Metagame Tier Shift

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Approved by KaenSoul and UT

tiershiftbanner.png

TIER SHIFT
Banner by me, Gen 8 thread by G-Luke

Have you ever wanted to shine a light into the depths of Smogon's tiering system, breathing new life in to oft-forgotten low tier dwellers, and allowing them to finally compete alongside their OU brethren as equals? Welcome to Tier Shift, the metagame that aims to do exactly that. Fear not, RU rejects, NU ne'er-do-wells, and Pokemon from the paltry pits of PU, for at last you'll get a taste of sweet, sweet viability.​

COUNCIL
BoingK (tier leader)
cat
:dewott: KaenSoul
G-Luke (LOA)

Rules:
Mechanic:
Non-OU Pokémon get boosts to all their stats excluding HP according to the lowest tier they are legal in.
ie. UU gets +15, RU +20, NU +25, and PU +30.​
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause, Terastal Clause, Evasion Clause, Min Source Gen=9
:arceus: Arceus* Some Arceus formes are free, and they can be found in the list below
Bug, Grass, Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:Hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-Unbound
:koraidon: Koraidon
:medicham: Medicham
:miraidon: Miraidon
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned

*:kyogre: Kyogre is banned by technicality.
:pelipper::politoed: Drizzle
Moody
Arena Trap
Shadow Tag
Baton Pass
Shed Tail
:houndstone: :basculegion: Last Respects
Heat Rock
Light Clay
:razor-fang::kings-rock: Razor Fang and King's Rock

Watchlist

Tier History (dd/mm/yyyy)

Strategies and threats: The aim of this metagame is to make every Pokemon viable, or at least have a niche, and as a result all play styles and Pokemon will see use. However there are some Pokemon that will inevitably be stronger in the format.

RU
130/85/80/130/115/85
Vaporeon returns, leveraging its insane bulk and passing base 130 wishes in the process. Haze and Yawn are other good supporting options, and sitting at base 130 special attack leaves Vaporeon far from passive. This premiere wall is set to make some waves in the format, although the loss of Scald and Toxic will no doubt hurt a bit.

NU 150/105/69/115/79/105
Drifblim makes up for its somewhat mediocre defensive stats with a HUGE hp stat, making it one of the bulkiest Pokemon around. With access to Will-O-Wisp and the much coveted Defog, alongside a decent special attack stat and strength sap for longevity, this spooky balloon is a solid defensive pick in the meta.

UU 68/140/80/80/130/95
Gallade got a huge buff this gen in the form of its new ability Sharpness, which boosts its slicing moves (of which it has a few to choose from) by 1.5 times. This gives it highly spammable STAB moves, and alongside various other options like Trick, Swords Dance, and Taunt, Gallade makes up for its middling speed with great wallbreaking potential.

FAQs:
Q
: What about BL Pokemon?
A: BLs are counted as the tier above them. So, UUBL gets no boosts, RUBL gets +15, etc. It would be unreasonable for them to get boosts for a tier they aren't allowed in.

Q: What happens when a stat goes over 255?
A: It caps at 255 base, since that's the highest possible stat.

Q: What are the shifts for untiered and NFE/LC Pokemon?
A: They are classed as PU Pokemon, thus they also recieve a +30 stat boost

Q: How can I find the adjusted stats for a Pokemon?
A: Using the command /ts in a showdown chat room can show you a Pokemon's shifted stats.

Challenge code:
/challenge gen9anythinggoes @@@ Standard OMs, Tier Shift Mod, Terastal Clause, Sleep Moves Clause, Evasion Clause, -Arceus-*, +Arceus-Bug, +Arceus-Grass, +Arceus-Ice, -Calyrex-Shadow, -Hoopa-Unbound, -Koraidon, -Medicham, -Miraidon, -Zacian-Crowned, -Drizzle, -Moody, -Arena Trap, - Shadow Tag, -Baton Pass, -Shed Tail, -Last Respects, -Heat Rock, -Light Clay, -Razor Fang, -King's Rock

Important Links
Our Discord!
:oricorio: Viability Rankings
Sample Teams
Dedicated TS Calculator courtesy of PociekMociek

Last edited:

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
BIG METAGAME CHANGE (Holy!!!)
Note the change in stat increase mechanic! Tier Shift is set to be a lot different this generation, and the changes are aimed at making the tier more inclusive (ie not PU the second coming).

