SS OU Transform Mew Stall peaked 1924 #12 on ladder

Transform Mew Stall
Higher and Higher up the ladder, stall is going to be more and more common. That's why I've built a team on stall and more importantly a new tech that I found, Transform Mew. Not much else needs to be said as this is stall. Previously I have also built the Conk + Toxtricity team which reached Top 30~
Proof Of Peak (April 18, 2020):
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 4.52.01 PM.png
The Squad
1587187156634.png

Bewear @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Beware, one of the most underrated walls in OU. the ability Fluffy is able to fully wall the likes of bulk up zeraora and melmetal, the most threatening breakers in OU. Rockey helmet is preferred over anything else as it has the ability to wear down zeraora and melmetal. SD is for breaking through walls and threatening surprise KO on max sp.def clef with iron head. Due to its good natural bulk it is also able to take 1 moonblast from the clef. EQ is for toxapex as without it, Beware just gets walled. Drain punch is a stable way of recovery as well as Wish pass from clef. One of the most underrated walls in OU is probably the most reliable as almost no physical breaker can muscle through him.

1587187187747.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Clefable is basically on every stall team and there's a reason why. With Wish it proves to be one of the most reliable wish supporters in the game. Paired up with aromatherapy it helps keep the statuses. Having max sp.def can basically wall a lot of sp.def breakers. Understandably, being unaware means that you're going to get rocks chip and status but that is easily controllable as you have corviknight with defog control and aromatherapy. A reason why teleport clef is not preferred here is that stall teams want to have a healer at all times as status can wear it down easily. Teleport provides no real use as honestly, a naturally bulky team and if you play well and make some good plays, there's really no need for teleport. Aromatherapy just provides better coverage.

1587187213287.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker

Everyone knows toxapex, it never dies. Toxapex provides the team with coverage against rain and dracovish. with its natural bulk it is also able to scout for Moveset of aegislash and other. Haze is mainly for Mimikyu, SD Aegislash, and the rare lucario and Toxicroak. Baneful bunker is to scout choices moves as well as to poison greedy players with cinderace who click U-turn and others. With the ability regenerator toxapex easily wins the PP stall if it gets to that point and it also is just a reliable way of recovery. Not much needs to be said as everyone knows what toxapex is good at. This is also one of my checks to melmetal as It can easily live a band thunder punch and then easily pivot to beware if needed.
1587187240177.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Iron Head/Brave Bird
- Roost
- Body Press/Brave Bird

The best defogger right now in the OU meta is corviknight. With its natural bulk almost no Pokemon can 1 hit ko corviknight and the ability pressure allows it to pp stall very effectively. Iron head is for all the Calm mind fairies. for ex. Clefable, Hatterene, etc. You could run Body press or Brave bird, it really comes down to skill. Preferably you would run Brave Bird as you could stop Conkeldurr and DD/Belly drum kommo-o but, if you a real boss you would choose body press. Body press allows you to check Bisharp, Excadrill, Obstagoon, and Tyranitar effectivly but while gaining this, you lose a check to kommo-o. Conkeldurr, if its CC then you pretty much lost but 99% of conks don't run CC so, yeah. With a max def EV spread it walls a lot of physical breakers and it is another check to melmetal as it can also fully wall it except acid armour sets, which Toxapex walls.
1587187262141.png

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Knock Off

Reuniclus the goat. With the ability Regenerator it has a steady way of recovery. With AV it is able to full wall the likes of Toxtricity, Rotom-H, Specs Pelipper, Kyurem, Keldeo, (If Needed) Dragapult. Basically every OU Sp.atk wall breaker. Hydreigon is a bit unique. Reuniclus lives +2 Modest LO Dark Pulse from hydreigon and can surprise focus blast and do ~80% which if they attack and get LO damage, you pivot to Toxapex, that Hydreigon is dead. Focus blast covers ferrothorn and tyranitar and threatens a lot of dark types that would love to switch in on the Future sight. Future Sight, Reuniclus's strongest STAB is able to destroy Balance and HO as many Pokemon are very frail to it. Psyshock combined with Future sight is able to 1v1 Max sp.def Clefable and kill it easily. Paired up with knock off it can wear down a lot of teams.

