Tournament TLT VII: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1699119133617.png

Banner by the GOAT sirDonovan | Approved by Theia
Welcome to the seventh iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.​

The tiers that will be played are:
SV Ubers
SV OU
SV UU
SV RU
SV NU
SV PU
SV LC
SV DOU
SV Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Tranquility is seed #1, while Daki is seed #16. Daki, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by Tranquility locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Daki, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. Tranquility follows with OU. Daki then eliminates LC, and Tranquility eliminates Doubles OU. Daki then eliminates Monotype, and Tranquility eliminates NU. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Daki locked in), RU (what Tranquility locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, Tranquility, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. Tranquility then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - read these, especially if you're new to forum tours
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round One Matchups

1. Penter vs 32. giove97

16. Baloor vs 17. skimmythegod

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 25. PrinceOfAllTacos

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2

5. wesh papillon vs 28. JJ09LIE

12. RoyalReloaded vs 21. velvet

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 31. lkapkd1

15. TDR vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn

7. nimzowitsch vs 26. PokeArt2004♥

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon

14. Taka vs 19. Trout In Space

6. Solstorm vs 27. Arcanine1929

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina fable

You can find the full bracket here. You may not play battles for the next round until it has been posted.

The deadline for this round will be Sunday, November 12th at 11:59 PM EST.

Replay are mandatory.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Last edited:
no predicts so doing predicts for fun

1. Penter vs 32. giove97

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2

7. nimzowitsch vs 26. Pokeart2004

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon

6. Solstorm vs 27. Arcanine1929 - dont know either

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina Fable

good luck & have fun to all

Lime

o.o
is a Tiering Contributor
1. Penter vs 32. giove97
don't know about giove97 but played penter during quals and he should have more experience ig.

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA
very close, thegamingattack will win this one my gut says

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo
most of my loses were to Charizard642 in quals :smogduck:

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2

wesh takes lc, jj takes ou and has advantage in ru I think. very close mu and hl of the week for sure

inertial should win unless lkap lkaps him

not predicting between 2 good friends :psysly:

7. nimzowitsch vs 26. PokeArt2004♥

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Predicts without reading material are lame here's how it's done

1. Penter vs 32. giove97 - haven't played penter much but from what I've seen he's a decent player and I think giove is prone to misplays

16. Baloor vs 17. skimmythegod - this is a hl match for sure second only to poat vs sylv, both could reasonably take this series but I think loor has more experience across tiers + his prep game is his best attribute which favors him in a tour like this

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 25. PrinceOfAllTacos - I would honestly say these tiers favor poat and could lead to him stealing this series but sylv is a top 3 player here, his teams don't always show the most versatility but he's good at what he does so it usually doesn't matter

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo - despite being friends with both I'm not too familiar with either as a player but batzi has been in competitive longer and ik he's putting a lotta good effort into prep rn, not to say seroo isn't either and if he puts equal effort this is a fun match

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2 - failbor is a tours room vet and always has success in room but this doesn't always translate to forum tours, he's had decent successes before but I think 7u9i2 is just more comfy in this environment

5. wesh papillon vs 28. JJ09LIE - hl of the week fore sure this could honestly have been a finals mu, after seeing what JJ accomplished in olt it's hard to downplay him unless your name is Micoy WHY DID YOU PUT BRO IN B TIER

12. RoyalReloaded vs 21. velvet - already happened, woulda bolded velvet tbh so good job to royal

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 31. lkapkd1 - lkapd has one viable playstyle and will not change it even if it makes him the most cteamable man on the planet, inert wins as long as he does not go ultra smooth brained during prep

15. TDR vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn - okay this one I'm gonna make no sense cause I think TDR is better across more tiers which would usually lead to me bolding him but idk I think Hoenn is locked in rn and I'm just gonna go with my gut here

7. nimzowitsch vs 26. Pokeart2004 - pokeart is a decently competent clicker but this other guy looks to have been around for a while even tho I've never seen him in my life but I'm going with the unknown quantity

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM - if they play doubles keshba will prolly take that but tmm will take everything else I just haven't seen much of keshba outside of doubles but maybe he'll be a surprise factor

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon - much more familiar with sifi as a player he's been around for longer, his performances can be hit or miss but experience wins out here

14. Taka vs 19. Trout In Space - I've seen this trout guy around seems like a nice fellow but taka is one of the more skilled players in this tour I expect him to dominate this side of the bracket

6. Solstorm vs 27. Arcanine1929 - no offense but this is the most random match of the week both are unproven but that doesn't mean they're bad just that idk what to expect, I've played this solstorm guy tho and he's actually quite competent so going with him

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina Fable - they are probably pretty on par with each other but I've seen more outta fable so I would venture to say she has greater versatility across tiers

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
just gonna list up to top 3 players in each tier in alphabetical order based on tour results, u can dm me to ask:

SV Ubers -
- GeniusFromHoenn
- SkimmyTheGod
- Taka

SV OU -
- Baloor
- JJ09LIE
- Sylveon used calm mind

SV UU -
- Taka
- TMM
- velvet

SV RU - shit tier rn after shifts please don't do post-shifts

SV NU -
- Baloor
- Fragments
- ina fable

SV PU -
- Baloor
- Fragments
- Sylveon used calm mind

SV LC -
- Fragments
- Sylveon used calm mind
- wesh papillon

SV DOU -
- Penter
- seroo
- idk dou players

SV Monotype -
- RoyalReloaded
- TDR
- TGA

doesn't mean the other players can't win, but this is just to help to eliminate in the tier selection process

