The Wall Breakers (A Hyper Offensive Team.)

THE WALL BREAKERS

Hello, and here is my very first RMT, the Wall Breakers. It is a Hyper Offensive team designed to gather and use as much momentum possible to put a team into shambles. This team still needs some help, so PLEASE do so. I would greatly appreciate it. So now here is my teambuilding process.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

First I started with Aerodactyl. It has great speed and good attack, and access to taunt and stealth rocks making this pokemon a great lead for my team.

After that I chose Rotom-Mow to go with it, because it has great speed with a scarf and can take out a wide variety of pokemon. It also has dual STAB, that is good typing too. Amazing typing itself honestly. With access to volt switch as well and the ability levitate, this was the definite choice.

Now I pick Durant, because it just came into RU and it seemed like a good idea to try it out since it is fairly good set up sweeper.

After picking Durant I decided to add Entei. I didnt have a priority user yet and i don't have a good fire resistor yet besides for my lead, so this was a great idea. Since it has access to the best priority move extreme speed, i chose entei.

Now I pick Uxie, because i need something to tank a hit, but also keep momentum swinging. This was the perfect answer with access to uturn and support moves, and considerable bulk.

Finally, I pick Nidoqueen. I picked nidoqueen because i needed to fill up some type gaps, and keep the offensive pressure as well. Nidoqueen was a great choice thanks to it's great ability, coverage, and movepool, and typing.

After testing the team, I notice that Durant is just deadweight on my team. It is just a piece of crap, to be frank. so i decided to switch it with crawdaunt, since it has good typage and AMAZING dual stab and a great ability, adaptability, and access to the move dragon dance.

Now Here is the Team

THE TEAM

Aerodactyl
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
Nature: jolly
stone edge
earthquake
taunt
stealth rocks

This thing is AMAZING. i love it so much. It almost always gets off a taunt, sets up stealth rocks, and kills one pokemon before dying. Stone Edge is there for obvious reasons, STAB, and it ko's entei and moltres and galvantula in one hit. earthquake is there to get unscarved manetric, magneton.Taunt is there to keep other pokes like cresselia from setting up on me or t-waving me. stealth rocks is there to give me the upper hand in the entry hazards spectrum. There is not much to change on this, its amazing.

Crawdaunt
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Jolly
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Crunch
Superpower

Ok, I don't know what i would do without this pokemon. It is my only counter to uxie and cresselia. It does great. Dragon Dance is there to help me sweep. Waterfall is there to have my 2x STAB water type attack thanks to adaptability. It takes out all fire types like magmortar and entei, as well as aggron, aerodactyl, and crustle. Crunch is there for the same reason, but it takes out cresselia dusknoir and uxie. A +1 crunch 2 hit ko's a tangrowth! lol thats bosslike. Superpower is there to have coverage for other pokes like ferrothorn that would wall me otherwise. As for the item, im thinking about switching life orb with lum berry. What do you think?

Entei
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Adamant
flare blitz
stone edge
extremespeed
iron head

This Thing has an extremely powerful extremespeed. This thing has saved me numerous times with it's wonder working extremespeed. Extremespeed is there to revenge kill with pokemon, and it works extremely well. Flare Blitz is there for the extremely powerul STAB fire type move that ko's accelgor, liligant, whimsiscott, and others. Stone Edge takes out Aerodactyl and crustle. Iron head is mainly just a filler. I havent used it once yet. Overall a great teamate.

Uxie
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
252 speed 252 hp 4 attack
Item: Choice Scarf
Uturn
Trick
Heal Bell
Thunder Wave

This thing is decent, it could be better. It does take hits well, and keeps momentum, but it would be nice if it survives longer. im just not sure about this thing. Uturn is for momentum building, trick for scarf switching, healbell for heal statuses and thunder wave for paralyzing fast things. Please make other suggestions for this thing.

Rotom-Mow
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Scarf
252 speed 252 spA 4 hp
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Leaf Storm
Trick

This thing is FABULOUS. No need to change it. Thunderbolt for water types to take out such as kabutops. T bolt also gives a nice STAB attack. Volt Switch is there for Stab momentum builders, which is nice. Leaf Storm is there to take out something I hate like hitmonlee. Trick is there to cripple walls. I am not changing this unless i have to.

