The Smogon League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hosts of these should make it clear that in CC, nobody should be allowed to use Evasion moves, because that is unfair.

Evasion ruins CC. It is almost always impossible to counter. Especially if the pokemon also has rest. It just makes the match take really long. I don't see the purpose in ever allowing it to be used.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Well, the purpose of cc is to be able to use a random assortment of pokemon with a random assortment of moves...whatever those may be. I don't really do cc tourney's so I don't know if it causes a problem in delaying it... but you are fully welcome to ban the use of evasion moves in any tournament that you run.

you shouldn't ban anything in cc =/ . it takes the fun away imo...sure moves like DT can be gay but usually they can be countered by another poke...what's annoying is fighting ghosts when you can't hit one...

nothing should be banned in CC.. that is retarded. CC is supposed to be fun, even though playing a Kakuna with 6 DTs under its belt might not fall in that catagory, I think its safe to say that something given to you by luck shouldnt be tampered with.

Banning evasion in CC is not retarded. It is one of the few controllable things in CC. Banning ghosts is not possible. Evasion just ruins the entire purpose of a Challenge Cup. And that is to have fun. It is impossible to have fun when you get stuck in a 15 minute battle getting owned by gay Evasion pokemon with tackle.

Only losers who rely on cheating luck like to use evasion in CC!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::preach::preach::preach::preach::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(:drool::drool::drool:

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
As I said...disallow the use of evasion moves in CC tournaments that you run so you won't have to deal with it. Try not to impose your preferences on the other hosts though since these tournaments are completely UNserious and therefore do not even warrant a debate.

Aeolus

Bag
The League will consist of a series of impromptu tournaments that will be run via script on the Smogon Netbattle server
Welcome to Smogon man! I hope you enjoy your stay. You can read the first post in this thread if you wish to have any other questions you may have answered.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Since this is supposed to go by Tour rules, will non-stab HP, Celebi and Jirachi be allowed in these mini-tournies? Because if not, a lot of people are going to get dq'd since they don't follow tour rules :\

I think the simple solution to this is not to have CC tournaments, TBH. I mean, I don't think CC was ever intended to be taken seriously, and evasion just adds to the luck element. How can you complain about luck in an environment in which you receive random Pokemon at random levels with random stats, random items, random natures and random movesets?

Seriously.

All these rules are completely up to the hosts, which I reall like. Most people choose to follow tour rules, but I enjoy sometimes allowing hp legends in gsc, etc. I'm presuming the same thing will be in effect with celebi and jirachi.

i have a suggestion, why don't the smogon admin records down the winners and maybe u can make it into a league table like EPL, winnner gest 3 points and etc.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
No, we decided to do these for fun as we already have an Official Smogon Tournament and the Smogon Tours.

Aeolus

Bag
No, it will be a pain to ban Celebi, Jirachi, and unstabbed HP's. The rules for these will remain the same. There isn't the same level of accountability for the players as there is in the tour... so keeping the rules simple is a priority.

Aeolus

Bag
Yeah, I'm aware of that. We haven't put the tier lists up on the new site yet... but once they are available I'll be sure to fix the links.

Aeolus

Bag
NEW ADDITION: IF YOU ENTER A TOURNAMENT AND DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER TEAM READY: YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR 2 HOURS. IF YOU LEAVE THE SERVER AFTER ENTERING... YOU WILL LIKELY BE TEMPBANNED FOR 24 HOURS. STOP DOING THAT.

Do we sign up here for the tournament? If we do, than i'm in for tonite. Also, can tournaments be performed in Stadium mode? OH for the record, i know we dont have to sign up on the forums, but if the tournament fills up on the server, I want to be safe. Do we type in /join when the person tells us to though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)