The XY LC Teambuilding Competition! (Entry Period!)

Teambuilding Competition
♥ Stole formatting From Gary and Subject18 ♥

Hey everyone. This is a new project I will be running and updating weekly. Let me explain how it works briefly and then we can get started. It was run last generation by Remedy and George Eliot, and it was received really well. So with a new generation the project could be done and again.

Teambuilding is a really important part of the game. It rewards creativity and intelligence, unlike actual battling which rewards luck and mindless offense; which is why I felt like the LittleCup forum could use a new teambuilding game. Past CCAT threads are cool but they fall down in trying to get us to cooperate, basically. Therefore, I'm throwing cooperation out the window. Here's how it works.

Every round, I will be picking a core of two Pokémon. Then you clever teambuilders go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honor of having their name and entry immortalized in the post below, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.

Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful. It is a good idea to talk about your team and the individual member's roles on your team too, and even replays if you want to win and make me happy inside.

- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar movesets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. IN OTHER WORDS DONT RESERVE TEAM IDEAS.

- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than moveset changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you post.
- No Bandwaggoning : Simple rule: try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he/she has a shiny trophy. Be fair imo

- Users who won a round will have their vote's value doubled.

I DONT want to see the minimum effort of posting teams on here, I want you to put effort into posting the teams and ideas around the team, as the winner team for each week will also be featured on the sample teams thread, too help add some teams for new members to enjoy using.

Team Winners Archive!

Week One

Heysup
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 220 Spd / 236 SAtk / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SAtk / 24 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 188 Spd / 236 Atk / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Brave Bird

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

I know I know, I just wanted to do something a bit more exciting. This is the heaviest of offense teams but with 1-2 pivots for popular dangerous Pokemon.

Choice Scarfing both Pokemon is something I haven't really seen in any of the posted teams, but it is really an interesting combination with hazards and Volt-Turn. You may see the weaknesses of the team, as they are fairly obvious:

- Stealth Rock, no Defog.
- Opposing Chinchou.
- Opposing Spinners/Defoggers.

Here's where I try to convince you that these things don't matter. Here's how it works:

Depending on matchup, I will usually open up with Mienfoo (to stop opposing SR users or beat Fake Out users), Dwebble (to set up on weak leads), or one of the Scarfers (if no immunities/resists). As soon as possible, I bring in Krow to start wall breaking, or Dwebble in to get hazards. If the opponent takes any chance to clear hazards or set up their own, they will probably lose a pokemon or two in the process. It's basically kill-revenge kill-kill-revenge kill over and over, but the momentum stays with me due to Volt-Turn. Murkrow and Larvesta i lure + damage/KO Chinchou and Archen. Chinchou can also nail opposing Chinchou with HP Grass on the switch. In any event, either something like Foongus will switch in, opposing Chinchou, or something like Lileep. All of those are handled.

Keep pressure and momentum is the name of the game and Fletchling comes in because nothing cleans a hazard/Volt-Turn ravaged team like the bird.

I picked a replay vs a Chinchou and a spinner: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-89194730
Ashley11

My Turn.

Muh Bird

Once upon a time there was a bird. This was muh bird. Muh Bird liked going BOOM and BURST and booming and bursting everything, but it kept getting outsped crapthings like murkrow and misdreavus. So what do you do....

You get angry and parahax things! In all seriousness my team focuses on paralyzing things with my regen core, knocking off eviolites with my knock off core, and then booming and bursting with muh bird. Trubish is the glue to the team, being able to tank the knock offs that really hurt my cores. My pawniard set is also very different fromt he norm, as instead of being a wallbreaker, my pawniard is more utility with mienfoo. Tbh, my knock off core is actually more of a utility core. The pawniard is there to help spread paralysis, and knock off eviolites, and set up stealth rocks. The stealth rocks help give me some needed kos and 2 hit kos for muh bird. This team is overall quite helpful, balanced, and works at what it does.

