to predict perfectly or sacrifice something, though.

---Agili/MixLuke: vappy doesn't take much and surfs back at the blighter

Overall Prolbems
- Replacing gengar meant losing a sleep inducer and (not as big a problem) a spin blocker. I'd like to fit sleep somewhere on the team.

- I need to fit a sleep absorber somewhere. Something that actualy activates sleep clause

So that's the team. Rate/Hate/Fix away!

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Flashy presentation I must say...

Salamence being the lead is pretty cool I must say! Your Mence can still be slightly bulkier though. The full 252 Spe EVs aren't necessary as a lead as the fastest thing is Modest ScarfGar, which will always outspeed it and Yanmega with Speed Boost. Some Yanmega carries Hidden Power Ice so 216 EVs in Speed is all it needs to outspeed Yanmega after a Speed Boost. In my opinion, you should dump the remaining EVs into Defense to make it slightly bulkier. Don't underestimate 206 defense with Intimidate.

Seeing how your team spreads paralysis like crazy and with Ursaring that has Quick Feet, I would recommend going Adamant on it to hit everything harder since your team already has trouble doing so.

Be careful with the BoltBeam weakness there.

Ok I still see a CBHera weak. A smart player would use Stone Edge as they have already see Mence and can safely assume that's where you're going. Even with Intimidate you get OHKO'd.

Also, unfortunately for you Shaymin doesn't care about SE or Waterfall and has natural cure. Speced Seed Flare rips Gyrados apart. Even if you bring in a resist it gets raped by SR or the Sp. Def drop. Starmie is in the same position with Natural Cure and a BoltBeam.

A third Natural Curer is Celebi. What if it CM's on the switch to Salamence? Fire Blast from your Salamence does 34.41% - 40.59% to a CM'ed Celebi. What's stopping it passing that multiple boosts to two of your biggest threats (Raikou and Mismagius)?

I don't see how Gyrados is threatening to the best Natural Curers as 2 of them are the best Gyrados Counters in the game. Sure it stops Blissey cold but there are many better Natural Cure switch ins and most Curers happen to be Grass types.

Not Heracross weak. Anyone without Gliscor can be beaten by Hera if they don't predict well. However, seeing as the OP has a defensive rock resist to go to when Stone Edges are launched, as well as two Bug/Fighting resists with Intimidate. Hera coverage is solid.

Okay, regarding some of your problems, this is what I'd do.

First off, for Lucario, let's change up the Gyarados. Something you could try that's a little unorthodox is Rest/Sleep Talk/Thunder Wave/Waterfall Gyarados. That's pretty much something no one will ever expect to see. The only thing you need to do is outspeed Ttar and then for the rest, boost up on HP and Defense. It's not going to be sweeping, just supporting. The surprise alone as people think they have a free switch as they see Rest only to get paralyzed is pretty great. This would also double up as a pretty much near full proof Lucario counter, assume they're not CHing with Stone Edges.

The aforementioned Gyarados along with Celebi can help cover Machamp for the most part.

Now the trickier part is Mismagius. Sadly, the best way to go here as well is to make sure of what it has. If you're pretty confident it doesn't have Thunderbolt, it takes a CM to 3HKO a very high HP'd Gyarados, so you'll beat it one on one, especially if all it did was Substitute on the switch. If it DOES have Thunderbolt, you're better off going to Jirachi.

As for Raikou, this sadly will cost you one Poke. I'd say maybe slap Earthquake over Dragon Pulse on Mence as you'll be hit and running a lot and will probably use it. The EQ will guarantee something that is actually 100%, as well as is SE and isn't affected by the CM boosts. But should you end up not killing with something from Mence, at least Ursaring can revenge kill it. Assuming it's status'd already.

You said vappy kills infernape after it switches in. Well, ape is going to close combat ursurang, and then life orb grass knot vampy. How bout dusknoir over jirachi? I think it is the best resist to most pokemon that carry a fighting attack (Excluding weavile who vaporeon counters very nicely), and infernape cannot touch it, while it tosses around will-o-wisps, making it much harder to KO ursurang when the physical fighting move carriers are shot down with WoW.

Flashy presentation I must say...

Salamence being the lead is pretty cool I must say! Your Mence can still be slightly bulkier though. The full 252 Spe EVs aren't necessary as a lead as the fastest thing is Modest ScarfGar, which will always outspeed it and Yanmega with Speed Boost. Some Yanmega carries Hidden Power Ice so 216 EVs in Speed is all it needs to outspeed Yanmega after a Speed Boost. In my opinion, you should dump the remaining EVs into Defense to make it slightly bulkier. Don't underestimate 206 defense with Intimidate.

Seeing how your team spreads paralysis like crazy and with Ursaring that has Quick Feet, I would recommend going Adamant on it to hit everything harder since your team already has trouble doing so.

Be careful with the BoltBeam weakness there.
With that 252 Speed EVs, 1 Speed Boost yanmega is shot down by flamethrower, after many tests, I noticed that not 1 Yanmega has outsped the 252speed scarfed modest salamence, and that really packs a punch after they protect.

OK, first to attack every issue I see:
-Choice Band Tyranitar completely clears your team with Crunch. Vaporeon is 2HKOed, which is your main defense against it. Only through clever switches with Salamence can you avoid this, and you're liable to get OHKOed by Stone Edge.

-Stealth Rock is a bitch to you. Not only do you have two Pokes weak to it, Ursaring's sweeping potential is damaged by merely coming in, which is dangerous, especially against stall teams and Choice Scarfers.

-Aside from Ursaring, you are relatively easy to stall.

-Opposing Celebi, Shaymin or Breloom with Substitute can stall you for a long time.

-Ghosts can jack your strategy fairly well. Remember, all it takes is a Shadow Ball Special Defense Drop and Gengar will break Jirachi and therefore the rest of your team.

-Normal Choice Banders, I see, will destroy you. Jirachi can't take EarthQuakes as a defensively oriented Poke.

Spiritomb can help you out enormously over Gyarados as a ReStalker, it takes Sleep, and although it can't spread status like Gyara, it does Pursuits Mismagius, Gengar and beat Lucario, or at the very least, walls it. 132 Attack EVs means that you'll always break Mismagius' Substitutes with Pursuit and do 52% minimum to a 4 HP Lucario with Hidden Power Fighting. If Pursuit isn't your cup of tea on ReStalk Spiritomb, Shadow Ball and HP Fighting also works.

Celebi better have Recover, no amount of Special Defense is worth your Celebi losing to a Gyarados because it was at 35%. The 96 Special Attack is better placed in Defense and enough speed for Jolly Tyranitar(32 EVs).

Donpan, Starmie and Blastoise can all work well as Rapid Spinners for your rather offensive team, all in place of Vappy. Donphan and Blastiose retain defense, Donphan acting as a T-Tar counter and Blastoise as a Garchomp counter, with Starmie just there because it's awesome. If you're for off-the-beaten-path roads, Hitmontop is also there, but cannot cover things like the other three can.

That's remedying as much as I can think of right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)