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

Also edited OP to make the main mechanic clearer, sorry if there was any confusion before

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sun is looking promising due to Scovillain's buff, really interested to see how other sun abusers are going to be.

Screenshot_20230425_115959.jpg

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Scovillain @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
there's definitely a lot of cool stuff here:

:sv/squawkabilly:
New spread: 86 / 136 / 91 / 85 / 91 / 132
This guy's about to be absolutely DEMONIC. 132 Speed, Guts, good STABS in Facade and Brave Bird, U-turn, and even priority in Quick Attack make it an incredibly potent offensive threat; it even gets Roost to stay alive. It also gets Intimidate, Sheer Force, or Hustle, all of which are incredibly strong. Only real drawback is that the typing lacks defensive utility and it doesn't have a boosting option.

:sv/rotom-fan:
New spread: 50 / 95 / 137 / 135 / 137 / 116
Good Speed and Special Attack, and also gets Volt Switch because it's Rotom. Likely a good option if you're after a Choice Scarfer that can outrun most of the tier and hit it hard.

:sv/glaceon:
New spread: 65 / 90 / 140 / 160 / 125 / 95
Held back exclusively by Ice being bad defensively, Ice Beam + Freeze-Dry is about all this needs to just roll up w/ Choice Specs. Choice Scarf also hits 433 on Modest (or 475 on Timid), giving it the jump on practically everything. Funnily enough, its biggest issue will likely be opposing Glaceon, as it's reliant on Tera Blast Fire to hit it for any reasonable damage. Bulky CM might also be good, although its average Speed by TS standards, low HP, weak defensive typing, and reliance on WishTect hold it back in this regard.

:sv/basculin:
New spread: 70 / 122 / 95 / 110 / 85 / 128
Tera Water Band Adapt Wave Crash is incredibly dangerous, but this mon just can't get past stuff like Dondozo without Tera Rock + Head Smash. This also faces the issue of Adaptability no longer applying on types lost via Tera.

:sv/lilligant:
New spread: 70 / 90 / 105 / 140 / 105 / 120
QD user with 140 SpA is really spooky, especially given it gets Giga Drain to keep itself healthy. Unfortunately this has some very bad coverage options, being forced to Tera against even OU mons like Gholdengo and Clodsire, let alone TS beneficiaries like Drifblim.

don't have too many thoughts rn, challenge code getting sorted out should help with development

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
people are forgetting about these demon dancers uh oh
:ss/oricorio-pom-pom:
Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dancer
Tera Type: Water / Ground / Fighting
EVs: 236 HP / 176 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

:ss/oricorio-sensu:
Oricorio-Sensu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dancer
Tera Type: Fighting / Ground
EVs: 236 HP / 176 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

New Stats: 75/90/90/118/90/113

If anyone here has played even UU, you'll understand just how scary these birds are. To summarise, they're defensive Volcarona except with actual coverage (and if you know SV Volcarona, you know it's the scariest setup mon in ou). The Speed investment is for Weavile and Kilowattrel at +1, while the Defense hits a Nature boost jump point while retaining the highest HP possible. What makes them so terrifying, however, is their amazing coverage potential thanks to Terastallization (the most common are listed already) - Water preys on Rock- and Ground-types like Naclstack and Hippowdown, Ground preys on the aforementioned Rock-type along with Clodsire and Electric-types like Iron Hands, Sandy Shocks, and Magnezone/ton. Fighting is an alternative that notably OHKOes Tyranitar while also preying on Steel-types like Bisharp/Kingambit and Lucario, along with Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Weavile. Please prep for these.

Last edited:
Vaporeon only has 130 base HP

The two Revival Blessing Pokémon look scarier with the Tier Shift buff. Pawmot having 120 speed and 140 attack makes it threatening offensively as well as able to get off a quick RB, and Rabsca with +30 in all stats allows it to survive more hits or hit back harder with its 145 special attack. I think both of these Pokemon will be useful (maybe one more than the other) and the move will allow for some strong threats to come back for a return trip. Might be worth looking at.