Slowpoke (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 116 HP / 116 SDef / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Foongus (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 76 SAtk / 156 SDef / 156 Def / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Trubbish (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 180 Def / 212 HP / 116 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast
- Spikes

Taillow (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 204 SAtk / 240 Spd / 40 Def
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mienfoo (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Also give me some credit, i didnt use murkrow or meditite :O

Leaderboard

1. Heysup and Shaymin :D-6 Points
2. Ashley11-4 Points
3. Kappaten and Liquidocelot and Artemis Fowl-2 Points
4. Goddess Briyella and Atomicllamas-1 Point​

Last edited:
Current Submitted Teams

Heysup
Going to take a crack at this! Hope you both like and try out this team!

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 SDef / 156 HP
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Taunt
Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 92 SAtk / 212 HP / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 12 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 116 Def / 156 SDef / 68 Atk / 124 HP / 28 Spd
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Seed Bomb
Meditite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Spd / 116 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 228 SAtk / 148 SDef / 52 Def / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
Larvesta @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Spd / 76 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

I started with this, the core for the competition. They both synergize well and cover each weakness the other one has. I actually went for a bulky offensive core with these two. Pawniard really is a great attacker and I did not want to ignore that. The set is relatively standard except for the fact that I went with Taunt in the last spot to prevent anything from trying to burn me and to help stop other status moves. Spritzee on the other hand, is usually seen as a cleric or support but I went with a Calm Mind set. Once, a set similar to this completely tore me apart because I was not ready for it. The objective is to set up Calm Mind and then just heal damage lost with Draining Kiss. Thunderbolt and Psychic are just there for other special moves that Spritzee could utilize.

I then decided to add Pumpkaboo. Pumpkaboo also has really nice synergy to the team as well as the ability to play stall-like offense. It is bulky, has Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, and also has good attacking moves through Shadow Sneak and Seed Bomb. Also, Frisk can help tell me whether my opponent is using Eviolite or Berry Juice. This will prevent me from expecting something and then the other one is what the item truly is.

At this point, I needed a strong pokemon to just destroy everything. When in doubt, go Meditite. Meditite is incredibly strong and I run a Scarf set to outrun and OHKO a lot of obstacles in its way. Meditite has great coverage with Ice Punch and two nice STAB moves through Drain Punch and Zen Heabutt. Lastly, I threw Poison Jab on there to help deal with Fairy-type pokemon and just to have another offensive move. Bullet Punch is good but it is not something I want to be locked into with a Scarf set. Also, I outspeed most things anyway due to Scarf and running Bullet Punch seemed pointless.

I was now at my last two team slots. I like to run a FWG core on most of my teams due to the coverage they have and although this was not the best coverage one, they still work nicely together. I needed a Water and Fire-type at this point and then I saw the first weeks core. I looked and tried it out and realized that they function very nicely on the team. I used Chinchou as a bulky attacker and it can keep momentum through the use of Volt Switch. Larvesta on the other hand, is more of a pokemon that I would keep in but still uses U-Turn when the time is right. I used Flame Charge to help raise my Speed and then by the time Berry Juice pops, I should have used it once or twice. Then, I can use Acrobatics because it will be boosted or I could try to Flinch with Zen Headbutt.
Shaymin :D
In it to win it.

(holy shit the shiny is real)

Well, I guess I should put my teambuilding process again, I recommend reading it. You may learn something :D

I started with these two, as you probably expected. However, I decided to take a different approach than I usually do when I build teams. Instead of finding a pokemon that beats Pawniard's switch-ins, I decided to find a pokemon thats switch-ins are beaten by Pawniard. So, what does Pawniard beat? Ghost types. What is walled af by Ghost types?...

Bunnelby tho. The power of this thing is ridiculous. Anyways, now, I need to find something that is weak to something Spritzee beats. I think to myself, What does Spritzee actually beat, it's a wall for goodness sake's. I came up with Fighting types and Dark types. Now I think, What loses to Fighting types/Dark types?

At this point, I look at my team and it looks good. 2 walls, 2 wallbreakers, looks good. But then, something just jumps out at me.

So, yeah, I just get destroyed by Meditite, I'm just so tired of this thing. I just cry every night in my sleep because it haunts me in my dreams. The one thing I have to kill this thing dies and then it just destroys my soul (help me ;~;).

