SS RU Twice as Toxic Stall ( Peaked #1 on RU Ladder, 85.2% GXE, 1639 ELO )

Introduction:
Here's my RU Stall team that I used to climb to the #1 spot on the RU Ladder. It features Weezing as a T-Spikes setter and physical wall, Drapion as a psychic immunity as well as a Pokemon that can spam Knock off, Aromatisse as a cleric, Drampa as the defogger, Quagsire as a way to deal with certain set up threats, and Miltank as a Stealth Rock setter. Enjoy the team everyone :)

Proof of Peak:
SS RU #1 Peak.jpg
Peaked #1 on RU Ladder

The Team:

1593784785567.png

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

To start, we have the first part of the "Twice as Toxic" core. Weezing was chosen to be a part of this team mainly because I felt as though many teams could not effectively handle T-spikes on their side of the field. In addition to this, due to neutralizing gas, it is able to set up T-Spikes vs. teams that contain Xatu/Espeon, as Neutralizing Gas ignores Magic Bounce. Of course, it also serves perfectly well as a physically defensive wall. A few of the main threats that it takes on includes Machamp and Lurantis. Machamp, if it is not guts, is handled very well by weezing as it is able to switch into any move and proceed to burn it. If it is guts, due Weezing's ability, it is able to cancel out the guts boost and effectively slowly stall Machamp out by letting it die to its own flame orb damage while resting off any damage. In the case of Lurantis, once again due to Weezing's amazing ability, it is able to cancel out Lurantis' Contrary and make it so that Leafstorms and Superpowers used against Weezing due in fact lower Lurantis' stats rather than raise them. And the extra bonus of having Weezing on the team is that because it is paired with Drapion, the team can effectively infinitely absorb T-spikes that are being set by opposing teams by swapping between the two. The moves are fairly self explanatory. Will-O-Wisp to spread burns and neuter physical attackers, Sludge bomb provides a solid STAB move, T-Spikes to chip down opposing teams, and Rest allows it to have a way to self sustain, which pairs well with the combination of Aromatherapy provided by Aromatisse as it minimizes the loss of tempo caused by using Rest.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk

Next up we have the Pokemon that completes the "Twice as Toxic" core. Although this Pokemon was a late addition to the team, it is what essentially boosted the teams strength enough to allow for it to peak #1. Drapion covered a lot of the weaknesses that the team would otherwise have. Most notably things such as Indeedee and Espeon which would otherwise be able to spam Exapnding force or Psychic respectively with no draw back. However, with Drapion providing a Psychic immunity, these Pokemon no longer have free reign over the team. In addition to checking the problematic psychic types, it also allows for a way to take on the annoying Taunt Jellicents that was able to shut down and chip down most of the team and allow for the breakers to more easily run through my team. Thanks to the 60 speed EVs, Drapion is able to out speed all Jellicents and get a Toxic on it or Rest before Jellicent is able to Taunt the Drapion. The rest of EVs were put into HP and Special Defense in order to better take on the aforementioned Psychic types. Again, like Weezing, an additional bonus of having the secondary poison is that the team can effectively infinitely absorb T-spikes that are being set by opposing teams by swapping between Weezing and Drapion. In addition to all of this, Drapion also provides the team with a Pokemon that is capable of spamming Knock Off, which is hugely important as it removes the likes of Heavy Duty Boots and Leftovers, which makes chipping down opposing teams much easier. The move set of Rest, Sleep Talk, Toxic, and Knock-Off allows it to effectively fill all these roles as efficiently as possible.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Aromatisse fills a crucial role of any stall team, that is being a cleric. It also was the obvious choice on stall because of it's ability. Due to Aroma Veil, Aromatisse does not have to worry about getting taunted and can always perform its duties as a cleric. I chose to make it physically defensive as it is my main way of dealing with things such as Rest + Bulk Up Scrafty, and physically defensive spreads allow Aromatisse to better take on that threat. The move set is very standard, as it is just the most common cleric set, but since it performs so well, I saw no need to change anything about it.

Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Drampa also fills a crucial role of any stall team, which is being a defogger. I chose Drampa to be the teams defogger as I saw it one of the few things that could simultaneously Defog and be specially defensive while having access to reliable recovery. I chose the ability to be Berserk, as it allows me to rack up some boosts by constantly roosting after being put slightly below 50%, which allows me to threaten opposing Pokemon with boosted STAB Dragon Pulse. The rest of the moves are fairly self explanatory, as Roost provides reliable recovery, and Toxic makes it easier to stay in a defog against a multitude of Stealth Rock setters.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake

Next up we have Quagsire. Quagsire was an easy addition as it seems to effortlessly fit on all stall teams thanks to its ability Unaware. Because of it, Quagsire is able to effectively shut down all physical threats require boosts in order to break. For example things like Dragon Dance Scrafty or Sword Dance Drapion are easily handled by Quagsire. In addition to this, Quagsire also provides the team with a ground type, which means that opposing teams are not able to freely Volt Switch around and gain free momentum. The EV spread is just fully physically defensive as it allows Quagsire to better take on the previously mentioned physical set up Pokemon. The moves are just the standard Smogon suggested set, as it seems to show the most success and there was no necessity to change it.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Finally, we have Miltank. Miltank was chosen by me to be on the team I felt as though it provided the team with a Stealth Rock setter that also handled a very big threat to the team. That threat being Vanilluxe, as without an ice resist, is able to tear through the team with specs Blizzard. However, with the addition of Miltank and its ability Thick Fat, Vanilluxe is no longer an issue. The EV spread of course is fully specially defensive in order to better take on Vanilluxe and other special threats. As for the move set, Seismic Toss allows Miltank to consistently deal a good amount of damage to every Pokemon in the current meta, Stealth Rock obviously to provide steady chip damage over the course of the game, Milk Drink for sustainability, and Toxic as a way to set up Stealth Rocks more comfortably against Pokemon that may try to Defog on Miltank.

Threats: The biggest threats to this team are undoubtedly Specs Alolan-Exeggutor and Vikavolt. Both of these are very threatening and can break through the team with their powerful stabs. That's not to say that it is an impossible match up though, as this team does have the tools to deal with them. It's just a matter of getting the turns right and going into the correct Pokemon on key turns.

Conclusion:
This team, in my opinion, is able to perform extremely well, which is evident from the fact that it was able to peak at #1. I had a lot of fun building and playing with this team and the fact that it garnered success is just the cherry on top. I hope you also find the same enjoyment and success as I did. Good luck and have fun with this team everyone :]

Importable:
Twice as Toxic Stall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)