Tournament Tours Plaza Premier V - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator

Thanks Bka Onon for the art
Welcome to the fifth edition of the TOURS PLAZA PREMIER. Ready to take up the challenge as a manager? It's over here!​
  • The tournament will be composed of 8 teams of 8 players and a minimum of 3 subs that will compete in a straight round robin tournament, and every team will get to play against every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to our series semi-finals, where the #1 seed will take on the #4 seed, and #2 will take on the #3 seed, to determine our grand finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0.​
  • Each team has 110,000 points to spend on their draft of 8 players plus 3 subs minimum, with everybody on the team playing at least once. Each player starts at 3000 points in the auction, with playing managers fixed at 15,000 points per manager. This means that each team can have two managers playing.​
This year, the different tiers played in this competition are the following:
[Gen 9] Pokebilities + Almost Any Ability
[Gen 9] STABmons + Mix n' Mega
[Gen 9] National Dex Same Six (no tera)
[Gen 9] Mystery OU
[Gen 9] Partners in crime
[Multi-Gen] b12p6 Randbats bo3
[Gen 9] National Dex Ubers !obtainable formes
[Gen 9] Cap + Camomons
  • If you want to manage a team in TPP V, make a post using the below format. These are open signups, meaning any pair of users, regardless of auth status, is eligible to sign up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts (me and Theia) with the help of Tournaments room staff. This thread will be open until the end of next week whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager:
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Make sure to check out Tours Plaza for more TPP Discussion and information!​

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Manager: Lady Salamence
Assistant Manager: Natcrozma
Team Name: The Bidoof Princesses
List of Accomplishments: The duo of us have managed an OMFL team that enabled everyone who wanted a chance to play a game and nearly made finals. Nat's pretty accomplished on the PS! side of things for the Tournaments room (driver), and LS has a lot of experience in handling team environments/the social aspect of things (forum mod for the Draft League).
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Our OMFL team was popping :P But really, the two of us have intended to do this for a while and we have pretty good planning. Both of us are trustable with level of leadership and would like to apply those skills to a longer-form premier league. Also, nya gave permission to use her likeness which isn't an endorsement but I'm going to act like it is. LS hosts forum tours and Natcromza helps moderate PS! tours and we're on opposite sides of the globe it's like a perfect overlap and full availability (probably).

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Manager: Lady Salamence
Assistant Manager: Natcrozma
Team Name: The Bidoof Princesses
List of Accomplishments: The duo of us have managed an OMFL team that enabled everyone who wanted a chance to play a game and nearly made finals. Nat's pretty accomplished on the PS! side of things for the Tournaments room (driver), and LS has a lot of experience in handling team environments/the social aspect of things (forum mod for the Draft League).
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Our OMFL team was popping :P But really, the two of us have intended to do this for a while and we have pretty good planning. Both of us are trustable with level of leadership and would like to apply those skills to a longer-form premier league. Also, nya gave permission to use her likeness which isn't an endorsement but I'm going to act like it is. LS hosts forum tours and Natcromza helps moderate PS! tours it's like a perfect overlap.
:ss/bidoof:
confirming

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Manager: Dorron
Assistant Manager: seroo
Team Name: Alakoholics :alakazam:
List of Accomplishments: I, with help of the likes of seroo, have reintroduced the Spanish community to participate in side tours such as UUWC, MonoWC, NDWC (made semis with UK+Spain too) and more. I'm also cocaptain in WCOP in which we currently are in semis.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Managing many tours recently has given us very good experience in many different types of tours + seroo is part of the tournaments community; he knows the playerbase and as a Tours Plaza staff knows the tiers.
(thanks Arya for doing this)

Last edited:

Latias

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Latias
Assistant Manager: TDR
Team Name: Anistar Articunos
List of Accomplishments/Why would you make a good manager?: Both of us are active members in the Tours Plaza/Tours community. We managed the Anistar Articunos in TPP IV and made it to semis there. Both of us have also played this year’s BLT, with TDR winning the tour. He has also participated in past iterations of BLT and TLT. We have done a lot of tour hosting, with TDR having hosted a vast array of past gen tours. We have also participated in many tours throughout the years such as PSPL, ORASPL, RoaPL, NDWC, RBYPL, DOUWC and many more. We also prioritise having a good team environment and make sure our players have fun while playing. We know how these tiers work as well the players that are going to be playing.
anicunos.png

Last edited:

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Latias
Assistant Manager: TDR
Team Name: Anistar Articunos
List of Accomplishments/Why would you make a good manager?: Both of us are active members in the Tours Plaza/Tours community. We managed the Anistar Articunos in TPP IV and made it to semis there. Both of us have also played this year’s BLT, with TDR winning the tour. He has also participated in past iterations of BLT and TLT. We have done a lot of tour hosting, with TDR having hosted a vast array of past gen tours. We have also participated in many tours throughout the years such as PSPL, ORASPL, RoaPL, NDWC, RBYPL, DOUWC. We also prioritise having a good team environment and make sure our players have fun while playing.
View attachment 536401
confirming! :sphearical: to win it all this time.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: temp
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Utopian Gallades
List of Accomplishments: We've both been managers in previous iterations of TPP—Fluore's team making Semis in the past. They just recently solo-managed BSS World Cup to a victory, and got Asia out of relegation for RCOP while captaining there. I've managed BLT more than once too, shoutout to Micoy. I managed side tours with formats similar to TPP's, winning those tours as well. Both Fluore and I made it far into the latest TP Seasonal (and saba too shoutout saba), having to eliminate each other in the later stages of the tour.
Why would you make a good manager?: Player experiences on either of our teams have commonly been great; we're both active managers who'll be there when it comes to make important managerial decisions related to scheduling, line-ups, etc. I've also personally invested myself in learning each of the metas listed, joining tours, Discord servers, and doing test games in various formats so that I can strongly support my players with prep, test games, and team check-ups. We can ensure a fun environment on top of managing that'll lead the team in the right direction.

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: temp
Assistant Manager: Fluore
Team Name: Utopian Gallades
List of Accomplishments: We've both been managers in previous iterations of TPP—Fluore's team making Semis in the past. They just recently solo-managed BSS World Cup to a victory, and got Asia out of relegation for RCOP while captaining there. I've managed BLT more than once too, shoutout to Micoy. I managed side tours with formats similar to TPP's, winning those tours as well. Both Fluore and I made it far into the latest TP Seasonal (and saba too shoutout saba), having to eliminate each other in the later stages of the tour.
Why would you make a good manager?: Player experiences on either of our teams have commonly been great; we're both active managers who'll be there when it comes to make important managerial decisions related to scheduling, line-ups, etc. I've also personally invested myself in learning each of the metas listed, joining tours, Discord servers, and doing test games in various formats so that I can strongly support my players with prep, test games, and team check-ups. We can ensure a fun environment on top of managing that'll lead the team in the right direction.
confirming :blobthumbsup:

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Ferenia
Assistant Manager: Irene-2002
Team Name: Dazzling Diances ( we have a logo )
★List of Accomplishments:
OLK was captain and led his team to victory in the PTPL last year, winning his first CA in it. Last year he managed to qualify for the SS OU championship and this year he was considered to represent Latin America in the WCOP where he achieved a positive record.

For my part, I am quite new but I have had the opportunity to participate in different team tours such as BDSPPL (where I am already in finals with a positive record), PUPL, SSPL, I managed to qualify the BLT as part of the top 16, and I am currently the manager of other tournaments such as MOMPL.
★Why would you make a Good Manager?:
I think that we both could be good managers, OLK for his part has previous experience as a manager in tournaments both inside and outside the smogon community, tournaments like the SSPL and PTPL both held in smogon, as I already mentioned I am quite new however I am looking forward to captaining this tournament and taking victory, if you want an exciting and competitive tournament rest assured that you will have a good couple of managers here.

