Unpopular opinions

Well yeah, but you can only challenge Blissey Bases once per day and actually getting them and getting there is a hassle. It's just very inconvenient. The restaurant is easy access and I can challenge it as many times as I like.
Actually, each base owner can be invited into your base, allowing for two battles. Also, I have the six that take up that one Secret Base island, with mine not to far away, which combined with the Eon Flute makes it very easy.

Actually, each base owner can be invited into your base, allowing for two battles. Also, I have the six that take up that one Secret Base island, with mine not to far away, which combined with the Eon Flute makes it very easy.
Well yeah, but at the end of the day the point is it's still limited. You can't do it as many times as you like.

Well yeah, but at the end of the day the point is it's still limited. You can't do it as many times as you like.
But how often do you need to train that many Pokémon at once? At most, I train six, so that's two days worth of training if you are going for level 100, one if only level 50. It would honestly take a similar amount of time with Le Wow. And Blissey Bases are great for a Pokémon that needs 252 HP as well.

But how often do you need to train that many Pokémon at once? At most, I train six, so that's two days worth of training if you are going for level 100, one if only level 50. It would honestly take a similar amount of time with Le Wow. And Blissey Bases are great for a Pokémon that needs 252 HP as well.
Guess it depends on your purposes. Plus Le Wow always just... felt better. I can appreciate the blissey bases but there's something I really don't like about them at all.

Pfft, I just did a team of 6 up to level 100 myself in like 3 hours (though literally the first hour was spent waiting for the first run to finish). And, I still had one more Blissey base left over. I guess it just depends on the Pokemon being used.

The big thing is you need the 4x recharge rate and EXP Power 3 to really take advantage of it at any reasonable rate.

Pfft, I just did a team of 6 up to level 100 myself in like 3 hours (though literally the first hour was spent waiting for the first run to finish). And, I still had one more Blissey base left over. I guess it just depends on the Pokemon being used.

The big thing is you need the 4x recharge rate and EXP Power 3 to really take advantage of it at any reasonable rate.
I'm just rounding up to be honest. And you don't technically need the x4 rate if you have two games and two 3DSes. Just reset the second game (which has EXP Power Lv 3) when you need to.

OK, this is a sun and moon opinion, but it's an unpopular one.

Fairy is the new dragon.

There I said it, ever since empleon happened the speculation for wild types on starters such as ghost, steel or dragon ran rampant, that was until the cleffable nation parahaxed it's way into glory!

Simply put people are going wild with the speculation of Popplio going fairy, yes they basically want a high BST starter with more switch in opportunities than azumarrill, if that's even possible to achieve.

I just don't see it, is this the snowflake syndrome? The need to be special for the sake of being special, or genuine theorymon.

As far as I know the only sea mammalian with fairy folk myths attached where the narwhal and the walrus so why on earth am I seeing Popplio fanart that is pretty much rainbow dragon from yugi oh?

They put orbs everywhere and more neck frills than Kefka on a Saturday.

Any opinion on this?

Uh, not really. Other than wish-listers will wish, and I guess everyone wants Popplio's goofy looks to be made up for in some way. And well, so do I. Being a Fairy type might make it worth raising, especially if it has a good Hidden Ability.

OK, this is a sun and moon opinion, but it's an unpopular one.

Fairy is the new dragon.

There I said it, ever since empleon happened the speculation for wild types on starters such as ghost, steel or dragon ran rampant, that was until the cleffable nation parahaxed it's way into glory!

Simply put people are going wild with the speculation of Popplio going fairy, yes they basically want a high BST starter with more switch in opportunities than azumarrill, if that's even possible to achieve.

I just don't see it, is this the snowflake syndrome? The need to be special for the sake of being special, or genuine theorymon.

As far as I know the only sea mammalian with fairy folk myths attached where the narwhal and the walrus so why on earth am I seeing Popplio fanart that is pretty much rainbow dragon from yugi oh?

They put orbs everywhere and more neck frills than Kefka on a Saturday.

Any opinion on this?
I think it is a legitimate theory on what Popplio might evolve into. The frills are similar to other Fairies (especially Mega Audino) and it is partially based on a clown. And the only other clown Pokémon (Mr. Mime and Mime Jr.) are both Fairy-type.
Plus, having a Fairy starter would be different. And would be better than going the obvious route of either pure Water (which I never want to see for a long time since we have THREE) or Water/Ice.
Also, I just got the stupid narwhal song out of my head. And now it's back. I hope you are happy with yourself.

Norne I just want Popplio to be Fairy because I can envision a circus seal doubling as some sort of magician or something. It just appeals to me - the potential playfulness and eccentricity that could culminate in its evolutions and a Water / Fairy typing. But who knows, it might be bland as possible and just go straight Water, or a dual typing we've seen before.

