ORAS Doubles OU Two is always better than one-HO peaked at 3

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey guys, I have come with another doubles team, you might know me as geerat on showdown. As all of you have some favorite format , ou doubles has always been my favorite. Normally I use TR teams with mawile as my mega but this time I decided to use the all mighty mega kanga. Its actually consists of all the common mons in the meta and is almost stuffed into one team. I am not gonna bore you with all the team building crap and kinda sorry about the title :p couldn't think of anything.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Tailwind
So, coming straight to the point, lets start with her.To be frank, I think you all might agree, she is an excellent late game cleaner, though all the recoils kind of wear her down badly. But she doesnt mind as long as she nets important KOs. I went with life orb set with both standard stabs, instead of popular banded set, as I feel protect is very important for mind games and stuff. Adamant is preferred nature as I am gonna spam bravebird anyways and she out speeds 110s anyways. Tailwind is just a last minute option, if i need some speed or she is about to die and gives the team some important speed control.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
Next one is as you all love and fear, is mega kanga. You might be thinking about the set, but as you will see my team doesnt provide much setup opportunities, so instead of pup and return I went out with all out attacking set. Fake out is one of the main attractions of kanga, and forms a deadly combo with specs sylveon. Double edge is monstrous coming from him, and low kick for me as been very useful. Takes out heatran, kyu-B, bisharp and all the steel types , it also deals good damge to ferrothorn but which is not too advisable because of all the damge he might be stacking. sucker punch is nifty priority.
Only drawback is that double edge's recoil puts him in KO range of lot of stuff.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 132 SpA / 34 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Next up is the wizard of oz, he is such an excellent support for the whole team with t-wave and taunt. stopping sweepers and tr mons like it doesnt give a shit. EV set is optimized to kill scarfed lando-t or simple lando with hp ice and t-bolt is obvious stab. He is such a vital cog giving team much needed speed control and stopping spore users for which i literaaly have no switch ins. Also the spread alows it have 3hko from lando's rock slide wich is kinda awesome.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Believe me, she herself has won me more matches than freaking everyone outhere. I have actually decided that no other set is worth her. She sponges special hits and retaliates hard using hyper voice.
As set is concerned hyper beam is a just one hit ko move to eventually anything that doesn't resist it. It even does about 85 percent to cress. That's how powerful it is, psyshock is just for mega venu, though not so common. And hp ground is for its biggest enemy heatran, which surprising KOes most of the time. She is a terrifying wall breaker and may God be with her. :p

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Now this one is bit odd I agree but after so much time with this team he is actually very effective for my team. Though his counterpart is more useful and to that i fully agree but he plain and simple checks so much stuff that lando-therian can't. Also his speed tier is so awesome at max 101 he outspeeds so much important stuff like char-y and KOes him with rock slide. Earth power lets him take care of ever so popular wide guard aegislash, heatran and basically all the steel types. Sludge bomb is good coverage for KOing fairies after some chip damage. protect is necessary too i guess because of his biggest flaw, he is freaking FRAIL.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
And last but not least, is aegi, I don't think there is any need to explain the set is pretty common wide guard tank aegi or thats what smogon calls him lol. He particularly helps dealing with TR mons like cress and stuff. Weakness policy is desired item here and works great in conjugation with his abysmal speed and defenses. Also, just the dual stabs and wide guard for walling stuff like only heat wave char-y and stoping hypervoice, rockslides etc.

So thats the team guys, its pretty good actually though kinda suffers from not being able to stop powerful priorities and stuff and I always feel that it kind of does badly against bulky TR mons, though I win most of the times, like cress and porygon2 if they are played well.
I am not gonna make this longer by adding threatlist and stuff coz this is team doesn't have many except above two I mentioned/

Here is a replay of a close match :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-294279904

Attachments

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! I'd personally put something that can switch into Landorus-Therian, because it's a massive threat and every time it will come in you will have difficulties handling it considering Landorus-Therian is incredibly strong and there's nothing on your team that resists it. I'd personally put Amoonguss over Landorus in your team. I know that Landorus is really good at dealing with certain threats but at the same time I think you're better off having something that can switch into Landorus without taking chunks of damage. This will also give you a sleep-immunity which is needed considering you have a hard time dealing with Amoonguss unless Talonflame is on the field. Lastly it's just a defensive backbone which will help massively. This is the set I use on most Amoongi:

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

The spread lives Latios attacks etcetera, I personally really Giga Drain + Sludge Bomb but honestly it's personal preference. Most people use Protect instead of Sludge Bomb. The 0 Speed IVs are to be efficient in Trick Room, which you struggled with before.

You also have difficulties dealing with Ferrothorn, Talonflame's Fire STAB with Flare Blitz is quite unreliable, personally I'd put Overheat on Talonflame instead of Flare Blitz, and change your EV spread to 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe with a Naive Nature. This allows you to OHKO Ferrothorn and Mega-Metagross with Overheat. It's a lot more reliable because you can still spam Brave Birds together with Overheat, because Overheat does no recoil.