Last edited:

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/falinks:
New Stats: 65/130/130/100/90/105

Chonky, No Retreat to up its strong 130 Attack as well as having huge Defense and decent SpD, it can even Tera Steel + Iron Head to hit fairies and have a relatively easier time setting up. +1 100 SpA means if it had some special moves it could run mixed maybe? only gets focus miss so no point anyways.
(ive tested this in Tier Shift AAA this gen with Sword Of Ruin, works well. goated OMM btw)

i might just be coping since i love this little guy, but bellibolt might be pretty strong

old stats: 109/64/91/103/83/45
new stats: 109/84/111/123/103/65

speed is still a massive weak point, but the extra points to its bulk (and already solid spatk) are massive.
109/111/103 is an amazing bulk spread, and when when you factor in the free charge that its ability gives, parabolic charge just gets more and more appealing. i'm not super invested in tier shift atm (i barely remember it from last gen) so i might be off the mark on this, but maybe it could fit in a trick room team? i'm not sure what pokemon are in a tier where they're slow enough to benefit from trick room and have a managable attacking stat. info on that would be greatly appreciated!

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
maybe bellibolt could fit in a trick room team?
You could try and fit Bellibolt in a trick room team, but i have a feeling that you would be better off using it as a slow bulky attacker, to take advantage of its Electromorphosis ability better. As for other Trick Room sweepers, Arboliva and Rabsca look promising, could be something to explore more.

You could try and fit Bellibolt in a trick room team, but i have a feeling that you would be better off using it as a slow bulky attacker, to take advantage of its Electromorphosis ability better. As for other Trick Room sweepers, Arboliva and Rabsca look promising, could be something to explore more.
my bad, i forgot about electromorphosis with trick room LMAO
arboliva and rabsca actually have insanely similar stats, but i prefer arboliva for ghost and powder immunities + better abilities. it's also much slower for trick room teams.
some other possible trick room abusers
pincurchin: 48/131/125/121/115/45
appletun: 110/110/105/125/105/55
bronzong: 67/109/136/99/136/53
mudsdale: 100/145/120/75/105/55
those are the only ones that really stuck out to me. appletun and mudsdale look the wildest, but i might be missing some total gems in there

New Stats:

HP: 99, Atk: 98, Def: 113, SpA: 102, SpD: 117, Spe: 81

Ready for Starf Berry Harvest shenanigans, well Tropius sure is!

Now it has the bulk to be able to stay in and take advantage of the boosts it will get from repeat Starf berry consumption. Plus if your on a Sun team (which it really should be) not only do you get 100% harvest procs, but you also get stronger synthesis so that when your sufficiently boosted you can heal up.

Gimmicky? Yes, absolutely. But even outside of Starf spam Tropius will really enjoy it's newfound bulk and power.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/pikachu:
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Surf
- Play Rough
- Quick Attack

Stats: 35/85/70/80/80/120
this looks like fun to use with light ball, frail af tho
:sv/ursaring:
Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Play Rough

Stats: 90/155/100/100/100/80
Guts 155 attack STAB Facade go brrrrr

:sv/Haunter:
Haunter @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
Stats: 45/80/75/145/85/125
Gengar is slightly better stat wise but I want levitate also sucker kills again.

:sv/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Stats: 95/85/85/130/150/80
New special wall with very strong SpA

Also the explanation for ts on showdown is as follows: "Pokémon below OU get their stats, excluding HP, boosted. UU/RUBL get +10, RU/NUBL get +20, NU/PUBL get +30, and PU or lower get +40." which is incorrect

Last edited:
my bad, i forgot about electromorphosis with trick room LMAO
arboliva and rabsca actually have insanely similar stats, but i prefer arboliva for ghost and powder immunities + better abilities. it's also much slower for trick room teams.
some other possible trick room abusers
pincurchin: 48/131/125/121/115/45
appletun: 110/110/105/125/105/55
bronzong: 67/109/136/99/136/53
mudsdale: 100/145/120/75/105/55
those are the only ones that really stuck out to me. appletun and mudsdale look the wildest, but i might be missing some total gems in there
Yes, Dug/Wugtrio
35/130/80/80/100/150 with swords dance and good coverage moves makes dugtrio a monster

Digger (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Force
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Stonehendge (Stonjourner) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Power Spot
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Press
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Meditation (Medicham) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Doom (Houndoom) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Dark
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

The GOAT (Gogoat) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Horn Leech

Shinobi (Frogadier) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dark
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Tera Blast
Use This Team, It Is Good.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
i've been enjoying this early meta a lot, thought i might as well speak about some stuff

:sv/pelipper:
rain is kinda broken. floatzel & friends don't really have any switchins at all, with the best bet being appletun (thanks to thick fat), although even this can fall short thanks to rain's near-complete use of kilowattrel. golduck is an absolutely nasty sweeper with nasty plot, given it 2HKOes blissey with +2 pump and packs ice beam / grass knot to get around checks like wabsorb quagsire, and other swift swimmers like barraskewda are cool too even if they struggle more into stuff like dozo / slowbro. can def see the whole weather itself getting banned, but automatic weather (drizzle) is likely gone before damp rock / rain dance, since there's an actual window to punish something like grafaiai manually setting up.

