Torment-based Stall. No Hazards, No Weather.

This team was brought about when I asked myself the following:

"How annoying would it be if Whimsicott and Tormentran were on the same team?"

I've been playing with this team for a few months now, and I have yet to see a team like it, so here it is.
It's not hard to see why I haven't come across it: it doesn't win at the 30 turn, 60 turn, or even the 90 turn mark.
It wins by slowly, meticulously, wearing the opponent down (Pokemon/Player alike), using Pokemon with absurd amounts of longevity. It deals damage through Poison, Burn, and Leech Seed; that's about it.
The primary mechanic for stalling is torment, a move that unfailingly and irrevocably disrupts a Pokemon's effectiveness, forcing switches (which get tormented in turn upon entering).

That being said, the most common path to victory is being so annoying to play the enemy leaves by turn 30.

[pimg]575[/pimg]
Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Stun Spore

Whimsicott is the matador. He dances to and fro about the field, the blows of his prey never seem to connect, incessantly poking and prodding. He’s arguably evil, yet undeniably a master of his art.
Whimsicott’s duty is to make “Difficult” Pokémon manageable, accomplishing this through draining life, forcing switches, and spreading paralysis.
And damn does he ever to a good job at it.

[pimg]490[/pimg]
Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 44 SDef / 220 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Protect
- Torment

Tormentran mysteriously vanished in Pokemon’s 5th iteration, and I’m not exactly sure why, seeing as it refuses to die ever.
Seriously, this thing behind a substitute puts brick walls to shame.
Heatran serves as a defensive pivot until he is given an opportunity to set up, at which point he strives to burn everything it can before it has to bug out.
It's slow going, of course, but that’s all right by him.

[pimg]477[/pimg]
Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Torment
- Protect
- Substitute
- Poison Jab

Gliscor learns torment, which is incredible.
You know why?
Because this means not only can she stall anything she outspeeds ‘till the cows come home, but unless the opponent has two moves capable of breaking her subs, she will always crawl back up to 100%. Anything paralyzed by Whimsicott is forever unable to touch Gliscor. Poison Jab is a handy tool at Gliscor’s disposal; its 30% poison chance is rather reliable considering that Gliscor behind a Sub is effectively immortal. The poison typing of the attack is unfortunate, but Heatran can safely handle most anything that Gliscor can’t touch.

[pimg]121[/pimg]
Starmie @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie’s trick is one of the surefire ways to completely shut down an opposing pokemon. Not only are they now ridiculously easy to predict, but they also are forced to struggle every other turn when under torment, which makes setting up Gliscor/Heatran as easy as lying. Aside from this purpose, Starmie serves as the team Rapidspinner and the only offensively Oriented team member.

[pimg]113[/pimg]
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Chansey is the Mother Hen of the group, making sure everyone is in prime condition. Completely restoring Gliscor/Heatran back to prime fighting condition has brought about more than a few ragequits.

[pimg]195[/pimg]
Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Earthquake

Often when tormented, opponents will spend every other move buffing their pokemon. Quagsire largely mitigates this issue, switching in when the opponent is buffing.
Once in, Quagsire uses recover to gauge the damage output of his foe, and then acts accordingly.
By Stockpiling on turns the opponent can’t use its most powerful attack, Quagsire can reliably tank most every tormented Pokemon. Assuming they aren’t sporting grass attacks, that is.

So... thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)