Overall I think your team is fairly solid, good job! :]

on your particular team, i'd maybe consider tailwind zapdos instead of thunderus, since so many things on your team appreciate the speed, but then trick room eats you up.
i'd also try focus blast on landorus sometimes because it ohkos kanga, which is fantastic. not to mention helps with ferrothron which you dont like too much.
i dont really see a specific weak link tho, so good job :D

its noteworthy that you dont really switch into a heatwave without serious casualties, but i am not sure how to fix that without putting keldeo over something. goodluck !

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
on your particular team, i'd maybe consider tailwind zapdos instead of thunderus, since so many things on your team appreciate the speed, but then trick room eats you up.
i'd also try focus blast on landorus sometimes because it ohkos kanga, which is fantastic. not to mention helps with ferrothron which you dont like too much.
i dont really see a specific weak link tho, so good job :D

its noteworthy that you dont really switch into a heatwave without serious casualties, but i am not sure how to fix that without putting keldeo over something. goodluck !
Actually, ferro isnt that much of a threat , as it doesnt exactly give me problems, also heatwave i too have noticed no one likes to take one but it doesnt give me problems as common spammers are countered easily, though would appreciate some good counter to TR stallers like cress and porygon2. Though would consider focus blast but above what?

Hi there! I'd personally put something that can switch into Landorus-Therian, because it's a massive threat and every time it will come in you will have difficulties handling it considering Landorus-Therian is incredibly strong and there's nothing on your team that resists it. I'd personally put Amoonguss over Landorus in your team. I know that Landorus is really good at dealing with certain threats but at the same time I think you're better off having something that can switch into Landorus without taking chunks of damage. This will also give you a sleep-immunity which is needed considering you have a hard time dealing with Amoonguss unless Talonflame is on the field. Lastly it's just a defensive backbone which will help massively. This is the set I use on most Amoongi:

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

The spread lives Latios attacks etcetera, I personally really Giga Drain + Sludge Bomb but honestly it's personal preference. Most people use Protect instead of Sludge Bomb. The 0 Speed IVs are to be efficient in Trick Room, which you struggled with before.

You also have difficulties dealing with Ferrothorn, Talonflame's Fire STAB with Flare Blitz is quite unreliable, personally I'd put Overheat on Talonflame instead of Flare Blitz, and change your EV spread to 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe with a Naive Nature. This allows you to OHKO Ferrothorn and Mega-Metagross with Overheat. It's a lot more reliable because you can still spam Brave Birds together with Overheat, because Overheat does no recoil.

Overall I think your team is fairly solid, good job! :]
Thanks man, would consider that overheat suggestion sounds good.. but without lando team becomes weak to aegi, some steels that other mons literally hate.

Attachments

Hi darksylvion, really nice team :)
my only suggestion would really be to run a slightly more bulky mega kangaskhan spread, as this would allow it to win the kangaskhan mirror more easily, and running inner focus instead of scrappy would allow it to fake out other kangaskhan/faster fake outs in non-mega form to let talonflame set up tailwind more easily etc:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 72 Def / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

- 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 72 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 324-384 (92 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (requires 168 Def to guarantee survival)
- Outspeeds max speed positive natured base 70's by one point, and max speed neutral natured base 80-81's (e.g gyarados), the rest goes in attack

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
my only suggestion would really be to run a slightly more bulky mega kangaskhan spread, as this would allow it to win the kangaskhan mirror more easily, and running inner focus instead of scrappy would allow it to fake out other kangaskhan/faster fake outs in non-mega form to let talonflame set up tailwind more easily etc
or you could run jolly (surprise it still exists!!!!!). but on the real, either im drunker than i think rn or you wurded this poorly, but idk why u'd underspeed opposing kangas just to fake them out after u take theri fake out. unless you mean fake out the oppsong kangas partner?_? but like again, jolly solves this in a much more elegant fashion #tbh. also i dont think u really need a "lando" switch-in because depending on what its using u have like 6 already lol (rs -> aegi, lando, eq -> bird, lando, etc). just a suggestion but like, put some speed on that sylveon and sword to take advantage of your birds twind (beat like 110's or something which is 80 spe btw). honestly though, this teams like super-standard and any suggestions would be like "preferences" or whatever and the only thing it lacks in a bordear sense is creativity but legit this core #works so its w/e.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
I must say, I dont know much about doubles OU, but it looks like a pretty solid team, and the most standard team I have ever seen haha

or you could run jolly (surprise it still exists!!!!!). but on the real, either im drunker than i think rn or you wurded this poorly, but idk why u'd underspeed opposing kangas just to fake them out after u take theri fake out. unless you mean fake out the oppsong kangas partner?_? but like again, jolly solves this in a much more elegant fashion #tbh. also i dont think u really need a "lando" switch-in because depending on what its using u have like 6 already lol (rs -> aegi, lando, eq -> bird, lando, etc). just a suggestion but like, put some speed on that sylveon and sword to take advantage of your birds twind (beat like 110's or something which is 80 spe btw). honestly though, this teams like super-standard and any suggestions would be like "preferences" or whatever and the only thing it lacks in a bordear sense is creativity but legit this core #works so its w/e.
Yh i worded it weirdly :/ i think i meant fake out opposing kang's partner after it uses fake out, inner focus would be more optimal if running adamant, scrappy if jolly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)