~The Way Of The Samurai~ {OU}

My Samurai team... just kidding. A team i made up while playing Shoddy. It works pretty well but i figured you guys could find problems with it. Even though this is OU i do enjoy having some UU (Arcanine and Typhlosion mostly) Um so Here it is!

AT A GLANCE

LEAD

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Earthquake

My lead aerodactyl. It always sets up a stealth rock, and has potential to OHKO a Salamence after stealth rock damage. This Aerodactyl sets up stealth rock, then most likely gets hit with a OHKO move, but hangs on with focus sash, Then it can suicide and use either Rock Slide or Earthquake. Jolly Gives it a boost against scarfed pokemon and can most likely end them if Rock Slide hits. Taunt can cripple leads like Azelf or uxie, and stops them from setting up rocks or spikes. The ATK and SPE EV's allow for Aerodactyl to be fast and pack a serous punch.

THE FAVORITE

Arcanine (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 Atk/252 Speed/212 SAtk
Naive nature (+Speed, -SDef)
- Extremespeed
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Fang
- Dragon Pulse

An Arcanine set that i created on a different rmt, but has still worked. Extreme Speed, is to pick up scraps on pokemon like scizor or salamence doin a potential 25% damage to both with the given EV's. Thunder fang is to hit flying types and paralyzed gyarados's. Dragon Pulse is a good move that hits every pokeon except for Steels, but Flamethrower covers them. 212 SATK allows for flamethrower to do 75% damage to lucario, while Dragon Pulse can hit for 50% damage on Salamences. Naive gives it a slight speed boost without hurting either attak or SATK.

THE SPECIAL ATTACKER

Togekiss (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
timid nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Grass knot
- Thunder Wave

A para-flinch togekiss, however instead of roosting, i gave it Grass knot for perfect type coverage. This can OHKO a Swampert with Grass knot and can bother enemies after a thunder wave, with airslash with its 60% flinch rate. Timid nature helps Give a speed boost when facing enemies that have the same speed. Aura sphere to get the upperhand on steels, and to try suicide by hitting rypherior or marowak. The SPA EV's were to give it more power with airslash, Aura Sphere, and Shadow Ball. The SPeeD EV's allow it to outrun some opponents, giving it a slight speed boost.. The 4 def EV's were a filler, but still help Togekiss from physical moves nonetheless.

THE PHYSICAL WALL

Metagross @ Leichi Berry
Adamant
Clear Body
252 Atk/192 Spe/52 HP/12 Def
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

From November1093
This Metagross would give your team strategy, because right now I can't really tell what your goal is with this team. But anyway, allow to explain why I've chosen this moveset. The given EVs (after an Agility) will allow you to outspeed Choice Scarfed Flygon and Heatran-Two big threats to this team-and OHKO them with the apropriate 4x effective attack. The rest of the EVs are put into defences so Metagross's bulk won't be wasted. Should you get the Leichi boost, your attack will skyrocket to 608, and then your opponent better have a focus sashed priorty user that can switch in unscathed or they are SO SCREWED!!! Scamory gives this set some trouble but Arcanine and Salamence can cover for it.
THE COOL WALL

Foretress @ Shed Shell
Impish
Sturdy
252 HP/156 Def/100 Atk
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Payback
-Explosion

From November1093
This Forretress is great for setting spikes, rapid spinning unpleasant things away, and eliminating one of your opponents pokmon (with Explosion) after its job is done. Payback lets it take on most spin blockers barring Overheat Rotom. Too bad Overheat Rotom is the most common spin Blocker.
THE Mixed ATTACKER

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 218 Atk/252 Spd/40 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/outrage

From Crimson Leon
you give far to much special atack evs only for 1 atack,you also dont run max speed,what is a must on most mence sets,so i also sugest you try this mix DD mence,you still keep that single(more powerful) special move,that when you combo with the other 2 physical moves,give perfect coverage,and after DD you are going to deal some heavy damage,fire blast still ohko skarmory,scizor and most pokemons that are weak to,even with the low amount of evs, anyway try that out to see if works ok?
thats it. please rate and comment

Okay this looks like a nice team but I have a few suggestions:

- On Aerodactyl, you might wanna consider Rock Slide over Stone Edge for more PP, Acc. and the occasional flinch.

