XY OU Unlucky n bad (Peaked 1851)

Hello everyone! I'm Misicloud, spanish competitive Pokémon player, specialized on OU and VGC, and this will be my first RMT, a team that have achieved 1851 peak.
Although I have made very good teams (especially in BW), I never laddered before seriously and even less I decided to make a RMT, so here we go with this first.

I wanted a team with Jirachi and Terrakion because they are two Pokémon that I liked a lot in BW and I think since Aegislash ban both they are much more viable in XY, so I started it. And I decided to make a semistall.​

TEAM PREVIEW

TEAM IN DEPHT

Satélite (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi. One of my favourite competitive mons during the BW era due to its big versatibility back then. Sadly in XY era, due to steel types nerf it has become week to Pursuit trappers and Knock Off spam, so its use has declined. Also, Aegislash was limiting a lot its use becasue it was in almost all the teams and it was a free switch-in for the sword. But now things has changed. Aegislash is gone meaning that now Jirachi is Mega Gardevoir's best counter and also to the Latitwins (both 3 mons that are very common in the actual OU metagame), so I decided to use it for my first time in XY, with big results. The EVs are put into HP and Sp Def to tank hits from the Pokémon mentioned before with a bit of speed to speed creep some base 100 speed defensive mons. It is also a semireliable check to CM Clefable as it takes 40% from a +1 Flamethrower. If I get trapped by Magnezone I can PP stall/kill it with Body Slam wishing all the time (as long as I don't get parahaxed lol). Jirachi can also switch into Mega Venusaur and hax it till it dies to flinches. Body Slam is very usefull since it spreads paras to some Pokés that want to switch-in (like Scarftran or Landorus-T). I could have Protect to get the wishes 100% of the time but I prefer Stealth Rock because Jirachi is the most viable mon to set up rocks in my team.

Altos Toros (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Choice Banded Terrakion. Pokémon I love since BW for its sheer power, capable of 2HKOing (almost) every pokemon in the XY OU metagame with only its dual stab. Terrakion has a very good speed tier in tier in 108,which makes him outspeed a big portion of the metagame. Close Combat hits very hard to anything that does not resist it (2HKOs Skarm lol). Stone Edge hits what CC does not, like Zapdos or Landorus-T. EQ is for Doublade and for those situations where you have to hit (like vs a Zard X). X-Scissor is mainly for Slowbro, Celebi and Lati@s. Here we have some interesting calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 319-376 (98.7 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 178-210 (55.6 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 159-187 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 265-313 (83 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 176-207 (58.2 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 294-346 (97.3 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 154-182 (48.2 - 57%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO

Reila (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

All good semistall needs a good physical wall and, on this case, fed up to see Mega-Medicham destroying my teams, I've choosen Slowbro, who can stop it easily if not carries Thunderpunch (rarely). EVs maximizes HP and Def. The moves are Scald for STAB + chance to burn, Psyshock like a second STAB and to hit SubDD Gyarados without allowing it to boost and also to win Keldeo on 1vs1, Slack Off for recovery and finally Toxic like a status move since I don't have another Toxic on my team and Jirachi is able to paralyze. It's easy to lead with it if you see Garchomp or Landorus-T on your opponent's team because they are mainly the leads. If Garchomp uses Stealth Rock it can be burned by Scald as well it takes a great damage, and Landorus-T should use U-Turn revealing if it's offensive or deffensive just seeing the damage. If you see Mega-Charizard-X you must switch-in Slowbro and poison it before it sweeps you, and obviously you must switch against Mega-Medicham too. With Sylveon, it also the mainly option to stop Keldeo. You should rembember Slowbro's ability Regenerator, what allows it to pivot a lot of times in the battle.

PiolínSSJ3 (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos is the defogger who my team needed and also the Pokémon who gives me momentum and switch-ins to my sweepers. EVs maximizes HP and Def but I let 20 on Spe to outspeed Adamant Bisharp. Voltswitch is the STAB and gives you momemtum assuming Thunderbolt don't OHKOes Pinsir and it's the only damage that really matters. Heat Wave is the second offensive move, and allows you to count easily all Scizor versions and switch-in against Ferrothorn to Defog and hits it if stands against you. Also you can hit very hard Bisharp if it switch-ins predicting Defog. There is not much to explain about Defog, just too remove hazards, and Roost for recovery.