Nidoqueen
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Timid
252 speed 252 spA 4 hp
Sludge Wave
Earth Power
Focus Blast
Fire Blast

This thing is great as well, and it is self explanatory. It hits like a truck and can take a hit if it has to. Sludge Wave is there to have a reliable STAB sheer force boosted attack. Same with Earth power honestly, and they are there for good coverage as well. Focus Blast and Fire Blast are here for the sheer force boost and coverage, but I might want to switch them with a better move because I feel like im repeating the same type attacks like fire blast and flare blitz. Advice Please?

CONCLUSION
This is my team, and it is fairly good i think.It had good success, but now it isnt as good for some reason. I need help. Please rate this team, because I really need some help. Oh yeah, I have peaked a rating 1561, but thats the highest ive gone. That shows how much work my team needs I appreciate your help. Thanks!

ss234

bop.
Hey there. This looks like a really well presented team, however there are a few weaknesses.

First of all, Aerodactyl. I really don't like lead aerodactyl, as all it does normally is get up Stealth Rock and die. This uxie set also seems really out of place, as you already have a scarfer and scarf uxie in general is not a great mon, unless you are using the TrickScarf set with SR.

I think the best way to improve the team's synergy would be to switch Uxie's and Aerodactyl's roles around. Aerodactyl works wonders in this metagame as a LO attacker, and is very difficult to switch into and also outspeeds Sceptile, which is a common answer to fast sweepers. This also gives you a great Moltres check / counter, as Aerodactyl can switch in on a Hurricane or Fire Blast with a little HP to spare.

A sr lead Uxie is also very beneficial to your team. It helps to handle Smeargle if you go with the fast Lum Berry set, and still functions as a nice Nidoqueen check and Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan counter. Uxie can also set-up Stealth Rock multiple times throughout the game, which Aerodactyl cannot do. This is a great advantage when a lot of ru teams carry Kabutops, which can easily spin against Choice locked Entei, or Cryogonal which easily spins against Rotom-C and Uxie.

Now for a few small nitpicks. Entei wants to be running HP Grass or Toxic over Iron Head. Iron Head does quite literally nothing on Entei, whereas HP Grass allows you to 2HKO Rhydon and Quagsire iirc, and Toxic also hits Entei counters with an unfavourable status condition, and wears them down enough that Entei can break through them later on. On Rotom-C, you should be running HP Ice over HP Fire. This allows you to hit opposing Rotom-C for god damage, and with HP Ice over Fire you outspeed them by a single point. This still hits grass types like Sceptile as well. HP Fire is still a good choice though, since it hits Ferroseed for much greater damage. For Crawdaunt, Substitute is a far better choice than Superpower. Substitute allows you to set-up with ease on Cresselia, and with Substitute you break through Ferroseed anyway eventually. I also recommend running Leftovers, as this greatly increases his longevity against stall teams, which is where Crawdaunt will be doing most of his work. Finally, I recommend a more bulky spread on Nidoqueen. 168 Speed ev's are all you need to outspeed positive speed 55's, i.e. Crawdaunt, and the remaining 88 HP ev's go in HP to tank hits from the likes of Escavalier better.

Here are a summary of the changes and the sets for Uxie and Aerodactyl:
Lead Aerodactyl--->LO Aerodactyl
Scarf Uxie--->Fast Lum Berry Uxie
Entei Iron Head--->HP Grass | Toxic
Rotom-C Thunderbolt--->HP Ice | HP Fire
Crawdaunt Life Orb--->Leftovers
Nidoqueen ev spread--->88 HP / 168 Spe

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Uxie @ Lum Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

(248 Speed on Uxie under-speeds Jynx, so as they Lovely Kiss Uxie you can U-turn out to Aerodactyl and finish it).

GL and I hope I helped.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hiya Ashley11, Got you VM.

