The team that took me all day to write (a LC rmt)

Hey i'm Irkkk (on smogon and Cap) but i've stopped going on smogon for LC. I also want to promote LC. Its fun and if you wanna try a new metagame try LC on Cap server.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

I wanted a lead that could set up rocks, had priority, and had a way to deal good damage with respectable attack. I am also running a scarfed trio. This trio does an incredible job!
ENTER: Phanpy

I then looked for a scarfer that could suicide when needed. I also needed the poke to be fast and have good stab'ed moves. Its also the first part of my scarfed trio.
ENTER: Voltorb

The second part of my scarfed trio had to be a very hard hitter. WIth a special attacker i wanted a physical one. I also wanted a useful ability to go with him.
ENTER: CRANIDOS

My 1st scarfer is a revenge killer and boomer while my second one does as much damage as possible so i wanted my third one to be able to cripple walls. But i wanted it to be able to do damage after losing the scarf .
ENTER: Gastly

I then looked for a sweeper. I enjoy using powerful sweepers with some bulk. I then found Gligar with 4 attacks and that had great coverage. SOOO....
ENTER: Gligar

I now looked for a reliable bulky poke that could also output damage. From my experience i KNOW that Munchlax MUST be on my team. Who else but him?
ENTER: Munchlax

FINAL PRODUCT:

THE LEADING BLUE ELEPHANT

Phanpy

@

Rollaphant or Rick'rolled
(Thanks Sunkirby for the cool name)
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 196 HP/196 Atk/116 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
~Stealth Rock
~Protect/knock off- just used to take out enemmy items. Pretty useful
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard
---
Rollaphant starts off the battle with an immediate win. His cute rating will own the opposing lead. His job is to either kill the opposing lead or get rocks up. He is most effective against fake out leads because he can kill them easily but he won't get rocks up. I don't have rocks as my first priority. To me, killing an annoying fakeout lead is very important. I'll set up rocks if there is time.

NICKNAME:
He's and elephant and he rolls, whoooo rollaphant!

THE SPEEDY POKE BALL/MON

Voltorb

@

Electrical Testi
Ability: Static
EVs: 36 Atk/236 Spd/236 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
~Explosion
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Thunder Wave
---
Voltorb is commonly seen as a rain dance starter. But he also functions well as a revenge killer. With T-bolt and HP ice being only resisted by chinchou he can do great damage to unsuspecting pokes. Explosion is the main point of Voltorb. Being the fastest scarfer in LC he can come in on a major problem and boom goes the dynamite. Even with around 11 attack, boom in LC does crazy damage.

NICKNAME:
Well as we can all see, voltorb is an electric type and he looks like a testicle soooo ELECTRICAL TESTI it is :D

THE UBER POWERFUL HARD HEAD

Cranidos

Overkill
@

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk/236 Spd/36 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
~Earthquake
~Zen Headbutt
~Superpower
~Head Smash
---
Cranidos is the second scarfer of my scarfed trio. Cranidos is also the strongest physical poke on my team and he really packs a punch. With his EV's he outspeeds scarfed chop and other scarfed pokes that reach 21 speed. Head smash for the raw power. It also gets stab which equals UBER DAMAGE. But the recoil is a draw back. Head smash is a double edged sword. EQ with mold breaker is win. EQ now hits gastly and bronzor. Zen headbutt for coverage but superpower as a filler. Maybe ice beam would be the better option.

NICKNAME:
Well cranidos has uber power and headsmash is just overkill. So his name is Overkill.

THE INFAMOUS GHOST

Gastly

Spookshire Jr.
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP/40 Def/220 Spd/200 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~Trick
~Sludge Bomb
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Fighting]
---
My 3rd and final part of my scarfed trio. This one however is used to lure in walls and tricks them to cripple them. His goal is to come in and force a switch. Most of the time a muchy will come in and he'll get my scarf and ill get the oran. I'll then HP fighting munchy and most of the time 2hko it while he pursuits doing around 70% and it'll activate my oran. I'll then KO with hp fighting. However if i don't, ill just come in with another sweeper and finish of the munchy. However if muncy is dead already Spookshire Jr. can function as a regular scarfer.

NICKNAME:
I've always been a fan of Marriland and he was the main reason i got into competitive pokemon battling. He had a Gengar named Spookshire and being the pre-evolution of Gengar i gave him Jr after Spookshire.

