UFOs!!!!! Secret Files Released!!!!!

"The first step in a 3 - 4 year program to release the (UK) Governments entire archive of UFO files" started yesterday on May 16th 2008 according to a formal official on the UK Ministry of defense. In the first batch of files released there are "about 2000 pages of documentation" including a "truly amazing case where a UFO traveled 12 nautical miles in 10 seconds" when being tracked by govenment equipment.

When the Chairmen of the British UFO Research Assn. was asked why the files are be released he replayed with " I don't really know."

The files are being released after the Vatican said its ok to believe in aliens, which is a very very odd statement followed by a very odd event.

You're most likely wondering if this release also contains files that talk about life on other planets....YES.

But why are they taking 4 years?
Do you think we are alone?
Why is the UK releasing them?
Why won't the US join them?

Watch it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the British Gov wont be so bad with Tony Blair gone! If only they would release there files on 7/11.

Brown's just as bad as Blair on the Nu-Lab Thatcherite-wannabe scale. Sad, really.. Bring back Clause IV.

I like how all the footage that is playing looks pretty fake, lol.

Kinda random for the Vatican A-OK'ing Aliens, but there hasn't been any official word of them saying anything.

You think the Pope had some sort of visitation and the reason he walks around so stiffly is that he was anal probed?

I am glad that the information is to be released, I kinda wish that I can actually read up of the factual events on places like Roswell and not the conspiracy theories that plague the internet

Oh man, so I think there are a couple things that we must deduce from what little information we have right now.

1) These aren't crackpot reports. A majority of these reports seem to be from British Government officials, army pilots, air traffic controllers and police officers. Many of these cases have multiple credible witnesses.

2) The British government obviously deemed that these files were to inflammatory to have been released before. Wouldn't they just dismiss bullshit reports as just that, bullshit?

3) Governments in general are becoming more liberal with UFO information.

With the Vatican's announcement and the opening of the British files it will be interesting to see if other countries follow suit. The United States, Mexico and Brazil would all be nations that interest me because of a large influx of sightings in those nations.

Everyone should be on the look regarding information coming out of England regarding the Rendlesham Forrest Incident. This is generally regarded as the British "Roswell" and was all most exclusively witnessed by military officers at a joint US-British base in England.

This is big time folks, makes me wonder why it is not being reported on more...

Btw, I just told my Mom about this and her first reactions was...

Well I hope their friendly! I just worry, what if they were the Taliban?!
America makes me sad sometimes...

The weirdest part of this as far as I am concerned is the fact that the Pope said it is a o k to believe in extra terrestrial life forms the day before the UK makes this move.

The weirdest part of this as far as I am concerned is the fact that the Pope said it is a o k to believe in extra terrestrial life forms the day before the UK makes this move.
I know what you mean. If you believe on the church or not is not the case, but how a religion that has a very narrow mind accepts such a thing is a bit interesting, and that's true is a coincidence.

Now these documents maybe aren't irrefutable proofs, but when was the last time a Government did this anyway?. It's pretty much like accepting there is a record of these encounters.

I love this stuff. Thanks for the video. This is a real historic event. And it kind of shows how the US as a nation is falling more and more behind everyone. I doubt our foolish government will ever admit to our UFO records, as they're just a bunch of fanatic, religious old farts. Anyhow, this video also has tons of evidence from very well credited officials from around the world http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

It's called the Disclosure Project, and it was released 2 years ago. It's long, but very interesting stuff if you're into this.

Maybe when Jesus said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold", he meant other planets, not other religions. :P Personally, I'll believe aliens when I see them (but I likely won't believe the stereotypical crap when I see it), but that doesn't mean I've ruled out the possibility.

I think it's good that the UK is letting the public in on these kinds of things, because a democracy isn't very democratic when the people aren't involved. The negative side is that all of those conspiracy theory people will be dishing out their premature "I told you so"s.

i really agree with one of the people who was interviewed when he said that this could just be another PR campaign. honestly, the reports that have been released so far are flimsy at best and i really believe that the rest will be as well. it is only taking so much time to release this information because they have so much of it and, as said in the by one of the interviewed men, they have to remove all personal information and any information that reveals too much about their technological ability.

I'm pessimistic about this. None of the so called "British" guys actually sound english at all. That minister of defence sounds more like He's putting on the accent.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UFO != Alien, it means just that, a flying object where we don't know what it is.

It could be a missile test, a new plane, a bird, a hot-air balloon, a meteor, debris from a satellite, or any number of other things. It doesn't mean alien.

In other words, it's not that the information was necessarily "inflammatory" that made the British government not release the information before now, but because it could be important to the military.

I might take the opening post a bit more seriously if you didn't include so many exclamation points.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
something travelling at 2 miles per second doesn't sound much like a spacecraft to me tbh, a spacecraft that came all the way here would be travelling waaaay faster

besides, Obi's got the right idea. UFO doesn't necessarily mean alien. it does sound like a PR stunt considering no government would ever release truly sensitive information if they know what's good for them.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't load the video because I have no sound, so I can only comment on what's been posted.

