LC Togepi QC 3/3 GP 2/2

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
QC Mambo Yagura Goddess Briyella
GP Antemortem hollywood

Overview
########

Togepi was limited in previous generations by its typing and the ubiquitous amount of Fighting-type Pokemon in the metagame. However, this generation it received a type change to Fairy, which traded one weakness and immunity for two weaknesses, three resistances, and a different immunity. Even with this massive change, Togepi's well-rounded bulk and strong coverage options make it a stellar supporting Baton Passer.

Baton Pass
########
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Nasty Plot / Work Up
move 3: Wish / Morning Sun
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
item: Eviolite
evs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Baton Pass is a safety net that helps you swap to another teammate that can deal with the issue Togepi's facing or pass on two different boosting options. Nasty Plot doubles Togepi's somewhat usable Special Attack and will always benefit a specially offensive recipient. Work Up, however, will boost both offensive stats by one stage, making it easier to choose which teammate to pass the boosts to. Wish can also be passed, healing whoever comes in. Morning Sun is solely for healing Togepi reliably, as it is an immediate effect. Finally, Dazzling Gleam is a powerful STAB option.

Set Details
========

The EV spread provides Eviolite numbers after the Bold nature increase and it allows Togepi to outspeed Foongus and Wynaut. The HP EVs ensure Togepi takes less damage from Stealth Rock as you switch it in.

Usage Tips
========

Switch Togepi in on Fightring-types, but be sure not to come in on those with Poison-type coverage such as Croagunk or Pancham. A field clear of entry hazards will keep Togepi at optimal health. You should also avoid Poison-types, as they are difficult to set up and stay in on. Togepi's slow Baton Pass will aid its recipient by giving it a free entry without being hurt.

Team Options
========

Defog support from Vullaby will ensure safe entry onto the field. Vullaby can also pick off Foongus. If you would rather use Rapid Spin to keep your entry hazards active, then Drilbur will also suffice. It also has the added bonus of handling Poison-types. Fighting-types such as Pancham and Timburr are able to scare away Pawniard as well as help break down those which carry Poison-type coverage. Abra and Elekid make excellent recipients of boosts, as they can sweep with a boost from Nasty Plot or Work Up, respectively.

Other Options
########

Togepi can opt to run Fire Blast as an answer to Steel-types that resist Dazzling Gleam such as Ferroseed and Pawniard. Flamethrower can be used instead of Fire Blast, as it's more accurate and has more PP, but it's less powerful. Psychic is a great choice for beating the Poison-types that resist Dazzling Gleam such as Foongus and Trubbish. Togepi could utilize a Nasty Plot set which uses Stored Power and Ancient Power as the main attacking moves. Another thing Togepi has in stride is support moves. Encore and Yawn are good phazing moves that often force switches, while Mirror Coat deflects hazards and volatile statuses. Reflect and Light Screen help mitigate damage, and Counter can demolish any physical attackers. Softboiled is another healing option that isn't hampered by the current weather condition and has more PP than Morning Sun. Its only downfall is that it's illegal with Nasty Plot.

Checks & Counters
########

**Phazing**: Clear Smog is a massive hamper to Togepi's success. Not only does it hit super effectively but it also robs Togepi and Baton Pass recipients of their boosts. Roar and Whirlwind users such as Hippopotas can take away boosts from Togepi and its teammates, though they don't do damage.

**Taunt**: Taunt users such as Froakie, Mienfoo and Onix can freely outspeed and eliminate it's ability to escape via Baton Pass. Mienfoo, however, is weak to Fairy-type moves, so you can take advantage of its moment of weakness.

**Switcheroo and Trick**: Buneary and Binacle will force Topepi to take their Choice item which will in turn weaken its defenses and lock it into one move.

**Steel-type Pokemon**: Pawniard and Ferroseed have a hazard to set up and Knock Off to eliminate Togepi's item. They will usually employ Iron Head to deal the most damage.

**Poison-type Pokemon**: Foongus, while slower than Togepi, can Spore and Clear Smog, forcing Togepi to start over. Trubbish, however, will take the time to nail Togepi with Gunk Shot or start stacking Spikes.

**Stat Drops** Moves and abilities that force stat drops such as Intimidate and Parting Shot will ruin your Work Up recipient, as they wont gain any Attack boosts as they come in. Taking time to acquire more boosts will leave your team open to more trouble as well.