THE WEIRD FLYING SCORPION BAT THINGY

Gligar

Ragil
(SSBBM for the nickname)
@

Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk/236 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
~Earthquake
~Aqua Tail
~Night Slash
~Stone Edge
Gligar is almost used on most teams for a reason. He has great defense. average HP, good attack, good speed, and a great movepool. What more would you want? With these four attacks, he has almost perfect coverage. He murders many of the common sweepers in LC. He also ties with all 19 speed pokes. Only elekid, voltorb. and Diglett outspeed him. With great typing and awesome stats he is a force to be feared. Life Orb for more damage.

NICKNAME:
I really couldn't think of a cool name so SSBBM came up with Ragil. It sounds cool and is Gligar backwards without the G. Isn't that cool?

THE AWESOME TANK

Munchlax

I eat Gastly for dinner
( credits to Universal Berry for Nickname)
@

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk/36 Def/236 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~Body Slam
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
---
What can i say? Munchlax is plain Munchlax. He does many jobs. He's just to good to describe in a few sentences. His job is to kill special attackers but he can also take hits from a +1 dratini and gligar. Once he took out dratini AND gligar. But with oran berry of course. With thick fat he's even harder to kill. HE takes HP ice like a beast. No i should say like a god. I don't run pursuit. Munchy doesn't need it. Most gastly try to sub and hypnosis. But every time they sub i break it. Ice punch already does in the seventies so if they sub they'll be in KO range for my ice punch. With ice punch i can counter gligar and dratini with ease. He is the glue of my team. Without him, My team just falls apart. Fire punch for coverage against steels like bronzor, EQ to own other steels and fire types and for coverage. Body slam > return because 30% paralyze is just too good to pass. In LC one parahax can ruin a team.

So thats my team! Please rate it. If you find LC interesting go down to CAP server and get some help making your team. I can say most of the members there can help (well the LC players that is). So i hope this team is good.
Bye
~irkkk

LAST LOOK AT MY TEAM!

ALSO PLEASE RATE! IT TOOK ME ALL DAY AND THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS RATE!

woot! I'm rank 13! used to be 16 but after a few minutes i'm 10! This team hasn't lost any game yet!

When it comes to RMTs, I am a complete and utter noob. I have never tried out LC, so I can't give you much useful advice.

However, you're team has a 3 Pokemon weak to water, and 3 weak to ground. Aside from voltorb, there's not much else to scare of waters. As for grounds, I say that gligar may just be you're best check, so I wonder if it will be enough.

Due to my abysmal knowledge of LC, I don't know if that has much of an impact on gameplay and I don't know any counters. Hopefully, you will take this into consideration. I hope I provided a little help. (Actually, I hope I provided more than just 'a little' help).

Just a little note: Is it just me, or do some of your pokemon seem to have less-than-full EVs?

Just a quick rate, but your team seems kinda RP Aron weak. I recommend changing Munchlax to a Bronzor to fix it, as I don't see any weaknesses it would cause. This is just a quick rate - I'll add stuff later.

Just a quick rate, but your team seems kinda RP Aron weak. I recommend changing Munchlax to a Bronzor to fix it, as I don't see any weaknesses it would cause. This is just a quick rate - I'll add stuff later.
I see a problem, unfortunately. Agili/RainDance Chinchou and Mantyke destroy your team if Voltorb is gone, assuming the lack of munchlax. If you do get rid of Munchlax, you'll have to play Voltorb very conservatively, and predict whether or not they will switch in a ghost for the BOOM. Personally I'd keep munchlax, as Aron can be outsped by more of your scarfers than the forementioned two.

maybe i should add roost to gligar.... I hate it when crogunk come in ad sucker punch when I'm at very little health. Also knock off or protect? I'm in the search of a better water wall! Anyone wanna help or post suggestions?

May I suggest replacing Superpower on Cranidos with Stone Edge? Head Smash wears it down very fast, and so SE is nice late game.
I also don't think that Thunderwave on a Choiced pokemon (Voltorb) would be good, but I can't really think of anything better.

FIrst of all, I can only wonder why you are running special attack EVs on Cranidos, when first of all it's special attack stat is dreadful, and the fact it knows no moves that are special. Do not even consider ice beam with a choice item.

Also, choice scarf+thunder wave isn't a really good idea :/

last but not least, I prefer to run stone edge Instead of zen headbutt because since zen headbutt is for highting poison pokes or levitate pokes that resist it's normal moves (bronzor), which earthquake already does because of mold breaker nullifying levitate.

Tell me your opinions and good luck with your team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)