1587186487536.png

Boomer Remover (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Careful Nature
- Block
- Soft-Boiled
- Imprison
- Transform

Invented by yours truly, Mew is the core of the team and can 6-0 lots of team just by lead mew and it is a boomer remover. Lets get the mechanics right, Block is able to trap the mon you want to kill and imprison doesn't let the opponent use any of your moves. Then you transform and become them, they are blocked and Imprisoned so they can't switch or use any of their moves so they can only struggle. Paired up with Soft boil this allows mew to 6-0 many teams. with Max Sp.def it can easily beat the likes CM Clef, and other Sp.def Setup mons. But, the main role of it is to get rid of Walls such as Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and also suicide leads. With its natural bulk it can also easily setup on other physical mons such as escadrill and reverse sweep if possible. Understandably there are going to be U-turns which you can just Imprison on as Imprison lasts for the whole opposing team and you can just transform or block next turn. Remember Block doesn't work on ghosts and many ghosts force you to switch into toxapex or clefable. This might seem confusing at first but once you play a few games you will get how it works.

Bewear @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Body Press

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Knock Off

Boomer Remover (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Careful Nature
- Block
- Soft-Boiled
- Imprison
- Transform

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Threats:
Togekiss because you already know.
1587187385705.png

Attachments

Last edited:
I love the usage of Bewear and AV Reuniclus. Do you have any replays? It would be great to see this team in action. It's very unique.

To keep this from being spam if you run Calm > Careful on Mew you lower your Attack with probably no downsides.

edit: lol I've been playing around with this team and that Mew is hilarious. I will say that this team is awful to play low on the ladder because every single new player runs NP Togekiss.

Last edited:
I really like this team, since I really liked transform+imprison mew in doubles and it is wonderful to see it being used effectively in singles. I'll most definitely try this team out

A change that I would make to this team is modifying the Mew's EV spread to 252 HP/160 SpD/96 Spe with a Timid nature so that it will be able to get the jump onto max speed togekiss, so you can potentially trap it without getting worried about being flinched to death. This way togekiss that forgo substitute become a lot more manageable. Since I find Mew is used most of the time for trapping walls, I think its alright to sacrifice the some bulk, as I do not believe the lack of special defense will hinder mew's trapping abilities against walls much, but correct me if I'm wrong.

The added speed still gives you a chance to trap substitute togekiss if togekiss comes in on your reuniclus and you future sight on the same turn, then going to mew and using imprison, and praying that they don't switch out, the future sight will break the sub leaving them exposed to a block, but this is just a bonus.

I would also consider moving 100 evs from defense to special defense for corviknight (Which means a spread of 252 HP/156 Def/100 SpD with imprish), as that avoids the 4HKO from +2 air slash from togekiss, improving the matchup against sub togekiss, while still avoiding the OHKO from +2 Life orb Bisharp. It also slightly improves the matchup vs CM hatterene, which is worth considering especially if you take my above suggestion of sacrificing mew's bulk for speed, as mew will not be able deal with hatterene as easily (I'm sure you know it can't be trapped).

Kudos for such creativity and I'm glad to see transform mew able to work in OU
Edit: Its amazing how easily mew can dismantle an opposing stall

Last edited:
I really like this team, since I really liked transform+imprison mew in doubles and it is wonderful to see it being used effectively in singles. I'll most definitely try this team out

A change that I would make to this team is modifying the Mew's EV spread to 252 HP/160 SpD/96 Spe with a Timid nature so that it will be able to get the jump onto max speed togekiss, so you can potentially trap it without getting worried about being flinched to death. This way togekiss that forgo substitute become a lot more manageable. Since I find Mew is used most of the time for trapping walls, I think its alright to sacrifice the some bulk, as I do not believe the lack of special defense will hinder mew's trapping abilities against walls much, but correct me if I'm wrong.

The added speed still gives you a chance to trap substitute togekiss if togekiss comes in on your reuniclus and you future sight on the same turn, then going to mew and using imprison, and praying that they don't switch out, the future sight will break the sub leaving them exposed to a block, but this is just a bonus.