Overview
########

+ New typing means new immunities and resistances
+ LARGE support movepool
+ LARGE special movepool
= Defenses are not the best but they offer some bulk with investment
- Poor Speed holds it back
- New typing means two weaknesses instead of one

SET NAME
########
name: Baton Pass
move 2: Nasty Plot / Work Up
move 3: Wish / Morning Sun
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
ability: Hustle
evs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe

Moves
========

-Baton Pass gives you an escape as well as passing boosts to a recipient of your choice
-Nasty Plot doubles Special Attack, gives Toge some added meat to it's attacks and also benefits the recipient
-Work Up buffs both Attack and Special Attack by one stage so it can be passed to anyone without any discrimination
-Dazzling Gleam is powerful STAB option
-Wish takes two turns to give you health, could also heal a teammate on the switch in
-Morning Sun gives back HP faster than Wish but cannot pass along to teammates

Set Details
========

-EVs allow Toge to hit 21 HP / 24 Def / 22 SpD after Eviolite
-EVs avoids an OHKO from Pawn's Iron Head as well as from Foongus' Sludge Bomb
-Bold Nature helps boost Def to an Eviolite number
-Hustle is to stop Trace pokemon like Porygon from being more annoying
-Hitting 9 Speed outpaces Foongus and Wynaut before they can get the drop on you

Usage Tips
========

-Come in on resisted hits and acquire Nasty Plot or Work Up boost(s)
-Fighting Types who don't carry Poison type coverage (Pancham / Timburr / Croagunk) are perfect choices to come in on and set up.
-Hazard Control would be nice to keep Togepi as healthy as possible
-Avoid Poison Types, you cannot set up on them at all.
-Slow Baton pass out to your receiver and commence the sweeping

Team Options
========

-Elekid gets a Work Up and in turn can beat Foongus and Pawniard (with Substitute it is able to get past Pawn a bit more easily) on the slow switch in
-Abra appreciates +2 and a slow switch in. It can beat all Poison types on the switch
-Fighting types like Mienfoo and Timburr scare off Pawniard for Togepi.
-Birds like Vullaby handle Foongus and can also Defog hazards away.
-Drilbur is able to check Trubbish and also get rid of hazards as well.

Other Options
########

-The main set would appreciate Psychic as a coverage option to maim Poison Types who resist your Fairy STAB.
-Fire Blast hits Steel types like Pawniard and Grass Types like Foongus for massive damage
-Flamethrower can be used as it is more accurate and can be used more than Fire Blast but there is a noticeable power decrease.
-NP sweeper set with great coverage in Stored Power, Shadow Ball, and Ancient Power (which gets a small boon of increasing all stats when stacked with Serene Grace)
-Nice support options in Yawn, Magic Coat, Counter, Thunder Wave, Screens, and Encore.
-Softboiled is better healing option that's not ruined by weather with double the PP of Morning Sun. However it is incompatible with Nasty Plot.

Checks & Counters
########

**Phazing** : Clear Smog not only hits you for SE damage but it also robs you of your boosts. Roar and Whirlwind users like Hippopotas, while having negative priority will also force you out and eliminate your boosts
**Taunt**: Taunt is a huge heartstopper to Togepi's plans to get in and get out quickly. Froakie, Onix and Mienfoo are all users who will outspeed and block you off. Mienfoo is the only one with Knock Off and who is weak to your STAB. Take advantage of that.
**Steel-Type Pokemon**: Even though Pawniard is 2HKOd by Fire Blast, Iron Head still deals hefty amounts of damage to you.
**Poison-Type Pokemon**: Foongus outspeeds and can status you, Clear Smog eliminates your boosts. Trubbish can also scare you out with it's Gunk Shot, leaving it more time to set up Spikes.
**Switcheroo and Trick**: Buneary and Binacle can take away your Eviolite and leave you with a Choice item, which will completely neuter you.
**Encore**: Faster Encore users like Cottonee and Bunerary can take advantage of Togepi's low speed and use of status moves and lock it into Nasty Plot.
**Stat drops**: Intimidators like Snubbull, and Parting Shot Pancham all can give Togepi negatives to pass on to it's recipient.