:sv/torkoal:
sort of similar to rain but less abusers. tork itself might honestly be one of the best anti-rain leads thanks to torkoal underspeeding pelipper (so drought activates after drizzle) and it annoys the fuck out of kilowattrel. activting protosynthesis is great + stuff also gets growth which can give incredible sweeping power. scovillain is the main sweeper here, with grass/fire, chloro + growth, and 138/138/105 offenses, other chloro mons like lilligant probably work too (and it helps that every chloro mon gets +30 stats). might be problematic after rain is gone, but only time will tell.

:sv/grimmsnarl:
screens are pretty cool. it's not like there's a great deal of setup stuff in the tier, because there isn't; it's just that the tier isn't equipped to handle stuff like smash cloyster or qd oricorio in a reasonable manner. grimm is still the best prankster mon but klefki is an option, screens/pshot/taunt is what i've been using but spirit break can be used over taunt or pshot to pick off zoroark leads (things can get dicey if they just spam nasty plot).

:sv/cloyster:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

this mon does not have walls and is surprisingly easy to set up, even outside of screens. 50/115/200/105/65/90 is a very good statline that's practically impossible to outspeed without a weather ability or scarf raichu, and when you combine this with screens + the fair and balanced move that is shell smash, you get an absolute demon that can win games at the drop of a hat. struggles into water-types but these need to be max physdef and really bulky (like dondozo or tera water coalossal) to actually live. probably best to ban smash lmao

:sv/heracross:
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Megahorn / Throat Chop
- Trailblaze

absolute demon. best guts mon by far thanks to 105 speed and trailblaze, giving it the jump on basically the entire tier, and comes packed with guts CC / tera normal facade. struggles with drifblim but sapblocking is a severe issue to that thing's longevity, SD removes some midground walls but this realistically has enough power already.

e:
1682951350556.png
:afrostar:

Last edited:
i've been enjoying this early meta a lot, thought i might as well speak about some stuff

:sv/pelipper:
rain is kinda broken. floatzel & friends don't really have any switchins at all, with the best bet being appletun (thanks to thick fat), although even this can fall short thanks to rain's near-complete use of kilowattrel. golduck is an absolutely nasty sweeper with nasty plot, given it 2HKOes blissey with +2 pump and packs ice beam / grass knot to get around checks like wabsorb quagsire, and other swift swimmers like barraskewda are cool too even if they struggle more into stuff like dozo / slowbro. can def see the whole weather itself getting banned, but automatic weather (drizzle) is likely gone before damp rock / rain dance, since there's an actual window to punish something like grafaiai manually setting up.

:sv/torkoal:
sort of similar to rain but less abusers. tork itself might honestly be one of the best anti-rain leads thanks to torkoal underspeeding pelipper (so drought activates after drizzle) and it annoys the fuck out of kilowattrel. activting protosynthesis is great + stuff also gets growth which can give incredible sweeping power. scovillain is the main sweeper here, with grass/fire, chloro + growth, and 138/138/105 offenses, other chloro mons like lilligant probably work too (and it helps that every chloro mon gets +30 stats). might be problematic after rain is gone, but only time will tell.

:sv/grimmsnarl:
screens are pretty cool. it's not like there's a great deal of setup stuff in the tier, because there isn't; it's just that the tier isn't equipped to handle stuff like smash cloyster or qd oricorio in a reasonable manner. grimm is still the best prankster mon but klefki is an option, screens/pshot/taunt is what i've been using but spirit break can be used over taunt or pshot to pick off zoroark leads (things can get dicey if they just spam nasty plot).

