Other Unofficial Metagames Premier League - Week 4

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1620615568112.png

Discord | UMPL sheet

Amazing Art by Pujo
Tournament hosted by Apagogie, cromagnet, and Jett
Commencement | Administrative Decisions
Welcome to the first edition of Unofficial Metagames Premier League (UMPL)! This is an all-out team tournament among players from 1v1, Anything Goes, ZU, and NFE, who will compete in a 5-week round robin. The top 3 teams will then move on to playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned UMPL champions!

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for 1v1 slots, which are best of five.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

1620615816262.png
1620615837665.png
1620615845617.png

(3) The Star Road Lunala vs The Gliding Grookey (5)
SS 1v1: D2TheW vs 85percent
SS 1v1: BlanchedAlmond vs Itchyy
SS AG: xavgb vs Fardin
SS AG: lotiasite vs PinkDragonTamer
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Monsareeasy
SS NFE: Hys vs frisoeva
SS ZU: Aaronboyer vs TJ
SS ZU: czim vs EviGaro

1620615824134.png
1620615838843.png
1620615852565.png

(3) The Mankey Monkes vs The Zealous Zweilous (5)
SS 1v1: Scraftionite vs Mishlef
SS 1v1: Krytocon vs Trashuny
SS AG: Royal1604 vs Fc
SS AG: Pannuracotta vs jerryl309
SS NFE: Skysolo vs Greybaum
SS NFE: ojr vs pileosand
SS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs Landon
SS ZU: Hitmonstars vs Maki
1620615832472.png
1620615839795.png
1620615859002.png

(2) We Sawk! vs The Aesthetic Articuno (6)
SS 1v1: smely socks vs Potatochan
SS 1v1: Mubs vs Yami
SS AG: Geysers vs WSun1
SS AG: Rotten vs Bread Sandwich
SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs tlenit
SS NFE: melancholy hills vs OranBerryBlissey10
SS ZU: daniYSB vs 5gen
SS ZU: Tuthur vs Quagg
Deadline is May 16 at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:
Got my positive score of 4-2 in w3, so I'm 7-11 overall. Let's hope for another week of a good score.

SS NFE: King Leo V vs Monsareeasy (52:48)
Another matchup where both players have been in the same crew. The difference between w3 and now is that both are "experienced" NFE players.
Both are also equal in a lot of ways. Always able to keep the match close even in worse positions, hardly makes any bad plays, and hasn't paid much attention/activity at DLC2 NFE lol... Arctic's a better builder while Leo's a better player. Though both have strong team support and they are still not at their peak at the moment. So it's a close match because of it. IMO the teams don't matter as much and it's just more on who will be the better player in this match. I'll give it to Leo just the slight reason that I don't vibe with what Arctic has brought, and Leo makes less bad plays.
This match is the closest one for this week.

SS NFE: Hys vs Frisoeva (45:55)
Uhhhh... there's not much I could say sorry. Hys is still a great player, but Frisoeva is better overall. And I see both of them are still out of touch with the current meta in some ways. Hys is still one of the best builders NFE has to offer, but Friso can absolutely build what he wants and is able to win with them. So I'm just giving the Friso the predicted win here by just being the better player alone, and taken notice he is playing better. Still a close match that could go either way.

SS NFE: Skysolo vs Greybaum (60:40)
Skysolo just defeated another top NFE player in a row, the absolute madlad lmao. Greybaum made some good adjustments, but I don't think that would be enough to stop the momentum Skysolo is having right now. Not that he doesn't have a chance, but I find it difficult to see Greybaum being able to upset Skysolo. However, I don't think Skysolo would be threatening Greybaum's playstyle and I'm sure Greybaum is able to prepare against him. Either way, I've been amazed at the performance on Skysolo and obviously will predict him winning this. But also go Greybaum.

SS NFE: Ojr vs Pileosand (55:45)
I think both of them had their unfortunates from week 3. Ojr with the bad matchup and Pileosand losing Kadabra by the early sleep roll. Now between those, I think Ojr's going to win. Mostly because I think his playstyle will work effectively against Pileosand. Pileosand has her stronger and more optimal builds, but if Ojr's team works for him then it would not be easy for Pileosand, though the team he brought against Tox risks him losing against more matchups so he should be aware of that. Both of them have shown to play more aggressively, so it may be a quick one or just that defensive pp outstall endgame lol. I'll predict Ojr for winning as he's the better and playstyle alone. However, the meta does somewhat not favor his playstyle and Pileosand can change her playstyle so it's not as favored as I would think. So go both, but more to Ojr >:)

SS NFE: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Tlenit (55:45)
Aka PU vs ZU in a sense. Ho3n has had an absolute run after w1, and I've been impressed what ho3n has served. I underestimated Tlenit too, but I don't think he would win over Ho3n. Ho3n has shown to be the better player and builder right now in comparison. Though what I've learned from week 1 is never doubting Tlenit. This is why the ratio is closer than it sounds like. I'll just guess that this match could last long, but I've seen both of them bring offense so I've no idea really. Go both, but Ho3n more ;)

SS NFE: Rav3ndan vs OranBerryBlissey10 (60:40)
I thought I was going to write less, but a pleasant surprise to see Oran. Now as someone that has played against Oran most out of anyone, he's someone under the right circumstances who would beat any players if they don't know or are prepared against him. However, I don't think that would work on Rav3. Rav3 acknowledges Oran, and he has ho3n with him: aka one of few that should know Oran as a player out of anyone else besides me lol. Now Oran's builds have brought more standardized stuff in it, but he's still solid by innovating new things and they work. However, Rav3 has also been very innovative himself, if at all I like his innovation more than Oran. Rav3 is the better player, but Oran is something I wouldn't fuck around. He had crazy improvement months ago as a player, and I mean that as someone who used to beat him more than anyone else, and now he's giving me a difficult time. But still, Oran has those flaws as a player so Rav3's still better. I think it's up to decide if Oran will make this match last long or end it average. Usually, I would say quick, but NFE right now has an average of like 50 turns so lol. Rav3 should win here if he's prepared on whatever Oran brings and the plays he will do.

SS NFE: Melancholy Hills vs OranBerryBlissey10 (45:55)
No reason, just think Oran will win here.

Btw Xavgb vs Fardin is such a heat MU just for their avatar alone. And I've been loving to watch the 1v1 matches recently, thank you guys for providing more matches to enjoy :blobuwu:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)