I would also consider moving 100 evs from defense to special defense for corviknight (Which means a spread of 252 HP/156 Def/100 SpD with imprish), as that avoids the 4HKO from +2 air slash from togekiss, improving the matchup against sub togekiss, while still avoiding the OHKO from +2 Life orb Bisharp. It also slightly improves the matchup vs CM hatterene, which is worth considering especially if you take my above suggestion of sacrificing mew's bulk for speed, as mew will not be able deal with hatterene as easily (I'm sure you know it can't be trapped).

Kudos for such creativity and I'm glad to see transform mew able to work in OU
Edit: Its amazing how easily mew can dismantle an opposing stall
Understandably I do have a weakness towards Togekiss and that's only if they get ~7-8 flinches in a row as Clef + Toxapex + Reuniclus is fully able to stall it out as Clef can easily Aromatherapy paralysis and it is immune to Nasty plot as it has unaware. as for making Corviknight less Def. Bulk you would find that you would lose to many other threats such as Belly drum Kommo-o, Conkeldurr, and it loses to Adamant + 2 LO Bishop. As for Giving speed to mew in exchange for bulk loss, Mew is actually one of my counters to Kyurem as if Kyurem Freezes both Clef and Reuniclus I still have a Mew who can still take 3 Hits and as I Stated it before I already have a decent counter to togekiss as long as I don't get flinched to death

Edit: You also say to weakness to CM hatterene, Mew is fully able to wall it with a max Sp.Def and Transform into with imprison and you are able to hit the opposing team with a +1 or +2 Hatterene. And if I were to get rid of speed on Mew, Modest LO Clef at +1 is able to 2 hit KO me if I Don't have max sp.def. Thank you for your suggestion though but, I don't think these changes are necessary but, I do thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I really like this team because it has some creative sets and good defensive structure
Just give some ideas from my perspective to make it better:
1. Give more speed investments on Bewear to make sure it outspeed the defensive Clefable (Not the teleport but the CM Twave set)
2. Use roost Mew: You can click Imprison when the opposite's Corviknight or Mandibuzz on the stage with low health to prevent it from healing since you cant really trap these 2 mons most of the time.

Last edited:
This team is so creative, I thought it was a gimmick but I've had some success so far.

A minor thing: Facade over Earthquake on Bewear means you can set up SD on its face and hit it even harder after the burn. Though it is counterintuitive with Aromatherapy I guess.

I tested this team out on the ladder and saw that it faces a problem with ghost types such as pult/gengar etc. Overall i love the innovation but it would be nice if you could maybe fit in a scarf hydreigon just to revenge kill ghost types.

I head y'all need help with corv,ghosts, mirror teams, etc. So, honestly lets get to the point. For ghosts such as gengar, dragupult, aegislash, etc. you can live a hit from dragupult so u just imprison on switch and transform so u have dragapult. Gengar can be countered by reuniclus as it takes 60% from +2 shadow ball gengar. Aegislash gets walled by Toxapex. Corviknight can easily be beat by scald burn and knock off and being worn down, bewear is also a counter even if it has brave bird. Transform mew can be beaten by adding ur own shed shell or Toxic from toxapex wears it down. Fpr ,orrpr teams, Toxic from Toxapex can easily beat Transform mew or add ur own shed shell.

Last edited:
My bad for such a delayed reply, I rarely ever go onto the forums.

Understandably I do have a weakness towards Togekiss and that's only if they get ~7-8 flinches in a row as Clef + Toxapex + Reuniclus is fully able to stall it out as Clef can easily Aromatherapy paralysis and it is immune to Nasty plot as it has unaware. as for making Corviknight less Def.

While I can see it being possible to stall out a togekiss, its realistically quite difficult and probably unreliable way to beat it, since what your trying to do is attempting to stall out 24 air slashes, and most of those attacks if not all will probably be at +6.