So, anyways, I need something that can just beat this thing. I throw the Tite counter onto the team.

Yay, the Wynaut is here, to redeem us from insta-death. So, anyways, it looks like the team is good. I figure I have a decent Ground weakness, and my team is pretty slow, so I decided to add something else that would make the team even better.

I'm sorry for using this,but be glad I'm not the "I insta-kill you" version. Looking at my team, I think it looks really good and that I'm ready to go.

Since I know that you read the Teambuilding Process, let's go into the sets.

Bonus Question: What reference are the team member's names making? If ye get it right I love ye 5eva :D

Billy (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

The first thing that pops up is Pursuit over Knock Off. I know it's really awkward, but I'll explain it in a second. Remember when I said I used Pawniard to KO Ghosts that give Bunnelby trouble (You don't? Read the freaking Teambuilding Process plz <3)? Well, that's the main reason why I run Pursuit over Knock Off. Sucker Punch is too important to give up, so Knock Off is what goes. Anyways, Pawn can beat all Ghosts if I predict correctly (which I do, sometimes >_>), and mainly what it does. It also sets up SR, which is nice, and Iron for second STAB ^w^

RJ (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Physical Wall #2, Spritzee is the glue for the team, Wishing wishes to every member so that they can stay healthy and fit :D. Moonblast is good STAB, Wish is Wish, Protect lets Spritzee take any hit while the Wish comes, and Calm Mind makes it a good cleaner. Nothing really to say, except don't stare into Shiny Spritzee's eyes. Creepy af >_>

Tony (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 Atk / 60 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Thief

So Bunnelby, one of the best Wallbreakers in the meta, is here to destroy stuf. Choice Scarf lets it outspeed stuff, even with its below-average Speed. Return hits so freaking hard, there is almost nothing that doesn't get 2HKO'd that isn't bulky af or resists it. Earthquake is such a good coverage move, hitting Rock and Steels. U-Turn is so good for scouting, and Thief hits Missy if Pawn is ded.

Kimberly (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 132 SDef / 132 Def / 236 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
Special Wall, Wynaut is just so bulky. Taking even SE hits with ease, it can KO at least 2 pokemon in every match if played right. CounterCoat is just so good with bulk + Shadow Tag, KOing almost everything. Encore is good for those people that think they can freely set up on the happy troll, and Safeguard is cool if you encore a status move, I guess, though I've been considering replacing it with Tickle since I have a Pursuit-er. The 0 IVs are so good, only take 40% from Foul Play and only taking 3% from confusion... 3%. Pretty cool, yo.

Amy (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 100 SDef / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 108 Spd / 52 HP
Serious Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Murkrow is the 4th wall of the team, and what I consider Troll #2. It can take a surprising amount of hits, considering how frail it is. Prankster is just too good tbh. Thunder Wave helps slow things down for mainly Cranidos. Roost is recovery. Brave Bird is still a very hard hitting STAB. Taunt is nice for leads and things reliant on status moves.

Dwayne (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 212 Spd / 60 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Wallbreaker #2, Cranidos is just so power. The same Attack as Gyarados, Landorus, and other monsters from OU, you can imagine what doesn't die to Life Orb Sheer Force Boosted moves. Rock Slide just hits so hard, almost as hard as a particular
150 BP STAB Move off of 22 Attack that we all know and love. Crunch hits all non-Pawniard Steels at least neutrally, and most Ground types. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting types extremely hard. Earthquake hits Pawniard, the only resistor of all three moves.

