TR with mega CR(Elo 1520)

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey guys, its geerat from showdown, how you are all doing recently my exams got over so I decided why not to try a new format, actually its my first ru team as I was really excited to see hoopa dropping to ru due to its soft spot for pursuits and sucker punches. So, I decided why not to make a TR team with it. I have always felt main advantage TR teams have over other plays is that since they don't have to invest in speed so they get that extra bulk which is always nice. I have never used a TR team team in singles and its been doing pretty good, though there are weaknesses and the problem is I can't point it out so need some help from you guys.

First here's the overview of the team ::

So, starting with the team building process-

As I told ya, it was the starting point of my team, with life orb it hits really hard for low tiers and does good considering the amount of bulky psychics present in tier.

Next up I needed a strong wallbreaker inside TR who could out slow amoongus, and I think there is no need to say how hard it hits, due to sheer force.

I knew that I was gonna go for FWG core, so in comes best defensive pivot in RU, it gives spore support and plays mind games.

So next up is the defensive TR setter of the team, and also I needed a stealth rock setter, so incomes diancie again another great drop.

Next is escavalier, a staple for almost al TR teams, its just great, massive power with pursuit power and checks bulky psychics.

Actually, to complete my FWG core, I wanted slowking first to form a good regenerator core, but then I noticed I had no hazard removal so in came blastoise.

So, Now the team,

Joker (Hoopa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyperspace Hole
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
So, starting with mon that started it all, Hoopa and believe me when I say it, its powerful as hell, life orb set just OHKOes or 2HKOes the whole tier and hyperspace hole is such a Godsend move for TR teams as it breaks any protect shenanigans to stall out TR turns. Shadow Ball is only ghost coverage(duh!!). Focus Blast is necessary for all the scrafties and mega steelixes roaming around, and TR is obvious. This works so well end game as after a little prior damage it Ohkoes everything. Nickname cause it looks so awesome with that devilish smile

Totally useless in Gen_5 (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp
So, incomes the first wallbreaker of the team, he does so well in TRs due to that abysmal speed, though first I wanted to go with aboma, but camerupt literally has 0 switch-ins(yeah slowking to some extent but specially defensive ones too take about 45% from sheer force boosted earth power. Again HP ice or ancient power was a tough choice, but ultimately I went with HP ice for incoming flygons and will-o-wisp for anything else, though ancient power would be good too for fletchlinders and you can always will-o-wisp incoming flygons. I don't think nick needs any explanation, as before gen 6 it just...what was that word called... seriously what..oh yeah!!....Totally SUCKED.

Spored_ya (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
Amoonguss is always a danger, specially with a spore always in your opponents mind. I just maxed out its defenses to survive a medicham zen headbutt and spore it in return. Giga drain and sludge bomb are obvious STABs and synthesis for long battles, though foul play is a option, but since most common setup sweeper in the tier is scrafty, so foul play is not that good, also HP fire is a option too. Only problem with this thing is its passiveness inside those precious TR turns.

Its mega is good (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Moonblast
Oh.. the good ol little diancie, it struggled so much though the tiers and finally found a place in RU, so that it can abuse its bulk, its bulky as hell though. Trick Room is obvious, and it also provides valuable Stealth rocks for the team. Explosion is basically for gaining momentum, and does quite a bit to its target, this thing is your main fletchinder counter as it doesn't get OHKOed by +6 fletchlinder's acrobatics. Also moonblast over diamond storm as I was a little out of options against scrafty so moonblast to make that quick. Also nickname cause, you have to agree its mega is good.

Aww_scizor (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
Oh..the scizor of RU. With assault vest this thing becomes such a good special tank, tanking non-hp fire venu(don't know why people run that though). As far as set is considered megahorn and iron head are powerful STABs, knock off is knock off obviously, and pursuit is nice cause this thing forces switches for bulky psychics. But the thing is before using it, I over estimated its damage potential, it doesn't do that much but is quite essential and checks amoongus pretty reliably.

I like pouting (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
Now in the end, the water potion of FWG core, the fully defensive one checks so much stuff, like fletchlinder and rapid spins pretty reliably. It beats steelixes one on one. Only thing different on this set is yawn as it forces out most ghost types that are here to spin block me. But to be frank I really wanted slowking here only due to regenerator, but blastoise is pretty good at what it does too, so not a big issue. Toxic is for jellicient and alomolo switch-ins. And you have to agree with me here, it always pouts lol.