- On Arcanine: Life Orb > Wise Glasses.

- Pain Split is not a Physical move (or even Special for that matter). I suggest switching Dusknoir nature with Carefull since Will-o-wisp already halves to attack stat of physical attackers. Also with Will-o-wisp physical sweepers have a hard time switching in and your opponent will send out special attackers. For this reason I suggest you replace Thunderpunch with Shadow Sneak (for ghosts: eg. Gengar, ...) and Icepunch with Earthquake for Heatran trying to absorb the Will-o-wisps.

- On Mixmence you could go for Fire Blast over Flamethrower because it can turn 2HKO 'sinto possible OHKO's.

Okay I hope I hekped, nice team btw! ^^

Rock Slide indeed is superior on Aero. Aero cant afford to miss an attack and the flinch change can come in handy too
I wouldn't take MixMence with Dragon Dance. I would choose the classic MixMence too break walls.
Further I dont really know what to replace since I don't really know what's the goal of the team

Okay this looks like a nice team but I have a few suggestions:

- On Aerodactyl, you might wanna consider Rock Slide over Stone Edge for more PP, Acc. and the occasional flinch.cool ill go for rock slide, i have noticed that the accuracy is terrible.

- On Arcanine: Life Orb > Wise Glasses.
i don know why i went with wise glasses, however i like to play under Item Clause and Salamence already has life orb. any other suggestions?

- Pain Split is not a Physical move (or even Special for that matter). I suggest switching Dusknoir nature with Carefull since Will-o-wisp already halves to attack stat of physical attackers. Also with Will-o-wisp physical sweepers have a hard time switching in and your opponent will send out special attackers. For this reason I suggest you replace Thunderpunch with Shadow Sneak (for ghosts: eg. Gengar, ...) and Icepunch with Earthquake for Heatran trying to absorb the Will-o-wisps.
Oh okay, i hadn't thought of that. Thankyou

- On Mixmence you could go for Fire Blast over Flamethrower because it can turn 2HKO 'sinto possible OHKO's.I did not want to use Fire Blast because of accuracy.

Okay I hope I hekped, nice team btw! ^^
thanks

@ Krommetje Ty for the advicce on mixmence, and i dont know th goal of the team either, maybe a bulky offensiv, or regular offensive. definetly ot stall though. However for mixmence i did not want draco meteor, thats why i went for Dragon claw. so shold i keep the dragon claw, or go ahead and use Draco meteor

Draco Meteor is really strong. It really kills much. But after it you are forced to use physical attacks. But yes I would go with Meteor for the raw power...

But why do you like to play under item clause. Just ladder without the item clause. Thats much easier

i know, but item clause just makes the game a little harder and more competitive. Like you would have to really put thought to what your bronzong would hold if lum berry and leftovers were already used. I just like it. Also what about dragon pulse?

hmmm, if you play under Item clause, why do you have 2 pokes with leftovers? (Metagross and Dusknoir). Change on of them to Sitrus berry or Shell bell.

On Arcanine consider Expert belt.

On Togekiss, you might wanna change it's nature to either Timid or Modest. It's SDef is naturaly high letting it survive a HP ice anyway.

first,i just want to know,you play with item clause because you want or because you dont play ladder? life orb is far superior in arcanine,and no one else use item clause only for fun,if you REALLY dont want to use the same items on multiple pokemons,it really get hard to help you,anyway,in OU,infernape outclasse arcanine,dont come saying that arcanine is more bulk and that is why you use,you got naive nature on him,so try this out

nfernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 66 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

if you dont want to use life orb,they are multiple other items you can use,but life orb is superior,i am not going to try to force you to give up on your item clause,i saw that your arcanine is your favorite,so i dont really think you are going to bother to switch him for infernape,but remember,he take 25% from SR so he is not going to survive long,one more reason to use life orb

you do have a point CL, life orb is a great item, so i think i may switch and take out item clause. Infernape however im not sure, close combat is a great move and so are his others, but i built this team around arcanine. (he sweeped a whole team once) i dont think i would want to change him

