XY RU Unique Meloetta-P and CM Cobalion Team

Been wanting to create make one for this Team ever since Zoroark and Yanmega got Banned so here it is; This will be my First RMT in Forums so I hope you guys can check it out and can feedback :) but without furthermore,Here is my Current Team

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Knock Off

Normally, They usually carry Life Orb but AV is there for to take care of Clawitzer (if it's AV that is) and Jolteon. Relic Song allows you to Switch forms and with Serene Grace, there's a chance it might put your Opponent's Pokemon to sleep which is always Nice. Close Combat and Return are STAB and Nothing really wants to take a Hit barring Doublade and Rhyperior is 2HKOed by Close Combat. Knock Off is there so you won't get walled by Doublade.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

hehe now CM Cobalion might not look good by some Individuals it gets rid of things that Meloetta has problems with. Calm Mind boosts my SpA to Heaven. Focus Blast and Flash Cannon rounds up the Coverage. HP Ghost Hits Doublade and just for Doublade tbh. here are some Calcs that show Cobalion's Power
+2 252 SpA Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Amoonguss: 219-258 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- 81.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+2 252 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ghost vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 238-282 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Cobalion Focus Blast vs. 212 HP / 252+ SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 469-555 (110.6 - 130.8%)
-- guaranteed OHKO

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Been wanting to try this set out. 128 speed is to out speed Uninvest base 95 Pokes. Knock Off and Poison Jab again, give Great Coverage. EQ hits Opposing Drapions and the Rare Skunktank. This thing will do lots of Damage and doesn't matter if you resist it's STAB because it will do alot of Damage

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Gligar is here so I don't get sweeped by Hitmonlee and to have a Defogger. EQ gives Good Coverage. Roost is for a Recovery Move, Toxic to weaken Foes. you can use Knock Off or Acrobatics over EQ to hits things such as Virizon, Hitmonlee, etc

Clawitzer @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Clawitzer is a very Dangerous Pokemon in RU. Mega Launcher Boosts it's Pulse/Sphere Moves. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse serve their coverage. Scald is for the Burn Chance and Ice Beam hits Gligar, Tangrowth and Amoonguss with decent Damage

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Ah Durant, Banded Durant hits like a Trunk. Nothing can really Safely switch in expect maybe Gligar but it will get dented by Iron Head. Crunch 2HKOs Doublade. Iron Head and X-scissor Provide Coverage but gets walled by Moltres and Superpower hits Steels Types such as Cobalion, Magneton, Registeel

Threat ListJolteon- can mess up my Team if Meloetta is gone and I need to play around it
Delphox- Especially CM Delphox can cause Trouble to my Team
Hitmonlee- like I said before, Hitmonlee can sweep me if Gligar isn't around

Shout Out to The Bravest Birds for helping me with some of the Sets :]

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi man, pretty interesting team, but i feel there are some ways to make it better.

You mentioned that you struggle a lot with Delphox and Jolteon, and there's actually a pretty easy fix to that, and that's to try Assault Vest Druddigon over Clawitzer. Honestly i think Clawitzer is better off doing other things than using Assault Vest (especially with AV Slowking in the tier), but Druddigon holds it quite well imo. With Assault Vest Druddigon equipped on your team, you have a solid switch in to both Jolteon and Delphox, as well as a way to revenge kill both of them in a pinch in the form of Sucker Punch. Druddigon still hits quite hard and has some excellent coverage to boot, so you shouldn't have to worry about losing any of the power Clawitzer provided, importable below.

Druddigon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

Secondly, while the moveset itself on Meloetta looks fine to me, the EV spread and the item don't seem like the best idea to me. Even though Meloetta-P is pretty fast, it still finds itself too slow with no Speed investment (it can't even outrun Moltres with your current spread), so i'd suggest maximizing Meloetta's Speed. This lets you speed tie with Moltres and other Meloetta as regular Meloetta, and outspeed max Speed Hitmonlee as well, and outspeed pretty much every unboosted threat bar Jolteon as Meloetta-P. I'd also suggest changing Assault Vest on Meloetta to Life Orb, considering that now that you have Druddigon you no longer need it for Jolteon, and the extra power is always nice!

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Return

A Jolly nature is used over Hasty because Relic Song isn't really being used to deal damage, merely to set up Meloetta in melo-P. I don't see a reason to boost its power, and running a Jolly nature lets you take priority better in a pinch

Third, your current Drapion spread doesn't really hit any important speed benchmark (nothing with base 95 Speed runs a boosting nature and no Speed investment), so i'd consider increasing the investment a little bit, possibly up to max Speed base 80's such as Shiftry and Kabutops (260 Speed), or to Adamant Hitmonlee(274 Speed).

Hope i helped!

Note: you currently lack Stealth Rock, so you could make Druddigon a Stealth Rock varient too, although that means you lose out on some special bulk, set below.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch

Last edited:
Hi man, pretty interesting team, but i feel there are some ways to make it better.

You mentioned that you struggle a lot with Delphox and Jolteon, and there's actually a pretty easy fix to that, and that's to try Assault Vest Druddigon over Clawitzer. Honestly i think Clawitzer is better off doing other things than using Assault Vest (especially with AV Slowking in the tier), but Druddigon holds it quite well imo. With Assault Vest Druddigon equipped on your team, you have a solid switch in to both Jolteon and Delphox, as well as a way to revenge kill both of them in a pinch in the form of Sucker Punch. Druddigon still hits quite hard and has some excellent coverage to boot, so you shouldn't have to worry about losing any of the power Clawitzer provided, importable below.

Druddigon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

Secondly, while the moveset itself on Meloetta looks fine to me, the EV spread and the item don't seem like the best idea to me. Even though Meloetta-P is pretty fast, it still finds itself too slow with no Speed investment (it can't even outrun Moltres with your current spread), so i'd suggest maximizing Meloetta's Speed. This lets you speed tie with Moltres and other Meloetta as regular Meloetta, and outspeed max Speed Hitmonlee as well, and outspeed pretty much every unboosted threat bar Jolteon as Meloetta-P. I'd also suggest changing Assault Vest on Meloetta to Life Orb, considering that now that you have Druddigon you no longer need it for Jolteon, and the extra power is always nice!

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Return

A Jolly nature is used over Hasty because Relic Song isn't really being used to deal damage, merely to set up Meloetta in melo-P. I don't see a reason to boost its power, and running a Jolly nature lets you take priority better in a pinch

Third, your current Drapion spread doesn't really hit any important speed benchmark (nothing with base 95 Speed runs a boosting nature and no Speed investment), so i'd consider increasing the investment a little bit, possibly up to max Speed base 80's such as Shiftry and Kabutops (260 Speed), or to Adamant Hitmonlee(274 Speed).

Hope i helped!

Note: you currently lack Stealth Rock, so you could make Druddigon a Stealth Rock varient too, although that means you lose out on some special bulk, set below.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
alright cool, Thanks man :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)