So, thats the team guys, just give me some suggestions as lately I don't know it has seen some fall due to hax and obviously my bad plays.

Threatlist::

:: This thing is weird to play against due to it having prankster destiny bond and taunt, also shadow sneak KOes hoopa.
:: Not a big issue, but packs a lot of power, hp fire verions are taken care by hoopa and knock off are by escavalier.
:: This thing is not tough but it still outslows mons like hoopa and diancie inside TR, and without TR it outspeeds and offensive versions OHKOes mega camerupt.
:: Again just don't let it setup to +3 or something if you can't get TR up, shed skin + rest versions are little frustating if diancie is gone. Some even carry iron head so scout for the moveset.
Well that's the threatlist::

Replays::
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-336048433 - Pretty easy match

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-336031986 - Shows the value and bulk of diancie.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-336108543- Amoongus survives zen headbutt from medi and hoopa cleans up

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-336115484- Defensive core of blastoise and amoonguss

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-336137314- Another good match

Hey, since I'm new to RU so you can suggest me anything you want and thanks in advance. I will post the importable in the comments.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so a Trick Room team basically consists of slow hard hitters taking advantage of Trick Room in order to punch holes in the opponent's team. However, if Trick Room isn't up, the team is at a huge disadvantage, and fast strong sweepers can decimate your team, notably Choice Scarf Tyrantrum. Moreover, as you have said, Amoonguss isn't really a good Pokemon for Trick Room teams, as it loses a lot of momentum and is very passive. Another problem I seem to find in your team is that the entire team relies heavily in Trick Room, yet there are 2 Trick Room setters, which heavily pressures the team as well.
over

Alright so upon looking into your team, as I said, you have no ways to beat a team after your Trick Room setters get knocked out or if you're not under Trick Room. Strong revenge killers also exist in the metagame who hit pretty hard: Choice Scarf Medicham, Mega Glalie, Sigilyph, Durant, Aerodactyl, and Tyrantrum. Of course, Hoopa can check Medicham and Sigilyph, but is very prone to being Pursuit trapped by Pokemon such as Houndoom, Spiritomb (forces a 50-50 between Sucker Punch and Pursuit), and Drapion (counter). Another thing I have noticed, is that you already have a solid Psychic-type check in Hoopa, which is also a nice Trick Room setter, rendering Escavalier seem like less of a useful Pokemon. Moreover, Escavalier is only good with its Swords Dance set or Choice Band set on Trick Room teams. However, Escavalier also gives you a nice Mega Glalie check. To optimize this situation, the best solution is to change Escavalier to Choice Scarf Durant. As I have said earlier, Trick Room teams should always pack a fast revenge killer in case the team faces the problems mentioned earlier. Durant also beats Choice Scarf Tyrantrum, Life Orb Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Medicham, Glalie, and Sigilyph, making your matchup versus these Pokemon easier.
over

Amoonguss looks really really passive in this team, but of course, the Grass-type typing is appreciated. To remedy this, a better change would be changing Amoonguss to Life Orb Tangrowth. Life Orb Tangrowth hits insanely hard and is prone to being weakened or revenge killed due to its access to Regenerator. With Tangrowth, it seems like you have a weakness switching into Venusaur, but if Trick Room is up, you can easily KO it with Camerupt and Hoopa. If Trick Room is not up, you can switch to Choice Scarf Durant, as Venusaur is most likely going to use Sludge Bomb, so you can take that down too.
over

Another problem I see in your team is the lack of Trick Room setters in your team. I also don't see the reason to run Blastoise in your team, as it gives passivity, and your team doesn't really appreciate hazard removal, as long as you play well enough not to give the opponent 3 layers of Spikes. Moreover, you have a Trick Room team, a team that doesn't require switching around too much. You usually set Trick Room up, sack the Pokemon or hard switch to a wall breaker. For these reasons stated, the best change would be changing Blastoise to Colbur Berry Slowking, as it gives you a reliable Trick Room setter, as well as gives you a nice wallbreaker to, as I suggest you to run Nasty Plot on this set. Colbur Berry is pretty useful, as Pokemon cannot Pursuit trap you, and you can get a Trick Room up in front of a Dark-type Pokemon, let Slowking faint next turn, and then go to a wallbreaker, and dent holes.