Last edited:
EVs are to take special hits; although you can always switch to 235 Def to take physical hits.
236. Also, shouldn't you be investing in physical defense? Most of Togepi's resists, Fighting, Dragon, Dark, and U-turn, are primarily physical. And you might be boosting SpD with Calm Mind too.

Also, I think Substitute is at least as useful as HP Ice, especially since you can Baton Pass it.

Mention some good receivers for Calm Mind / Nasty Plot. Misdreavus resists Poison and has 19 speed and fantastic STAB. Chinchou resists Steel and has great STAB coverage and access to Agility. Houndour resists Steel too, and fries Pawniard pretty good, and it has Flame Charge.

Also mention that every non-Baton Pass set is outclassed by Swirlix (offensive) or Spritzee (Wish). Also, mention Wish. Actually, it also gets Encore. So a support set might be viable? Dazzing Gleam / Wish / Encore / Protect???? Probably not though, Spritzee is ridiculously good. Also Togepi has shitty HP. And shitty bulk in general.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
236. Also, shouldn't you be investing in physical defense? Most of Togepi's resists, Fighting, Dragon, Dark, and U-turn, are primarily physical. And you might be boosting SpD with Calm Mind too.

Also, I think Substitute is at least as useful as HP Ice, especially since you can Baton Pass it.

Mention some good receivers for Calm Mind / Nasty Plot. Misdreavus resists Poison and has 19 speed and fantastic STAB. Chinchou resists Steel and has great STAB coverage and access to Agility. Houndour resists Steel too, and fries Pawniard pretty good, and it has Flame Charge.

Also mention that every non-Baton Pass set is outclassed by Swirlix (offensive) or Spritzee (Wish). Also, mention Wish. Actually, it also gets Encore. So a support set might be viable? Dazzing Gleam / Wish / Encore / Protect???? Probably not though, Spritzee is ridiculously good. Also Togepi has shitty HP. And shitty bulk in general.

I'll get those changed/added in.

EDIT: Changes added~
EDIT: oops forgot to change evs like i said i would :p, It's changed now~

I should be ready for QC now~

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I'm going to go ahead and say right now that Togepi's base stats make it a much better Baton Pass recipient than a boost passer. Also, the fact that Togepi gets Serene Grace and there is no mention of Ancient Power in the analysis is criminal.

I have used Togepi extensively with Baton Pass and it is not a reliable boost passer at all. It needs Ancient Power to abuse with Serene Grace and it needs Stored Power to have a super strong attack after it has other boosts passed to it. The set I've been using is below, and is the one I recommend putting in the analysis.

Baton Pass
########
name: Baton Pass
move 2: Dazzling Gleam
move 3: Ancient Power
move 4: Stored Power
ability: Serene Grace
item: Berry Juice
evs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 76 SpD / 116 Spe

Used with Substitutes and boosts from the likes Mienfoo (Bulk Up), Torchic (Speed Boost, Swords Dance, Focus Energy), and Mime Jr (Barrier, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot), this is the best Baton Pass set Togepi can run and it mows down the opposition. Serene Grace + Ancient Power is too good to not use when you have Togepi's kind of natural bulk, and Stored Power is incredible for allowing accumulated boosts to all focus into one super strong attack, which just so happens to also get a super effective hit on the Poison-types that threaten Togepi with their STAB attacks. Being walled by Steel-types is a small price to pay for the awesome gifts provided by this set, and Togepi can blow past them after boosts anyway (Bronzor can give this set problems but that's what teammates are for; Suction Cups Inkay is also an amazing Baton Pass recipient and can muscle past Bronzor with its Dark-type STAB, and Night Slash has a 100% crit rate as well if Focus Energy is passed by Torchic).