This is a nicely presented team ^.^ Nice to see people try Heavy Offense than slower teams. There are some Pokemon that don't really benefit Heavy Offense teams on your team, so I'm gonna change some of them. Also, I am going to assume you are going with Silvershadow234's suggestions. This way you can try his and then mine, etc.

So from what I gather, this is a heavy offense team and as you pointed out, you want to maintain momentum from turn 1, and don't wanna give it up, even if it means suicide bombing the opponent so you can get something in safely.

First, for Uxie Silvershadow's suggestion was top-notch, but that is more suited towards offense to balanced teams, heavy offense wants a different kind of support. Dual Screen Uxie is recommended over Lum Berry Uxie. The reasoning is because with screens you have a buffer to effectively set up against the opponent, and it gives your sweepers some breathing room in case they get attacked. The proper screen also means that Uxie can live an attack that it would otherwise fail to. So Choice Band Escavalier won't KO with Megahorn provided Reflect is up. Additionally, Memento is a great move, because it allows you to set up on anything thanks to lowering their offensive stats. The downside is that the advantages of Lum Berry is lost. Uxie has a much harder time against Smergle leads because of Spore, but I am going to make another suggestion that takes advantage of Spore. Faster Taunt user like Aerodactyl are also annoying because this variant can't do anything, because Taunt neutralizes Uxie. If this is an issue, than U-turn can be used to switch out. Another benefit of U-Turn is that it allows Uxie to constantly switch in and out and set up screens. Also, Psychic and Thunder Wave are going to be gone, so the support and utility from them are gone. Uxie cannot directly harm Fighting-types nor can it impede other sweepers; however, the benefits outweigh the deficits. Another element that hasn't changed is that Uxie still sets up Stealth Rock for you.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Jolly | Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento / U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Just one nitpick on Aerodactyl. Taunt is a great option to prevent opposing Pokemon from setting up hazards, or anything, because you don't want to face a Pokemon with stat boosts with a heavy offensive team. For example, Aqua Tail doesn't have much utility other than hitting Rhydon harder than Earthquake; Steelix is also hit harder by Earthquake too.

On a heavy offense team having Choiced-locked Pokemon aren't the best, because then the opponent can switch into a resisted attack and then proceed to take momentum away from you. For this reason, I suggest changing Entei. Replace Entei with Wallbreaker Magmortar. Magmortar is an excellent Pokemon that can punch holes in the opposing team. Sure Entei has powerful Flare Blitzes, but what else? Even then Pokemon like Slowking, Poliwrath, and Qwilfish can easily tank whatever Entei throws. On the other hand, Magmortar has great coverage with Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, and Hidden Power Grass. It doesn't matter too much if Magmortar is slow, because with screens up Magmortar can afford to take a hit or two and retaliate back. In addition, Vital Spirit combined with max speed allows Magmortar to effectively take down Smergle, because Uxie can outspeed with U-turn, break Focus Sash, and Magmortar switches into Spore, and finished it off with any attack. Magmortar's biggest weakness Stealth Rocks is handled by smart Taunting on Aerodactyl's end.

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Vital Spirit | Timid
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Grass

Fire Blast vs Flamethrower is the age old question of power vs reliability. In general, Fire Blast is needed for its power.

On Nidoqueen, I suggest changing the EV spread to 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. My rational is this, Nidoqueen already has decent bulk, and this is a fast-paced team, so Nidoqueen wants to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible. Also, Speed-tying with opposing Nidoqueen can't hurt, especially if you win!

On Crawdaunt, you definitely want Substitute over Superpower. Crawdaunt has an uncanny nack for setting up on Cresselia with ease, and Substitute blocks any status attempt. I also suggest trying out Lum Berry / Life Orb. Life Orb is predominate because it gives Crawdaunt awesome power to punch through the opposing team. On the other hand, Lum Berry is available if you get statused somehow, or don't want to spend 25% to make a Substitute.

Uxie -> Dual Screens

Aerodactyl -> Taunt

->

Entei -> Magmortar

Nidoqueen -> 4 HP / 252 HP / 252 Spe

Crawdaunt -> Substitute
-> Life Orb / Lum Berry

Hope I helped. ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)