Entertainment Top 5 Bullshit Sidequests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(title isn't final ofc)

this article would basically be a countdown/list of all the sidequests in the main series games that were either extremely tedious, extremely difficult, or seemed to be included in the game specifically to troll the players. The idea of the article would be to list them in order, and try to make the reader look back and think "wow, that *was* bullshit ._.".

I'm open to suggestions on what sidequests to include, just as long as they both fall under the tedious, difficult, or trolly categories, and aren't part of the main storyline. The Hallowed Tower sidequest and the entire cross generational sidequest involving the regis are guarenteed entries if this takes off.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Shuckle side quest in Cianwood was pretty lame and pointless. The sick Miltank side quest was pretty bad too.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I must be missing tags but yes.

Can it include XD Lucky Egg quest, or at least honorable mention

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I must be missing tags but yes.

Can it include XD Lucky Egg quest, or at least honorable mention
That depends, would you count the gamecube games as main series or no? I'm pretty sure i remember what you're talking about (muted pokemon right?)

anyone else have suggestions?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah that dumb thing in XD.

I mean it is using the battle system, but wikipedia says spin-off. I'll just let you write your stuff this ought to be hilarious. If anything a spin-off article can be done later.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
alrighty, still need to think of some good ideas for the other three though? (i'd be totally willing to do the XD thing tbh)

as i mentioned before would getting porygon at the rocket game corner count or no (and/or chansey at the safari zone)?

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Porygon was done purely to complete the Pokedex or just because you wanted it, so the sidequest still had merit imo. Can't really bring any other examples to the table, this topic is something I've surprisingly not bothered to catalogue. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)