Yeah, not as good as my previous team, but I believe that it is still pretty good. Thank you for reading and lets see if we can not get Second this time ^_^

Team C/P, steal if ye want
Billy (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
RJ (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Tony (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 Atk / 60 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Thief
Kimberly (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 132 SDef / 132 Def / 236 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
Dwayne (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 212 Spd / 60 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
Amy (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
EVs: 100 SDef / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 108 Spd / 52 HP
Serious Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

EDIT: 100th post ^_^ so yeah
Jac
OH THE LUCK IS REAL
I already have a team with this core and this team is a bit odd as it's a stally team.
Hippo Hop (Hippopotas) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
Darkwing Dyke (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 76 SDef / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 116 HP
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Pyro Jack (Pumpkaboo-Super) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 68 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SDef / 164 HP
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Squigly (Shellos) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 136 Def / 180 SDef / 152 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover
Steely Dan (Pawniard) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 36 Def / 36 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
Death Cleric (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 12 SAtk / 212 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Basically this team was built when i wanted to stall without using regen.
Hippopotas is really bulky and is oft used as the lead to set up SS and get some early damage in. I cant really decide if i wanna be bird fodder/hazardless so i change it every few matches
Vullaby is my first phsycal wall and defogger. I dont like hazards on my end because it saps up their bulk. So what better way of getting rid of it? Knock Off is obligitory as you know, Roost to heal and set up sweepers are annoying so i just blaw them away. Sometimes i'll switch it up and run Brave Bird instead
Pumpkaboo-Super is one of the fattest ghosts in LC. This set seems odd at first
but it stands up to Acro Fletch who is a bane and other physical attackers who think it cant be 2hko'd by their Acro. I use Protect to scout but i might change it out for another damaging move since sometimes it leaves me open to trouble.
Shellos and it's Sticky Hold naturally created issues since it has to tank hits but it scares off most Knock Off mons not named Timburr. The good thing is that i can give Spritzee a run for it's money with this set up. If i get the SDef drops.
Pawniard is my scarf revenger who loves smacking items out of hands. The set consisting of Iron Dead Fairies Head, Sucker Hit First Punch, Brick Break other PAwniards, and Knock your item Off. Defiant gets me some lucky ass boosts sometimes.
Spritzee is my main cleric and a mixed wall. Wish/Aroma keeps my team healthy and PRotect scouts trolly things i dont like. Based Moonblast with it's based satk drops will keep anythign special threats.
This team is p old and was pre gligar/swirlix ban so it's carried me though the ladder on it's fat balky back. Hope it's good enough to turn heads.
EDIT: iunno how hide tags work
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-100011949
This is exactly how my team is supposed to work. Pumpkaboo is a fucking tank and missed a lot of WOWs in this match ;w; and yeah Hippopotas has Rock Slide > Stealth Rock for now to troll Levitators but no SR means no constant damage.

Last edited:
The first core is...

Chinchou/Larvesta!

Chinchou and Larvesta are both interesting pokemon in their own ways, and can be paired very well together. Larvesta is commonly used as an anti physical attacker pokemon, being able to burn your opponents if lucky by having the ability flame body. While this idea may make Larvesta seem to be a very defensive pokemoon, Larvesta is very powerful with its STAB Flareblitz, and access to u-turn and Wild Charge. Chinchou is also like Larvesta, but has a bunch more options. It can support the team with heal bell, spread paralysis, and take a few hits too! Chinchou/Larvesta both are cool in the sense that they can be both defensive AND offensive, giving you a bunch of options when building your team. Good luck teambuilders!​

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there! After seeing this thread, I threw something fun together that I thought would surprise opponents. I hope you like the team I designed with the inclusion of the Larvesta/Chinchou core. ♥
Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 220 Spd
Bold Nature
- Soak
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SDef
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Protect

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge

Buneary @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 236 Spd / 228 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Switcheroo

Binacle @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 100 Atk / 20 HP / 196 Spd / 140 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Poison Jab
- Switcheroo

Murkrow @ Choice Band
EVs: 188 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 HP / 32 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swagger
- Taunt
- Haze

And here's a game I recently played with this team on the ladder:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-89053440

Three Choice Bands on one team. Two carriers of it have a means of either making use of the instant power boost or crippling an enemy by forcing an item switch with Switcheroo, while Choice Band Murkrow annihilates the opposition with Brave Bird and has a handful of priority disruptive options if they are ever needed to get out of a jam. Anything weak to Flying is going to die. Larvesta and Chinchou form a great VoltTurn core that is the momentum basis of this team. I used Soak on Chinchou to be able to threaten any switch-in to it with paralysis or a super effective Volt Switch that also preserves momentum if they switch back out to avoid it. Binacle handles Spritzee easily by either giving it a Choice Band, hitting it twice with Choice Band Poison Jab, or setting up on it after it has gained a new item.

