Tournament Tours Plaza Invitational Week 2

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
approved by Nui

Welcome to the first edition of the Tours Plaza invitational tournament. 32 users with outstanding performance in the room have been selected to duke it out in various custom formats for one to emerge victorious.

Tournament rules:
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me or anyone else. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Other Important Rules:

• Only Pokemon ou and below are to be used unless specified otherwise. Standard battle clauses (sleep clause) etc, apply.
  • The tournament will be Best of 1, Single Elimination
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED. Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If no replays are posted, your game will be coin flipped
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Keep in mind that every week we'll specify a custom tier with specific rules if any that the players will play that week. In case of any issues feel free to ask me. Well then without further ado, here are the Week 2 Matchups.

Games are to be played in Monotype format on pokemon showdown and all rules and clauses related to the tier apply. The deadline for this week is 9th February 23:59 hrs EST.

Last edited:
Predicts:
Poison Adhesive vs Dandaman99: Poison does not lose in monotype (except to whiscash)
Momobannete vs beneux: Momo beat my team with mono water which automatically puts them at the top of the food chain
MGenius vs IKIQ: IKIQ is the GOAT for beating me but MGenius is the Shepard that guides these goats. MG has a vice grip on ALL metagames.
Roldski32 vs Laxus428: OM mashup god, skill should carry over
Aethernum vs Mammaluu: Italian showdown but Aet uses bastiodon so automatic favorite
El quimico del pueblucho vs sam.tan: predicting coin flip since scheduling has not been feiling fine's strong suit
Thimblebony vs thepokedude9999: two great players, thimb will win if they bring nu mons
Karl Dude Guy vs Saba1111: Saba only killed one mon in the previous game so giving this one to Karl

Last edited:
Let me at least do something and predict badly
Poison Adhesive VS DanDaMan99: I know Poison is the monotype king, but...Dan Dan Dan D-D-Dan is the Man!
MomoBanette VS beneux: Cos Banette can curse people and I feel that's what will happen if Momo loses.
MGenius VS iKiQ: Soul-link Partner against the Plimsoll Killer. Ought to be fun to watch, but MG got this. And if he doesn't then smh
Roldski32 VS Laxus428: Country Rolds, Take me home.
Aethernum VS Mammaluu: The owner of the spaghetti room always wins. (No offense to anyone in italiano. I just have a bad sense of humour is all.)
El quimico del pueblucho VS sam.tan: Supporting Sam_(Alien sounds) on this one cos I have no idea who the opp is. Sorry.
Thimblebony VS thepokedude9999: I'd probably make a better predict for this by flipping a coin.
Karl Dude Guy VS saba1111: First of all, Raj I hate you for pitting my two green name bois against each other. Secondly, I honestly want to see an upset, so uh, sorry saba.

saba

მე მოვტყნავ ყლევა არა უშნო ქალს
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Poison adhesive vs dandaman99 lucky for poison he avoided me, so he can’t lose in r2 either. But if anyone can steal that game it’s our man dan!
Monobannete vs beneux
Guy has mono in his name, that means he topped mono ladder at least 4 times.
MGenius vs iKiQ iKiQ survived marination, but can they outsmart self declared genius? I hope they can!
Roldski32 vs laxus428 428/32=11.2631 so laxus is 11.25 times better then roldski. That’s why I’m going to win :blobuwu::blobnom:
Aethernum vs mammaluu He created uno, that makes him wild card. That’s why he’ll win
El quimico del pueblucho VS sam.tan let’s just hope they schedule :pikuh:
Thimblebony vs thepokedude9999 oh god it’s over 9 thousand
Karl Dude Guy vs saba1111 gl hf dude
P.S. feel free to submit teams once you’ve played

Last edited:

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
MomoBannete(55) vs beneux(45): (My prophecy showed me that momo would barely win although anyone could win this tournament has showed me this and wouldn't be surprised to see beneux win)
MGenius (50) vs IkiQ (50): ( I thought about this a lot and couldn't come to a conclusion mg will probably ask me for teams and if he does he will probably w but if he doesn't then ikiQ got a good shot)
Roldski32 vs Laxus428 (60): ( I believe laxus if a bit better based on the evidence given to me)
Aethernum (40) vs mammaluu(60): (mammaluu gonna come up on aeth like
tenor (2).gif
precisely)
El quimico del pueblucho(???) vs sam.tan(???): ( no clue)
Thimblebony (60) vs thepokedude999 (40): ( he'll win i can feel it)
Although all good games in their own rights and look forward to it n_n

MG

formerly MGenius
is a Tiering Contributor
Won vs iKiQ in a very scary and good game!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-857768161
So since I beat the Goat who beat PP Goat, ist now confirmed I AM THE REAL GOAT!!!!!
Another shoutout to Poison Adhesive for not giving me a Team, so I had to use my own Team which won me the game! :D
Also thx iKiQ for beating PP r1, otherwise I had to face him.
Also another shoutout to PoisonAdhesive for guessing me SASH HP Fire Ribombee (the mon which I! actually picked myself) >:( >:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)