tiffle is gay :] (GardeSharp Offense_)

Tiffle Is Gay :]
(Name approved by Lord Helix- http://askhelixfossil.com/#d47kvq-Also Thank You basedSRN for the name :]]])

Thanks again Dread for suggesting another Anime picture!

Teambuilding Process:
Firstly, when deciding on what to build, I had options of another boring Hyper Offense, Mega Gardevoir + Bisharp Offense, or another unique stall. Mega Gardevoir was something I never thought had the potential because of it's lack of physical bulk and presence of it's main counters such as Aegislash being on every fucking single team. I was so damn wrong. I used Gardevoir and added Bisharp as Bisharp is one of the best checks to Aegislash sponging almost anything except Sacred Sword variants.

Next, I wanted to get quick Stealth Rocks off. First thing that came to my mind was Oblivious Mamoswine. Guaranteed Stealth Rocks when attached with Sash is great. Mamoswine also does good against Breloom leads as it outspeeds the incoming Spore and just in case of Mach Punch, Sash is in tact allows Icicle Spear to break the Sash while still OHKO.

Next, I looked for an Offensive Defogger as I planned the next Pokemon would have U-turn / Volt Switch which means momentum which is better for the team making predicting much easier. I found Latias so do well as it has synergy will all three of the Pokemon I have in the team so far.

As said earlier, I wanted something fast with U-Turn to keep momentum as flowing as much as possible. It makes prediction much more easier, which means I can play with much more ease. At first, I used Scizor, although it isn't fast the U-turn is pretty strong and Bug / Steel is one of the best typings in-game. It became that it was too slow so I tried Landorus-T which is absolutely great. I gave it Choice Scarf to outspeed things that will usually look to stay in and KO it such as Mega Manectric, Keldeo etc.

Lastly, I was looking for a wallbreaker that likes Stealth Rocks to KO important things. What does this better than Choice Specs Keldeo?

Team Preview:

In Depth:

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Knock Off - Sucker Punch - Pursuit - Iron Head

Set Explanation:

- Knock Off is basically the main STAB. It's a shame I have to explain the point of Knock Off on Bisharp but whatever. Serves as main STAB, also serves as a point of Utility in some ways knocking off the item of Pokemon that Bisharp knows there is no chance of breaking through before it dies.

- Sucker Punch is the priority which just fucks things up. Nothing really special here.

- Pursuit traps things such as Aegislash, Lati@s and other Pokemon that would have to switch out. Less work for Mega Gardevoir.

- Iron Head just fucks things up. Nothing much to explain here neither.

Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hyper Voice - Focus Blast - Taunt - Psyshock

Set Explanation:

- Hyper Voice is the main STAB as thanks to Pixilate it becomes one of the most threatening Stallbreakers in the game. Hyper Voice also bypasses Substitute, so Substitute sets from Pokemon is nuked by this thing.

- Focus Blast serves as coverage hitting Steel types on the switch such as Heatran which switches in all the time. (Like really, even if I tell my opponent "I have Focus Blast")

- Taunt does great against Stall and other things that can tank a hit and look to set up things like hazards or induce a status on Gardevoir.

- Psyshock hits Poison types such as Mega Venusaur, and serves as a secondary STAB for Mega Gardevoir.

Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
- Icicle Spear - Stealth Rock - Ice Shard - Earthquake

Set Explanation:

- Icicle Spear breaks Sash leads and still having power to KO things or get things into Ice Shard range to KO

- Stealth Rock (Do I even have to explain?)

- Ice Shard serves as STAB and priority to kill off things Icicle Spear or Earthquake can't.

- Earthquake serves as main STAB and just wrecks shit.

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor - Thunderbolt - Roost - Defog

Set Explanation:

- Draco Meteor is the main STAB which nails things on the switch. Can help late game when the power is needed.

- Thunderbolt allows Latias to hit Azumarill on the switch in and other bulky Water types which on paper tends to give this team a hard time. Having a good chance to 2HKO Assault Vest Azumarill and OHKOing BD Azumarill is quite helpful.