I'll finish QCing this later after my mind settles on this some more. For now, I recommend changing your set to this one.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
sorry, i'm going to say reject to a wish set. yeah it gets TWave but other than that you just basically should be using spritzee who has better HP for wishpassing and better SpA, along with access to moonblast>dazzling gleam

unfortunately togepi is kinda useless but yeah, just go with briyella's set

add poisons to counters and 1/3 for the rest

wait for other QC to reject before removing it though

Just popping into to say that I think you should add Yawn under OO, while it isn't the greatest of all moves, it forces switches or cripples Pokemon, which it or its teammates can take advantage of.

actually I did talk with jac about this before, and we decided that a wish set is just inferior to spritzee

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Both from personal experience and from watching ZF's games, I think that Calm Mind should be slashed in the Baton Pass set because it lets Togepi live some hits and actually let it Baton Pass some self-achieved boosts. It can also be a cool combination with Wish and/or Protect in order to survive and stay in, and you can then Baton Pass the Wish and the CM boosts or just stay in and fire off Stored Power/Ancient Power. I also think that Morning Sun deserves a slash on the defensive set because it's a more reliable and instant way to heal off damage, but you do pass up on the ability to support your teammates with Wish. Or you can run both, idc it's a free country.

Wasn't ZF running Nasty Plot, not Calm Mind? I think its worth slashing over Calm Mind. I don't think Calm Mind gives you the boost you really need in comparison to Nasty Plot.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
UPDATE

Changed to a Nasty Plot Baton Pass set

Im looking for advice before i toss this up to QC and GP

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You mention a HUGE support movepool yet do nothing about it, either in as a set, or as OO material. Mention in OO its ability to run niche moves like Counter, Magic Coat, and Trick. Yawn could deserve a mention too, however that is extremely niche. I actually prefer Goddess Briyella's set, as Fire Blast is just dumb. However if you feel that NastyPass does deserve a mention, keep the set, I'd rather get some other members' attention to this. Morning Sun is trash, just use Softboiled that doesn't rely on weather to be perfect and also has more PP.

You can't honestly tell me that that is all the information you can provide on Checks / Counters? You can easily split "New Weaknesses" up into "Steel-types / Poison-types / etc." Mention how togepi is frail as shit and can be 2HKOed by most neutral attacks? How its a shitty Knock Off switchin? Please expand on this, as well as usage tips. You should try and settle for 5-6 sentences for each section (bar C&C as that is seperate) and right now I fail to see how you can even get 3 sentences out of a lot of your sections.

You mention "new recovery in Morning Sun" in OO yet have it in the main set. Remove "has cleric potential" in OO as this is entirely outclassed by Spritzee. Literally there is zero reason to ever use Togepi as a cleric other than to fuck with people.

Make the name of the set and SET NAME be the same thing, formatting wise. Again you also mention huge support movepool yet do nothing about it other than Dazzling Gleam and Fire Blast. Please mention a shit ton of stuff in OO / even have a set for some of them. Not QCing yet until this is formatted better

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
In the current metagame, NastyPass is probably the best thing Togepi has that nothing else does. Wish is cool too, but it plays second fiddle to Spritzee for that. My set above is way out of date and was made during a time when Baton Pass had better chain members, including Gligar and Meditite; it should be disregarded now.

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
- Togepi has 65/65 defenses, which is more than "okay" imo and it's not "destroyed by neutral hits" when invested

Moveset:
- Bold -> Relaxed to underspeed a lot of stuff, allowing Togepi to safely Baton Pass into something brutal, like Elekid or Gastly

Set Details:
- Explain Relaxed nature
- Remove point about Foongus because different Speed
- More depth regarding defense EVs, maybe a few examples of what it avoids being OHKOed or 2HKOed by (i.e. living Pawniard's Iron Head)

Usage Tips:
- This is really bare; give examples of Pokemon to switch into and other factors that could hamper Togepi's capabilities, such as hazards or foes that can shut it down
- Remove the mention of Memento, as its already in Team Options

Team Options:
- Mention how Memento and Parting Shot on Pawniard, one of Togepi's common switch-ins, is a terrible idea
- Include the fact that, unless Elekid has Substitute, Pawniard can Sucker Punch prior to Elekid using Thunderbolt/Cross Chop
- Replace mention of Fletchling with Vullaby, indicating how Vullaby can handle Foongus; it can also Defog hazards that weaken Togepi's ability to take a hit prior to Baton Passing
----- Building off of this, mention Drilbur as well, as it can handle Trubbish

Other Options:
- Include mention of how Ancient Power has its boosting chance increased due to Serene Grace
- Remove the mentions of Sticky Web, as Togepi is a terrible abuser of it and it doesn't really apply to Togepi's other options

Checks and Counters:
- Change "Steel Weakness" and "Poison Weakness" to Steel-types and Poison-types
- Mention Taunt users
- Mention Trick/Switcheroo users
- Mention Encore users
- Mention Memento/Parting Shot/Intimidate users, as they nullify the beneficial nature of Baton Pass

You should probably elaborate on each section a little more, as right now it's rather minimal
QC 1/3 (I think, idk if any of the other "checks" count)

Set Details: Use a spread of 76 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 236 SpD which allows you to hit an Eviolite number in Special Defense and put 0 IVs in Speed.

