Rejected - Inactive Tour Notification

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
-I know a few people who will usually join a room when they notice they are hosting any sort of Random Battle Tournament. To view all tours you must type in '/tours' and if you see one that has started then it is too late. My idea is an option that notifies you when a certain tournament has started, even in rooms you are not currently in.
-How would you get the notification? One way could be from a PM from &, another could be a popup similar to one you get when warned/banned or promoted/demoted, or lastly something like /showjoins but it just shows the user where the tour is and what format.
-Onto the next part would be format and how to customize it. A possibility would be in user settings similar to that of chat preferences (formatting) that brings up a list of all currently active formats, OMs and Pet Mods as if you were selecting one to ladder on. On the screen you could select which formats you want to be notified of.
-If the previous part is rejected, a button in settings that just says "Get notified on Random Battle Tournaments" could be a nice alternative.
-In general I think this would help improve the amount of users who join tours as well as rooms that host tours by increasing their potential user count.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I love the idea, but please do not ever make it a pop-up! Would be awful to constantly be distracted out of battles/chats, even if it's by your favorite battle format tournaments.
A subtle PM notification from & for your formats of choice would be awesome though. And that could be a nice compromise with regards to the previously brought up suggestion of receiving notifications only for certain types of tournaments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)