Last edited:
Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SAtk / 60 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 68 SAtk / 212 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 Def
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

So, basically I used Chinchou and Larvesta as a basis of VolTurn, and added Mienfoo cuz what's a VolTurn core without Mienfoo. Then I added Lileep for a decent FWG core, as it counters Chinchou and some other threats to the main core pretty decently; it also gets Stealth Rock and is a great user of it. Vullaby is here to annoy everybody, and it's also a pretty decent Meditits counter, mainly gave it Brave Bird just for the Tits. Misdreavus is a great sweeper in this meta, so of course I'm going to be using it. Mienfoo is Life Orb, because if it wasn't my team would be a little more defensive than I'd like. I gave Chinchou a +Spe nature to throw some enemies off, and win Speed ties with other Chinchou. Was thinking of running U-turn over Knock Off on Vullaby for more momentum, but then I realized Misdreavus would more appreciate Knock Off so it can get past some walls.

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 160 Def / 76 SDef / 76 Atk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 Def / 148 SDef / 72 SAtk / 156 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Fletchling
EVs: 100 Spd / 196 Atk / 200 HP / 12 Def
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Honedge @ Berry Juice
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 136 Spd / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 60 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Destiny Bond

Cottonee @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 SAtk / 200 SDef / 36 Def / 36 HP
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Memento
- Switcheroo

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 100 SDef / 100 Def / 112 HP
Adamant Nature
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

I tried to make a good team that didn't go the usual Meditite/Murkrow/Mienfoo/insert OP thing here. Of course, I used Larvesta and Chinchou as my defensive core. ResTalk Chinchou is a really good status absorber, alogn with taking hits very well and burning things with Scald. Cottonee is a very good support mon for my team, crippling something with Switcheroo Scarf, along with Encore, often giving me a free switch-in into anything. Dazzling Gleam hits decently hard, while Memento is what made me pick it, almost always giving me a sweep opportunity.

Fletchling and Honedge are my two sweepers, Fletchling hitting things with a +2 110 BP Priority is just too good to pass up, and U-Turn gives me another member in my Volt-Turn core. Honedge gets perfect coverage with Shadow Claw + Sacred Sword, letting it run Autotomize AND Destiny Bond, bringing down one last poke before Honedge goes down. Trubbish is so underrated, with no Gligar plaguing it, taking Knock Offs, walling Fighting types not named Meditite, hit things hard with Gunk Shot, and set up Spikes, which is much easier to keep on the other side of the field due to Gligar's ban.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-89138036

Replay for fun ^_^ Trubbish is just so good

Last edited:
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 Spd / 236 SAtk / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

Fletchling
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SAtk / 24 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 188 Spd / 236 Atk / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Brave Bird

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

I know I know, I just wanted to do something a bit more exciting. This is the heaviest of offense teams but with 1-2 pivots for popular dangerous Pokemon.

Choice Scarfing both Pokemon is something I haven't really seen in any of the posted teams, but it is really an interesting combination with hazards and Volt-Turn. You may see the weaknesses of the team, as they are fairly obvious:

- Stealth Rock, no Defog.
- Opposing Chinchou.
- Opposing Spinners/Defoggers.

Here's where I try to convince you that these things don't matter. Here's how it works:

Depending on matchup, I will usually open up with Mienfoo (to stop opposing SR users or beat Fake Out users), Dwebble (to set up on weak leads), or one of the Scarfers (if no immunities/resists). As soon as possible, I bring in Krow to start wall breaking, or Dwebble in to get hazards. If the opponent takes any chance to clear hazards or set up their own, they will probably lose a pokemon or two in the process. It's basically kill-revenge kill-kill-revenge kill over and over, but the momentum stays with me due to Volt-Turn. Murkrow and Larvesta i lure + damage/KO Chinchou and Archen. Chinchou can also nail opposing Chinchou with HP Grass on the switch. In any event, either something like Foongus will switch in, opposing Chinchou, or something like Lileep. All of those are handled.