Moves: State that Fire Blast also deals with Ferroseed.

Usage Tips: Remove mentions of Memento for the reasons stated by Mambo.

Other Options: Once again you didn't remove mentions of webs yet. Mention Flamethrower and that it can be used over Fire Blast for better accuracy and more PP however it has less power. Also give a mention to Psychic as it allows it to deal with Poison-types, and Heal Bell along with the support moves. You can also state that Morning Sun is also a cool option given how Sun is becoming too common nowadays.

Checks and Counters: Mention Mienfoo along with the Taunt Pokémon and that it should beware of Dazzling Gleam.

Good job and please try to add everything that other QC state, do the changes and you're QC 2/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
Some checks n counters stuff

**Taunt**: Taunt is a huge heartstopper to Togepi's plans to get in and get out quickly. Cottonee and Onix dont particularly care for what you're doing and will defeat you with their moves. Cottonee has to watch out for Fire Blast however.

Not really feeling this section as the second one. Dazzling gleam nearly one-shots onix at +2, so it needs sturdy and juice active to do anything beyond 1-time check you. They won't beat you with their moves and fire blast, being standard on togepi, is something that cottonee really needs to watch out for, 62.5% to ohko after rocks.

Yeah they're checks but near-suicide ones who don't even damage you much. Still worth mention absolutely, maybe just lower.

**Poison-Type Pokemon**: Foongus outspeeds and can status you, Clear Smog eliminates your boosts. Trubbish can also scare you out with it's Gunk Shot, leaving it more time to set up Spikes.

Gunk fails to ko pretty hard though.

**Switcheroo and Trick**: Buneary and Binacle can take away your Eviolite and leave you with a Choice item, which will completely neuter you.

You can still pass once though, if you np'd on the switch-in.

**Stat drops**: Intimidators like Snubbull, Memento users like Cottonee and Diglett and Parting Shot Pancham all can give Togepi negatives to pass on to it's recipient. It also sets the opponent up for a counterattack in a set up sweeper.

The attack droppers only hurt mixed sweepers or bp chains, and seem to be pure setup bait. As for memento; np as they come in, np again on the memento, no harm done. Maybe mention rock tomb here?

By the way, the above spread is probably better, but 36 speed evs and no -spe nature lets you outspeed and torch foongus; you get like
+2 36 SpA Togepi Fire Blast vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22)

Js, qc can decide

doomsday doink

Some checks n counters stuff

**Taunt**: Taunt is a huge heartstopper to Togepi's plans to get in and get out quickly. Cottonee and Onix dont particularly care for what you're doing and will defeat you with their moves. Cottonee has to watch out for Fire Blast however.

Not really feeling this section as the second one. Dazzling gleam nearly one-shots onix at +2, so it needs sturdy and juice active to do anything beyond 1-time check you. They won't beat you with their moves and fire blast, being standard on togepi, is something that cottonee really needs to watch out for, 62.5% to ohko after rocks.

Yeah they're checks but near-suicide ones who don't even damage you much. Still worth mention absolutely, maybe just lower.

Gunk fails to ko pretty hard though.

You can still pass once though, if you np'd on the switch-in.

**Stat drops**: Intimidators like Snubbull, Memento users like Cottonee and Diglett and Parting Shot Pancham all can give Togepi negatives to pass on to it's recipient. It also sets the opponent up for a counterattack in a set up sweeper.

The attack droppers only hurt mixed sweepers or bp chains, and seem to be pure setup bait. As for memento; np as they come in, np again on the memento, no harm done. Maybe mention rock tomb here?