Manager: Ferenia
Assistant Manager: Irene-2002
Team Name: Dazzling Diances ( we have a logo )
★List of Accomplishments:
OLK was captain and led his team to victory in the PTPL last year, winning his first CA in it. Last year he managed to qualify for the SS OU championship and this year he was considered to represent Latin America in the WCOP where he achieved a positive record.

For my part, I am quite new but I have had the opportunity to participate in different team tours such as BDSPPL (where I am already in finals with a positive record), PUPL, SSPL, I managed to qualify the BLT as part of the top 16, and I am currently the manager of other tournaments such as MOMPL.
★Why would you make a Good Manager?:
I think that we both could be good managers, OLK for his part has previous experience as a manager in tournaments both inside and outside the smogon community, tournaments like the SSPL and PTPL both held in smogon, as I already mentioned I am quite new however I am looking forward to captaining this tournament and taking victory, if you want an exciting and competitive tournament rest assured that you will have a good couple of managers here.
Confirmo pues

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Fragments
Assistant Manager: longhiep341
Team Name: Atomic Bombirdiers
List of Accomplishments: I've managed RBTT (3x), CCC, UMPL, 2v2PL, CAPPL, BLT, and 1v1PL. Only ever missed playoffs once in all the tours I've managed (curse you CAPPL) and won RBTT4. Longhiep was my RBTT4 shadow manager and managed asia in WCOR, making playoffs. He also went 7-0 in TPP last year and is the best to ever do it.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have both played in TPP before, Hiep is also both an OM mod and OMM RO and I spend an ungodly amount of time around tours room and tours server. The 2 of us therefore have a deep knowledge of and connection with the community and can provide ample support for all of these metas. On top of that, my drafts are always playoff contenders, my team chats are incredibly active, and I can personally ensure all my players will have a fun season.

Manager: Fragments
Assistant Manager: longhiep341
Team Name: Atomic Bombirdiers
List of Accomplishments: I've managed RBTT (3x), CCC, UMPL, 2v2PL, CAPPL, BLT, and 1v1PL. Only ever missed playoffs once in all the tours I've managed (curse you CAPPL) and won RBTT4. Longhiep was my RBTT4 shadow manager and managed asia in WCOR, making playoffs. He also went 7-0 in TPP last year and is the best to ever do it.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have both played in TPP before, Hiep is also both an OM mod and OMM RO and I spend an ungodly amount of time around tours room and tours server. The 2 of us therefore have a deep knowledge of and connection with the community and can provide ample support for all of these metas. On top of that, my drafts are always playoff contenders, my team chats are incredibly active, and I can personally ensure all my players will have a fun season.
Confirming

Manager: AtraX Madara
Assistant Manager: kDCA
Team Name: Tyrannical Tinkatons

List of Accomplishments: I managed in different pl's and tours and only missed playoffs once, while reaching almost always Finals. I also won one of the only seasonals I have played of Tours Plaza and I have experience in most of the om's and tiers in the tour, while having already won 2 tours with the Tinkatons. kDCA has also experience in most of the tiers having made a lot of suspect tests and winning OMM tours such as Stabmons + MnM

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have good knowledge of the playerbase and can build and help testing the whole team, while I am also pro active in every tour I manage so we definitely can have a good draft and put our players in condition to have fun and win the whole tour

Manager:yokoisop
Assistant Manager:Pave Low
Team Name: Graceful Granbulls
List of Accomplishments: None we are bad
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We will win :)
Confirming the above :boi:

To add, even though we have hosted a single tour together so far, we are regulars of tours and we do understand things to a high degree; we do enjoy ourselves as is well known in the server. It would be a great opportunity to manage and involve ourselves more within the community, gaining an understanding. Plus, we're people people :toast:

seroo

ong
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Dorron
Assistant Manager: seroo
Team Name: Alakoholics :alakazam:
List of Accomplishments: I, with help of the likes of seroo, have reintroduced the Spanish community to participate in side tours such as UUWC, MonoWC, NDWC (made semis with UK+Spain too) and more. I'm also cocaptain in WCOP in which we currently are in semis.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Managing many tours recently has given us very good experience in many different types of tours + seroo is part of the tournaments community; he knows the playerbase and as a Tours Plaza staff knows the tiers.
confirming

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Manager: Eggs
Assistant Manager: Clas
Team Name: OPELUCID METAGAME MASHERS (OMM)
List of Accomplishments: I have been a manager in the previous 2 iterations of TPP and OMFL, while Clas simultaneously hosted and managed this year's OMFL. Clas is an OM driver and NDOT mod, and we are both OM Mashups mods familiar with hosting tournaments and ensuring player participation.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Eggs
Assistant Manager: Clas
Team Name: OPELUCID METAGAME MASHERS (OMM)
List of Accomplishments: I have been a manager in the previous 2 iterations of TPP and OMFL, while Clas simultaneously hosted and managed this year's OMFL. Clas is an OM driver and NDOT mod, and we are both OM Mashups mods familiar with hosting tournaments and ensuring player participation.
Confirming, though I didn't host OMFL - I submitted it too late and Tuther and Akeras hosted instead

blce

can you see me?
Manager: blce
Assistant Manager: Gingy
Team Name: Twinleaf Tinkatons
List of Accomplishments: I have managed a multitude of the Tournaments/Tours Plaza rooms team tours. Most notably, I have managed TPP III and IV, the latter making finals with the strongest regular season of all TPP iterations. Furthermore, I have managed the Dressrosa Dracovishes in BLT IX and X, and contributed art to Tours/Plaza team tours. My other accomplishments include placing 2nd at the Toronto VGC regionals, and playing in VGC Winter League (semifinalists), PSPL X (Arts & Culture + The Studio), and Team Canada for LCWC, PUWC and DOUWC (semi/finalists). Gingy is a renowned manager with experience in numerous official team tours. He has managed every iteration of SCL, making it to the finals and semifinals respectively. Additionally, he has managed and played in multiple SPL iterations with numerous playoffs series to his name, and also has managed and played for Team UK in the WCOP multiple times, and even brought Team UK out of relegation. He also has further experience managing and playing in side tours.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Tours Plaza was the first community that I felt welcome in on Pokemon Showdown. I have interacted a lot with the community over the past 2.5 years, and have a good understanding of the Tours/Plaza and OM/M playerbases. Additionally, I have managed in past iterations of TPP alongside other tournaments, showing great success in the last iteration of TPP. I have also aided in the planning for all the TPPs I participated in. TPP is a tournament that is very dear to me as I have made some of my best Smogon memories from it, and I am excited to give back while taking on the competition with Gingy this year. Gingy's invaluable experience will help further elevate our draft, team environment and prep. We are good friends that have great synergy and we look forward to managing together. As shown by the other teams we have managed, we can curate a very healthy and active team environment which will be fun for everyone, and provide a nourishing learning environment for players of all experience levels, while showing good results. Given that TPP features a variety of unique tiers, we are committed to learning these tiers to further support our team.
.png

tentative logo drawn by me

Last edited:

Fakee

LA FLAME
is a Tutor
Manager: Fakee
Assistant Manager: Dybala jr
Team Name: Liberty Marshadows

List of Accomplishments/Why would you make a Good Manager?: We believe we are a self-sufficient couple, my co-captain, DybalaJr, is a figure in the Hispanic scene, he has been captain twice in Los Juegos del Azar, and he is very involved with the randbats community as well, winning once the cc1v1 team tour. I for my part, I offer an active chat, with healthy presence and good vibes, I have also been present in tournaments of great renown such as SCL and WCOP 2 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)