Thug Life (OU team)

Thug Life
Heys guys Makaveli here, and was not long before I had a gangster title at some point XD. But this team is a new one that I had some help with from Sam Pellegrino so thanks man :). This team is based around scrafty, who I have seen decimate teams, after a DD or two. So with out further ado lets begin

I first started with my OG Scrafty :3

Celebi was added next to handle unaware quagsire and skarmory to an extent.

Gliscor was added to combat sand teams, and to handle fighting types that would hinder scrafty.

Terrakion was added to combat my cloyster weakness, and volcorano. Scarf lets it outspeeds so much :3

Scizor was added next to handle terrakions, and to combat reuniclius who otherwise would tearapart this team.

Gastrodon was added to combat rain and to add a fire resist.

Thug Life (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance

My OG scrafty :3. This guy sweeps teams after a DD, it outruns thunderbro :3 .The Evs are standard as sweeper ones. Moxie is to become even more of a beast after killing pokemon. Lum berry is chosen to stop status so it guarantees atleast one dd.Shed skin is too unreliable. Drain punch+crunch are obligatory STABS, and provide excellent coverage. Ice punch is chosen to handle gliscor and flying types.

Martian @ Lifeorb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Celebi is excellent, it stops unaware quagsire and handles my skarm problems. The evs allow it outspeed Lucario, and mamoswine. Its my SR user as well :3.
Nothing really else to say about this really, it stops some of scraftys counters and is my first answer to rain teams. HP fire is for scizor and all the like and giga drain for stab. Nasty plot to raise its attack. I am pretty happy with this. Leafstorm was added to help attack harder, and recover for well recovery :P.

Scorpion (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Gliscor is excellent, it checks Excadrill and Conkelldur who would give scrafty problems. It fills the role of a bulky sweeper. The Evs give maximum Poison Heal recovery while the extra speed will help to outspeed opposing Gliscor. Swords dance allows Gliscor to boost its attack, ice fang is to hit flying pokes and levitate users. Earthquake is STAB. Taunt is stop phazers and other pokemon from setting up. He stops most fighting types and handles Terrakion who give scrafty trouble.

Kabal @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Band has been chosen to handle skarmory which team can have problems with. Thanks BKC ^_^.The EVs are standard and jolly is chosen for the speed. Close Combat and Stone Edge give excellent coverage, X scissor to revenge psychics and rockslide for a more reliable rock attack. Earthquake added to have better utility, and hit EQ weak pokemon more.

Finish Him (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

CB Scizor is just excellent. BP is to handle terrakions, tyranitar and the occasional kyurem I see. The Evs are standard maximizing bulk and atk. This monster is my answer to reuniclius, especially the tr one -.-. Bullet punch is self explanatory, pursuit to trap fleeing psychics, u turn to escape and superpower to hit incoming pokes like Heatran and magnezone. Made more specially defensive to help with my latios weakness.

West Side (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gastrodon is just excellent, it is my second check to rain, and is my answer to latios and thunderbro.(well to thunderbro incase terrakion is not around.) The Evs maximize special defence, and relaxed nature is chosen to handle volcorano so i can use Earthquake. Ice beam is to handle flying types. Toxic is for bulky waters and recover to gain health. Sassy to boost special defence, which I didnt add before for some reason XD

Conclusion
Thanks for reading my Rmt :) and any constructive criticism is welcome. A big thanks to sam for his help in making this team. I am willing to change anything to make this team better. Any future changes will be in bold Thanks to the Master of Oz for these changes, more rates are welcome.

A last Glance

With your celebi, I would recommend that you run a lot more hp investment. I would make it a lot more of a supportive set to better fit your team(so rain teams packing grassknot dont hit u hard). Otherwise, your team doesnt look to bad. A small thing that could help is making all of your team members female, to help deal with rivalry haxorus.

Hey there. Nice team.

Although, with many common pokes such as Dragonite and Heatran walling your Celebi, running a Nasty Plot set with no recovery outside of Giga Drain and no extra coverage move such as Earth Power and Psychic probably isn't the best idea. Therefore, I would change the moveset to Stealth Rock / Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire / Recover with a Life Orb. Recover makes Life Orb recoil not that big of a deal, and lets Celebi hit much harder.

On Terrakion, run Earthquake over Rock Slide. Having two rock moves isn't the best idea; Earthquake lets you do much more damage to the likes of Jirachi.

Relaxed raises defense, so run Sassy instead on your Gastrodon.

Now, a choice specs Latios using Draco Meteor can tear massive holes in your team, especially since Gastrodon can't take two consecutive hits from it. In order to fix this issue, run a bulkier spread on your Scizor: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef. This will let you switch into Draco Meteors much easier, and allow you to take out Latios easily with Pursuit; it also helps in general with dragon moves and such, as you have no spinner and Scizor can get worn down somewhat easily. The drop in power is easily made up for by Choice Band.

Solid team and good luck :]

This is a cool spin on non-weather, and you've got the offensive part of the metagame checked really well! Unfortunately, it's defensive Pokemon that'll be your biggest headache. Skarmory looks like a massive douchebag, since it's the biggest threat to your attempted Scrafty sweep and it spikes on Scizor / Terrakion / Gastrodon; Celebi is your main check but he's walled by Skarm's omnipresent partner, Blissey or Chansey. What this basically means is that stall teams are your biggest problem.

I'd like you to try running a Choice Band set on Terrakion. It lures in Skarmory and 2HKOs with Close Combat; once it's dead, Scrafty cleans up. CB Terra is one of the most underrated threats in the metagame - if you can predict, you'll get a kill each time you switch in. Even though you lose the speed of the Scarf set, you've still got counters to the threats you're checking with it. Terra still beats Volcarona; Gastrodon beats Thundurus; Gliscor and Scizor take on opposing Terrakion.

Just something to consider, nice team!

thanks guys for the rates, changes have been implemented and have been working wonders, but sometimes sun can be a problem, so i have no idea how to fix that -.- and loss of weather hurts sometimes tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)