:sv/cloyster:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

this mon does not have walls and is surprisingly easy to set up, even outside of screens. 50/115/200/105/65/90 is a very good statline that's practically impossible to outspeed without a weather ability or scarf raichu, and when you combine this with screens + the fair and balanced move that is shell smash, you get an absolute demon that can win games at the drop of a hat. struggles into water-types but these need to be max physdef and really bulky (like dondozo or tera water coalossal) to actually live. probably best to ban smash lmao

:sv/heracross:
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Megahorn / Throat Chop
- Trailblaze

absolute demon. best guts mon by far thanks to 105 speed and trailblaze, giving it the jump on basically the entire tier, and comes packed with guts CC / tera normal facade. struggles with drifblim but sapblocking is a severe issue to that thing's longevity, SD removes some midground walls but this realistically has enough power already.

e: View attachment 513122 :afrostar:
I tried this team in a challange battle with a friend, swept with heracross. Just like the olden days of Advanced OU

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
FIRST SLATE OF THE GEN BABYYYY
BoingKMagikarpIsAGTea GuzzlerG-LukeOVERALL
FalinksBANBANABSDNB2-1-1 BAN
Damp RockBANBANBANBAN4-0-0 BAN
Heat RockBANBANABSDNB2-1-1 BAN
CloysterBANBANBANBAN4-0-0 BAN

As a result, Falinks, Damp Rock, Heat Rock and Cloyster are now all banned from Tier Shift!!! Tagging Kris to implement

With its signature move No Retreat, Falinks quickly became one of the tiers premier sweepers. 65/130/130/100/90/105 is already a decent stat spread, but the ability to omniboost itself to ridiculous levels made us feel that Falinks was too much for the tier.

I don't think it's any secret that rain has been the dominant playstyle so far. Barring maybe Appletun and WAbsorb Clodsire, nothing can withstand a repeated barrage of attacks from the various rain sweepers in the tier, such as Floatzel, Golduck, and more. We've opted to ban Damp Rock for now, and we'll revisit Drizzle soon, but hopefully the various tier shifts happening this month will be enough to keep this playstyle in check.

Sun has been another outstanding playstyle that we've found to be extremely overbearing, with Scovillain being the main sweeper. Decidedly not impressive as rain, but still sufficiently broken to warrant a nerf, with other threats like Charizard and Brute Bonnet being fairly difficult to stop.

50/115/200/105/65/90. The subpar special bulk of Cloyster can be helped when paired with screens, and 50/200 is frankly disturbing physical bulk for a setup sweeper. With Shell Smash, Cloyster becomes an unstoppable monster with close to 0 answers, and it doesn't struggle to find that one opportunity to smash up, especially with outstanding physical defense. Skill Link gives Cloyster a base 125, sub-breaking, non-contact STAB Ice move, and Cloyster has an excellent coverage option in Rock Blast. With these three moves and a Water STAB, Cloyster is pretty much impossible to stop.

In other news, usage based tier shifts are out for this month! There are a lot of exciting new threats gaining buffs, so don't hesitate to start getting creative! The shifts are not active yet, so the Pokemon who have moved tiers will not have their new stats available to them straight away.

so i was looking through some of the mons with really high stats and uh

wsg bbg (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Drain Punch
- Outrage
- Heavy Slam

holy shit this thing is STRONG...718 attack even with Jolly...394 speed at max EVs plus Jolly...and tanky as FUCK...

Truant legit just does not matter when its stats are THAT fucking absurd.

you can also run slack off or AV to become god.

edit: yeah no, as I did a few more games with it I realized truant is a pretty tremendous factor to account for; however, its power is undeniable. Tera Normal banded Giga Impacts I'm pretty sure is one of the strongest moves in the entire game, coming close to rivaling Specs Kyogre Water Spout lmao

Last edited:
revavroom is easily my fav gen 9 pokemon, and it actually benefits a ton from this om
old spread: 80/119/90/54/67/90
new spread: 80/139/110/74/87/110
while it doesn't have access to great, reliable stabs (spin out lowers speed, gunk shot is inaccurate) so it has to run 80bp moves, it does have some pretty great abilities and status moves!
filter allows it to tank even more on top of 80/110/87 bulk, and overcoat saves it from powder moves (too many to name, but spore is the biggest one)
for status moves, it has shift gear and taunt. shift gear makes its base 110 speed go off the rails (off the road? who knows), and taunt stops things like twave or burn from shutting it down.
this is just theorymonning since i haven't made a full team / got on ladder yet, but i'm excited to see how this car performs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)