Last edited:

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
Predicts!
1. Penter vs 32. giove97

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina Fable

Predicts
1. Penter vs 32. giove97 -

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 31. not lkapkd1

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM sorry kesh

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon

6. Solstorm vs 27. Arcanine1929 - im not competent enough

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina Fable i dont wanna face either

good luck & have fun to all (nerd out)

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
idk what anybody is playing off the top of my head

1. Penter vs 32. giove97 - Penter has the advantage of basically starting 1-0 in every set if he picks DOU but outside of that hes shown to be an alright pilot to me. he didnt really stand out much in other tiers but its not like he played bad or anything. giove on the other hand has more experience all around but is prone to self trolling so its really down to how giove will recover after losing the DOU game. if they win dou then giove prob wins?

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 25. PrinceOfAllTacos - sylv is probably the most proven player in this whole tour, they definitely do have some exploitable weak points but its really up to POAT to figure those out rather than the other way around.

9. Fragments vs 24. TGA i think jooooshy has really stepped up his game in the last year and comes out on the stronger end of players in this tour. from what ive seen of TGA his performances are really spotty and i havent really seen them play gen9 at all but i do know they have a strong group of friends to support them so who knows.

4. Batzi vs 29. seroo this one is tough because i have not see batzigon play anything other than ND after theyve got unbanned but im not sure how seroo will fair when somebody actually preps for them, though seroo also has the advantage of having experience in the more awkward tiers like dou and mono. in general i think batzigon is a better player but really comes down to whats played

13. Failbor vs 20. 7u9i2 i havent seen much of failbor recently but they use to be super one dimensional, then people started prepping agaisnt them which pushed him to step out of their comfort zone but didnt really find their footing? at least from what I can tell. I've teamed with 7u and despite being the luckiest player on the planet (term coined by a particular ubers player he beat), he did show up consistently enough. havent seen much of 7u recently either but just going off of general scope of playing

5. wesh papillon vs 28. JJ09LIE wesh wins lc, jj wins ou, third game depends on the tier. wesh can play a wider range of tiers better than jj. this is a really unfort r1 mu for jj because i think id bold jj vs the majority of the people playing as well but wesh is prob the most "experienced" lower tier player in the tour.

12. RoyalReloaded vs 21. velvet - played already but i probably wouldve predicted royal given the tiers

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 31. lkapkd1 lkap uses only one playstyle. hellray is a crackhead. lkap def will not attempt to outplay hellray at all so it really depends on if hellray outplays himself in game or builder. lkap can also luck then brag about lucking which is a typical lkap play.

15. TDR vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn cool game vs two friends here. tdr def plays more tiers but hoenn is probably the better player. hoenn also has been improving drastically and i know they put in a ton of effort. i think this might depend on tiers but think hoenn has a chance to outperform TDR in middle ground tiers.

7. nimzowitsch vs 26. Pokeart2004 idk nimzowitsch just does the lkap strategy of load screens and pray but ive never actually seen them play anything close to an actual tournament game before to give them a fair shake. if nimzo actually tries to outplay instead of clicking vs pokeart i dont know how she will react so im just going to say idk.

10. KeshBa54 vs 23. TMM i dont rly know who keshba is but i also havent seen much of TMM recently either. TMM is def the most solid UU in the pool and prob can win out in other lower tiers as well since half of them play the same right now anyway.

3. Elrog vs 30. Sificon - elrog will probably tilt about something small and call sifi some mean name in game 1 then be mad about it the whole set. other than being really tilt prone, i think sifi just edges elrog out with the experience factor alone, this stage is way different than playing room tours and having actual tour experience is a big factor in sifis favor.

14. Taka vs 19. Trout In Space taka has improved drastically ever since he trolled me in some ou indiv in like the spring and i malded at him. dont know who the other guy is but i think taka is just outside of top 5 or in this tour.

6. Solstorm vs 27. Arcanine1929 - idk who either of these guys are but good luck both

11. Tanish vs 22. Ina Fable i think i learned who ina fable is like a week ago but apparently theyre not bad? they loaded better teams than tanish did in qualifers imo so predicting off that.

top 5 players probab;ly
sylv
wesh
jj
fragments (motivated)
taka

Last edited:
ALL TIMES -5

Sunday:

9pm: arcanine vs solstorm (pu, mono, nu)

Monday:

2 pm: sificon vs elrog (mono, ubers, lc)

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

2pm: poat vs sylveon ( ou, Ubers, nu)
8pm: taka vs trout (uber, dou, uu)

Thursday:

Friday:

8:30 am: Inert vs Lkap ( uber, ru, lc)

9am: TDR vs Hoenn (ubers, ou, nu)

4pm: giove vs penter( dou, lc, ou)

6pm: batzi vs seroo ( nu, pu, ou)

11pm: fragments vs tga (dou, uu, lc)

Saturday:

Sunday:

10am: tanish vs ina fable (nu, ru , dou)

9pm: JJ vs pap ( ou, lc, ru)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)