Fisrt of all I would like to start by saying that your team is awsome and amazingly unstandard. I just love to rate cool teams like this one. Great job. Its people like you that keep me coming back to this Forum. Now on to the Rate:

I think your team wants spikes badly. Especially since your Arcanine can get alot more OHKOs with it. Also I see a BIG Stealth Rock Weakness that could potentially ruin you. I really try to avoid suggesting completely new pokemon but I really think you should do this. Swithch Dusknoir for Forretress, as he can Rapid Spin and set up Spikes. He's great at both, too. With Forretress covering 'Defensive Steel', you should probably switch up your Metagross's set. I highly recommend the oft forgotten Agili-gross! He would give your team more of an offensive edge (which your team badly needs) and make it a little less Lucario weak.

Here are the sets:
Foretress @ Shed Shell
Impish-252 HP/156 Def/100 Atk
-Spikes-Rapid Spin-Payback-Explosion

This Forretress is great for setting spikes, rapid spinning unpleasant things away, and eliminating one of your opponents pokmon (with Explosion) after its job is done. Payback lets it take on most spin blockers barring Overheat Rotom. Too bad Overheat Rotom is the most common spin Blocker.

Metagross @ Leichi Berry
Adamant-252 Atk/192 Spe/52 HP/12 Def
-Agility-Meteor Mash-Earthquake-Ice Punch

This Metagross would give your team strategy, because right now I can't really tell what your goal is with this team. But anyway, allow to explain why I've chosen this moveset. The given EVs (after an Agility) will allow you to outspeed Choice Scarfed Flygon and Heatran-Two big threats to this team-and OHKO them with the apropriate 4x effective attack. The rest of the EVs are put into defences so Metagross's bulk won't be wasted. Should you get the Leichi boost, your attack will skyrocket to 608, and then your opponent better have a focus sashed priorty user that can switch in unscathed or they are SO SCREWED!!! Scamory gives this set some trouble but Arcanine and Salamence can cover for it.

HOPE I HELPED!

you do have a point CL, life orb is a great item, so i think i may switch and take out item clause. Infernape however im not sure, close combat is a great move and so are his others, but i built this team around arcanine. (he sweeped a whole team once) i dont think i would want to change him
has i said,i was not expecting for you to give up on him,and i am not surprise,so am going to try to set togekiss a little then,while shadow ball give perfect coverage with the other moves,flying and fighting is only resisted by zapdos and rotom,you can also get perfect coverage if you give something like fire blast(she learn,lol) but that is just my opinion,about salamence,the same case,fire blast can get you some important ohkos,i also hate when i miss,but you are going to miss only 15% of the time for a very significant amout of damage,thinking very well,try that one

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 218 Atk/252 Spd/40 SAtk
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/outrage

you give far to much special atack evs only for 1 atack,you also dont run max speed,what is a must on most mence sets,so i also sugest you try this mix DD mence,you still keep that single(more powerful) special move,that when you combo with the other 2 physical moves,give perfect coverage,and after DD you are going to deal some heavy damage,dragon claw or outrage is your choice,you want to blast everything away but stay locked and later confuse or be able to change atacks or switch? fire blast still ohko skarmory,scizor and most pokemons that are weak to,even with the low amount of evs,if you want,you might also try grass knot on your togekiss for swampert,but that is just because i never liked of him anyway(my team lack grass moves) and i hope i am not double posting,because haunter already gave me a warning....anyway,try that out to see if works ok?

wow thanks November1093 that complement made my day. I see your point exactly, as i am very stealth rock weak. So the Foretress would come in hamdy, especially the Steel type resistance. And i must say WOW as i have not seen or used an agility metagross in a while, and the move set is extremely nice letting me get the STAB meteor mash and icepunch.

