Type dis/advantages that should/not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few type advantages/disadvantages that i feel should/should not exist.

Grass vs Poison. Poison is commonly derived from plants. plants=grass. so shouldnt that put grass at an immunity to poison. I think Grass's weakness to Poison should go but I would agree with Grass being not effective against Poison.

Grass vs Flying. Grass and Bug types seem closely related thats why maybe that gave move Grass and Bug a weakness to Flying. However Birds eat bugs and birds DONT eat grass so i dont agreee with Grass's weakness to flying however again i would agree with Grass not being effective against Flying.

Water vs Steel. Why is Steel ineffective against Water? If Water was super effective against Steel I would understand. Water rusts Steel, but theres no real reason for Water to resist Steel.

Post on your unhappiness with typing effectiveness!

There are quite a few type advantages/disadvantages that i feel should/should not exist.

Grass vs Poison. Poison is commonly derived from plants. plants=grass. so shouldnt that put grass at an immunity to poison. I think Grass's weakness to Poison should go but I would agree with Grass being not effective against Poison.

Grass vs Flying. Grass and Bug types seem closely related thats why maybe that gave move Grass and Bug a weakness to Flying. However Birds eat bugs and birds DONT eat grass so i dont agreee with Grass's weakness to flying however again i would agree with Grass not being effective against Flying.

Water vs Steel. Why is Steel ineffective against Water? If Water was super effective against Steel I would understand. Water rusts Steel, but theres no real reason for Water to resist Steel.

Post on your unhappiness with typing effectiveness!
I would agree with you on the Grass v. Poison thing, but Poison needs something to be super effective against! :)

Grass is meant to be a general "Plant" type, and many birds eat plants.

Water vs. Steel: You already said it; Water rusts metal.

Yes make poison SE againts water. Water has too few disadvantages and Poison too few advantages. Anyway i dont really like water...

Water vs. Steel: You already said it; Water rusts metal.
Ya water rusts metal so Water should be SE againts Steel but there is no reason why Steel should be NVE against Water.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
There is no point to this thread... the type chart exists and that is that. There is no use wishing for it to be otherwise. In my humble opinion, you should focus your efforts on expanding your abilities with the game that exists instead of whining about its shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)