Assuming cookie is right that the object was traveling at 2 miles per second, that sounds like a huge figure. In astronomical terms, it is not.

The speed of the Earth's rotation at the equator is about .3 miles per second. The Earth is traveling around the Sun at a speed of about 19 miles per second. The Sun is traveling through the galaxy at about 150 (estimates vary) miles per second.

The nearest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.22 light years away. Light travels at about 186,000 miles per second.

186,000 mi/s * 60 s/min * 60 min/h * 24 h/d * 365.24 d/y = 5,869,552,896,000 mi/y * 4.22 y = 24,769,513,221,120 mi

That is the distance in miles away from us the nearest star is (and I'm being incredibly kind by putting the aliens at said star).

This means that an object traveling at the glacial speed of 2 miles per second would take 12,384,756,610,560 seconds, or 392,460 years to reach us from there.

In other words, 2 mi/s isn't amazing, and I doubt the credibility of anyone who claims otherwise.

If we're talking about the speed of man-made objects, the current record is held by Helios 2, which used the gravity of the Sun to achieve a speed of 150,000 mi/h, or 42 mi/s. If you want the fastest non-gravity assisted speed, I believe that belongs to the Voyager 1, which was traveling at nearly 40,000 mi/h, or 11 mi/s (that was actually its speed as it was leaving Earth, so it was fighting gravity).

I didn't load the video because I have no sound, so I can only comment on what's been posted.

Assuming cookie is right that the object was traveling at 2 miles per second, that sounds like a huge figure. In astronomical terms, it is not.

The speed of the Earth's rotation at the equator is about .3 miles per second. The Earth is traveling around the Sun at a speed of about 19 miles per second. The Sun is traveling through the galaxy at about 150 (estimates vary) miles per second.

The nearest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4.22 light years away. Light travels at about 186,000 miles per second.

186,000 mi/s * 60 s/min * 60 min/h * 24 h/d * 365.24 d/y = 5,869,552,896,000 mi/y * 4.22 y = 24,769,513,221,120 mi

That is the distance in miles away from us the nearest star is (and I'm being incredibly kind by putting the aliens at said star).

This means that an object traveling at the glacial speed of 2 miles per second would take 12,384,756,610,560 seconds, or 392,460 years to reach us from there.

In other words, 2 mi/s isn't amazing, and I doubt the credibility of anyone who claims otherwise.

If we're talking about the speed of man-made objects, the current record is held by Helios 2, which used the gravity of the Sun to achieve a speed of 150,000 mi/h, or 42 mi/s. If you want the fastest non-gravity assisted speed, I believe that belongs to the Voyager 1, which was traveling at nearly 40,000 mi/h, or 11 mi/s (that was actually its speed as it was leaving Earth, so it was fighting gravity).
OR
The aliens changed gear to take in the scenery =P

Holy shit the Vatican said it was okay to believe in aliens? That's a direct contradictory to the catholic religion lol. They're just doubting their faith if they think aliens are real.

Holy shit the Vatican said it was okay to believe in aliens? That's a direct contradictory to the catholic religion lol. They're just doubting their faith if they think aliens are real.
I don't think the Bible said anything against extra-terrestrial life... just because the Bible doesn't directly mention it doesn't mean Christians can't believe it.

I'm pretty skeptical of this myself but hey, you never know...

If it is a direct contradiction then show me where it says "there is no extraterrestrial life in the universe" in the Bible.

I don't think the Bible said anything against extra-terrestrial life... just because the Bible doesn't directly mention it doesn't mean Christians can't believe it.

I'm pretty skeptical of this myself but hey, you never know...
I'm pretty sure it says that god created us within his own image and that we're the only ones to be created by him as a sign of love. So the pope saying we can believe in aliens is a huge thing, and well still weird that he says that and doesn't let his own men get pussy.

I'm pretty sure it says that god created us within his own image and that we're the only ones to be created by him as a sign of love. So the pope saying we can believe in aliens is a huge thing, and well still weird that he says that and doesn't let his own men get pussy.
By that logic then animals don't exist because God didn't create them in His own image? He only mentioned that for humans in particular. As for priests being celibate that's a product of the Catholic Church.

But I digress, we're getting off topic.

I didn't word that as well as I wanted to, but what I was trying to say is that in the Christian/Catholic Bible it does mostly say that God created us as the most superior beings (Adam and Eve) with the earth to serve us etc. So in that respect aliens that are more superior than us (and they're in terms of intelligence if they can visit us here) being alive is contradictory to what the Catholic bible teaches that we're supposed to be gods favorites. I'm Agnostic myself, and I don't believe that, just saying what I remember from the book.

UFO does not = Alien, but when you see an unknown looking aircraft that defies the way our man made aircrafts move and it is obviously an aircraft then there is nothing else to explain it really. There is no one better to analyze UFOs than those who are around the military flying crafts all the time, and well there is a whole 2 hours dedicated to testimony of trained officials that witnessed unexplainable UFOs in the "Disclosure project".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)