Keep pressure and momentum is the name of the game and Fletchling comes in because nothing cleans a hazard/Volt-Turn ravaged team like the bird.

I picked a replay vs a Chinchou and a spinner: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-89194730

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
My team is so bad and yet it wins against things. I don't know why.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 228 Atk / 236 SDef / 44 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Seed
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SDef / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
Fletchling @ Berry Juice
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 SDef / 36 SAtk / 12 Def / 180 Spd
Brave Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- U-turn
Wynaut @ Berry Juice
EVs: 140 SDef / 132 Def / 236 HP
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 228 SAtk / 228 SDef / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
Piplup @ Berry Juice
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 228 SDef / 28 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Defog

So yeah. Because screw any Pokemon that's S or A except for the obligatory Chinchou and Larvesta, I present something that would probably do better in dark horse.

I needed a ghost. I also needed something to stop foongus from sporing. I got Pumpkaboo. It's actually reasonably bulky and does well against sturdy tirtouga and chinchou. Rock slide is a nasty surprise for fletchling and murkrow. Then Larvesta. He's a VoltTurn core with Chinchou, and works well as a fire type killer. Morning sun keeps him alive. Fletchling is absurdly strong with priority acrobatics. It will kill you. Nice try with your scraggy though.

Meditite is annoying. I have the best counter. Wynaut traps it, kills it, and heals up with berry juice. There is no more sweeping, since wynaut can take essentially any move and KO back with counter. And then it can set the stage for others or get even more kills.

Chinchou is Volt in VoltTurn, and absorbs your water type attacks. I'm a cool kid, so I'm not running volt absorb. Finally Piplup. I needed a defogger. I didn't want a flying weakness on a defogger. Seedot sucks. And Piplup gets stealth rock. I think I have a rock setter and defogger. Also, it hits things like opposing rock setters for largely super effective damage.

I'll get you a replay latter.

Ok guys this is probably the most work i have ever put into a team cross checking and going over there weaknesses resistances and super effectiveness twice over that being said on with the team.
Chinchou @choice scarf
EVs: 228 SAtk / 60 SDef / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge

Scraggy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 SAtk / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Psychic

Baltoy @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SAtk / 196 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Part one of the needed core and i did something a little different and made them dual scarfers. I chose this set to make a nice volt turn core with larvesta while also being able to outspeed and counter threats such as mixkrow +2 tirtouga and torchic. hydro pump is there for stab dazzling gleam to help with fighting and dark types and ice beam for grass and dragon types that wall your stabs. chinchou provides nice water fire and flying resistance along with a amazing electric immunity.

I made larvesta here also scarfed so i can have a very fast u-turn and to give me dual scarfers that can outspeed and ko most of the meta. u turn is there to complete my volt turn core and to help me gain fst momentum. Flare blitz is there for a very strong physical stab attack and to destroy dangerous grass types and steel types that hurt this team. Zen headbutt is there for fighting and poison types that plaque this team and to deal great damage. Wild charge is there to hit the bulky water types that normally wall larvesta and to hit flying types such as murkrow hoping for a free kill. Larvesta provides some very nice resistances to grass fighting bug and fairy.

Now you may be thinking why scraggy but after checking it out i found out that dark/fighting was the second best combo when matched with the other two and scraggy is a very good late game sweeper.
Dragon dance is for set up and when combined with moxie turns scraggy into a terrifying late game sweeper after only one boost. Knock of is there because it is a stab move and because it is the single best move in the game right now and can ko a majority of the metagame. Drain punch is there for a nice recovery move that can deal damage and is stab so its good for sweeping. Iron head is there for the fairies that destroy scraggy. Scraggy gives some nice resistances in dark ghost and a amazing immunity to psychic.

Gastly is here to spinblock and defog block and to be a very strong special attacker and wall breaker. Shadow ball is a very strong stab move that can hurt many things very badly. taunt is there to stop things from setting up rocks and defogging and also makes sure that nothing can get free recovery or status off. Sludge wave is there for a very strong stab move that can hit fairies and grass types. Thunderbolt is there for a nice coverage move and to hit bulky water and flying types. Gastly has nice resistances in grass poison bug and a great immunity to fighting.