- Roost & Defog (Do I really have to explain?)

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Earthquake - U-turn - Knock Off - Stone Edge

Set Explanation

- Earthquake serves as main STAB wrecking shit that it needs to. It nails a bunch of things on the switches and can 2HKO or OHKO a lot of things.

- U-turn helps me gain momentum against my opponent. When used right, I can get switches over my opponent and gives me the upper hand.

- Knock Off serves as utility and avoids me from getting checked by Gengar. I can also hit Lati@s for SE damage. Also can knock off some Pokemon's Choice Scarf or any other item which helps me.

- Stone Edge is used for coverage against Flying types such as Talonflame, Charizard, etc.

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Scald - Hydro Pump - Secret Sword - Hidden Power Flying

Set Explanation:

- Scald is preferred to pair with Hydro Pump for the perfect accuracy. Hydro Pump sometimes have unnecessary power which has the chance to miss. For example; against Landorus.

- Hydro Pump is used for extra power over Scald for important KOs.

- Secret Sword is STAB. Another than is that this allows Keldeo to break through Rotom-W, Chansey, and other things that is weak on the Physical side.

- Hidden Power Flying allows Keldeo to hit it's main checks. Hidden Power Flying allows it to 2HKO Mega Venusaur after Stealth Rocks.

In conclusion, this team has came through multiple times and is very easy to play with. I made it to the finals of the XY OU Room tournament the first few times I used this team. Please do not use this team and claim it to be yours. Give me the credit I deserve. I was kind enough to share :] Importable is below.

Luka (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Solid Team :) Let's look at how you check some the viable pokemon well
Gardevoir Bisharp Keldeo Mamoswine Latias Lando-T
(Great) Aegislash: Bisharp with Knock Off, Mamoswine and Landorus-T with EQ, Keldeo can get off damage if needed
(Good) Charizard X: Keldeo can get off massive damage with Hydro Pump, Latias can Draco Meteor, and Lando-T can win with Intimidate and Earthquake. Mamoswine can take 1 hit and Earthquake. Tank set is harder with it being able to burn Mamowine and Lando-T and Roost all that damage up
(Good) Deo-D: Hazards can get up quite easily if Bisharp doesn't lead, but it can be Defogged away. Watch out for the random Deo-Ds with Superpower though and you'll be fine
(OK) Deo-S: Not too bad, as Sucker Punch from Bisharp kills it but if it gets a free switch, something is going to take major damage unless Bisharp comes in.
(Very Bad) Azumarill: This thing is really threatening to your team. Gardevoir and Bisharpcan possibly beat it 1v1 but they'll take a ton of damage. Everything else goes down. If it's Belly Drum, it's over. I'll suggest Rotom-W instead of Mamoswine as Mamoswine doesn't really do much.You get momentum through Volt Switch, and your EV spread can outrun Azumarill and get off lots of damage or burn it. If it switches, Volt Switch gives you momentum. In that case, you switch Lando-T into a defensive one with SR
(Bad) Bisharp: Your team members other than Keldeo gets hit by major damage, and you can only check it with Lando-T or Mamoswine which could be picked off by Sucker Punch easily.
(Great) Charizard Y:You handle this pretty well, as you have one of them best counters in Latias. If that fails, go to Lando-T to revenge kill it with Stone Edge.
(Bad) Talonflame: Wrecks lots of the team with Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. Laando-T can afford to switch in once or twice and Bisharp can come in on CB BB but that's it. Rotom-W like I suggested before works against this thing.

I'll stop here, but I'll just say that you counter lots of pokemon well, but some major weaknesses are there on this team (Azumarill and Bisharp) You need some better options for Physical Attackers, as you handle most of the Special Attacker OK. Because of that, I'll suggest Rotom-W for your team over Mamoswine:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Spd / 212 Def
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Outspeeds all Azumarill and can cripple them. The rest are placed into bulk to help deal with your Physical Attackers problem.

