Transcendence

After being tired of OU i decided to start LC. But i quit because the HAx was way too much and speed ties? Don't get me started. BUt LC isn't all about luck and what not, i'm not ranting on LC. But i decided to do some UU and it's quite fun. Nothing like LC (duh) or OU. In UU there are many options and choices while i see all the same pokes in OU.

Oh yea! For those who where wondering Transcendence basically means to go past the limits.

BUILDING PROCESS

Now i knew what a deadly sweeper Moltres is. With decent bulk and extremely high offensive stats, i knew i wanted to abuse this. However the only small con was his average speed. So many things CAN out speed him i threw in a scarf and he works quite well. He works well as a revenge killer. Some times he can sweep without the opponent realizing he's scarfed. I usually try to keep him at full health so some don't know he's scarfed so he's pretty awesome. He's my special attack powerhouse.

ENTER: Moltres

Obviously Moltres is weak to Stealth rocks so i needed a spinner but i also wanted a element of surprise to my spinner who could ALSO take a hit. I saw a weird claydoll set that i REALLY wanted to try so i gave it a spin and its perfect. I won't spoil the surprise yet but,
ENTER: Claydoll

On ALL my teams, no matter what tier, I have a special wall and a physical wall. I'll start with my physical wall. My terms of a wall is a pokemon who could do damage and could heal. One of the only physical walls that could do damage and had a reliable recovery moves was slowbro. He's so beast! He takes physical moves like they're nothing.
ENTER: Slowbro

Now that i have a physical wall i wanted a special wall. The wall needed decent recovery and good defences. it also had to be a grass type to complete my f/w/g combo so i added Venusaur. He's a top special wall for me and I don't think any grass type could do better.
ENTER: Venusaur

I then wanted a lead that could stop opposing leads and could still do damage and when things were tough, he could go with a boom! Yes a suicide lead. I found qwilfish. He's working out good so far. He's also a reliable rain dance team counter early on.
ENTER: Qwilfish

I now have to check my awsome team checklist
~ Do i have a lead? CHECK
~ DO I HAVE WALLS? CHECK
~ DO I HAVE A REVENGE/ END GAME SWEEPER? CHECK
~ DO I HAVE SUPPORT? CHECK
~ DO I HAVe A SPIN BLOCK? NOOOOOOOO
So as you can see, no spin block. I wanted a ghost that can do more than spin block, i wanted a ghost that can do incredible damage to teams that will pave the way for Moltres. So i added Mismagius.
ENTER: Mismagius
<----- doesn't get a moving sprite D:

IN-DEPTH LOOK

THE LEADING BLOW-FISH

Qwilfish@

Ability: Swift swim
Ev's: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
Nature: jolly
~ waterfall
~toxic spikes( I run spikes now :))
~taunt
~EXPLOSION!!!!!

Why Qwilfish?
Qwilfish is my suicide lead. Toxic spikes are very helpful for taking down walls and such. His job is to get some T spikes up and maybe go boom or saved for later and then boom. If he's lucky he can stop opposing leads from taking out their own entry hazards, get down spikes AND go boom, but its unlikely. He gives a offensive pace which also helps.

Ev's, moves, nature, and item
The ev's are for max damage and speed. Jolly for more speed and the foucs sash to make sure i get 2 t spikes on slower leads.

Moves:
~ waterfall- stab
~ toxic spikes- poisoning walls like chansey is gold. The majority of my team is Sp attackers so beating blissey is needed.
~ taunt- This is needed to stop opposing leads from getting entry hazards, especially SR.
~explosion- This is what makes qwilfish a suicide lead literally. When his job is done, taking out an opposing poke is very useful.

THE SPIN-BLOCKER

Mismagius@

Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 sp.atk 252 spe 4 hp
Nature: Timid
~ shadow ball
~ hidden power fighting
~ substitute
~ nasty plot

Why Missy?
Why not Missy? She functions as many things. She is a spin block, a sweeper, and a Chansey counter. Chansey can't touch her under a sub. the standard Chansey carries S toss as her damaging move so she can't touch Missy.

Ev's are for max damage and max speed. Timid nature to reach max speed. Leftovers for some healing.

Moves:
~shadow ball- Stab
~substitute- this is the crux of this set. This allows me to avoid status and other stuff tat annoy Missy.
~nasty plot- With 105 base sp.atk, a move to double it is gold, $%^&ing gold.
~hidden power fight- Shadow ball and HP fight have perfect coverage so yea. WHY NOT????

THE PINK MONSTER OF RAGE QUIT

Slowbro@[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Silver][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Indigo][IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0f/Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E[/IMG]
ability: own tempo
ev's: 252 hp 252 def 4 sp.atk
nature: bold
~psychic
~surf
~calm mind
~slack off

Why Slowbro?
Slowbro is a physical wall and takes things that are physical. That's what this set is all about. By taking physical hits he can set up and PWN.

Ev's for maximum physical bulk and Ev's to increase physical bulk. Lefties for healing.

Moves:
~Calm mind- Used to raise s.atk and s.def.
~Psychic- Stab
~surf- Stab and psychic and surf are only resisted by slowpoke slowbro and slowking
~slack off- reliable healing.