Spritzee is here to be a great wall and another fighting/dark type resist and to be the team cleric. Draining kiss is there to hit dark and fighting types hard and to provide some nice recovery as a bonus. Wish is there for recovery and to heal up the rest of my team as all but scragg dont have recovery. Aromatherapy is there to help out with status that hurts this team and also so it can win stall wars. Psychic is there for poison types that wall this set. Spritzee Gives two very nice resistances in dark and fighting and walls a lot of the meta.

This will probably be my most controversial member but it is probably the most valuable besides the main too. You remember how i said dark/fighting was the second best combo well psychic ground is thee best combo you can have with the main core and whats better then having stab on them. Baltoy does so much for this team providing great support and offensive pressure. Psychic is there for a great stab attack and provides great coverage for this team. Earth power is there because it is stab provides great coverage for this team and is the only ground type move on the team. Stealth rock is there to provide great support for the team and help wear down key threats such as murkrow larvesta and fletchling. Rapid spin is there to provide great support and remove the rocks that volt turn and larvesta especially hates. Baltoy provides nice fighting rock type resistances and a amazing electric immunity.

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 228 SAtk / 60 SDef / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge

Scraggy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 SAtk / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Psychic

Baltoy @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SAtk / 196 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Sorry for fangasming over baltoy but it fts these two so well and here is my submission thanks for reading.

Edit : here is my replay not the best match but i think it shows off the team somewhat well.
http://splashurl.com/k36pjw3

Last edited:
Had a few games with this team, and it has performed well so far, but the slowness of the ladder has been limiting my ability to test today.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SDef
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Murkrow @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 188 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Brave Bird
- Thief
- Substitute

Misdreavus @ Choice Specs
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp

Tentacool @ Berry Juice
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 36 SAtk / 196 SDef
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Magic Coat

Chinchou and Larvesta are running their standard bulky sets, for some nice slow volt-turning. Chin can switch into Murkrow pretty easily and Larvesta can switch into Meditite and then burn, and U-turn out to something else.

Mienfoo I chose to add more momentum grabbing. Again, a pretty standard set. Stone Edge hits opposing Larvesta and Fletchling. Mienfoo is a solid choice for almost any team.

I picked Murkrow to deal major damage and disrupt. With so much momentum grabbing, it's easy to get a sub on a switch. When berry juice activates, either steal another juice or some eviolite. This is the major damage dealer of the team.

Misdreavus causes further disruption with trick, or just plain hits hard with specs shadow ball. Again, with the momentum-grabbing it's pretty easy to get in to cause damage. Can always WoW and switch if you need to, as well.

The last slot is one you can play around with. I chose a spinner in Tentacool, but you could also put something like a hazard-setting Dwebble here. Tentacool spins, tanks special attacks, and can magic coat if the opponent tries to put rocks up in your face. Other options for spinners are Staryu or Shellder. Shellder has access to spikes, while Staryu has recovery. Be careful of Foongus!

This isn't the best replay, but it showcases the main 5 members of the team doing their jobs.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-89477261

You all now have 5 more days to submit teams. The deadline is on Monday at 5:00 PM EST unless something comes up and I happen to not be on in time. In that case, lucky for you, you will have more time to submit your entry.

BTW, I have now updated my second main post with the current submitted teams for easy access.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay~

My turn.

So my team consists of a main Voltturn core and other powerful and frail sweepers to compliment them, as well as a Defogger to compliment the offensive nature of this team.

This team used to have the offensive trio of Gligar/Helioptile/Larvesta but with Gligar banned and Helioptle not carrying it's weight, Chinchou was added in as another option. Since Chinchou can run more attacking options and has a better defesive typing makes it the more superior choice. Now Larvesta is super weak to SR so i added Vullaby in to fend off Rocks and other hazards, as well as having an psuedo answer to bulky offensive teams by knocking off items. Meinfoo was also added in as a fast and hard hitting fighting type who could nab much needed kos and as well switch out at oppertune times. Meowth serves as a disruptor to steal items off of potential threats to weaken them. Also he foncions as my psuedo ghost killer since he ties with Missy and can sorta 3hko with Bite. Taillow is my nonstop noise machine that decimates all in it's path. This team has a lot of success and a lot of failure.