Your choice if you want to implement the changes, just trying to help :). Good Team A Terrakion

Hi nice team. Firstly the point of running Mega Gardevoir+Bisharp is because Bisharp pursuit traps Aegislash, and you don't have pursuit on Bisharp. Sure your team handles Aegislash well but you aren't eradicating it completely. Swords Dance isn't really needed on Bisharp so I would suggest swapping that for Pursuit.

Secondly as said in the above-mentioned post you have a huge Azumarill weakness. I would change Mamoswine to Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn still checks Breloom reasonably well by having an immunity to Spore, and also being able to set up Stealth Rock. It also helps to deal with Deoxys-S, and also patches up your fairy weakness. I would run Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Power Whip/Protect as its moves.

Next you probably might want to run 72hp evs to hit a Life Orb number on Latias, and might also want to change Roost for Healing Wish to further support your team.

Hope I helped, and good luck!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 208 Def / 28 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Great team. Terrakion ironically messes up at least half of your team.
How does Terrakion mess up the team when Landorus-T is a very safe switch-in to it?

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
agreein that pursuit > sd here because garde really wants aegislash gone. SD ain't enough.

Oh, and I came up with this title and you no shout-out me anywhere :[[[ Lord helix approved too.
For those wondering why i came up with this title:
I prefer my Mega Gardevoir Male :^)
basically recommending the same changes as above, although i support rotom-w a little more because volturn core with lando-t is super ghey.

After a single hit lands from Terrakion you can usually tell that it is scarfed.
Against his scarf set: -1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 153-183 (47.9 - 57.3%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
Against pivot set: -1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 109-130 (28.5 - 34%) -- 1.2% chance to 3HKO
The pivot set also usually runs leftovers or rocky helmet. So that is a indicator of a scarf set. The player with Terrakion will go to their landorus-t check and when Terrakion is safely brought in again Landorus-T fails to switch into it creating a problem.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
BD Azu wipes out your team. Ferrothorn is NOT the answer, most smart players run superpower over waterfall. Rotom-W is a decent counter...
I do see you run latias with tbolt, but you take ~59% from the aqua jet. that leaves you primed to be rk'd, and as a result possibly be unable to defog, which could be costly in many battles against balanced-ish teams (if they pack a revenge killer than can kill latias from 40% and BD azu)

Yeah, I thought that mamo set was mt idea lol, i made it just to counter lead breloom which is relly prevalent. But he doesnt need max speed to do so, it only needs 176 speed and the rest can go into hp. I mean its not that big of a difference, but its more efficient imo.

but yeah besides that little ev tweak, the other thing i have to say is that although this is a hyper offense team it seems to be a little too weak to fly spam and other fast threats, things like tflame, bisharp, pinsir, greninja, all do a number to the team if they get a free switch in. Fly spam being the most prevalent, I would have to agree that OUs favorite little washing machine would be a nice addition to not only help handle those flying types but help get some switch iinitiative over faster threats that come in. The set that U-turn out gave looks fine to me.

Spitball area:

Some ideas that I think might just come down to personal preference would be to perhaps switch out lando-t and keldeo, for lando-i, with knock off, and maybe a scarf excadrill, just because lando-i is better at stall breaking and doesnt have to be locked into moves, while scarf excadrill can pretty freely spam earthquake and is always a very welcome member to HO teams. While I understand you would lose your fast volt-turner, I think it would increase your offensive presence and not to mention that choiced keldeo can kill momentum if you are locked into the wrong move. But yeah these are just some suggestions that Im throwing around, because I like mega garde mainly.

But if you take anything away from this it should be mamoswines Evs. GL and nice team!

hey fren :]

I recommend blackglasses on bish, with or without life orb you are getting the same 2HKOes with Iron Head and the same OHKOes with knock off

also that cool af mental image

Alright. I'll make this Post now. Later today I'm updating my threat list thanks to all you guys help. First i'm going to try Ferrothorn over Mamoswine simply because Stealth Rock is an important asset to this team. It allows me to get important OHKOs or 2HKOs. If Ferrothorn doesn't go so well, then I'll move to Rotom-W and try that. Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)