Your team cannot reliably remove togekiss' boosts since your toxapex since it gets 2HKOed by air slash at +2, which means in many scenarios where togekiss comes safely, it can realistically get all the way up to +6 as both clefable and reuniclus lack ways to break through it as it can roost off the damage. After it gets to +6, reuniclus loses and all the opponent needs is like 4-5 flinches in a row onto your clefable and its game over. Your only real chance of preventing this from happening is if you catch your opponent off guard by hitting togekiss when it isn't behind a sub with Psyshock on the same turn future sight hits which can do 80-90%.

With my suggestion of corviknight, in addition to the option of stalling out air slashes, you also get a better chance of directly threatening the togekiss with an iron head, which hits it for a 2HKO. If the 1st two air slashes at +2 don't flinch, you can force out their togekiss which just took 60% and is in future sight range. This, combined with a chance of trapping togekiss with a faster mew (another one of my suggestions) improves the matchup vs togekiss by a good amount.

Bulk you would find that you would lose to many other threats such as Belly drum Kommo-o, Conkeldurr, and it loses to Adamant + 2 LO Bishop.

Fair points about losing bulk vs many physical threats, but really the only one that isn't handled by your other team members well would be conkeldurr. Also, I specifically made sure that the corviknight spread lives +2 adament LO bisharp so im not sure why you still believe it still loses to it
Calc:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Corviknight: 331-391 (82.7 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

However I must admit the worsened match against conk is a notable downside, so I can totally see why you would stick to max defense. Still, even with max defense the matchup vs conk is still very shaky if it has close combat and/or you decide to not run brave bird.

As for Giving speed to mew in exchange for bulk loss, Mew is actually one of my counters to Kyurem as if Kyurem Freezes both Clef and Reuniclus I still have a Mew who can still take 3 Hits and as I Stated it before I already have a decent counter to togekiss as long as I don't get flinched to death

Your joking right? Like realistically if both your clefable and reuinclus get frozen you probably lost the game. The chance of 2 pokemon being frozen is so low, it is much more likely for you to lose to an unlucky critical hit long before something like this happens. While I can see that Mew can counter Specs Kyurem with max SpD, however, between reuniclus and clefable which are very solid counters to it and I don't think a 3rd counter to it is necessary.

Edit: You also say to weakness to CM hatterene, Mew is fully able to wall it with a max Sp.Def and Transform into with imprison and you are able to hit the opposing team with a +1 or +2 Hatterene.

I didn't say anywhere that your team was weak to CM hatterene, I just pointed out that one of the extra benefits of using my suggested spread for corviknight is that it improves the matchup against CM hatterene. Since I knew that sacrificing mew's bulk would compromise its ability to beat hatterene as reliably thats why another reason why my suggested spread is an option worth considering

And if I were to get rid of speed on Mew, Modest LO Clef at +1 is able to 2 hit KO me if I Don't have max sp.def. Thank you for your suggestion though but, I don't think these changes are necessary but, I do thank you for your time.

This is a good point, and I could understand why you would use max spD to beat this, but:
1: At least to my knowledge, I don't think modest LO clefable with Calm mind is common, I pretty sure most clefable that run Calm mind also invest heavily in physical defense.
2: Even if it was common, most probably run flamethrower as coverage instead of thunderbolt to hit steels like excadrill and ferrothorn, meaning toxapex can safely remove any boosts
3: If we are talking the absolute worst case where it runs thunderbolt as coverage, you can still beat it by knocking off the LO with reuniclus and stalling it out with toxapex/clefable/reuniclus. Sound familiar? I would think that its much easier to stall out CM modest clefable (life orb would be gone at that point) than a togekiss :P.

I head y'all need help with corv,ghosts, mirror teams, etc. So, honestly lets get to the point. For ghosts such as gengar, dragupult, aegislash, etc. you can live a hit from dragupult so u just imprison on switch and transform so u have dragapult. Gengar can be countered by reuniclus as it takes 60% from +2 shadow ball gengar. Aegislash gets walled by Toxapex. Corviknight can easily be beat by scald burn and knock off and being worn down, bewear is also a counter even if it has brave bird. Transform mew can be beaten by adding ur own shed shell or Toxic from toxapex wears it down. Fpr ,orrpr teams, Toxic from Toxapex can easily beat Transform mew or add ur own shed shell.
As for ghosts, I don't really see a big issue here honestly after playing with the team. The only big threats would probably be LO DD dragapult and NP gengar.