Most of the time i have a lot of hard time with things i cant 2hko, usually bulky eviolite users like Spritzee. Thunder Wave is another hinderance to my team. The fact that Vullaby cant harm anyone after Knock Off is use is also a pain. But more than usually my team is strong enough to pull through.

here's my team for you to use if you'd like~ (it's 5am and i cant remember how to do hide tags and i'll just edit it when i get up tomorrow) feel free to steal and play with it~

edit: the hide tags are real and also 2 days later i ask how to do it :p

Koji Kondo (Mienfoo) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Shinespark (Chinchou) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 Spd / 232 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Soleanna (Larvesta) (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

Screecherine (Taillow) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 240 Spd / 196 SAtk / 72 Atk
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Larceny (Meowth) (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 HP / 36 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Covet
- Bite
- U-turn

Darkwing Dyke (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
EVs: 152 Def / 116 Spd / 156 SDef / 76 Atk
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Last edited:
Meditite @ Eviolite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Tri Attack

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 236 Def / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Drilbur @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Honedge (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 60 SDef / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

This is the team i used vs Blarajan in SPL. I actually just realized i could submit it n_n

Chinchou+Porygon+Larvesta is an incredibly solid core, while Drilbur is there for hazards, Honedge as an offensive answer to Meditite and Meditite is just there to wreck shit. cbf to give further explanation oO

Ok, Entry period is OVER. Vote for your fav team now! You CAN vote for youself. You will vote like this.

1. ~~~~
2.~~~~
3.~~~~

they are ranked 1-3 in favs. Don't pick one just because there is a shiny badge on his name or the team is unique. You pick a team because it functions well. Use the 2nd post of mine to find teams. 1 counts for 3 votes, 2 counts for 2 and 3 counts for 1

1. I vote for myself n_n
2. Bri's team goes a really awkward, but effective route in the form of the CBs. I like creativity.
3. Liquidocelot for using the core in a creative way that would surprise the opponent, expecially with Gligar's ban.

Baltoy imo

Last edited:
1.Heysup mainly because I enjoyed the dual scarfers myself and think that the offensive versions fit better with the meta in general right now
2.myself (shameful ness I know) because I worked extremely hard on it and love the synergy between all the Pokemon including baltoy/larvesta/chinchou as it is a really good core
3. Shaymin : D as it varies from the standard cores and does something a little more exciting Anne overall more fun while showing off lesser used threats.

Current score in the standing will update with more votes unless ashley has it taken care of in which case i will delete this post.

1. Heysup-14
2. Shaymin :D-7
3.Liquidocelot/kappaten-6
4.Goddess briyella-4
5.chielee/-3
6.jac-2

Last edited:
Ok, here are the final scores for this week!

1.Heysup-14 Points
2.Shaymin-7 Points
3.Kappaten and Liquidocelot-6 Points
Honorable Mention-Goddess Briyella

I will now make a leaderboard on the top post. Heysup now has 4 points, shay has 3, kappa has 2, and Bri has 1 point. I will get up the new core to build around as soon as possible, just give me a minute or so to think of a new core to use :P Good Job everyone, and Heysup's team will be posted in the sample teams thread when i get around to it (if i get the permission ofc)

Last edited:
Ok, I have the new core for this week. It is...

Foongus/Slowpoke

Yes, I chose the classic regenerator core, i know i am unoriginal. But this core is just so flexible, and it fits on many different teams. With this core I will surely see many diverse teams since there are so many different ways you can fit this regen core onto a team. I don't think I need to explain these two pokemon, it is pretty self explanatory what they do. Good luck teambuilders, the deadline is next week saturday to submit your new entries!​

Ew...

May as well put Miefnoo in there right?

Not sure I'm going to do this round but if an idea comes I'll post it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)