THE PLANT DINOSAUR THINGY

Venusaur@[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Silver][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Indigo][IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0f/Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E[/IMG]
ability:overgrow
ev's: 252 hp 252 s.def 2 def
nature: calm
~energy ball/ leaf storm
~sludge bomb
~sleep powder
~synthesis

Why Venusaur?
Venusaur is the special wall as slowbro is a physical wall. I was gonna try curse but w.e. i Like this set enough.

The ev's are for max special def bulk. nature for max bulk and item for recovery.

Moves:
~energy ball- stab
~sleep powder- Taking out a poke for a while is priceless.
~synthesis- It was either rest or this so w.e. Not the most reliable but hey its life.
~sludge bomb- more stab yay.

BIG BIRD FROM SESAME STREET

Moltres@[IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7a/Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png[/IMG]
ability:pressure
ev's: 252 s.atk 252 spe 4 hp
nature: modest
~Fire blast
~Over heat
~air slash
~hidden power grass

Ev's. moves, nature, and item

Ev's for max s.atk and speed. Modest for more s.atk. Choice scarf cuz thats the point of this moltres

Moves:
~fire blast- Stab
~over heat- if i predict a switch, i just blast the incoming poke with a 210 power move.
~air slash-another stab'd move
~hidden power grass- Rhyperior resists air slash and fire blast so HP grass will KO it.

THE DOLL MADE OF CLAY(??????)

Claydol@[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Silver][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Silver][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Silver][COLOR=Green][COLOR=Purple][COLOR=DarkOrange][IMG]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7a/Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Green%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=DarkOrange%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3C/font%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=Black%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Indigo%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Magenta%3E%3Cfont%20color=Blue%3E%3Cfont%20color=Silver%3E%3Cfont%20color=Green%3E%3Cfont%20color=Purple%3E%3Cfont%20color=DarkOrange%3E[/IMG]
ability: levitate
ev's: 252 atk 252 spe 4 def
nature: jolly
moves:
~earthquake
~trick
~rapid spin
~EXPLOSION

Why Claydol?
This set maybe weird and i don't remember who i got this set from(sorry can't give ya credit). I don't really need him to live. I just wanna trick some thing, rapid spin, and go boom but maybe use EQ.

max attack and speed. Jolly for max speed and choice scarf to trick some wall.

Moves:
~earthquake- stab'd
~trick- trick a wall a scarf and cripple it.
~rapid spin- Moltres+SR= nono
~explosion- go with a boom :D

We'll that's the team. PLZ RATE. The team has had quite success. I've had a win lose ratio of about .8. Basically every 5 games i would lose one. Is that good o.o???
ANYWAYS RATE AWAY

LAST Glimpse:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
First thing when I saw scarf claydol, I said lolwut. If still not sure what it does. Walls don't switch into claydol, ghosts do. It has shadow ball, you should be taking advantag of that if you want to cripple switch ins. Beating ghost switch ins is vital too, because your main source of offense is crippled by rocks (cm bro is crippled by toxic, which isn't even close to uncommon). If you've been having success with it then keep it I guess... It just doesn't look all that great (not to mention being locked on rapid spin is total setup bait and banded puruit tomb destroys you if you're using 3/4 of your moveset... And eq doesn't do a whole lot either).

Oya, lc roolz nub.

This is a decent team, but there are just a few things I want to add. Toxic spikes with qwilfish should be generally reserved for midgame after Venusaur and friends have been eliminated. I recommend spikes over toxic spikes as it is much more reliable. Perhaps adding a physical attacker would help deal with the chansey problem, maybe hariyama.

For claydol, I suggest running a trick scarf support set as claydol really won't be doing much offensively. Perhaps replacing EQ with stealth rock and shifting the attack EVs to HP/Def/spdef. Also if you want to stick with the scarf set, lower the spd evs to 160 as that will let you outrun base 120s with a scarf and the rest can go into your defenses.

For Moltres, perhaps replacing overheat with U-turn would be better for your team as it would allow you to scout for any toxic users that may stuff up your slowbro sweep and let frail pokemon like mismagius get a free switch in.

Your win percentage looks good, nice team and gl.

Note: try not to make such a colourful RMT next time, I dunno if its just me, but it makes it hard to read.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
UUPL Champion
Reminds me of my team a bit. So I figured I could help.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73527

First off, toxic spikes in UU are a big no-no. Venusaur, Drapion, and Toxicroak are all very common on UU teams.

Second, on Moltres, switch either Overheat or Fireblast for U-turn, if you really want to keep scarf. I'd recommend going to the common LO set but that's just me.

Third, switch the 4 HP EVs on Moltres to Def or Sp Def so you can hit the SR magic #.

Fourth, you might want to run enough SpA EVs on your Venusaur to be able to switch into Mismagius/Rotom and break their substitutes since it looks like if you don't, they'll sweep your team (Mismagius in particular).

And finally, you need SR somewhere on your team or special sweeping fire types like Houndoom, Moltres, and Moltres are going to streamroll your team even harder than they already do. Your special wall dies to any Fire Blast so maybe try switching Claydol's TrickScarf to Leftovers and SR. Either way, Claydol is a giant invitation for ghosts to come in which is a problem for your team because you have no way to keep them at bay.

Why not try an Azumarill over Slowbro? Currently fire types decimate your team, especially Houndoom, and a CB Azumarill can check all of them with Aqua Jet.

Kinda short on time right now so I might come back later.

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)