By the way, the above spread is probably better, but 36 speed evs and no -spe nature lets you outspeed and torch foongus; you get like
+2 36 SpA Togepi Fire Blast vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22)

Js, qc can decide
A lot of your points revolve around using Nasty Plot while the foe switches out, but if Togepi gets matched up against one of these Pokemon, it's going to lose. Just because a Pokemon can't outright KO it doesn't mean it doesn't check Togepi with great success. Also, the basis of the set is to Baton Pass the Nasty Plot boost, not stay in and try to fend off Pokemon that dgaf about Togepi. It's not a sweeper, it's a support Pokemon.

tehy

Banned deucer.
A lot of your points revolve around using Nasty Plot while the foe switches out, but if Togepi gets matched up against one of these Pokemon, it's going to lose.
Okay, but that makes them subpar checks. If all you can do is "stop pokemon from doing stuff if it comes into you, that's barely a check. Luckily there aren't any checks of this variety listed here, but it should be said that the most important part of a check is how it switches in (well, apart from what it does while switched in)
Just because a Pokemon can't outright KO it doesn't mean it doesn't check Togepi with great success.
No, but the fact does bear mentioning.
Also, the basis of the set is to Baton Pass the Nasty Plot boost, not stay in and try to fend off Pokemon that dgaf about Togepi. It's not a sweeper, it's a support Pokemon.
I understood this completely (i assume you refer to taunt). While stopping it from passing makes taunt mention-worthy, it's still a suicidal check that doesn't really damage you (taunt users can attack once afterward and mostly suicide), and that makes it pretty subpar.

Understand that i'm not saying these aren't worth listing, with the exception of some stat droppers-a choice item stops you from passing after the first time, trubbish damages you too much to pass again, etc. That said, the flaws of these checks and counters bear mentioning.

SET NAME
########
name: Nasty Plot + Baton Pass
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Dazzling Gleam
move 4: Fire Blast / Morning Sun
ability: Serene Grace
evs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
nature: Relaxed
I think that you should slash Soft-Boiled over Morning Sun. It's more reliable because it isn't affected by weather and has more PP than Morning Sun, so it's generally more reliable. I get that Togepi isn't like to be coming in frequently enough for this to be a major issue, but it's a good precaution to take just in case.

EDIT: Didn't realize that, my bad :[ Sorry

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
I think that you should slash Soft-Boiled over Morning Sun. It's more reliable because it isn't affected by weather and has more PP than Morning Sun, so it's generally more reliable. I get that Togepi isn't like to be coming in frequently enough for this to be a major issue, but it's a good precaution to take just in case.
Soft-Boiled and Nasty Plot are incompatible with each other, since Soft-Boiled is a Gen 3 tutor move and Nasty Plot is bred on in Gen 4.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Togepi @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot / Work Up
- Wish / Morning Sun
- Dazzling Gleam

This is the set Mambo and I decided would be best. Nasty Plot is obviously the boosting move of choice here, but Work Up is an alternative that allows you to benefit either a physical or special sweeper if a quick change of plans is in order, allowing for less power but more flexibility. Wish heals Togepi or a teammate (works well with Baton Pass) and Morning Sun provides Togepi with more immediate healing that doesn't take 2 turns. This set uses 9 Speed to outrun Foongus and Wynaut before they can foil the setup. The Hustle ability is useless here, but so are Togepi's other abilities (20% hax from Psychic and Fire Blast are not worth Serene Grace), and if Porygon is to come in and Trace Togepi's ability, you definitely do not want to give it Serene Grace and let it status hax you to death with Tri Attack.

• Togepi has better bulk than your writeup suggests. It can actually take neutral hits incredibly well and can afford to take one super effective one if it has to before passing the boosts.
  • Eviolite is obviously the better item here since Togepi can heal itself, but Berry Juice is an alternative that allows it to take two hits from notably hard attacks such as STAB Flare Blitz from Ponyta, before passing boosts. This should be added to Other Options.
  • Add Fire Blast and Psychic to Other Options, to hit the types that resist Dazzlling Gleam for super effective damage. Also, remove Calm Mind from this segment, as Togepi does not have access to that move.
  • It's VERY important that you emphasize how easy it is to get Togepi into play. It can comfortably set up on just about any Fighting-type besides Croagunk (and Gunk Shot Pancham after ORAS), so it can find a time to come in and do its thing reasonably easily. Be sure to highlight this in Usage Tips.

QC 2/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)