And Crimson Leon (Btw where is that sig from...) that Salamence set would be great for my team as i see that with DD my attacks are stronger, and my speed is better which would help me seriously cause damage to opponents and would catch them by suprise when they think i just have physical mence. However would flamethrower give the same results as i am paranoid about the lack of missing (ever since i missed all 5 stone edges in a row when beating the E4) For the Togekiss however i was thinking of chaging him because i did not like him that much, yeah he saved me but then he gets pwned by another poke like slowbro. For now like the idea of the grass knot but i am willing to change him.

thank you for the advice!

A calm mind suicune would have a fun time against this team. Could come in on, well, almost anything except for Arcanine, calm mind on the switch, then surf/ice beam your whole team. Your weakness to Ice is HUGE and I suggest you fix it. Aero dies to ice, salamance dies to ice, and togekiss dies to ice. And again, your remaining pokemon dont have good special defense, so suicune could do heavy damage to all of them with surf. Without making a counter for a very OU pokemon, I cant give more then a 7/10.

wow thanks November1093 that complement made my day. I see your point exactly, as i am very stealth rock weak. So the Foretress would come in hamdy, especially the Steel type resistance. And i must say WOW as i have not seen or used an agility metagross in a while, and the move set is extremely nice letting me get the STAB meteor mash and icepunch.

And Crimson Leon (Btw where is that sig from...) that Salamence set would be great for my team as i see that with DD my attacks are stronger, and my speed is better which would help me seriously cause damage to opponents and would catch them by suprise when they think i just have physical mence. However would flamethrower give the same results as i am paranoid about the lack of missing (ever since i missed all 5 stone edges in a row when beating the E4) For the Togekiss however i was thinking of chaging him because i did not like him that much, yeah he saved me but then he gets pwned by another poke like slowbro. For now like the idea of the grass knot but i am willing to change him.

thank you for the advice!
so you might want to change togekiss? when i come up with something for this,i will tell you,about salamence,you lose some damage output if you dont run fire blast,and sometimes might miss a ohko(or 2hko) but you might just want to him specific targets(example=scizor),if the case is that you want to hit specific targets like that,then i dont really sugest fire blast,i know how it is to miss stone edge,it sucks,anyway,its all about your opnion,you want to hit everything for high damage or deal with those specific targets? also,about my sig....i made myself,yes,most people would think its stupid,but i like and that is probaly what is matters.

also,sneak hippo,i dont think metagross got low special defense,i tested,and metagross is 3hko by cune surf before CM,and 2hko after,i see your point,but to fit something in his team that can take care of suicune is going to be hard,i am going to try to think of something.

If you don't like Togekiss you should change out for a bulky water counter (thanx Sneaky Hippo for pointing that out). I have one thought that comes to mind-Vaporeon. With water absorb, resistance to ice attacks, and Hidden Power Electric it is argueably the best Bulky Water (and Gyarados) counter in the game. Plus I think it handles about three fourths of the things that Togekiss handles so the loss isn't that great. With Vaporeon's attacks it hits every bulky water in the game for at least neutral damage, while the only bulky water that can do serious damage to it is one with an electric attack, but vaporeon can switch out to another poke if they become a problem. I am really sorry for suggesting something so new- it seems like I want to change your whole team around, but I don't.

Here is the set:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers/Water Absorb
Bold-188 HP/252 Def/68 Sp.Atk
-Wish-Protect-Surf-HP Electric

Just a standard Vaporeon with the 68 speed EVs moved over into Sp. Atk to get the drop on things like Suicune. 188 HP EVs makes Vaporeons HP divisible by 16 so you get maximum leftover recovery. Extra Attack is always helpful and you sure shouldn't let 110 Sp. Atk go to waste. This thing was born to fight bulky waters. It also offers great insurance angainst the occasional Fire Types like Heatran and Infernape and such. Also note that Crocune cannot touch the set because its only attack actually restores Vaporeons HP. Making it the best Crocune counter in the game, besides Lapras (who has some difficulty with other bulky waters). Just watch out for toxic and Thunderbolt Stamie and Vaporeon won't dissappoint.