I stand corrected, shedding their skin to become human, man this is the inverse of the Mexican witches that rip apart their own skin to become beasts XD.

And yes Popplio and fairy type is a hot topic due to people wish listing and expectations, but I'm still confused as to why the fan artists just seem to put their overestilized milotic seals on a fight with a bedazzler gun...the sad part is that the bedazzler gun won.

I stand corrected, shedding their skin to become human, man this is the inverse of the Mexican witches that rip apart their own skin to become beasts XD.

And yes Popplio and fairy type is a hot topic due to people wish listing and expectations, but I'm still confused as to why the fan artists just seem to put their overestilized milotic seals on a fight with a bedazzler gun...the sad part is that the bedazzler gun won.
Because it's fanart. Which is, as we all know, always overdone.
Game Freak rarely "overdoes" a design. Generally, designs are simple, with only some details really standing out.
Fanart designs are 9/10 times overdone, with far too much effort/detail put into it.

Norne I just want Popplio to be Fairy because I can envision a circus seal doubling as some sort of magician or something.
Do you really think that GameFreak would do another magician starter in the next generation? Heck, that magician went Psychic type and Fairy was available as a type then. Then again, it was part of a trio paying homage to to the RPG archetype of warrior, mage, and rogue, so who knows.

I despise the low use of Waterfall in-game outside the battle: often, you have to use it only before the League and not much else.
Luckily, it is one of the few HMs useful even when battling.
I'd like to see much more areas in-game before the League not explorable before and -if possible- relevant for the plot.

I'd even wish to see the HMs Whirlpool, Dive, Cut, Rock Climb revamped; some ideas:
(1) Whirlpool makes sense as the Water type version of Cut (which gets rid of basic obstacles) but it should have more room in the plot. Low usage in-game = annoying when you have to use it.
(2) Dive, such as Rock Climb, has the potential to expand explorable areas from the earth/soil and the surface of seas/lakes to the deep sea but, in actual fact, it is a filler move.
(3) Rock Climb has the same problem: good idea to make mountains more useful, but low practical use (albeit greater than the Sub's one in HG/SS).

I want to see some changes into the HMs:
* Strenght, which should include the effects of Cut and Rock Smash
* Surf, which should include the effects of Sub and Whirlpool
* Waterfall is ok, but more usage really makes the difference
* Same thing for Rock Climb
* Fly is always good

I want pokemon games be similar to the Legend of Zelda ones: you have basic items/abilities, but a ton of upgrades. That's only my opinion.

The Grass-Fire-Water trio makes sense for a beginner, but a fourth choice seems interesting. A sort of what happens in Pokemon Yellow, but without being forced to pick Pikachu and with the possibility to pick a good 3-stages pokemon of the region (maybe a Normal type to avoid being broken) such as Lillipup. This allows the player to begin the plot in an unfavourable position due to the lack of super-effective STAB moves.

Last edited:
I despise the low use of Waterfall in-game outside the battle: often, you have to use it only before the League and not much else.
I'd like to see much more areas in-game before the League not explorable before and -if possible- relevant for the plot.

I'd even wish to see the HMs Whirlpool, Sub, Cut, Rock Climb revamped; some ideas:
(1) Whirlpool makes sense as the Water type version of Cut (which gets rid of basic obstacles) but it should have more room in the plot. Low usage in-game = annoying when you have to use it.
(2) Sub, such as Rock Climb, has the potential to expand explorable areas from the earth/soil and the surface of seas/lakes to the deep sea but, in actual fact, it is a filler move.
(3) Rock Climb has the same problem: good idea to make mountains more useful, but low practical use (albeit greater than the Sub's one in HG/SS).

* Fly is always good

I want pokemon games be similar to the Legend of Zelda ones: you have basic items/abilities, but a ton of upgrades. That's only my opinion.

The Grass-Fire-Water trio makes sense for a beginner, but a fourth choice seems interesting. A sort of what happens in Pokemon Yellow, but without being forced to pick Pikachu and with the possibility to pick a good 3-stages pokemon of the region (maybe a Normal type to avoid being broken) such as Lillipup. This allows the player to begin the plot in an unfavourable position due to the lack of super-effective STAB moves.
When you say "sub" you mean Dive, right?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So you're saying Keldeo should be Water/Fairy? :P

Norne I just want Popplio to be Fairy because I can envision a circus seal doubling as some sort of magician or something. It just appeals to me - the potential playfulness and eccentricity that could culminate in its evolutions and a Water / Fairy typing. But who knows, it might be bland as possible and just go straight Water, or a dual typing we've seen before.
Let's just watch and wait to see what happens. We honestly won't know until maybe its middle evolution. Because right now I would say pure Water (maybe with a very slight chance of Water/Fairy, but it'll honestly have to change its appearance to a much more clownish creature before I would be on board completely).