LO DD dragapult is annoying because it does like 53-63% with dragon darts at +1 while doing 36-43% without boosts to toxapex, meaning that there is a reasonable chance that at some point toxapex loses when stalling with haze+recover. Your other 2 physically defensive mons can get set up on potentially although both can do sizable damage back (bewear can do 3HKO with earthquake and corviknight vs 3HKO with both iron head or brave bird), but they will come out heavily damaged after an exchange (or maybe even lose). Something that might improve the matchup is either replacing iron head with darkest lariat on bewear, or running iron defense on corviknight. For the 1st option, I probably wouldn't recommend that especially on ladder since LO DD dragapult isn't too common, while on the other hand you will probably be facing spD clefable every other game.

As for NP gengar, I can see many people losing to it with your team, but its certainly very beatable, as long as reuniclus doesn't get chipped too much by stuff like hazards and holds onto AV. This is extra important if the nastyplot gengar holds life orb.

Last edited:
I have serious problems using this team against other Mew.
The Taunt setter is a pain because I can't Imprison him, and if I switch on Corvi he just taunt me until he dies, then comes Zeraora and I can't defog.
The Cosmic Power user is just OP, because you can't haze him nor tank with Unaware Clefable.
NP Gengar is also a threat, because hits all the team weaknesses with Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt and Sludge Wave.

I gotta say i'm impressed. After a few months without touching pokemon I came back to it during the lockdown, decided to learn the meta with some smogon team I feel that matches my playstyle and than start tinkering and building my own from the preset team + the experience earned... I did this with many metas during all these years but I swear never before had I have so much success with a pre made team.

I Peaked at 1846 peak 1750.png
Sem título.png ( After getting so high, at least in my standards in just 100 games, thing that I had never done before I'm still trying to see if I can break the actual creator record on this but I doubt it ) I'm still struggling tought, still in the lows 1800s.

So many games I won after psychologically already giving up and just playing for the sake of it... Many games I coudnt for all thats sacred come with an win condition based on the oponent team ( or more commonly, how to win after fucking up and losing a vital mon because of a dumb move ) but this mew just keps on giving making the impossible possible.

By the time I reach the 1500 I'm usually already tinkering with the team but I feel I cant change a single thing on this, it works like magic, I don't know even where to start.

This reinuculus is a BEAST, there was a game where I had already given up against a +3 gengar, sent him out without believing and he just tanked the damm shadowball and won me the game... Saddly it is the only replay I got saved because I was pretty impressed with it, was in the low 1500s I think

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1111292073

I might save a few more replays as the first thing I noticed before playing this team was the lack of replays and I would love if the creator would give him some feedback on how im using his creation!

Im just hyped as I would always usually peak at low 1700s even after 3 or 4 hundred games and never had specs on my games before! I'm having so much fun with this team I can't thank you more than this

As people saying here are having trouble playing against mew lead I just had a 3 game streak that was very close to being 3 losses and I also don't know how to deal with this. If this keeps hapenning I might try chaging the lefties on the corviknight so this matchup becomes easier...

The first one was all on me, I didn't realize on team preview an obvious hyper offense, got 3 stacks of spikes and rocks and got wiped before I coudnt react. Right after this game I was against another obvious 5 HO mons + mew. This time I was prepared but literally the same thing happened. It was soo frustrating. The third game ( and also the last game I played so I could even get the replay while posting this : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1112528365 ) I managed to win but I think was mostly due to missplays from oponent / being able to fully wall +4 Mimikyu with corvi while defoging and killing back.

But still, game was one missplay away from a disaster... And god forbids if I face a mirror mew with the same moves as mine, seems like an auto lose without any U-turn, teleport/phaszing but there is also obviously no room for it so...

Thanks for reading this huge post and thanks for making this team! If people are interested I can post more replays as I play a few before going to sleep tonight.

Hey! i'm new and i'm really enjoying this team :P very fun Mew, thanks a lot for sharing
Anyone has any idea how BoomerRemover could fit in a NationalDex team? i really like that format a lot more then OU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)