P.S. I think the best IVs to get a base seventy powered Hidden Power Electric is have perfect IVs except for Sp. Def which needs to be thirty (31/31/31/31/30/31), but I'm not sure so you might want to check on that... If your too lazy or simply don't have the time to get a Vaporeon with said IVs you can replace HP electric with Toxic, but It won't be the same, and you don't seem like a lazy kind of guy.

hmm a vaporeon... i dont know, it would help with calm mind Suicune, but is there anyone else strong enough or bulky enough to destroy Suicune?

Just Thunderpunch on Meta over Ice Punch would fix that problem right quick. You already have Mence AND Dragon Pulse on Arcanine, which should have Dragons covered pretty easily.

GL.

P.S. I think the best IVs to get a base seventy powered Hidden Power Electric is have perfect IVs except for Sp. Def which needs to be thirty (31/31/31/31/30/31), but I'm not sure so you might want to check on that... If your too lazy or simply don't have the time to get a Vaporeon with said IVs you can replace HP electric with Toxic, but It won't be the same, and you don't seem like a lazy kind of guy.
It's Special Attack, actually.

30/30/30/31/31/30

30/31/30/31/31/30

31/30/30/31/31/30

31/31/31/30/31/31

Speed last in every case.

I'm not sure you want to give Togekiss no healing; I would sooner cut Thunder Wave or Grass Knot (or Aura Sphere). Alternatively, Choice Scarf (with Roost?) is a possibility.

there are very few if any true counters to suicune; only a few pokes who can take him out with them. Explosion's your best bet, but playing around saccing salamence to take suicune to a point beyond repair helps too, thought he problem is outside of arcanine everyone else is slower or suicided. Btw vaporeon's a horrible, horrible suicune counter since half of the calm minders run hp electric (and then vappy's bait) and calm mind lo offensive suicune does around 70+% to vappy. He also ohko all used rotom with hydro pump. Specs raikou/jolt work pretty well, though you have to make sure they don't switch into a hydro pump. Scarf magnezone's alright too. Basically the reason why suicune owns your team is that a) it sets up easy and b) it's faster than almost your entire team.

Basically, add any sort of speed to your team and you should be alright.

But then...your team's really weak to almost all special sweepers. it's ok on the physical end since you have two intimidate users, but in addition to suicune, raikou and latias (once togekiss has been weakened) and seriously rampage your team. CM LO raikou disposes of metagross, owns forretress, easily beats sally (with or without hp ice), and beats arcanine and togekiss easily. Even scarftran hurts your team since togekiss and arcanine are both SR weak, and sally's 2hko'd anyways.

One thing that would help (without switching out arcanine which you seem to like) is switching sally for latias. Latias in the end will be beaten by both suicune and raikou (with shadow ball), but can weaken suicune a lot and if above 70% health can hurt raikou enough too. Swapping out togekiss would help a lot too since togekiss in general adds very little to a team since it has no resists besides grass (which no one uses) and a ground immunity, and SR weakness also. Since you have two steels maybe swapping togekiss for latias would help too (even though overall I don't like latias much).

wow, well Latias over togekiss would be ideal as it could destroy suic, then i can pull out arc and then use extreeme speed. Thunder Punch on Meta? ok ill try it. any suggestions on the lati or should i put in a different poke?

wow, well Latias over togekiss would be ideal as it could destroy suic, then i can pull out arc and then use extreeme speed. Thunder Punch on Meta? ok ill try it. any suggestions on the lati or should i put in a different poke?
since it look like he was not very specific on the latias set you should use,i might just give you one myself

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover/wish
- Surf/thunderbolt

this latias REALLY varies depending on what you want,but she is great to take special hits,the choice of recover and wish varies if you want to recover yourself or your team,but the recomended choice is recover,almost the same goes for suf and thunderbolt,dragon and water is only resisted by empoleon and shedninja,the later only by stelix and shedninja,the recomended choice is surf because tyranitar is a counter to latias,you need to hit him hard,thunderbolt by the other side,ohko gyarados and still hit scizor for neutral,blissey is a MAJOR pain for this set,since you need at least 4 calm minds to deal more then 30% to blissey(you will probaly be doing about 40%) so your other pokemons should help you to take tyranitar,scizor and blissey out bofore you send this,unless you need to stop a special sweeper fast,switch her in if the battle get dangerous for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)