Final thing I'd like to suggest is running Substitute over Will-O-Wisp on Camerupt. Mega Camerupt is a great wallbreaker that forces a lot of switches, giving you free turns to set up a Substitute, which can also prove to be useful once Trick Room is down.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Superpower

can also run Adamant if you want to

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Hope I helped! :toast:

Sylveon.

Okay so a Trick Room team basically consists of slow hard hitters taking advantage of Trick Room in order to punch holes in the opponent's team. However, if Trick Room isn't up, the team is at a huge disadvantage, and fast strong sweepers can decimate your team, notably Choice Scarf Tyrantrum. Moreover, as you have said, Amoonguss isn't really a good Pokemon for Trick Room teams, as it loses a lot of momentum and is very passive. Another problem I seem to find in your team is that the entire team relies heavily in Trick Room, yet there are 2 Trick Room setters, which heavily pressures the team as well.
over

Alright so upon looking into your team, as I said, you have no ways to beat a team after your Trick Room setters get knocked out or if you're not under Trick Room. Strong revenge killers also exist in the metagame who hit pretty hard: Choice Scarf Medicham, Mega Glalie, Sigilyph, Durant, Aerodactyl, and Tyrantrum. Of course, Hoopa can check Medicham and Sigilyph, but is very prone to being Pursuit trapped by Pokemon such as Houndoom, Spiritomb (forces a 50-50 between Sucker Punch and Pursuit), and Drapion (counter). Another thing I have noticed, is that you already have a solid Psychic-type check in Hoopa, which is also a nice Trick Room setter, rendering Escavalier seem like less of a useful Pokemon. Moreover, Escavalier is only good with its Swords Dance set or Choice Band set on Trick Room teams. However, Escavalier also gives you a nice Mega Glalie check. To optimize this situation, the best solution is to change Escavalier to Choice Scarf Durant. As I have said earlier, Trick Room teams should always pack a fast revenge killer in case the team faces the problems mentioned earlier. Durant also beats Choice Scarf Tyrantrum, Life Orb Aerodactyl, Choice Scarf Medicham, Glalie, and Sigilyph, making your matchup versus these Pokemon easier.
over

Amoonguss looks really really passive in this team, but of course, the Grass-type typing is appreciated. To remedy this, a better change would be changing Amoonguss to Life Orb Tangrowth. Life Orb Tangrowth hits insanely hard and is prone to being weakened or revenge killed due to its access to Regenerator. With Tangrowth, it seems like you have a weakness switching into Venusaur, but if Trick Room is up, you can easily KO it with Camerupt and Hoopa. If Trick Room is not up, you can switch to Choice Scarf Durant, as Venusaur is most likely going to use Sludge Bomb, so you can take that down too.
over

Another problem I see in your team is the lack of Trick Room setters in your team. I also don't see the reason to run Blastoise in your team, as it gives passivity, and your team doesn't really appreciate hazard removal, as long as you play well enough not to give the opponent 3 layers of Spikes. Moreover, you have a Trick Room team, a team that doesn't require switching around too much. You usually set Trick Room up, sack the Pokemon or hard switch to a wall breaker. For these reasons stated, the best change would be changing Blastoise to Colbur Berry Slowking, as it gives you a reliable Trick Room setter, as well as gives you a nice wallbreaker to, as I suggest you to run Nasty Plot on this set. Colbur Berry is pretty useful, as Pokemon cannot Pursuit trap you, and you can get a Trick Room up in front of a Dark-type Pokemon, let Slowking faint next turn, and then go to a wallbreaker, and dent holes.

Final thing I'd like to suggest is running Substitute over Will-O-Wisp on Camerupt. Mega Camerupt is a great wallbreaker that forces a lot of switches, giving you free turns to set up a Substitute, which can also prove to be useful once Trick Room is down.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Superpower

can also run Adamant if you want to

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Yeah durant over escavalier looks pretty good, I'm gonna change that.
But though tangrowth looks nice on my team, but venu matchup becomes so much shaky though(not that amoonguss was doing much, but atleast i could absord a sludge bomb).
Also, doesn't slowking make my flechlinder weakness a bit more?(if somehow diancie goes down early)
BTW thanks :o)

Sylveon.

Importable ::
Joker (Hoopa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Totally useless in Gen_5 (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp

Spored_ya (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Its mega is good (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Moonblast

Aww_scizor (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I like pouting (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

Sylveon.

over

Actually I tried out tangrowth though powerful but opposing amoonguss is killing me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)