Tournament TLT VII: Tours' Leaderboard Tournament (Cycle 2 Is live)

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I say this every year and im never taken seriously, so here we go again:

im geniuly in awe of how such an AWFUL format for qualifying is always used.

The qualifying phase, should be FUN, as this is a GAME. Every year, it seems the hosts have an irrational phobia of having "too many bad players" in the tour if we raised the amount of participants. Im dead serious, amongst the ppl actually grinding for this, it's a well established fact that actually playing in the tours room is terrible. Making qualifying easier ( let's say we double the amount of entrants) makes it a. easier for strong players with less time to qualify without needing to stress out and b. makes it so tours regular actually have a shot.

Qualifying for this is hilariously time consuming to an almsot absurd degree. Heck, I would challenge anyone of the organizers for the tour to try to qualify for this, just to see how fun it is.

The playoff phase of this tour is really fun and I dont get why we dont just lower the requirements to play it.
To be quite honest, I would be down for this in the future installments of this tournament. The current structure does favors heavy grinding which not everyone can be able to do, and having more players will make the completion better (as well as potentially introduce new players into the scene which should be a goal for this tournament). There are some ideas that I think could work if we were able to expand (potential 3 round Swiss ~> 32 double elimination playoffs or just a large double elimination ) come to mind, or anything else for the format that you can suggest at the end of the event survey would also be appreciated, as I want this tournament to reflect what the community wants at the end of the day.

To be quite honest, I would be down for this in the future installments of this tournament. The current structure does favors heavy grinding which not everyone can be able to do, and having more players will make the completion better (as well as potentially introduce new players into the scene which should be a goal for this tournament). There are some ideas that I think could work if we were able to expand (potential 3 round Swiss ~> 32 double elimination playoffs or just a large double elimination ) come to mind, or anything else for the format that you can suggest at the end of the event survey would also be appreciated, as I want this tournament to reflect what the community wants at the end of the day.

I think making it more blt like with 2 phases would help.

You could have 3 cycle, and then top 8 in those qualify for the SECOND phase.

So u would have 24 players in phase 2, the last 8 players are selected in a first phase, which could be Swiss or wtv, where u only need a certain number of pts to qualify for that. it would take longer in the total time BUT you would spend less time actually grinding and more time playing fun tour sets.

Finally I think to solve seeding, ppl with the most points should get to choose their opponents for r1

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Cycle 1 is officially complete, those who have qualified be sure to signup in the signups thread! And with that cycle 2 is also officially underway, good luck to all who are participating!

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
im not posting a tier list but there are no s tier players (including myself).

do with that info what you will, any tier list with s tier players is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)