Agnès (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell​

Here it is my special wall and the healer of the team. Sylveon it's a Pokémon who I hated a lot at the XY start because I don't liked the idea of a new type, but finally I love it like a special wall since the results who it gaved to me. EVs maximizes HP and SpD. Sylevon is able to switch-in against almost special sweepers on the meta and also stop it (the exceptions are Latitwins, Landorus-I if carries Sludge Wave and Gengar mainly). Even Scarftran can't really hurt Sylveon with Flash Cannon, assuming it should switch out after hit you because you have a lot of switch-ins against this move. Thundurus isn't a problem too because even if it uses Taunt still receiving 2HKO from Hyper Voice and it can't hit you really hard. Wish and Protect make a very reliable recovery combo and allows you to scout choiced mons, and Heal Bell removes the status problems from the whole team.

Neo Bahamut (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

As the last member of my team, my mega. With two specially deffensive mons, two physically deffensive mons and a physical sweeper, I wanted another being capable of doing it by the special side. I choose Charizard-Y to do that. I didn't have grass type attacks, and Quagsire could have give me problems. And assuming I had a defogger, everything was perfect for that mon, so I included it. EVS maximizes SpA and Spe. Fire Blast at sunlight destroys almost everything trying to face him, and Solar Beam has a really good coverage. Then the typical Focus Blast for Heatran and Tyranitar, but I have so bad luck, so I choose Earthquake with hits both hard enough, and also gives me the option to 2HKO Mega-Charizard-X if it enters with rocks on the field to endure a Fire Blast (thing it does really often). Roost at last move helps us to stay longer in the field, giving us reliable recovery.

THREAT LIST

The truly dangerous one is the SD version. Zapdos outspeeds if Adamant, so even if it hits harder it will do it later. Without Zapdos it can become a real danger. Terrakion revenge kills it, but still will kill one mon when it enters. Watch out for Defog predicts when bisharp is still alive.

Literally nothing enters in front of it and endures more than 2 hits. Zapdos, Charizard and Terrakion (last one only if at full HP) can Revenge Kill it, but it's almost sure that it will kill once at least when it enters. Really dangerous.

Outspeeds literally the whole team and makes a lot of damage to all of them. The best option is to try killing it fast enough, or try to finish it by recoil if Life Orb with Sylveon, but if it gets poisoned with Sludge Bomb this could be the end.

It also can make a lot of damage to the whole team, but you can take it down by predicting. If you can enter with jirachi, try to paralize it with no doubt.

This thing's only dangerous if it haves Thunderpunch. In that case do the exact same thing you did with Heracross and try to get in with Charizard to destroy it or with Jirachi to paralyze it. If it doesn't carry Thunderpunch Slowbro will fully stop it.

If Choice Banded it can really hurt a lot Zapdos and Slowbro, but you can realise it is Banded after seeing the damage and predict it easily. The Assault Vest version won't give any trouble. If Belly Drum you must Voltswitch it and then send Charizard to the field to activate sun, after that switch out again and finish it off, the best option for that is Jirachi.

The problem will be we don't know it's set, so Sylveon should switch in against a possible Substitute to hit it with Hyper Voice. If it doesn't carry Substitute we can poison it with Slowbro. Anyway it's a very dangerous threat.

It literally destroys the whole team carrying a Life Orb. Charizard and Terrakion can Revenge Kill it but no one of our defensive mons can deal with it. If it carries Low Kick can also destroy Terrakion.

Slowbro can poison it if it don't carries Substitute. If it has, you should try to hold it with Jirachi. Sylveon can help thanks to it's Hyper Voice but if it carries Iron Head it's going to destroy Sylveon.

If it haves Crunch and boosts with Dragon Dance can just destroy my entirely team. If it doesn't have Crunch, Slowbro can deal with it using Toxic. Another option can be use Scald and try to burn it, but if it boosts again and you don't get the burn it's GG. If it's not the Dragon Dancer, you can easily deal with it.

With its ability Shadowtag can trap and destroy our walls easily. It is a Pokémon that does not need much explanation but you need to be very careful with it.

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-171579679 >>
VS Sandrush
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169394410 >> VS Aka DH (with SD Bisharp)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169033594 >> VS a lot of hax

PEAK PROOF

EXPORTABLE
Satelite (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Neo Bahamut (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Altos Toros (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Agnes (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Reila (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

PiolinSSJ3 (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Thanks to A13X and Arkanus for helping me doing the RMT :)

Last edited:
If I change Terrakion to Scarf I'm probably losing against all stall teams. What I like from Terrakion Band is its destructive power, and Scarf Terrakion can't destroy as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)