Because it's fanart. Which is, as we all know, always overdone.
Game Freak rarely "overdoes" a design. Generally, designs are simple, with only some details really standing out.
Fanart designs are 9/10 times overdone, with far too much effort/detail put into it.
Just look up fanart of Mega Evolution ideas... Yes, Mega Lucario, Blaziken, and Rayquaza maybe a bit overdesigned but they're exceptions as if you look at the others they generally are within reason (they take a trait of that Pokemon and build upon it).

I'd even wish to see the HMs Whirlpool, Sub, Cut, Rock Climb revamped; some ideas:
(2) Sub, such as Rock Climb, has the potential to expand explorable areas from the earth/soil and the surface of seas/lakes to the deep sea but, in actual fact, it is a filler move.

* Fly is always good

While I wouldn't combine them I would like more locations where you can use the HMs, especially for end game exploration. Like with all the mountains/cliffs regions have it would be easy to place a waterfall somewhere on it and put a location or entrance to a secluded part of a cave to explore after going up it (same with Rock Climb, if not easier since you could place the climbable rocks anywhere).

Hopefully with Gen VII being based on Hawaii they'll improve the water HM use considerably.

However I wouldn't combine HMs together, I think it would be better just leaving HMs for extra exploration and leaving the paths you need to go through being hazardless like in Gen V (which would make sense as it would be the main path everyone uses). Water routes will have ferries in this case. This would also make it feel like you're going through rarely explored area, having to use your Pokemon to get through.

As for Starters, they're suppose to both teach you about the type match-ups while also providing a strong Pokemon to use at the start. You get Pokemon of neutral type on the first route you can catch Pokemon so catch one, train it to Level 5 or whatever level you feel comfortable using it, and box your Starter.

* Fly is always good
Um...Dive isn't an HM at all in Generation IV.
I do agree that most of the HMs suck and should be improved somehow.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
So you're saying Keldeo should be Water/Fairy? :P

Let's just watch and wait to see what happens. We honestly won't know until maybe its middle evolution. Because right now I would say pure Water (maybe with a very slight chance of Water/Fairy, but it'll honestly have to change its appearance to a much more clownish creature before I would be on board completely).

Just look up fanart of Mega Evolution ideas... Yes, Mega Lucario, Blaziken, and Rayquaza maybe a bit overdesigned but they're exceptions as if you look at the others they generally are within reason (they take a trait of that Pokemon and build upon it).

While I wouldn't combine them I would like more locations where you can use the HMs, especially for end game exploration. Like with all the mountains/cliffs regions have it would be easy to place a waterfall somewhere on it and put a location or entrance to a secluded part of a cave to explore after going up it (same with Rock Climb, if not easier since you could place the climbable rocks anywhere).

Hopefully with Gen VII being based on Hawaii they'll improve the water HM use considerably.

However I wouldn't combine HMs together, I think it would be better just leaving HMs for extra exploration and leaving the paths you need to go through being hazardless like in Gen V (which would make sense as it would be the main path everyone uses). Water routes will have ferries in this case. This would also make it feel like you're going through rarely explored area, having to use your Pokemon to get through.

As for Starters, they're suppose to both teach you about the type match-ups while also providing a strong Pokemon to use at the start. You get Pokemon of neutral type on the first route you can catch Pokemon so catch one, train it to Level 5 or whatever level you feel comfortable using it, and box your Starter.
Wait... Ferries? You just gave me a great idea: Having areas that would normally be passable by using an HM be accessible by vehicle for a small fee! Also, I really tried to like Mega Houndoom's design but I just can't bring myself to. Why is there a skull on its chest? How is it mobile / agile in any way?

Pokemon Insurgence (fan game) did something pretty interesting. The game had HM's as normal but hid key items around the map that could replace HMs. Things like a machete for using Cut, scuba gear for using dive and a flashlight for using flash.

I hope GF implements something like this. It's really convenient and doesn't force you to carry HM's on your mons later in the game.

Pokemon Insurgence (fan game) did something pretty interesting. The game had HM's as normal but hid key items around the map that could replace HMs. Things like a machete for using Cut, scuba gear for using dive and a flashlight for using flash.

I hope GF implements something like this. It's really convenient and doesn't force you to carry HM's on your mons later in the game.
While that sounds awesome and would make ingame teams so much better, I think the point of HMs are to show the amazing thing that your Pokemon can do. Like yeah, there are boats in the game, but isn't it so much cooler and more environmentally friendly to surf on a Pokemon? I agree that HMs are annoying, but I think their use is important to the message Pokemon is trying to send about working together with your Pokemon to get stuff done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 12)